As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Oh Atlus, you just had to go and add a bunch of tequila shots to the challenges ...

Brofessor is going to hate his life Friday morning.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Ok. So I ran into some troubles with getting the wiggum "choo choo choose you" printed, (copyright issues and what not). But, all is not lost! I purchased a package of Avery Iron-ons and did em myself. They don't look screen print good, but they look pretty damn close! I made three so far, and instead of being stuck with shirts I may not be able to get rid of, I have three extra Iron-ons that those who are interested in may purchase for a measly $5 at the crawl. You won't be able to use them right away, but at least it's a memento you can use later.

Option B would be to do what I did and make them yourself. Get a package of Avery Light Fabric Transfers from Wal-Mart or Target or whatever, (item 3271). Stick it on a plain white T and FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS!! You can easily mess these up if you don't apply alot of heat and alot of pressure. So, here is the image:

http://imgur.com/4JD30

Already sized up and ready to print. Remember: If you use this, be sure to mirror image the image before you print, otherwise it will show up backwards!

Also, as I have been seeing alot of interest from yellow on this board, I'll make a yellow one (and a red one too). Give me a sec to fix em up!

Green is downloaded, printed and pressed. Thanks!

• DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    If the Hard Rock is one of the bars again this year, I'd suggest that for Team Snorlax's bar. It was by far the most spacious bar on the crawl last year. At least, of the bars my team visited.

Don't know what the status for Team Snorlax is, but this is a good idea. They'll also likely have scotch, so I can make good on that debt owed to @MelesMeles. This was the one failure of the bar we were at last year.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    Ladies, Gentlemen, submitted for your approval, I have made something completely stupid for next week.

NSFW

• vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Mesoian wrote: »
    Ladies, Gentlemen, submitted for your approval, I have made something completely stupid for next week.

You mean, the single most amazing thing you've ever created. I vote for theme song. Is there a download link? I want to bump this from my mp3 player.

I'm proud to have you on my team!

vicechan on
  • MesoianMesoian Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I just turned the download link on. Feel free to use it however you like.

Mesoian on
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    Evil. I'm using it for evil.

Thank you!

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Mesoian wrote: »

NSFW

this... this is... O.o

Can we get the bars to play it when we walk in? I would drop much money to just make that happen. LOL

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    OMG. Hahahahhaha. That is....I....yes! Hahaha. It might be terrible, but I am about 5-6 beers into tonight and this is amazing.

edit: Haha. It keeps going! This is amazing.

edit: ......*listens till the end* Hahahahhaha. Why this can't be played in the bars for us is beyond me!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »
    OMG. Hahahahhaha. That is....I....yes! Hahaha. It might be terrible, but I am about 5-6 beers into tonight and this is amazing.

edit: ......*listens till the end* Hahahahhaha. Why this can't be played in the bars for us is beyond me!

Really mean lawyers, mostly.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    redfield85 wrote: »

Really mean lawyers, mostly.

If the bar has a DJ and the guy isn't a dick then it should be fine.*

*Source: DJing

• boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    In exactly a week, most of us will be contemplating how that hangover's gonna feel sitting in line.

Just sayin'!

• theauthormtheauthorm Registered User regular
    Is there any room left on any teams? I've got myself +2 for any one team.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    theauthorm wrote: »
    Is there any room left on any teams? I've got myself +2 for any one team.

No, all teams are permanently closed for this PAX.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    In exactly a week, most of us will be contemplating how that hangover's gonna feel sitting in line.

Just sayin'!

Definitely counting down the days

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    ishtra wrote: »
    boozysmurf wrote: »

Just sayin'!

Definitely counting down the days

Count me in on this as well. It's hard to describe how much I want it to be Wednesday (flying out day. I've even been drinking since noon here at work. Half because of training and half because...well...I want it to be next week.?

Ummm...
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    I'm so excited!

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Good news everyone, Sumi can't make it to PAX east. :( Maybe next year. Please unregister my plus one and me.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
    Sumi wrote: »
    Good news everyone, Sumi can't make it to PAX east. :( Maybe next year. Please unregister my plus one and me.

That's not good news :(

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

This is worse than the time Slytherin had to hand over the House Cup to Ravenclaw.

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »

This is worse than the time Slytherin had to hand over the House Cup to Ravenclaw.

Only because without Sumi there, we can't steal it back.

• goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    Is information about a meeting place posted anywhere? I was unable to find it. I know it starts at 7:30pm, but where in the poke-universe should I find my team?

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Look under your team's roster for the lit of bars.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Look under your team's roster for the lit of bars.

Yea, we gone lite dos bars up!

