As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I have basically learned that anime companies suck at describing shows. Though through average good verse holy crap this is painfully bad ratio in Japanese animation, probably only one of those will be good, one will be watchable but not good and the rest will be used to melt peoples minds.

I miss just having normal Japanese TV. So many bad TV shows that were so worth watching.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    The new Eureka Seven series has me worried. I really enjoyed the first one.

Ditto, buuuut I have to give it a chance considering how much I' love the original.

Did you watch the movie Eureka7: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young Lovers?

No

• MyDcmbrMyDcmbr PEWPEWPEW!!! America's WangRegistered User regular

Ditto, buuuut I have to give it a chance considering how much I' love the original.

No

Why not?

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    Santorum probably isn't stupid enough to call Obama that.

Santorum has plenty of things he will say which are just as terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeaA8nkiWdk

nibXTE7.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular

Young lovers?

This is a series about 13 year olds.

No

Why not?

Because its like 40 fucking dollars,

• LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    Bloodyroar.

Have you watched Nisemonogatari? Best/worst show I've watched this season. Not quite up to the standards set by Bakemonogatari, but still.

No

Why not?

Because its like 40 fucking dollars,

Hmm...

I may be convinced into loaning it to you.

Steam
    So we get stiff once in a while. So we have a little fun. What’s wrong with that? This is a free country, isn’t it? I can take my panda any place I want to. And if I wanna buy it a drink, that’s my business.
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

Young lovers?

Hence young lovers.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    The age of consent in animes must be the same as in Vatican City.

The age of consent in animes must be the same as in Vatican City.

And in Shakespearean plays apparently...

Steam
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

Young lovers?

Hence young lovers.

I'm not judging. It's a cartoon and all the characters are drawn. I'm hitting the EJECT button on this quote tree.

Sometimes I think you chaps are very divorced from reality. When you were 13 did you not date and flirt and all that? When you see two teenagers holding hands walking down the street do you not go "Ah, young love"?

• matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think you chaps are very divorced from reality. When you were 13 did you not date and flirt and all that? When you see two teenagers holding hands walking down the street do you not go "Ah, young love"?

No, also no.

nibXTE7.png
    Leitner wrote: »
    Bloodyroar.

Have you watched Nisemonogatari? Best/worst show I've watched this season. Not quite up to the standards set by Bakemonogatari, but still.

No honestly, my anime watching has slowed down considerably in the last couple years.

Looking at season lists the last time I really watched a series was when Darker then Black and Nnemosyne were on so 2008ish

Nothing really has interested me since.

No, also no.

Well we all know that you were raised in that isolation chamber and then forcibly ejected into society upon reaching the age of 18.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular

Yeah but I don't go oh boy I want to see those two get to third base!

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    i don't date and flirt now

Elendil on
    edited March 2012

When I was 13 I was busy not being a "mature" 16 year old highschool guy who all the 13 year old girls in my class wanted to date.

#notbitter

Caveman Paws on

And, (at least in the series I haven't seen the movie) the two 13 year olds do nothing more than hold hands and maybe, at the very end, kiss, if memory serves.

This shit is getting old guys.

No, also no.

Well we all know that you were raised in that isolation chamber and then forcibly ejected into society upon reaching the age of 18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5ZboZq661E

And, (at least in the series I haven't seen the movie) the two 13 year olds do nothing more than hold hands and maybe, at the very end, kiss, if memory serves.

That's why I don't bother.

Romeo and Juliet is perfectly fine, even though Juliet was 13, but OMG anime is soooo pervy because two 13yos like each other.

Steam
    Yea winter08-09 was the lat time I watched anime

It was actually Rideback and Maria Holic

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    that chick is like

the pele of anal

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Man, the pervert quota in [chat] is disturbingly low. Don't make me bring out the big guns.

Nova_C on

How is Rideback?

It's been in my cart on Amazon for months... actually, it might be on Netflix.

Steam
    Wow a whole machine dedicated to sorting out beans based on color.

Nova_C wrote: »
    Man, the pervert quota in [chat] is disturbingly low. Don't make me bring out the big guns.

What is the safety phrase?

How is Rideback?

