As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] 2012 Assassins! - Assassins Ball (Shipped Kits update! March 30) [106!]

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Oh, if anyone ends up having to pick up their badge AT the con, a good unofficial rule would be mutually assured immunity for one hour ;)

It'd be kind of mean to hand it to someone and say "By the way, you're dead." or hand it to someone and have them say it to me :(

Pre-pax events obv don't matter because they're safe anyway :)

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    If possible, it would be ideal to pick them up sometime shortly before the pokecrawl nearish to the pokecrawl, but I can manage something more drastic if need be. If any of the people volunteering are going to the fried food thing, that probably would be best- I could get them from you when you're coming back from Mike's (Unless I manage to make the fried food thing, which is a possibility)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • FruhmannFruhmann Registered User regular
    so were ALL of the kits returned? or just a few?

• MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Oh, if anyone ends up having to pick up their badge AT the con, a good unofficial rule would be mutually assured immunity for one hour ;)

It'd be kind of mean to hand it to someone and say "By the way, you're dead." or hand it to someone and have them say it to me :(

Agreed! :) I'll mention that to people picking up kits inside the convention.

Fruhmann wrote: »
    so were ALL of the kits returned? or just a few?

The majority of the kits were returned.

MarsChelios on
    oh, fiddlesticks. anyone you can confirm mine didn't make it?

oh, fiddlesticks. anyone you can confirm mine didn't make it?

Your kit was returned.

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    If you HAPPEN to know whether or not mine was in the returned batch, will you let me know? I keep checking the mail but it'll be nice to know for sure if I should be worried if it doesn't get here by Wednesday.

• ArmyKnifeArmyKnife Registered User regular
    Was my pair of kits in the returned batch? And if so how are refunds for shipping and handling going to be covered?

edited March 2012
    If you HAPPEN to know whether or not mine was in the returned batch, will you let me know? I keep checking the mail but it'll be nice to know for sure if I should be worried if it doesn't get here by Wednesday.

Ruby, your kit was returned.

ArmyKnife wrote: »
    Was my pair of kits in the returned batch? And if so how are refunds for shipping and handling going to be covered?

Army Knife I'm assuming your kit was returned, without knowing your name or order number I can't say for sure. For any other inquiries please assume your kits were returned and you'll need to pick it up. Refunds will happen through Google checkout since that's where the order was placed. Note that we do charge a one-time fee of $2 for orders picked-up at the show so if your shipping cost was over that you'll receive a refund of the difference, if it was under then no refund will be given. Refunds will happen after the convention.

MarsChelios on
  • LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    I was wondering why my wife and mine never got here. Wont be in town pre pax though.

Luptonium wrote: »
    I was wondering why my wife and mine never got here. Wont be in town pre pax though.

No problem! You should have received an email last night with contact details and info on how to get in touch with me during the show. If you didn't get an email PM me and I'll send it to you.

so when i roll into town thursday afternoon, best to call the google voice number? who do i ask for/leave a message for?

edited April 2012
    so when i roll into town thursday afternoon, best to call the google voice number? who do i ask for/leave a message for?

Yes. Just say you need to pick up your kit and where you are near the Westin. We also have people helping us distribute duing Pre-PAX events so if your going to be any of those shoot me an email or PM to let me know where and I'll pass your kit along to someone distributing there.

Right now I have people helping distribute in the following areas:
    • Pokecrawl Teams Yellow & Blue
    • Pre-PAX Gaming night at the Westin

I'd like to find some people to distribute for the other Pokecrawl Teams and also at the Pre-PAX Dinner if possible. If anyone would like to do that or distribute for another event please let me know.

MarsChelios on
    is there anyway my stuff can be dropped off and front desked at the hotel i'll be staying at?

is there anyway my stuff can be dropped off and front desked at the hotel i'll be staying at?

PM me your hotel and I'll let you know.

• LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    I have a grand total of 4 kits distributed between two orders (3 and 1). I'll be at the boardgame event in the Westin, so I can pick up my kits there, correct?

Yes indeed! I will be there myself distributing kits and playing games. If you don't run into me just text the google number and I'll find you.

• LordGimmikLordGimmik Registered User regular
    Yes indeed! I will be there myself distributing kits and playing games. If you don't run into me just text the google number and I'll find you.

