As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    sounds pretty good to me!

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    You and I are just two different people.

Also too different people.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    They are all contrived

they are fictional stories

In the next issue, the battle is interrupted when both sides are forced to fight off the break-dancing demon monkeys that suddenly fly out of Wolverine's ass.

THEY'RE FICTIONAL STORIES.

HEY WHY WOULD THEY USE THE PLOTLINE TO WATXM #5 AGAIN

as an aside, the more I think about it, the more I hope Hickman gets to do Avengers after AvX

That would just be too good

huntresssig.jpg
    Hickman Avengers would probably see a return to a somewhat 70's style of Avengers where the enemies they face are insanely powerful weird god types, dwarfing even the mightiest on the team, and they have to be clever and circumspect about how they defeat them.

And that

would be great

although it is worth pointing out that such ideas have already returned to Marvel in Defenders

which is also great!

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    But I want year after year of stories about The Hood and Norman Osborne.

As much as I enjoyed the HAMMER War, it's done, it's over, stick a sock in it. And I didn't even read Siege or whatever so you guys are probably a bajillion times more tired of him than I am.

huntresssig.jpg
    Hickman Avengers would probably see a return to a somewhat 70's style of Avengers where the enemies they face are insanely powerful weird god types, dwarfing even the mightiest on the team, and they have to be clever and circumspect about how they defeat them.

And that

would be great

although it is worth pointing out that such ideas have already returned to Marvel in Defenders

which is also great!

Also I dunno if it would be quite so cosmic

But the idea of a years-spanning plotline involving a bunch of classic Avenger foes and a single, focused team seems pretty great

huntresssig.jpg
  • ArrynArryn Ask not the Innkeeper For destiny is thy name!Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Isn't that Magick's power too?

Naw, Magick's power was to make teleportational portals. They could take her anywhere, but she had to traipse through Limbo to get there.

Unfortunately, the first time her power manifested, she had no clue or training how to use it, and she got stuck in Limbo with the demon lord Belasco. He's the one that taught her actual magic.

I may be misremembering a detail in there, it's been awhile.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    1333130825.jpg
    Yes

YES

CYpGAPn.png
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    That Namor face. The quirked eyebrows, the sneering mouth. VINTAGE Namor.

Every time I see Von Grawbadger I giggle a lot inside.

huntresssig.jpg
    Haha

I love how they are doing them like boxing match photos

"The Plate-Armoured Playboy vs the Metal Manipulator!"

I really hope they do one of those style covers for each issue

I never buy variants but I would get those with no hesitation

CYpGAPn.png
    Haha

Less that, more classic Lee/Kirby House of Ideas era-covers

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »
    Haha

Less that, more classic Lee/Kirby House of Ideas era-covers
    What

it is like

clearly meant to be a Boxing poster

final_large.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
    Is it bad that I'm now thinking of what Big Al would do if I took in some long pig?

huntresssig.jpg
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    What happened to the Young Avengers' Vision?
    I know he got 'killed' by Iron Lad but was it to the point he couldn't be rebuilt or what? Not that I hate the original Vision or anything but I do feel it's kind of a missed opportunity to not have the two meet or something.

Owenashi wrote: »
    I know he got 'killed' by Iron Lad but was it to the point he couldn't be rebuilt or what? Not that I hate the original Vision or anything but I do feel it's kind of a missed opportunity to not have the two meet or something.
    They mentioned that Vision stored backups of his personality and memories somewhere and therefore could be revived, but they chose not to bring him back because Cassie Lang had died and they wanted to believe that he and her were both together in heaven or something.

It was stupid.

They mentioned that Vision stored backups of his personality and memories somewhere and therefore could be revived, but they chose not to bring him back because Cassie Lang had died and they wanted to believe that he and her were both together in heaven or something.

It was stupid.

Christ.

huntresssig.jpg
    that is

the dumbest thing

It was stupid.
    Well, at least they have a way to bring him back if they want. Better then nothing.

on a related note, I just saw the cover to the last issue of OMD

again

christ.

huntresssig.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    that is

the dumbest thing

Welcome to the horrible that was Children's Crusade

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

It was stupid.
    that is

the dumbest thing

• Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

It was stupid.
    Well, at least they have a way to bring him back if they want. Better then nothing.

Well, he is back, but it's the Avengers version that died in Avengers Disassembled and not the Young Avengers version.

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
    I am glad that the Vision is back

and to be honest, I am glad that they just bought him back

because it was dumb that he died and the faster we can get over that and get him back in the game

the better

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I just read AvX #1. For some reason the comic shop in town had it on the shelves today. Nothing too crazy.
    Nova crash lands on Earth warning the the Phoenix Force is coming - there's no indication of who Nova is though. This gets the Avengers in a tizzy so Cap heads to Utopia to bring Hope into "protective custody". Cyclops pulls his whole "this is a mutant problem" and they get into a fight. Cap says "Avengers Assemble" and it turns out that the Helicarrier has been cloaked above the island with the Avengers (including Wolverine) ready to attack. They have some weird American Gladiator jousting sticks too.

Did
    the Wanda thing get brought up at all, how she isn't in protective custody?

because it was dumb that he died and the faster we can get over that and get him back in the game

the better
    I wish the cost wasn't trashing the YA-Vision though.

the better
    I wish the cost wasn't trashing the YA-Vision though.
    What is Marvel's deal with only having one Vision at a time? It's not like they can't find an excuse for the original Vision to be on the Avengers and having Vision jr. on Young Avengers simultaneously.

They trashed the entire Young Avengers roster. It seems like they just wanted to take that franchise off of the table for a while.

• CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Someone please tell me there is something fun and/or good involving any Avengers right now because this discussion has got me down.

Someone please tell me there is something fun and/or good involving any Avengers right now because this discussion has got me down.
    Avengers Assemble got off to a fun start

CYpGAPn.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    Details!

*SWOON*
    Captain Marvel drawn by Terry Dodson

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    Like the majority of Epic Ultimate Showdown Awesome Superhero Fights, the setup, cassus belli, whatever you want to call it for this seems a little...contrived.

I don't agree.

The goals of both sides seem very in character. It makes sense that Scott would try to use the Phoenix to "save" the mutant race and its clear that he views Hope as a divine element so it also makes sense that he'd be willing to try. It also makes sense that Cap wants none of this.

What I wonder is how this wont end in one quick fight.

Quire.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Details!

*SWOON*

oof

Solar on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    dayum. it's carol right? I'm trying to remember the announcement.

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I just read AvX #1. For some reason the comic shop in town had it on the shelves today. Nothing too crazy.
    Nova crash lands on Earth warning the the Phoenix Force is coming - there's no indication of who Nova is though. This gets the Avengers in a tizzy so Cap heads to Utopia to bring Hope into "protective custody". Cyclops pulls his whole "this is a mutant problem" and they get into a fight. Cap says "Avengers Assemble" and it turns out that the Helicarrier has been cloaked above the island with the Avengers (including Wolverine) ready to attack. They have some weird American Gladiator jousting sticks too.

Did

Nope. No Wanda at all.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »

Did

Nope. No Wanda at all.

Solicits say she's not showing up till the middle of the story.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    They trashed the entire Young Avengers roster. It seems like they just wanted to take that franchise off of the table for a while.

Incidents like that don't make any sense IMO. If they want the team "off the table" for a while they don't need any in-universe reasons to do it, just give the characters a break from appearances in comics then bring them back at a later date.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Details!

*SWOON*

oof

Wanna meet that Danvers

This discussion has been closed.