As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    When is the baby due? I think its gonna be hard to look elegant when you've got something the size of a beach ball attached to your womb!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    In 26 days! And it is hard to feel elegant, too. Especially when you feel so breathless and unfit.
    MadEddy wrote: »
    Talk everyone else into coming to work in sweatpants. Then you'll look less slobby in comparison.

My secret is plain black or grey yoga pants. ;) I noticed my boss quite often wears them, too! I figure if it's okay for her, it has to be okay for me!

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I'm looking forward to getting my haircut tomorrow! I love running my hand against the short hair.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • SilmarilSilmaril Mr Ha Ha Hapless. Registered User regular
    Eloquently put Liiya. :)

t9migZb.jpg
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    26 days? Good grief Janson, I had no idea so much time had flown past.

...not that it would've flown past for you what with having to experience all the ups and downs of pregnancy but... look, I'll stop talking now.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2012
    Oooh due a few days before my birthday! You're almost there then, in a month you'll be able to wear your proper clothes again :D

edit: awful smiley strikes again.

Liiya on
    I'm looking forward to getting my haircut tomorrow! I love running my hand against the short hair.

Yessss

I must confess to having asked to rub the heads of relatively strange men before
    Edcrab wrote: »
    26 days? Good grief Janson, I had no idea so much time had flown past.

...not that it would've flown past for you what with having to experience all the ups and downs of pregnancy but... look, I'll stop talking now.

It is pretty crazy! It has been both slow and fast for me, slow as in it'll seem the day will never come, and individual days do drag, but the weeks as a whole seem to fly by.
    Liiya wrote: »
    Oooh due a few days before my birthday! You're almost there then, in a month you'll be able to wear your proper clothes again :D

edit: awful smiley strikes again.

Are you an April or May baby, Liiya?

I am really hoping for an April baby. There are no April birthdays in my family but there are SO many Mays!

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    So the baby is born in April, when all the cool kids are born? Awesome. ;-)

These smilies really are awful.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    These smilies really are awful.

Ugh, tell me about it!

And I am certainly crossing my fingers for April!

edited March 2012
    :^:

I am April 26th!

Liiya on
    Isn't there a Friday 13th April this year?

That's what my money will be on.

t9migZb.jpg
    She is due April 25th! So could quite easily fall on your birthday, Liiya!

Yay! :D

Silmaril wrote: »

Friday 13th would be awesome

I've always had particularly fun Friday 13ths!

Janson wrote: »

A friend of mine's first kid was due about 5 days before a Friday 13th. I told her the kid would wait.

And wait the kid did. She was born at 6 minutes past midnight on the Friday.

My friend scowled at be for about a month afterwards.

t9migZb.jpg
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    hey guys, i didn't know where to ask this, but i've got a date with a guy soon, and, uh... i'm not really sure on the etiquette of who would pay? like, i'm more than happy to, i really like paying for my dates actually it makes me feel cool but anyway, what the fuck basically?

also, why is all big-and-tall men's fashion so bad generally? like, are pastels in for EVERYONE or is it just fat dude clothes?

Don't worry about who's going to pay. Just don't turn it into a big argument.

t9migZb.jpg
    Play it by ear, Metz. Offer to pay, but if he really insists then let him, and say it'll be your turn to pay next time. Then do a jaunty wink.

Maybe not the last bit, but he may like to pay, its nice to treat people, its a nice feeling. So if he really wants to, let him. But offer!

A friend of mine's first kid was due about 5 days before a Friday 13th. I told her the kid would wait.

And wait the kid did. She was born at 6 minutes past midnight on the Friday.

My friend scowled at be for about a month afterwards.

:^:
    hey guys, i didn't know where to ask this, but i've got a date with a guy soon, and, uh... i'm not really sure on the etiquette of who would pay? like, i'm more than happy to, i really like paying for my dates actually it makes me feel cool but anyway, what the fuck basically?

also, why is all big-and-tall men's fashion so bad generally? like, are pastels in for EVERYONE or is it just fat dude clothes?

Who asked who out?

Either way, I'd definitely take more than enough money to cover the both of you, and if he asked *you* out, I'd offer to pay when the bill came (if you asked *him* out, I'd not be offering; I'd be assuming I was paying).

