As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

May the odds be ever in your favour! [Hunger Games Movie]

1789101113»

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Wolverine when hunched over (his normal posture) is just as tall as Arthur from ghouls and goblins.

Just thought I'd let you know

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • JelloJelloJelloJello Registered User regular
    I don't care about the heights of the actors or the characters. I just found it baffling that somebody could turn a "Hey, the character in the movie isn't quite the same as the character in the book" comment into a "Hey! Not all guys are tall!" bizarre, outraged response.

Clearly he was outraged

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Hugh Jackman is 6'2"
    Wolverine is 5'3"

just

saiyan

did you read about how back in 1990, James Cameron wanted to make an X-Men movie with Bob Hoskins as Wolverine

how amazing would that have been

Going back in time to correct this tragedy.

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    Liiya wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »
    Hugh Jackman is 6'2"
    Wolverine is 5'3"

just

saiyan

Huh! I never knew Wolverine was that short. The more you know!

I always forget just how short Wolverine is supposed to be.

Haha

Shorty.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    speaking of the hunger games, i just watched battle royale 2 because i am an idiot

guess what guys

don't watch battle royale 2

7656367.jpg
  • ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Battle royale 2 was so bad

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Clearly he was outraged

Clearly.

Or I just have not read the books and was legitimately curious.

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I don't get why people didn't like the shaky cam in the beginning. To me it gave the impression of someone watching her in firstperson instead of a steadycam.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I could swear I did a joke about this...

You already have thought of the invasion of privacy the map entails. It doesn't tell you what the people are doing, but you can pretty much guess. If the two feet are standing with their heels to the toilet, that person is probably taking a dump. There's even an Easter egg at the end of Prisoner of Azkaban where two students are clearly fucking in the corner:

3KsCS.gif

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    Finally saw it. Good flick. My god Stanley Tucci's teeth. Amazing. I think the avox tying should have been more explicit, but I liked the rest of the changes.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I don't get why people didn't like the shaky cam in the beginning. To me it gave the impression of someone watching her in firstperson instead of a steadycam.

Because shakycam is annoying and obscures action?

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Because shakycam is annoying and obscures action?

He said in the beginning

There is no action at the beginning

A lot of things use shakycam for non-action scenes nowaday so I've honestly gotten used to it

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    the only thing that bugged me about the camera work at the beginning was the extreme closeups

I don't mind handheld, but I don't want to see up somebody's nose

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    I wanna see up Jennifer Lawrence's nose

Finally finished the book.
    Yeah, Cato's part at the end in the movie was better.

also the dogs, ugh.

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    a lot of people give a shit about shaky cam
    a lot of people don't

it's just one of those things

• PonyPony Registered User regular
    there needs to laws against using quick cuts and shaky cam in god damn fight scenes

seriously

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I demand top notch choreography and steady cam when teenagers murder each other for my entertainment

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    I just want to know what is happening. That's it.

It doesn't have to be some kind of Children of Men style action sequence, I just want to know what the fuck is happening

The fight scenes in Hunger Games were terrible because it was so shaky and there were so many cuts that I could not tell what was happening. As far as I'm concerned they could have just shown a blank screen the entire time - it would have been the same for me.

sig2.jpg
  • AvrahamAvraham Registered User regular
    I didn't like the shakycam or extreme closeups but I was never lost

it makes sense for the direction to be disorienting when two people are choking each other and rolling over and over. it's not a martial arts movie.

:bz: :bz: :bzz:
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    I could swear I did a joke about this...

You already have thought of the invasion of privacy the map entails. It doesn't tell you what the people are doing, but you can pretty much guess. If the two feet are standing with their heels to the toilet, that person is probably taking a dump. There's even an Easter egg at the end of Prisoner of Azkaban where two students are clearly fucking in the corner:

3KsCS.gif

haaaaaaahahahahahahahaha

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I just saw this movie, and it was pretty good!

movie thoughts
    shaky cam during the beginning was a little much but I didn't really mind

the combat was really well done, and I think the brutality of the fighting would have been really hard to stomach without the shaky cam to soften it up I guess

I liked what they did with the sports casting framework to get around the lack of katniss' narration and internal thoughts

the casting was good, the costumes were good, the acting was good

also I'm half way through the third book, here are my thoughts on the first two and the third so far
    I feel like munkus was right about katniss being a kind of mary sue character. Not the usual "is perfect in every way" mary sue but the way katniss attains and wields her influence comes off as a kind of wish fulfillment

or maybe it just reads that way because I'm thinking about what munkus said what I read it

either way I'm liked the first two books a lot, and the third is pretty fun so far. Definately young adult fiction but I think it's on the high end in terms of quality

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    Sakura Cullen is forever branded into reality. We can't undo it. Existence is dread.

Fuck off and die.