As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Get Your Ass to [Chat]

1868788899092»

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Sometimes I think you chaps are very divorced from reality. When you were 13 did you not date and flirt and all that? When you see two teenagers holding hands walking down the street do you not go "Ah, young love"?

Yeah but I don't go oh boy I want to see those two get to third base!

And, (at least in the series I haven't seen the movie) the two 13 year olds do nothing more than hold hands and maybe, at the very end, kiss, if memory serves.

This shit is getting old guys.

That's why I don't bother.

Romeo and Juliet is perfectly fine, even though Juliet was 13, but OMG anime is soooo pervy because two 13yos like each other.

I think it falls under the rule, "fans ruin everything." Even though many of shows that become popular do not oversexualize the characters the fan base does. A lot of the merchandising ends up sexualizing a lot under age characters as well to sell to such people. And there is a subset of anime which does sexualize the underage characters.

The show you are talking about isn't one of those. In fact many aren't. But between the fans and the subset that does it is pretty easy to point to Japan and go, "WTF is wrong with you?"

Fans are pretty universally awful and terrible, see America and fans of Avatar and MLP.

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    MyDcmbr wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    Sometimes I think you chaps are very divorced from reality. When you were 13 did you not date and flirt and all that? When you see two teenagers holding hands walking down the street do you not go "Ah, young love"?

Yeah but I don't go oh boy I want to see those two get to third base!

And, (at least in the series I haven't seen the movie) the two 13 year olds do nothing more than hold hands and maybe, at the very end, kiss, if memory serves.

This shit is getting old guys.

That's why I don't bother.

Romeo and Juliet is perfectly fine, even though Juliet was 13, but OMG anime is soooo pervy because two 13yos like each other.

Don't give me that every adolescent anime relationship is basically like the three kids in evangelion eventually someone is ejaculating over an unconscious girl.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Also seriously, who decided a 13 year old should be piloting a giant military robot.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Also seriously, who decided a 13 year old should be piloting a giant military robot.

The robot does, usually.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

Marketing department. Most of this stuff is targeted at teenagers and pre-teens.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Mazzyx, make the new chat

@Kagera is backup

This discussion has been closed.