Well, offer to pay if you're okay with paying? I mean I don't see that being an awkward situation, at worst they'll say "oh no we'll split it/I'll pay" and the evening will go on as normal

That's maybe me being presumptious, but I assume dates are dates regardless of the participants!

And if you don't mind the reverse happening, if he pipes up and insists on paying, then good... Everyone is happy, and there was much rejoicing!

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I... don't have a lot of dating experience.

:?

Metzger Meister on
    This is where you learn, go get 'em tiger!

If I ever had to date again... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

I don't think I've ever been on a date.

t9migZb.jpg
    this is actually like, only my second date ever. jesus.

what if he tries to kill me?

Every single one I had was a complete and utter disaster

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    you pay metzger

I don't think you're helping...

t9migZb.jpg
  • UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Quick, somebody win the lotto and give me lots of dollars because want: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61270566/double-breasted-melton-wool-olga-coat

Kill him right back.

Thats what I did on the two dates I've ever had, and look how they worked out.

Usagi wrote: »
    Quick, somebody win the lotto and give me lots of dollars because want: http://www.etsy.com/listing/61270566/double-breasted-melton-wool-olga-coat

the mega's at 640 million, gurl, go get you a ticket.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular

the mega's at 640 million, gurl, go get you a ticket.

Shit yes

Gonna roll around in money while wearing that bitchin' coat

Liiya wrote: »
    Kill him right back.

Thats what I did on the two dates I've ever had, and look how they worked out.

Look, I'm finding it harder and harder to believe that "forestry" story now. And that was clearly blood and not sap on the axe

(Don't sweat it Metz, it'll be great, mark my words!)

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png

I don't think you're helping...

I was young and so immature, Metz is going to be fiiine

Soooooo pretty

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I thought most pencil skirts came with short slits in the back for when you needed to take longer strides?

on who pays: I always saw it as, you pay for your own half unless you weren't responsible for the venue. Like, you end up at a really fancy restaurant, the sort of place you would not choose yourself; wouldn't you be at least a little upset about having to pay your half of an expensive meal if you would not have chosen that place yourself? If it is mutually agreed upon you should be ready to pay your half.

looking older: heels, 2-color eyemakeup, lipstick, long red nails. That is as best as I can do. When I return for the summer we are having my dressmaker make me new things, it has been too hard to commission anything or make or alter anything ourselves when I live so far from my tailor and haven't the room or supplies to do my own things.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular

Who asked who out?

Either way, I'd definitely take more than enough money to cover the both of you, and if he asked *you* out, I'd offer to pay when the bill came (if you asked *him* out, I'd not be offering; I'd be assuming I was paying).

This is the proper etiquette for the situation.

I always offer to pay anyway, but the person who initiated asking the other out on the date should be prepared to foot the bill.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    Edcrab wrote: »
    Do any of y'all have makeup tips for making oneself look older? I'm thinking makeup for job interviews, here. I would like interviewers to believe that I am really 27, but I'm kind of stuck with a baby face.

Man, I know that feeling. I got carded yesterday when buying alcohol (which turned out to a needless purchase as my friends brought their own, but whatever) and it made me realise that I can either shave and look like a kid or keep it on and look like a crazed vagrant.

Boths looks have their ups and downs, I imagine. And it occurs to me that "grow a beard!" is exactly the opposite of helpful advice so I'll stop there I think

Go for an in-between, then. One of my besties has the same problem you do and he solves his problem by essentially maintaining a neatly maintained 5 o'clock shadow. Makes him look older without also looking like his facial hair is hiding living things.

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

Man just offer to pay when the check comes. Depends on who asked who out, though. Janson's got it right.

I think Blake looks awesome in the pastel shirts that he owns, though in his case they are tailor-made... being a tall skinny dude is somehow harder to find store clothes than if he were a bit wider, too

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I haven't bought new clothes in a while. All my old jeans are now at least 4-6" too big in the waist and my tshirts are xl when I can wear a l now. I've two suits that are gigantic on me. Nothing really fits me.

I also need to shave more often cause I hate the shitty stubble I get.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
This discussion has been closed.