As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] PAX East 2012 Costumes

• Options
    PixelKittyPixelKitty Registered User regular
    If anyone is planning to cosplay from an Epic Games game - check out our Cosplay Meetup: https://www.facebook.com/events/142052045921373/

I'll be there wearing my Anya Stroud costume! :3 Can't wait to meet everyone!

• Options
    girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    AmandaGCG wrote: »
    tumblr_m1mqb4JX6s1r158nro1_500.jpg

Got some more progress!!!! Eek only a week away, so excited. I need hair extensions though. My recent hair trim made my hair too thin in the front to do the wraps Princess Zelda has.

Looks awesome!

girlgamer88 on
    8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • Options
    TurnedtoGoldTurnedtoGold PittsburghRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    CCC1Zl.jpg?1

Here's a sneak peak of the back detail on my cosplay. The front isn't totally done yet, and buttons still need to be sewn on. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have any guns, but it should work out regardless.

TurnedtoGold on
  • Options
    xenoglossyxenoglossy Registered User regular
    Being both extremely busy and extremely broke, I'm just going to be reusing two older costumes, Naoto from Persona 4 and Spades Slick from Homestuck (yes, I like things with large and obnoxious fandoms, I'm sorry). I haven't decided which I'm wearing on which day yet, although I'm pretty definitely not going to be wearing a costume on Sunday--usually by that point I'm more or less a zombie and no longer able to cope with fancy clothes and makeup and wigs.

Anyone thinking of doing a cosplay meetup for either of those things? I'd love to get in on it if so.

• Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    I should be going or try to go as terry bogard a lil mix of fatal fury and garou mark of the wolves. I have the fatal fury cap, gloves, brown leather jacket, white wig was supposed to be yellow. Import fatal fury special neogeo cart to weat around my neck and some snk pins and t-shirts. Saturday I will be akuma either a slight varation on him or corporate akuma in a nice suit.

• Options
    vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    CCC1Zl.jpg?1

Here's a sneak peak of the back detail on my cosplay. The front isn't totally done yet, and buttons still need to be sewn on. Unfortunately, it looks like I won't have any guns, but it should work out regardless.

JEANNE!

I'm a lousy person and still need to finish Bayonetta, but I'm a big fan.

I love how you did the cuffs and collar!

I hope to run into you for a pic!

• Options
    PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    6868788388_3a6503d8a5_m.jpg

This was taken last weekend at the Lexington Comic and Toy Con.

I am the pink ranger obviously. I will be wearing this on Saturday. If you would like a picture, or just want to talk, you can follow me on twitter because I will be tweeting my location. @ pink_4ssass1n (twitter name)

PinkRanger on
    Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Almost done with costume, getting down to the wire.
    ibiBzvzHfuMy2a.png

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    MrDapper wrote: »

Dude, that image is huge. I had to copy and paste the link to the image in a new tab cause I couldn't see it.

Cosplayer and a gamer.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    PinkRanger wrote: »

Dude, that image is huge. I had to copy and paste the link to the image in a new tab cause I couldn't see it.

Oops sorry about that, looked fine on my computer, should be fixed now.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    ibiBzvzHfuMy2a.png

Looks sharp

• Options
    usagifaerie cosplaysusagifaerie cosplays CTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I've never been to PAX before. I usually haunt Anime Conventions. Is there any costume contests at PAX?

Wanted to also ask. I was supposed to be Triana Venture on Friday, but my 21 & 24 friends dropped out. So now I have no planned cosplay for Friday. The only non-anime cosplay I have up and running is Xena Warrior Princess. Would Xena be appreciated at PAX or because it’s not a game character would people be like WTF?

Thoughts....

usagifaerie cosplays on
  • Options
    There were plenty of non video game characters at Prime. I don't think it will be a problem.

Cosplayer and a gamer.

• Options
    ^ Oh good! I should probably make sure she still fits though....

• Options
    Xena sounds pretty cool. I am dressing in my Star Trek: TOS uniform on Saturday which while technicially is in STO isn't considered a game costume. Costumers/Cosplayers are a pretty tolerant group. Heck I saw a guy dress in a Star Trek TNG costume at Star Wars Celebration V.

• Options
    ShiosShios Poopfeast420 Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Not cosplaying but I'll be taking a load of pictures. Look for the dude with the huge tupperware-like diffuser on his flash. Won't be hard to miss. If I take your picture, just PM me after the show. I'll keep a link to my flickr in my signature as well.

• Options
    Well if Trekies and Fanboys can get along then Xena should be no problem. I just tried her on though and i need to take her in a bit. I won't have my chakrum also since its being professionally made.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    PAX is a large enough consortium of nerds all ages that I don't think anyone cares what you cosplay as (within reason).

Otherwise people wouldn't keep getting psyched to see Ghost Busters cosplay all the time.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    Well if Trekies and Fanboys can get along then Xena should be no problem. I just tried her on though and i need to take her in a bit. I won't have my chakrum also since its being professionally made.

• Options
    theauthormtheauthorm Registered User regular
    Tron Legacy themed costumes from Legend of Zelda. Link and a Gerudo. Pics coming soon. Anyone else doing mashup stuff?

• Options
    DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    Me and my friend originally were supposed to go as kirk and a sith lord walking side by side. I couldn't get a tribble or a nice authentic looking TOS article of clothing in time. I wanted to work some James T. Kirk magic on the green woman attending.

• Options
    Does anyone know if there are any photographers going so i can schedule a photoshoot ?

