As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EVE] - A Game of Megathrons

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Psh, turning off effects is for people too poor to buy real computers.

JtgVX0H.png
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Darmak speaks truth. It was pretty amazing when I went from barely being able to run EVE to being able to have pretties during fleet fights. Then something like 2 days later, we forget to pay our bills and lose Delve.
    goodfights4.jpg

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    well I haven't been paying great attention to this atrocity, but I will be coming back to eve at least for a short time to help burn jita to the ground. I mean if you can't take a shit in the sandbox castle, whats the point of playing in the sandbox?

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    So, I'm farting around with an Amarr alt a little bit before I fully commit to my Caldari. What I'm wondering is, what are the functional differences between the two once you get a little further along than Standard Frigates? I'm undecided between a full-on combat vessel and something smaller and sneakier, like a Covert Ops ship. I'm not entirely sure if race even enters into a choice like that, actually. It seems like every Caldari ship has an Amarr equivalent, or vice versa, but that's a face-value assessment. Is it that varied, or is it just a matter of what I want my ship to look like/whether I want missiles or lasers?

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The only effect race has is which frigate you have about 30 minutes training time on to start and what location you start in.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    The only effect race has is which frigate you have about 30 minutes training time on to start and what location you start in.

Also your role playing backstory. Which is really the most important part.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Any news on the new Drone Damage Mods and Salvage Drones? That's going to shake up how I rat quite a bit (for one, an Ishtar will become absolutely disgusting), so rather interested.

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular

Also your role playing backstory. Which is really the most important part.

touche, salesman.

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
    So someone give me a quick recap of the BPO system.

I have a Rifter BPO. It is ME and PL 0.

It is currently grinding up to ME15 (which will take just about 3 weeks). This will make it cost less in minerals to make, and ~15 is a good goal for most things.

I then want to grin PE, because... that will make it take less time to make? What's the proper PE to get it to?

I have the following Industry Skills right now:

Industry 3
    Mass Production 1
    Production Efficiency 3
    Refining 2

My theory was that since I finally got my ORE Indy up to a point where the Noctis can jewclaw out to like 55km, I should probably be breaking down the random stuff I would have normally just left in the belts for minerals instead of just letting them rot. And If I'm doing that, it makes more monetary sense to turn it into ships for the swarm.

• BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Killed this guy without a point.

That's enough pvp for me for a year or so.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Just Some DudeJust Some Dude Registered User regular

THESPOOKY wrote: »

I'm pretty sure I figured out what you were wanting and took care of it.

Cog in the machine Cog Herder
  • THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Yup, all sorted. Thanks! :)

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • StorkStork Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    Killed this guy without a point.

That's enough pvp for me for a year or so.
    Using a sabre is hardly 'without a point'. Just sayin.

Son, I had to time my bubbles to drop every five seconds as he reached the end of my last bubble so that he could not escape.

That is elite pvp, right there.

KiTA wrote: »
    Any news on the new Drone Damage Mods and Salvage Drones? That's going to shake up how I rat quite a bit (for one, an Ishtar will become absolutely disgusting), so rather interested.

Found some info:
    http://pastebin.com/vVJbpKWK

[+] Extrinsic Damage Amplifier II
    [+|n] droneDamageBonusOnline
    [+|n] loPower
    [+|n] online
    [+] capacity: 0
    [+] cpu: 40.0
    [+] droneDamageBonus: 10.0
    [+] hp: 40.0
    [+] mass: 1.0
    [+] metaLevel: 5.0
    [+] power: 1.0
    [+] requiredSkill1: 3318.0
    [+] requiredSkill1Level: 4.0
    [+] requiredSkill2: 3436.0
    [+] requiredSkill2Level: 4.0
    [+] techLevel: 2.0
    [+] volume: 5.0

[+] Extrinsic Damage Amplifier I
    [+|n] droneDamageBonusOnline
    [+|n] loPower
    [+|n] online
    [+] capacity: 0
    [+] cpu: 35.0
    [+] droneDamageBonus: 7.0
    [+] hp: 40.0
    [+] mass: 1.0
    [+] metaLevel: 0
    [+] power: 1.0
    [+] requiredSkill1: 3318.0
    [+] requiredSkill1Level: 1.0
    [+] requiredSkill2: 3436.0
    [+] requiredSkill2Level: 1.0
    [+] techLevel: 1.0
    [+] volume: 5.0

Short hand: Weapon Upgrades and Drones to use, 1 for T1, 4 for T4. 7% damage bonus for T1, 10% for T2. 35 / 40 CPU, 1/1 power. That actually seems a bit weak (not sure how standard damage mods work, but that's ~~53 DPS for me), but we'll see how it goes. No word on the Salvage Drones as of yet.

edited April 2012
    http://pastebin.com/EPb0svqG

Salvaging will get you Minerals in Inferno?

Edit: This is apparently fake.

KiTA on
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Those mods are less than half as effective as turret and missile mods, but considering how much more flexible drones are than their turret counterparts (due to being able to swap them out) plus all droneboats having some other form of offensive weaponry/ewar that's pretty much to be expected. I'm curious if those mods will work on carriers/supercarriers.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • SpacseaSpacsea AtlantaRegistered User regular
    olol i like eve and webcomix.

