As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Atelier Ayesha] More Moe Alchemy *06/04 Battles and Crafting Videos and stuff*

DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
edited June 2012 in Games and Technology
*Update #3 06/04/2012*

Battlin'!
Craftin'!
Promoin'!
*Update #2 04/24/2012*

Andriasang has put up some new info the other day for Atelier Ayesha, introducing two characters, Regina and Keithgrif as well as several nice screenshots of the crafting.

Regina:
Age 23
Blood Type O
Height 163cm
CV Fumie Mizusawa

Regina, Ayesha's friend from some time back, collects items from ruins and sell them. She was born into a wealthy family and had to look after her many brothers.

full.jpgfull.jpgfull.jpg

Keithgrif:
Age 45
Blood Type AB
Height 180cm

Keithgrif is an alchemist from another country. He travels around ruins and ancient cities in pursuit of knowledge.
full.jpgfull.jpgfull.jpg

Also, ALCHEMY!
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg
full.jpg

Plenty more screenshots on Andriasang

*Update #1 04/01/2012*

Silicon era has revealed some screenshots revealed by gust that showcase some of the crafting/combat/cutscenes in the game.
ayesha_04.jpg
ayesha_05.jpg
ayesha_09.jpg
ayesha_16.jpg
ayesha_18.jpg
ayesha_19.jpg

Even more screenshots are available in Siliconera's showcase.

It looks like some info for the next Atelier game is coming out, and it will be titled Atelier Ayesha.

Gust currently has a product page with a short cutesy theme and a date of 04.02.2012, presumably when the game site will come online.

But as it is however, it is already listed in Amazon.co.jp with a JP release of June 28, 2012. Pre-orders will receive a bonus "Drama CD", and "Book Award" (though the second one might be a Google translate anomaly).

51sAKTYDZWL.jpg(via Amazon)
23uq4.jpg(via Andriasang)

Further info:
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/04/01/first-screenshots-give-a-good-look-at-atelier-ayeshas-new-art-style/
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/18/gust-announces-new-atelier-videogame-project
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2012/03/29/project-a14-game-continues-to-tease-as-atelier-ayesha
http://andriasang.com/con0e7/atelier_asha/
http://0taku.livedoor.biz/archives/4154823.html (JP)
http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-20582.html (JP)
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201203/18011730.html (JP)

Donnicton on

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    ...I see...man why don't they make a new Mana Khemia already.

That series is far superior.

As for this one I may or may not get it. Didn't care for the last one.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Well, apparently Gust is going to be making the switch to full 3D models for this one, so it's going to be going in a somewhat different direction this time.

• Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular

You played the Japanese version of Meruru? I've heard enough great things about it that I've decided to jump into the series with that one when it comes out later in the year. Good idea or no?

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    The artwork and character designs in the Atelier games is some of the best in the entire genre.
    And everyone else wishes they could do Gust crafting systems of excellence.

Always happy for another game, though I know it'll be at least another year+ before we see it in English.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2012

You played the Japanese version of Meruru? I've heard enough great things about it that I've decided to jump into the series with that one when it comes out later in the year. Good idea or no?

I mean the last english one not the last JPN one.

Edit: Yeah, Rorona was the one I played but I didn't like the combat. Apparently Meruru is supposed to be better though.

Dragkonias on
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Greeeeeat. Another anime cutesy girl needs to save some alchemy shop in the sticks from financial ruin.

I WILL PLAY THE HELL OUT OF THIS GAME. :O

Put in the "I'd rather have another Mana Khemia game" camp, as well, but I really enjoy all of the Atelier games.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    I hear they let the 2D animator from the previous games go. :/

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I don't know why I think "must have!" when I heard this news.

I have Rorona and Totori untouched in my PS3 case...
    ...and Lilie in my PS2 case.

Something about this series makes me buy the games and then never actually get around to playing them.

cckerberos.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Did anyone else hope it was going to be a african girl when you saw "Ayesha"? I was hoping for a Foxy Brown sort of Atelier game.

edited March 2012

I mean the last english one not the last JPN one.

Edit: Yeah, Rorona was the one I played but I didn't like the combat. Apparently Meruru is supposed to be better though.

I'd actually start from the beginning because the games go chronilogically; ie Totori is Rorona's student etc.

Magic Pink on
  • cckerberoscckerberos Registered User regular
    I hear they let the 2D animator from the previous games go. :/

Yes, the new game will be done by the artist Hidari.

cckerberos.png
    edited March 2012
    On the topic of Gust's plans for the Atelier games, there appears to be an "Atelier Elkrone" coming out in Japan for the PSP. It is apparently a dating sim with an Alchemy system. While the game is alchemy-heavy from what I'm reading, the main focus on the game is the dating sim aspect between Elkrone and the male suitors. Release date in JP of 04/12/12.

638410_222457_front.jpg
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/638410-elkrone-no-atelier-dear-for-otomate/images/box-222457

image_thumb67.png
    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/07/26/atelier-elkrone-dear-for-otomate-is-a-love-sim-with-alchemy-gameplay/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkVns3XG9Ic

Donnicton on
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh! One thing I like about the Atelier series!
    It actually has characters in their 40s+ in the party that are experienced and competent.
    And people in their 30s aren't considered grandpas/grandmas.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Updated with some screenshots! More in the linked article!

• Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular

I just want a new Atelier Iris. Man, I miss that series so hard! It felt like actual grand and epic adventures, along with the good characters and game-play!

A new Mana-Khemia would be welcome, too... if they fix the almost unbearable english dubbing...

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
    New screenshots 'n stuff - with more in the linked article.

I can't seem to find the old Atelier thread. :(

Anyway, has anyone picked up Meruru? Out of the 3 PS3 games I have to say this one is the most annoying, easily. The Development Goals really are confusing and don't explain nearly enough of what you need to do. I've wasted over a week of game time screwing up goals.

• blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    Meruru is the newest one? Does that mean Totori is cheap?

I got Rorona new for $6, and it was a good game for that price. Thinking about picking up the next one sometime.

Magic Pink wrote: »
    I can't seem to find the old Atelier thread. :(

Anyway, has anyone picked up Meruru? Out of the 3 PS3 games I have to say this one is the most annoying, easily. The Development Goals really are confusing and don't explain nearly enough of what you need to do. I've wasted over a week of game time screwing up goals.

Alas, a "delivery exception" with UPS has delayed my two-day shipping to five days. Not to worry, they have taken "corrective action" and with any luck I'm supposed to be getting it today.

blaze_zero wrote: »
    Meruru is the newest one? Does that mean Totori is cheap?

I got Rorona new for $6, and it was a good game for that price. Thinking about picking up the next one sometime.

Totori is available on Gamestop for ~$20, but not online, you'll have to do utilize the sneakernet in order to get it at a local store. Amazon only has it through third-parties at retail price.

You can also get it directly from NIS for retail price.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    So Atelier Meruru arrived today. Haven't played any of the games in this cycle of Atelier games -- in fact, I don't think I've ever touched any of the Atelier games, save a quick (1 hr) try of the DS one. Might sit down and give them a try, but then again, I have a ton of other GUST games to go through, too.

The 30s comment above makes me chuckle, since in the second game of this trilogy, I'm fairly certain they turned the main character from the first game into a 8 year old because they couldn't stand the idea of her being a "old lady" (read: 30 years old).

KiTA on
    edited June 2012
    Well, Totori is supossed to be 19 in this new one but she still looks 8. I'm so tired of that. And Sterk is 40 something and looks MAYBE 21.

Magic Pink on
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    Just got my copy of Meruru in today. Of course I'm still behindin the games but I plan to catch up at some point :P

I ought to make a generic Atelier thread. They're such charming fun OCD I MUST COMPLETE ALL ALCHEMY games.

Syphyre wrote: »
    Just got my copy of Meruru in today. Of course I'm still behindin the games but I plan to catch up at some point :P

I ought to make a generic Atelier thread. They're such charming fun OCD I MUST COMPLETE ALL ALCHEMY games.

There WAS one but I'll be damned if I can find it now. It was going pretty strong when Totori came out.

Well, as strong as a niche JRPG thread could hope to do I guess.

In other news: Meruru is HARD, yo. You actually have to give a shit about LP now. And you had better always have items for her to attack with. It's really different from the other two.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    This one? forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/23784/atelier-series-appreciation-thread/p1

Yeah, it's a niche RPG, but we love 'em. Haven't dug into Meruru because I'm still trying to finish out the previous games. Hard is good though!. I like the challenge. Sorta like in MK2 where the first fight with Punis almost wastes me.

New Atelier game just dropped I guess, Atelier Escha and Logy. Believe it or not, you can actually play a GUY in this one.

Anyone nab it? I wasn't really aware one had come out and when it showed up in the mail I realized I hadn't even unwrapped Atelier Ayesha yet. :neutral_face:

• BonepartBonepart Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    New Atelier game just dropped I guess, Atelier Escha and Logy. Believe it or not, you can actually play a GUY in this one.

Anyone nab it? I wasn't really aware one had come out and when it showed up in the mail I realized I hadn't even unwrapped Atelier Ayesha yet. :neutral_face:

I got it release day but put it off due to EDF 2025.

Started it up last night for a couple of hours and I love it so far. Had a blast with Ayesha as well.

Bonepart on
    XBL Gamertag: Ipori
    I forgot this thread existed. But I'm too lazy to update it so whatevs.

I haven't gotten Escha/Logy yet thanks to GoHastings being douchebags as usual(held a sale on it, then cancelled everyone's orders without notification a day before release) and I don't have the full $60 for it yet, but everything I've seen appears to indicate that it's definitely one of Gust's better games.

• TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited March 2014

Got the JPN Premium Box version. Missed out on the first release bonuses because of a forgetful memory. English version is on order.

The Atelier series started with female protagonists. It was with the Iris series and Mana Khemia where the lead is nominally male but Rorona went back to the series roots. Escha and Logy has an awesome hidden word in the title which may or may not be a hint to the game's themes. Escha to (and) Logy - Eschatology

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Takel wrote: »

The Atelier series started with female protagonists. It was with the Iris series and Mana Khemia where the lead is nominally male but Rorona went back to the series roots.

I know, that's why I mentioned how surprised I was you can play a guy in this one.