• Options
    OnmitsuOnmitsu I'm just a birdie Ca-caw, ca-caw!Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Promised some people quite some time ago that I'd post the progress on my Protoman outfit. Gradschool has left me with less time than I'd care for, but It's on route to being finished on time, so expect the finished version at PAX.
    Progress.png

EDIT, apparently the hotlink isn't working, so here's the normal link: http://s14.postimage.org/x40vpk9tr/Progress.png

Onmitsu on
    Man, even Dora the Explorer thinks you're slow.
  • Options
    KingPadsKingPads Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Finally finished fixing my Dragon Age armor. Last year I went to Anime Boston instead of PAX due to a work schedule. This is what I wore then, and what I will be wearing Friday.
    544628_544859062451_154001138_30761392_1884673131_n.jpg

I'm still working on my Skyrim armor, hopefully it will be done in time.

KingPads on
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2012
    Onmitsu wrote: »
    Promised some people quite some time ago that I'd post the progress on my Protoman outfit. Gradschool has left me with less time than I'd care for, but It's on route to being finished on time, so expect the finished version at PAX.
    Progress.png

broken hotlink... just going to the image link works though.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    KingPads wrote: »
    Finally finished fixing my Dragon Age armor. Last year I went to Anime Boston instead of PAX due to a work schedule. This is what I wore then, and what I will be wearing Friday.
    544628_544859062451_154001138_30761392_1884673131_n.jpg

I'm still working on my Skyrim armor, hopefully it will be done in time.

Nice work!

• Options
    EnaylaEnayla Wing Addict New YorkRegistered User regular
    I'm so excited, everyone's costumes look amazing! I'll be bringing my SSBB Peach and Guild Wars 2 Shining Blade.
    2562865.jpg
    gw2pax2.png

Facebook: Enayla Cosplay | Steam: Elliria | DeviantArt: Elliria | Twitter: EnaylaCosplay
  • Options
    ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Enayla wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 Shining Blade.
    That looks epic! Can't wait to see the finished product

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • Options
    VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Finally stopped procrastinating and made my Pokemon trainer text boxes.
    Trainertext-1.jpg

The top one will be hanging from my front and the bottom one will be readable from behind me. Pretty happy with how it turned out, other than the accursed e's.

Volaro on
  • Options
    B-SideB-Side Registered User new member
    I'll be there on Saturday as the Eleventh Doctor.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    tumblr_m1rus5OoWv1qe6ohbo2_500.jpg

hey guys remember me

Sadly, the gun and gauntlets and armor didn't work out. But I think overall... it looks pretty good!

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options

hey guys remember me

Sadly, the gun and gauntlets and armor didn't work out. But I think overall... it looks pretty good!

Hey, if we meet, you know it'll be a battle between the Sons of Fate. I just hope we don't destroy a large hunk of the con in the process.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Onmitsu wrote: »

hey guys remember me

Hey, if we meet, you know it'll be a battle between the Sons of Fate. I just hope we don't destroy a large hunk of the con in the process.

I can't see us NOT meeting, since I have the feeling us Protomen fans are going to form a gigantic knot of slightly rabid awesome at the front of the concert line on Friday ;)

And eh, if anything gets destroyed, it'll be because of the POWER OF ROCK. So, a win. for everyone.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'll be dressed as Lenne from FFX-2, my first time PAX and also first time cosplaying O.O, come say hi if you'd like!
    lenne.jpg

Bonnies on
  • Options
    m155g33km155g33k Registered User new member
    MISTY! :D Ive been watching every episode from the first season (only on season 3 now) just so I can get into character XD haha Ive done everything I can to get as close to her costume. Hair peice, backpack, shoes... everything except for hair. I just can not cut it :( But Itll still look good ^_^
    zFHCJh.jpg
    ThWzKh.jpg

My hair will be straight for pax though :P

• Options
    VolaroVolaro The Iron Gentleman Registered User regular
    Bonnies wrote: »
    I'll be dressed as Lenne from FFX-2, my first time PAX and also first time cosplaying O.O, come say hi if you'd like!
    lenne.jpg

That looks fantastic for your first time! And welcome to the insanity.

• Options
    MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    First of all, you all look lovely! Can't wait to hunt you down for photos ^_^

But secondly and most importantly: have we decided on a cosplayers meet up for Friday? We discussed it earlier in this thread, but I think we need a definite time and place now that we have both a map and a schedule. We don't have to do anything extreme or special, but I think its important we all get together on the first day for photos and such!

I think we discussed meeting on Friday around 12:30-1PM? Does that conflict with any major panel or event that people will be going to? It won't be more then half an hour. And what do you all think about meeting right near the main entrance lobby area?

Give me your feedback so we can set it in stone! Once we have it all figured out I can make a FB group so I can send everyone updates

So....freakin....EXCITED!!! :D

Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
  • Options
    KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @MissMoogle
    My friends and I are doing the Sam Adams distillery sometime around 1pm-ish. So I can do a 12:30 meetup.

Also, I finally finished all my cosplays. Here are some pics:

Normandy Crew Uniform, Mass Effect1 - Wearing on Firday.
    522274_3713616202424_1336249895_3533055_148791259_n.jpg

Spartan Fatigues/Flight suit, Halo Universe - Wearing on Saturday
    428246_3264150566064_1336249895_3343680_852999658_n.jpg

Alliance Khaki Uniform, Mass Effect2/3 - Wearing on Sunday
    385252_2666192977498_1336249895_3086083_268331215_n.jpg

edit: The "show" button isn't working for me. Can anyone else see the pics?
    nvr mind. got it.

KellyShepard087 on
    - Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • Options
    BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    wow you guys look amazing....! Yea I want to meet! 12:30 is fine also.

• Options
    12:30 lobby seems fine, which is just after the first Q n A. I'm down.