As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WrestleMania XXVIII] So long from the sunshine state

19495969798100»

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I'm not bothered about who won. I'm bothered that it was a completely forgettable match. After a year of build up, that's it? If that's the effort he's going to put in, I hope The Rock never comes back.

The match was fine but it wasn't super memorable or anything which is a problem but they weren't promising some amazing technical match up anyway, just a dream match ala Hogan/Andre.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Bloody bullshit, very disappointed with the PPV

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    Really it's about the aftermath for me now. Bryan better get a rematch that's not 18 seconds long is a big one along with Cena of course.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    NO.

No Cena/Rock II.

Please God.

Or do at Summerslam.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I'd rather see 5 more Maria Menounos matches than one more Cena/Rock WM match with one-year build-up

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Does someone have a quick results, or like a webpage with them? Wwe.com seems to want me to read a book about it.

Also when does EB usually post pick em results?

• Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    NO.

No Cena/Rock II.

Please God.

Or do at Summerslam.

Yeah I don't want there to be a another Cena/Rock match as well. Rock/HHH is about the only Rock match I want to see and that's only if Hunter retires after it.

• Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    I wish the Rock had stayed away to be honest, I was much happier with my nostalgic memories of the great Rock of the past, now he's just another celebrity phoning it in for the paycheck. I will say, that Trips and Taker put on one hell of a spectacle

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    Oh yeah and thank you Lord that Shawn doesn't have a reason to face HHH now.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    Does someone have a quick results, or like a webpage with them? Wwe.com seems to want me to read a book about it.

Sheamus won the World title in 18 seconds
    Big Show won the IC belt
    Maria and Kelly won
    Taker won
    Team Johnny won
    Kane won
    Punk won
    Rock won

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Oh yeah and thank you Lord that Shawn doesn't have a reason to face HHH now.

Actually, he does still technically. Trips can call him out for not have his back against Taker and not ending the match after Hunter went to town on him with the chair. It's flimsy, but I could see them doing it.

I'm actually curious to see what Taker does next year.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bedlam wrote: »

Sheamus def. Daniel Bryan for World Heavyweight Title with Brogue Kick in 18 seconds

Kane def. Randy Orton with Chokeslam

Big Show def. Cody Rhodes for IC Title with Knockout punch

Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly def. Beth Phoenix and Eve with a rollup (Maria over Beth)

Undertaker def. Triple H with Tombstone

Team Johnny def. Team Teddy (Miz over Ryder with Skull Crushing Finale)

CM Punk submits Chris Jericho to retain WWE Championship with Anaconda Vise

The Rock def. John Cena with Rockbottom

Goose! on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Oh thanks! That looks good for me!

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    ApcKjy6CQAAANNy.jpg

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    Watching the replay and that second rope chokeslam still looked pretty sweet.

• Options
    Don't worry I got this.

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I thought the 18 second match was story related. If D-Bry is actually in a relationship with one of the Bellas, he can blame AJ for losing the match, hook up with said Bella instead, and continue his transformation to the Dark Side.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Don't worry I got this.

What did you hate that spot or something?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    So I ended up ordering this when my mom took pity on me for nobody wanting to watch it with me (plus the cat thing) and offered to pay for it so I said what the hell. I started off watching it with my parents, my grandma and my aunt. So...yeah. Anyway, onto spoilers territory!
    Sheamus/Bryan was what the fuck. after the pin everybody else in the room exclaimed and started laughing about it, I was eating pizza and just sat there for a good minute with my mouth wide open in mid chew. Then I posted angrily about it. That did legitimately piss me off.

Kane/Orton was short but fine. Nothing special but not particularly bad. Missed that pick. I did pretty badly overall.

Big Show/Cody was decent. By that point my brother was watching it, and everybody was horrified by the Big Show in a sumo thong. My grandma couldn't believe she was watching this, and she and my aunt left soon after to go grocery shopping and go home. I'm hoping Cody gets a main event push now while Show can do...something with the belt I guess.

Women's match. This wasn't very good. But whatever.