Actually I dislike most web comics, alas I lost my PA account info (not that it was impressive to begin with) so to recruitment I look like a spy.

I would like to join ya'lls league of extraordinary space gentlemen.

Also I am a spy.

• SelectaSelecta Registered User regular
    Spacsea wrote: »
    olol i like eve and webcomix.

Actually I dislike most web comics, alas I lost my PA account info (not that it was impressive to begin with) so to recruitment I look like a spy.

I would like to join ya'lls league of extraordinary space gentlemen.

Also I am a spy.

Looks legit.

MNWGRdm.png
    PSN: Hellcore- Steam MWO: Hellcore

Not fake? Apparently no more T1 drops in game, these items are what will replace the T1 drops. Anything you can build via the blueprint system now drops random scrap metal instead of the items.

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular

Not fake? Apparently no more T1 drops in game, these items are what will replace the T1 drops. Anything you can build via the blueprint system now drops random scrap metal instead of the items.

I may take up ratting again, this is kind of awesome.

• FiskebentFiskebent DenmarkRegistered User regular
    It sounds like a nerf to ratting to me. You'll get metal scraps instead of meta 0 items. So I don't understand why this change would make you want to take up ratting again. What am I missing?

steam_sig.png
  • chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    It's a buff to manufacturing, that's for sure. And potentially a nerf to mining, which I'm fine with because fuck mining.

steam_sig.png
    It's just going to mean people will move from Meta 0 to Meta 1-4s. Which people already do.

What I'd like to see is crits on manufacturing allowing Meta 1-4s to be created instead of Meta 0s, but this would screw up T2 production. Maybe they could retrofit so anything Meta 0-4 would work for T2 production?

• V1mV1m Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    It's a buff to manufacturing, that's for sure. And potentially a nerf to mining, which I'm fine with because fuck mining.

How is it a nerf to mining? The main use of meta 0 loot drops was reprocessing into minerals.

V1m wrote: »
    chrisnl wrote: »

How is it a nerf to mining? The main use of meta 0 loot drops was reprocessing into minerals.

Well it lets people do something mildly more interesting than mining (but not by a lot) to get the minerals directly, instead of having to train up reprocessing skills or getting somebody to reprocess the modules for you or mining by yourself. I think also that the minerals refined out of a module take up less space in your hold than the modules would, so it becomes easier to get the minerals from ratting than it was previously. This might cause mineral prices to come down a bit, which in turn makes mining less profitable. So it's potentially, in a very convoluted sense, a minor nerf to mining?

But yeah that's a lot of justification for my previous statement, so really it probably changes nothing for the legions of botting miners. Which is a shame, because that needs to stop.

steam_sig.png
    I do not follow your logic in the least.

I do not follow your logic in the least.

It's not really logic per se, it's a belated attempt to justify a statement that I didn't really think all the way through. The closest I get to having any logic at all is that it may become easier to get minerals from ratting, which might increase the volume of minerals being sold, which might end up lowering the price of said minerals. It ... probably isn't going to work like that, though, because it's still less effort for people to bot-mine than it is to go out and rat, or they will just start bot-ratting if that becomes a better way to get minerals. So ... I was wrong in that statement, basically.

steam_sig.png
    Basically it's good times to be a miner, in 0.0 at least.

• ComahawkComahawk Registered User regular
    Fiskebent wrote: »
    It sounds like a nerf to ratting to me. You'll get metal scraps instead of meta 0 items. So I don't understand why this change would make you want to take up ratting again. What am I missing?

I guess you can refine the modules too, but it seems like this will result in your hold filling with a bunch of useless crap with virtually no value. With hope, these scraps will be of smaller volume, or at least produce a range of minerals, which can then be turned into ships, which can then be used to shoot shit with.

Basically, it is changing ratting slightly to make it different which will mean interesting for a little bit.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    Basically it's good times to be a botter, in 0.0 at least.

JtgVX0H.png
  • JohanFlickJohanFlick Registered User regular
    Mhh, Hulkageddon starting just after Burn Jita. Goons sponsor extra prizes. This is going to be a good April/May in EVE.
    Unless you are a CCP GM, who has to deal with stupid players petition. I predict 42% increase in tickets open.

Need to stock up on brutixes ahead of time.

It's all about Catalysts and Tornados now

Tough to solo an untanked hulk in a catalyst.

Thorax could do it.

• intelnaviintelnavi Registered User regular
    Tough to solo an untanked hulk in a catalyst.

Thorax could do it.

Actually it's pretty easy since the buff.

You need a really good warpin.

I have done it myself, but the falloff with Void is pretty brutal.

• spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    So I'm just getting back into the swing of this, trying to dust the cobwebs off whatever minuscule knowledge of this game I previously had. I really want to dedicate more time to space adventuring than I did previously (which was slim to none). I'm guessing there's a lot more info for me available in the Merch forum, however, at the moment I can't see anything inside it. Who can I point my begging towards to have that status restored?

• Boxcutter3005Boxcutter3005 Registered User regular
    I'm on my way back into EVE, gonna re-apply to Merchi tonight. except I dont remember where I parked and I'm pretty sure I don't know the way back home, is Merchi still living in Deklein?

This discussion has been closed.