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Pokecrawlers:

Some notes, if you happen to peruse said thread:
    Assassin badges didn't show up due to messed up postage, so they will be hand-delivered.
    I'm a deliverer. I'll make sure you get what you need, but I'm on the Mareep Gold team and beholden to their schedule.
    Contact El Asassins Man @MarsChelios directly if you ordered assassins badges, and let him know if you want me to deliver your badge, but make damned sure I'm on your schedule, or make allowances to meet up with me before the crawl first (I'll be in boston muchly early :P)

Coin Peoples:
    You know what to do. IDs. Etc. If you have questions, you know how to contact me.

Coin Lusters:
    I will have a LIMITED number of forum coins available for donations to Child's Play at $10+ available. Once they're gone, they're gone. If enough people walk up to me at once, I will raise the price at my whim. My whim is fun when it's for charity.

...And no, you can't have my Mewtwo badge, or my hat.

• CheddaIceCheddaIce Registered User regular
    I finally got my PAX East Badge in the mail via forwarding due to a recent move!!! I'm stoked!!! The PokeCrawl, is goin down... We in the club, it's goin down... haha

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Coin Lusters:
    I will have a LIMITED number of forum coins available for donations to Child's Play at $10+ available. Once they're gone, they're gone. If enough people walk up to me at once, I will raise the price at my whim. My whim is fun when it's for charity.

I will also have a few extra coins and will be following the same as above. Any money will go straight into the pool of money collected for Thursday night.

• goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    I am doomed; my liver is not prepared

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • RhileyRhiley Registered User regular
    You still have time to prepare. Get to a liquor store, stat!

2013 Prime Omeganaut
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Rhiley wrote: »
    You still have time to prepare. Get to a liquor store, stat!

One solution. Get drunk today and stay drunk until Thursday.

• PengKuiWeiPengKuiWei Registered User regular
    It looks like due to work conflicts, I won't be arriving in Boston until midway through the Pokecrawl on Thursday :(

I'd like to remove myself and my +1 from Mareep Gold, so hopefully someone else will be able to fill my spot!

PengKuiWei wrote: »
    It looks like due to work conflicts, I won't be arriving in Boston until midway through the Pokecrawl on Thursday :(

I'd like to remove myself and my +1 from Mareep Gold, so hopefully someone else will be able to fill my spot!

Sorry to hear you can't make it. I'm pretty sure signups are permanently closed though, this close to pax, even with cancellations.

• gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

In 2008, when I showed up to the Triwizard Cup at the halfway point due to travel snafus, it was still the high point of PAX for me. I met a ton of awesome people I still talk to to this very day. Late is still pretty good, IMHO.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • all systems goall systems go Registered User regular
    Any information on the list of bars yet, or the starting point?

Any information on the list of bars yet, or the starting point?

Check the original post.

• PengKuiWeiPengKuiWei Registered User regular
    gfish wrote: »

In 2008, when I showed up to the Triwizard Cup at the halfway point due to travel snafus, it was still the high point of PAX for me. I met a ton of awesome people I still talk to to this very day. Late is still pretty good, IMHO.
    Well I'll discuss with my +1, and maybe we'll show up around 9:00 or so. I did have a blast when I went two years ago.

edited April 2012
    Hey Team Blue! We have some exciting items available for auction and raffle!

Raffled Items (Split between Silver and Gold):
    We will be raffling the following items over the course of the night.
    - 2 sets of Gen 1 pins (8 each, total of 16)
    - 2 sets of Gen 2 pins (8 each, total of 16)
    - 1 pair Portal earrings
    - 1 set Plasmid buttons (4 total)
    - 1 set Gene Tonic buttons (4 total)
    - 1 Pokermon print
    - Ninja Gaiden 3
    - Final Fantasy 13-2
    - The new Twisted Metal
    - A pokemon plush
    - Badges for future PAXes!

Auctioned Items (Most of these are exclusive to Silver):
    We will also be holding an auction in between the second and third bars (McFaddens and Clarkes).
    - An Angry Birds Space lot, including an art book, tshirt, and flash drive
    - A scarf from the ps3 indie game Journey, with the runes from the game on it
    - A set of hand crafted pokeball diveball earrings with matching necklace (thanks lokiale!)
    - A pokeball etched glass shot glass
    - Voucher to pick up two signed MC Frontalot CDs of your choice

*All raffle and auction items are subject to change.

PeasantDave on
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Wooo, yeah Team Yellow! Who's running Yellow anyway? I'm not sure how I feel about having mysteriously unknown leadership.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • LokialeLokiale \o/ Registered User regular
    Pictures of mentioned to be auctioned Dive Ball earrings and necklace. The picture does not capture how shiny these bad boys really are:
    l3yez.jpg

Link to mini album: http://imgur.com/a/8wtUS

Huzzah, Blue Silver! \o/ Bubble to glory!

East 2012 checklist: Hotel [X] Travel [X] Pass [X] Make All The Friends [ ]
    2009 Omeganaut
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    Found my badges! Good job blacked out previous-year me!