As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

This is the old Good Old Games thread. Fine the new Good Old Games thread. [GOG.com]

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Myst still seems to have allot of appeal. The first two are on the top sellers list. Weird.

They're great games.

Yeah, Spycraft is pretty awesome, and has some actually decent FMV, for the most part.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    Myst still seems to have allot of appeal. The first two are on the top sellers list. Weird.

They're great games.

Yeah, Spycraft is pretty awesome, and has some actually decent FMV, for the most part.

Was Spycraft that game with the disturbing sequence where you tortured a woman in an electric chair?

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Lord_Snot wrote: »

They're great games.

Was Spycraft that game with the disturbing sequence where you tortured a woman in an electric chair?

Yeah, basically. Though you didn't have to do that if you were able to fool her by photoshopping a photo.

I also remember it had a pretty graphic scene of an assassination.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular
    Arcanum is one of those games I recommend using the save editor on. The setting and story are awesome enough (imo) to be worth cheating your way through the combat. It's definitely up there as one of my favorite game worlds.

Duly noted! The combat always puzzled me; turn-based was far too slow, and real-time was ludicrously fast. Save editor it is!

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    On the subject of espionage games that need to come to GOG. Floor 13.
    That game looks great. Smearing, stealing and assassinating on the orders of HM The Queen? Yes please.

Lord_Snot on
    So you bastards got me to reinstall Arcanum again. God, I love this game. Currently tooling around Tarant.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So you bastards got me to reinstall Arcanum again. God, I love this game. Currently tooling around Tarant.

I love the different kinds of characters you can create.

Crap I think I'm going to reinstall it too.

I don't think I've ever played with any mods. Are any of them worth it?

Steam: offday
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Arcanum bought.

I thought I already owned it, but it turns out I just own every other RPG on GOG.

edited April 2012
    anoffday wrote: »

I love the different kinds of characters you can create.

Crap I think I'm going to reinstall it too.

I don't think I've ever played with any mods. Are any of them worth it?

I've messed around with them in the past, but I don't remember any that seemed must have. I usually just go with the unofficial patch, hq town maps, hq music, and widescreen mod. You can find them here.

Sir Carcass on
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Anything I should know about GOG's version of Anachronox before I get it? Is it "complete", or will I have to track down fan patches for bugfixes/cut content?

steam_sig.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    GOG version is as complete as it gets. There wasn't really a lot of mods or anything for the game in the first place. Pretty much just the unoffical patches by the developers (which GOG includes) and not much else.

• MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Re: arcanum.

I assume it is not included in GOG
    ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE MUST HAVE Drog Blacktooth's unofficial Arcanum patch.
    It fixes THOUSANDS OF GAJILLIONS of bugs. DO IT!

http://terra-arcanum.com/drog/dest/uap.html

Mayday on
    Yeah there's a link in the GOG forums that's stickied with a few essential mods, and that's one.

Corpekata wrote: »
    Yeah there's a link in the GOG forums that's stickied with a few essential mods, and that's one.
    I've messed around with them in the past, but I don't remember any that seemed must have. I usually just go with the unofficial patch, hq town maps, hq music, and widescreen mod. You can find them here.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Oh shit, Sir Carcass out of fucking nowhere comes with the old posts

JtgVX0H.png
    Standard practice really for me after buying a game to check out whatever the superfans have compiled that seems useful/interesting.

• ArthArth Registered User regular
    Damnit, I was totally going to pick Arcanum up when I had money last week. Thank god I have more money this week. Though I really should play some Planescape and Realms of Arkania. I haven't even -tried- Realms of Arkania since I bought it. Or Temple of Elemental Evil. Or I could play more of The Guild, which I find oddly fun. Or MAX1 or 2. Or Panzer General 2. Or Master of Magic or... goddamn I curse this forum for introducing me to GoG. Also, I'm going to pick up a prepaid credit card while my pulled pork cooks so I can buy some games.

Artheleron.png

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg?1321408042

But... it was only 3 posts up. I know that wall of text was hard to read and all, but come on.

edited April 2012
    J/k man, I read Bullio asking about Anachronox and for some reason thought we're still talking about Arcanum (seriously, I'm getting either blind, retarded or both). So I inferred from his post that the UAP hasn't been mentioned yet.

redding is teh hard

Mayday on
  • ArthArth Registered User regular
    Well, I realized I didn't have any delicious potato chips to go with my pulled pork sandwiches. Now I own Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, Starflight 1 and 2, and Arcanum. Woohoo! It's going to be a fun evening. Hm... what to play first though. Goddamnit. :(

Artheleron.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Stupid awesome game sales. Saw the thread title and thought "gee, I've only bought a billion super-cheap awesome games lately and have no willpower, so I'd better obey the thread title and go buy Arcanum".

Except it turns out I already bought Arcanum last week. Now I have that, Freespace 2, and Planescape: Torment all just waiting there for me to finish any of them. Crap.

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    What should I install from the Mega Jagged Alliance 2 patch if I want better but not different.

edited April 2012
    Also- I've somehow never played any JA game. Is the first part and its expansion worth it or should I skip straight to 2?
    I'd be in it mostly for the gameplay, not the story or whatever.

Mayday on
    Mayday wrote: »
    Also- I've somehow never played any JA game. Is the first part and it's expansion worth it or should I skip straight to 2?
    I'd be in it mostly for the gameplay, not the story or whatever.

I would skip 1, then. It's fun, but 2 is way better. I'd only recommend 1 if you want to get to know some of the characters.

Thanks!

• GSMGSM Registered User regular
    Oh man, finally. I have been waiting for GOG to get some Microsoft titles for ages...

1erTf.jpg

We'll get back there someday.
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    The real april fools joke is that activision really had a sale :P

steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Encarta

the encyclopedia that killed encyclopedias.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Seriously though, I remember spending hours playing that "game" in encarta

steam_sig.png
    Pierce Hawthorne just made an account.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Me too! I love trivia games.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax2K0Mqar3A
    Around the 3 minute marker.

• The_TuninatorThe_Tuninator Registered User regular

Encarta it!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Couscous wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax2K0Mqar3A
    Around the 3 minute marker.

Oh wow. I remember that. It came with our first PC when I was in elementary school. As lame is it looks now, that was pretty cool back then.

That and Math Blaster.

Also, I don't know if it was music central 96, or if that's even a real game, but I also remember a game around that time that you could make music with and I think the instruments had faces. I'm thinking it was a maxis game for some reason, but I could be wrong.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

He's trying to stay streets ahead.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DramDram Old Salt Registered User regular

Why on earth would you ever uninstall it!?

Dram wrote: »

Why on earth would you ever uninstall it!?

That's a valid point.

• harvestharvest By birthright, a stupendous badass.Registered User regular
    Guys is anyone else having mouse problems in Arcanum? I can't even properly create a character because when I try to make precise mouse movements the cursor doesn't even move at all. If I move the mouse quickly to get across the screen it seems to work normally, but for small slow movements it's totally unusable.

B6yM5w2.gif
    harvest wrote: »
    Guys is anyone else having mouse problems in Arcanum? I can't even properly create a character because when I try to make precise mouse movements the cursor doesn't even move at all. If I move the mouse quickly to get across the screen it seems to work normally, but for small slow movements it's totally unusable.

No, my mouse works like expected for me.