You should have a comically large sign on your chair. Something like "I'm a secret Assassin. Want to be one too?" lol

LordGimmik wrote: »

You should have a comically large sign on your chair. Something like "I'm a secret Assassin. Want to be one too?" lol

Not sure about comically large, but the sign idea is a good one, seriously considering that. Would make it so much easier for people to find me! :)

any word on my request, mars?

• LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    I'm really excited to see what costumes you guys end up wearing and I should just trick folks and tell them they've been assassinated when they really haven't.... haha

Just wanted to throw this info up here for anyone who didn't see the email sent out.

Pickup Thursday and at Pre-PAX Events
    As before if you're staying at the Westin and have time to pick up your kit Thursday let us know with the contact information provided below.  We're getting some assistance from people during pre-PAX events to get you your kit.

If you're participating in one of the events below let me know and if we have someone helping distribute kits there we'll pass yours along to them. If you've already told me what event you'll be at you're all set.

Pre-PAX Dinner
    Pre-PAX Bar Crawl (Pokecrawl)
    Pre-PAX Gaming Night @ Westin Waterfront Hotel

Central Kit Pickup at PAX
    If you are not able to pick up your kit Thursday we have worked out a centralized place inside the convention center where you can go to pick up your kit. Go to the PC Security desk, located inside the PC room next to BYOC, tell them you're there to pick up an assassins kit and give them your name and they will give you your kit.

If for some reason they do not have your kit please contact me and I will provide you with a replacement.  PM me for contact details.

If you run into Vapok tell him thanks for helping us out.

• TheReal256TheReal256 Registered User new member
    Anyone score a kill yet?

• EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Several have been made. I lucked out and scored a generic kill almost immediately.

• LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    I havent found anyone but my wife to kill and im not killing my wife yet.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    I'm still alive

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Luptonium wrote: »
    I havent found anyone but my wife to kill and im not killing my wife yet.

Yet....

I died a most unglorious and yet awesome death. I bow to @RichSoCash, for taking down a sparkly pony in her prime. er. Her east?

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    @chaosisorder .Someone beat me to it?! :) it would have been ungracious of me to kill you after you fed me oreos

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    I killed the nice enforcer who told me where to find the badges.

Yeah I've seen a number of kills made, one friend killed someone and was immediately killed after that.

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to find many targets, also feel like a creep scanning everybody's elbows with my eyeballs

Ive seen a number of targets I killed of someone who had me as their perfect kill (didnt realize till i walked off) then 5mins later claimed a perfect kill. Im still running around and I got a neat present for whoever kills me.

• TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    The only person I've seen was at the pc freeplay. Where is everyone?!

8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    I was a moron and played one of those kinect games and my badge made me a clear shot but the guy who got me is the best and at least gave me PA trading card. cheers guys

• Carmen SDCarmen SD Queen of the Poultry Minion ConnecticutRegistered User new member
    Someone is very lucky! My prey just escaped me in a crowd. Curses.

rosaparx wrote: »
    I was a moron and played one of those kinect games and my badge made me a clear shot but the guy who got me is the best and at least gave me PA trading card. cheers guys

Im the one that got you :-) i was your perfect but didnt realize till after i left.

• sassfactor4sassfactor4 Brooklyn, NYRegistered User regular
    I've seen 8 badges, none of which are my targets heh.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I managed a specific kill waiting on line for the Fitocracy panel, but never saw my next target (or that many other badges, to be honest). Had 2 friends not playing who had their eyes out too.. Oh well, it was fun, and I certainly made a poor assassin towards the end, what with my up on Rock Band stages singing in front of people ;)

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    I have one kill still outstanding; he picked up a kit on Friday while I was standing there, so I gave him until Saturday night so he could enjoy the game (we are acquaintances.) When I showed up, he'd left the kit at his hotel and wasn't wearing it since he was working the Astro booth and wasn't allowed to. I am upset, as I saw no one else I could even make a generic kill on and I have a feeling he left his kit at the hotel knowing I'd be coming for him. Poor form.

Are the leaderboards screwed up for anyone else? I am confused as to how one can get 540 points with no assassinations or gathered intel.

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Yeah, leaderboards have been weird -I had a specific kill, and only got 100 points for it, should have been 250. Other people's points seem a little wacky too.