As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Gamma World] In the Shadow of Zeus [IC]

13»

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Brad drummed his plastic fingers on the bar, waiting for his comrades to make a consensus on what to do next. The sound was loud and bit off-putting, as the dummy's fingers clunked with no particular rhythm or rhyme.
    Perception: 1d20+4 20

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilverBonesSilverBones The Ruined King North Bay AreaRegistered User regular
    Behind the group, the sound of boots clunking up the wooden planks sounded out, the dull creak of the old floor showing that the person who owned the boots also owned big feet. Those big feet were connected to a big body. It is pretty easy to perceive, so you do not have a hard time being prepared for the entry.

The big body was dressed in a long leather coat, a wide-brimmed hat and a whole lot of hair. The Yeti stepped into the cantina, looking around at the group in front of him and then out at the bodies of the dead Zeus Agents.

“You people did this?” he asked, his voice a rumble of thunder, as he looked up under the brim of his hat. The Yeti was massive, bigger even than Hotaru and as he looked at the group, you could see that his stance is relaxed, but confident.

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

GM of Gamma World - In the Shadow of Zeus - [INFO THREAD] - [OOC]
    Player of Gaan Ir'Molo in Star Wars: Out in the Black
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    Sal looked up at the towering Yeti who had just entered the bar. "Hotaru is this yer pa?"

My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    "That ain't an answer." The yeti rumbles, fixing Sal with his coal-black eyes.

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Sal stepped forward until he was almost nose to nose with the towering Yeti. Staring up into the creature's face he glowered. "Unless yer looking to join them fellers on the floor yed best watch how you talk to me pardner."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Fearlessly, the yeti leans down so he is nose to nose with the much smaller lizard. The heat from the Salamander surprisingly unwavering him.

"I talk to who I want, how I want, 'pardner'." he adds slowly.

"...but if you have beef with the Zeus Company, then you wouldn't be doing yourself a favor by provokin' me." he says before standing up tall to look at the group.

"My name is Marz. I run The Blackouts; a resistance group who are trying to take on the Zeus company." he says, twisting his neck so it gives off a satisfactory pop. "If you folks are wanting to take revenge on Carl... well then you are going to need more than just brass balls and a direction to walk in."

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    "It seems to me we handed him a beating without you around." Liam continues to crunch on the strange red nuts, which have a strange smoky taste. "He ran away like a scalded dog. What help do you think we need?"

steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    "You caught Carl with his pants down. He was expecting the same old crowd. We knew that and were going to ambush him, but you jumped the gun." he said, his voice filled with distaste.

"...You got lucky. Next time, Carl will be ready for you."

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    "And we will be ready for him! Justice will be served!" Jellica wriggled in righteousity.

• Options
    Sal smiled at Jellica and winked. "And our brand o justice don't got no hairballs in it so go on and get you overgrown buzzard."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Marz smirks simply.

"You got some guts for a lizard, I'll give you that. Let's see how far you get with Carl before you come crawling back on your belly." the tall Yeti says, tipping his hat to the ladies of the group before turning on his heel and whistling to an unseen person outside the diner.

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    vertrouevertroue I am Female Totes Not a SithRegistered User regular
    "Hey lizard! Watch what you say there...But Hey big guy wait up...Ummm" Looking back to the group Hotaru now looks uncertain..."Um guys, er, things, er whatever mates, this um" staring up at the yeti, "Guy...might be able to help us out."

Blood and Fire
    From the Desk of Darth Vertroue Diplomat to the USA.
  • Options
    Marz pauses, but his face is impatient. Beyond him, you see a short, mutant cockroach come into sight. He is dressed in heavy armor, adding to his already thick carapace and is armed with the biggest hand-held mechanical crossbow you have ever seen. You see an old symbol for medical aid painted on the cockroaches armored shoulder - a red cross.

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    "Alright, Marz, you got my interest now. Before we go any further, though, what's your interest in this thing? Tell us what Zeus is up to."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Marz turns his head to look at the man addressing him and frowning, he seems to regard the question with more thought than potentially needed.

“The Zeus Company has been terrifying folk from these parts for years now. Whatever hell-hole they crawled out of, they had weapons and power. I take offense to anyone who uses that power to lord it over the rest of everyone else.” Marz added.

“This here is Dr. Squib. He will fill you in on the rest.” He added then moved off out of the diner, towards a small group of individuals who then departed in turn.

“Vilkommen.” The cockroach said as it approached the group. “Ze boss is be leaving you viv me, ya?” it added.

“You can call me Dr. Squib. You vill be looking for an entrance to see Herr Carl, ya? Zat bastard ist ein kartoffelkopf! You go show him who iz ze boss."