Taker/HHH was pretty good. I'm not even sure why they bothered with the cage because they barely even used it. Not saying they should have gone on top, but they could have justified its use a bit more. It was pretty good though, I kept waiting for a swerve but I'm glad they never pulled one. Something might happen on RAW to set something up but I liked the ending to this a lot. This was the last match I picked correctly.

Tag match was eh. Picked that horribly wrong. I really liked the three man flip over the top to the outside, and Dolph sold awesomely as usual. Ryder is such a geek at this point.

Punk/Jericho was pretty good. My mom was rooting for Punk because she didn't like the mean things that Jericho said to him. I thought they should have done a bit more with that DQ stip that was added but they dropped it pretty quickly after the beginning. The last pinning/submission sequence was pretty awesome. Not as good as I was hoping it could be, but it was still good enough.

The Cena/Rock match was exactly what I thought it was going to be like, and I was happy with that. Those shit rap entrances at the beginning were so bad though. I really despise that Florida song. What a douchebag. My brother and dad kept calling Machine Gun Man Little Kevin which I found to be quite amusing. I liked the match, although it was great, it was put together well, unless you really hate it when people kick out of finishers. I did think Cena was going to win, so I was glad when the Rock won. Fuck Cena. I hope they push him off to the side now and don't have him winning any championships for a good, long while.

• Options
    Don't worry I got this.

No, I was talkin 100 pages

• Options
    This show had a much better atmosphere than last years. While I'd argue that Mania 27 had better match quality the whole Cole/Lawler thing and main event drug it down. This year had much better crowd heat (for the most part) and better booking minus Sheamus/Bryan of course.

• Options
    Lord Of The PantsLord Of The Pants Registered User regular
    There were like 60,000 people there who paid money to see The Rock beat John Cena.
    Well, it's booking 101. If you have a full-time guy, and a guy who is only coming back for one match, then the full-time guy has to put over the other guy for the good of the business.

First off, WWE has not done this sometimes because it is "too predictable" so it's not like they're following booking 101 so you shouldn't be surprised by that. Secondly, this is based around the idea that you can't make money from someone who isn't there, where as Rock may be coming back later and would be worth more money beating Cena, up against Lesnar trying to get his revenge. You can make more money with The Rock intact, then with John Cena beating the Rock, if you want to look at it that way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Don't worry I got this.

No no no no no no no.

We can't go from indy mark to other guy with terrible opinions.

I'll take the next one. Theme: Nitro. Probably.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Rock winning was to appease the Attitude Era fans, nothing more. Not saying they'll start to watch again after this but I can sure as hell say they wouldn't watch again if Cena won.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Unrelated to Wrestlemania, but more entertaining than this shit:

ea2wdf.jpg

I love this picture so much.

• Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Don't worry I got this.

No no no no no no no.

We can't go from indy mark to other guy with terrible opinions.

I'll take the next one. Theme: Nitro. Probably.

as former thread making guy and possible future champion

go for it

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I wanted to make a Booker T thread

• Options
    Divas tag match wasn't good but with Maria's injuries it was to be expected. KK did do a pretty cool somersault Thesz press though so good for her.

• Options
    PolecatPolecat What does the polecat say? Registered User regular
    As A small time fan, who watches a few Raws a year and Wrestlemania, what I found to be jarring or disingenuous was: "its the end of an era..." attitude era goes over pg era in the main event... come on. Totally took the value out of hunter's/takers match

sigpic-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I am making fun of the Rock and posting a much better celebrity wrestler. Plus I called dibs.

Goose! on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As current thread creator I'd rather see Nirya go off to be WCW than Goose! go off to be AWA.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Only thing my thread needs is that music video of La Parka, but I think it got taken down or something. Anyone have a link to it saved?

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    but like, he called dibs, dude.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
  • Options
    As current thread creator I'd rather see Nirya go off to be WCW than Goose! go off to be AWA.

Only Teddy Long can solve this...

I'm sure he's not doing anything right now

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    technically the wrestling thread is a sports thread so goose is not allowed to make one

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    also

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    We need two other people feuding for Teddy to do anything about it.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    technically the wrestling thread is a sports thread so goose is not allowed to make one

good old Bogey

This discussion has been closed.