Personally I though it fell off in the second half,

this is a fantastic description of how I feel about it
    The mecha adventure RideBack (2009) takes place in 2025, when the sinister cabal GGP rules much of the world. Rin Ogata was a rising ballet star but sustained an injury that ended her career. She rediscovers the excitement dancing used to bring her when she begins piloting a RideBack, a robot-motorcycle hybrid. Applying the coordination and skills she learned in ballet, Rin forms a mystical bond with her machine as solid as any Gundam pilot's. She quickly surpasses the other riders at her college, even reigning champion Tamayo Kataoka. But those piloting skills get her into trouble when she and her roommate Shoko find themselves caught between the "antiterrorist" forces of the GGP and the rebels of the BMA. RideBack often feels like two series spliced together. Rin's journey to regain her confidence is an interesting and original shojo adventure--her back story provides a convincing reason for her piloting skills, unlike the usual superstacked female mecha jockeys. The BMA-led revolt against the dictatorial GGP is just a standard-issue sci-fi saga with fanatics on both sides seeking revenge. The filmmakers don't have enough time to tell either story well in just 12 episodes--the underdeveloped subplot involving collusion between the leader of the GGP in Japan and the mecha manufacturer feels tacked on. But despite its flaws RideBack has a spark of originality many recent anime titles lack. (TV 14: brief nudity, violence, violence against women, torture, alcohol use) --Charles Solomon

Apples.

• thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

FLÜGGÅƎNK∂€ČHIŒβØL∫ÊN

I masturbated to lonelygirl15.

Before I knew she was legal?

Does that makes you feel more at home nova?
    This never actually happened

• LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    that chick is like

the pele of anal

is this a compliment?

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Well, it's not nothing, Kagera, but it's pretty disappointing.

Where's the feces? The barnyard animals?

I swear, it's like you guys don't know how to be perverts anymore.

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i don't date and flirt now
    For real

How is Rideback?

Personally I though it fell off in the second half,

this is a fantastic description of how I feel about it
    The mecha adventure RideBack (2009) takes place in 2025, when the sinister cabal GGP rules much of the world. Rin Ogata was a rising ballet star but sustained an injury that ended her career. She rediscovers the excitement dancing used to bring her when she begins piloting a RideBack, a robot-motorcycle hybrid. Applying the coordination and skills she learned in ballet, Rin forms a mystical bond with her machine as solid as any Gundam pilot's. She quickly surpasses the other riders at her college, even reigning champion Tamayo Kataoka. But those piloting skills get her into trouble when she and her roommate Shoko find themselves caught between the "antiterrorist" forces of the GGP and the rebels of the BMA. RideBack often feels like two series spliced together. Rin's journey to regain her confidence is an interesting and original shojo adventure--her back story provides a convincing reason for her piloting skills, unlike the usual superstacked female mecha jockeys. The BMA-led revolt against the dictatorial GGP is just a standard-issue sci-fi saga with fanatics on both sides seeking revenge. The filmmakers don't have enough time to tell either story well in just 12 episodes--the underdeveloped subplot involving collusion between the leader of the GGP in Japan and the mecha manufacturer feels tacked on. But despite its flaws RideBack has a spark of originality many recent anime titles lack. (TV 14: brief nudity, violence, violence against women, torture, alcohol use) --Charles Solomon

Hmmm.

If it's available on Netflix, I think I will watch it. I dunno about actually buying it though.

Steam

That's why I don't bother.

Romeo and Juliet is perfectly fine, even though Juliet was 13, but OMG anime is soooo pervy because two 13yos like each other.

I think it falls under the rule, "fans ruin everything." Even though many of shows that become popular do not oversexualize the characters the fan base does. A lot of the merchandising ends up sexualizing a lot under age characters as well to sell to such people. And there is a subset of anime which does sexualize the underage characters.

The show you are talking about isn't one of those. In fact many aren't. But between the fans and the subset that does it is pretty easy to point to Japan and go, "WTF is wrong with you?"

u7stthr17eud.png
    The only feces I Play with are my own thanks.

Also it is not just anime that fans ruin. I want to point out Talimancers and that one guy who figured out what Tali's sweat would taste like.

u7stthr17eud.png
This discussion has been closed.