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Eyeing up the enormous humaonid cockroach out of the corner of his eye Sal smiled. "Doc if you can tell us which hole that snake Carl is curled up in I'll be the first to take a stick to him."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    "So, the crossbow. Do you shoot healing arrows?" Liam walks around the cockroach, checking out his armor. "That's a fine suit of protection you have there. Why don't you deal with Carl yourself?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "Doctor, " Brad asked, regarding the strange (relatively, anyway) cockroach. "do you know where this secret entrance is?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    “I know of ze geographical location of ze entrance, but not a vay of entering it... at least without doing ze sneaky things, ya?” Dr. Squib replied, scratching a long scar that ran from the back of his armored face, down the middle of one of his insectile eyes and down to his mandibles. It was obviously very deep and no doubt played with the bug’s vision.

“Ze problem is getting ze key. Zere is a way to get it, but it is not something zat I would be able to do by myself.” He added, pointing to his scar with a spindly finger and replying to Liam.

“I tried once already and zis is what I got for ze trouble. Nein, you must take your friends… someone unknown to gain access to ze contractors entrance on the rear of ze Zeus Headquarters.” He added, pointing to east dramatically with his spindly, yet ridiculously-strong arms.

“But to do zat, you vill need Contractor ID’s. If you can get me enough to cover your whole group, I can reforge them, assign zem to you and you can valk into ze building without so much of a peepski from ze guards.”

“Ze problem is getting ze ID tags.”

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    "Why? Who has them, or where are they, that it seems to be a problem to get?" Hotaru looks like she doesn't think it is a problem at all.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Ze Porkers.” Dr. Squib manages to hiss.

“Ze Zeus Company employs ze Porkers to help with their collection work. Minor infractions und ze like… especially if zey are not caring about ze area, ya?” he added.

“Ze piggies travel on bikes. Zey stop at villages to steal ze fuel and move on to do zier job. My suggestion is to ambush ze piggies when zey stop by a near town and smash zem into Sauerkraut!” Squib added with an almost rampaging shout.

“You get ze tags, I modify ze codes… you get in to see Das Kartoffelkopf, Carl. Ve all vin.” He added, calming visibly.

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    "Pigs on bikes, eh? And all we need to do is cause a minor infraction and they come running?" Liam looks around at the bizarre crew he's ended up riding with. "Minor infractions are something of a specialty."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "sounds like a good time to me."

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "I don't like the idea of sneaking," said Jellica. "On the other hand, sounds like these hogs aren't kosher." Her gelatin rippled with laughter.

• Options
    Brad sighed and added, "Very well. Let us skewer these pigs and deep fry them with the delicious golden brown coating of justice. I'm suddenly very hungry for corn dogs..."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "However aren't we going to have to ketchup with these dogs first?" Hotaru said looking very pleased with herself on that one.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    “Ze jokes,” Dr Squib said stone-faced (as much as a bug can be).

“…are horrible.”

Shaking his head, he turned to the door and walked out onto the wooden porch leading to the street. Pointing off to the east, he seemed to squint at the horizon between two hills in the distance and then looked back at the group.

“Ze Trashlands are only a few kilometers avay.” It said. “…on ze outskirts iz a town called Scraptop Hold. Ze Piggies vill be passing through ze area in a day or so. Normally it would be hard to get zere, but your caravan seems…. Robust, ya?” he added before walking back in.

“We go to ze piggies, set ze ambush and bingo! Ze tags are yours.” He said, turning and heading out towards their caravan. Time it seemed was of the essence, and the Cockroach was not planning to hang around.

SilverBones on

[ B E A R ]
    I used to be a King;
    now I drag my Throne

• Options
    Brad shrugged and followed the doctor. "I guess that's that then. Let's fasten our seat restraints, keep all limbs inside the caravan, and find some pigs."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Shrugging Hotaru shouldered her telephone pole over one shoulder and followed the roach.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "Again he talks about an ambush. I don't like that. We win by striking fast." Liam slips his screwdriver into an inner pocket, heads toward the caravan. "Let's get moving. Wasting daylight."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "So less talk and more walk fastman! Comeone people daylight is wasten."

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    As soon as he heard Dr. Squib's explanation Sal stepped out of the cantina and looked down the street. "Which way did you say these pig fellers were doc? I do';t fancy getting caught out on the plains looking for them in the dark."

My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Dr. Squib points them in the right direction and Sal gets aboard the caravan, pointing it west. Jellica hovers over one of the wagons while everyone else piles on board. They soon reach the crossroads where the ambush is to take place...

• Options
    "Huh, where is everyone? I though we were supposed to meet some fellows here." Scratching her head rather confusedly Hotaru looks around, "Hey fast man, do you see anything?" Hotaru whispered to the fast man thing.

Blood and Fire
  • Options
    "I got nothing yet. I'd tell you to be patient, but that would be silly coming from me. Just keep an eye out for the big German bug."

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    "I thought thee Germans vere 'aster then us normal beings...Huh mayhaps I be wrong here!"

Blood and Fire