As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KOEI Warriors games

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Does WO3 have offline co-op?

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Yes

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    WadeWilson wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    For someone with as cool a weapon as he has, Yoshitsune Minamoto's moveset blows.
    He's not too bad if you give his weapon Blast.

I just unlocked Ryu. And when I saw one of his moves was the Izuna drop, I almost squealed. It's so much easier to pull off than in DoA. :p
    It's not that, it's that he has so much delay before some of his Charge attacks and his moves don't have good coverage.

Ryu's moveset is very, very slick.

I tried out Achilles for the first mission that has him in recommended. He's slow as hell but good lord does he hurt. His C5 absolutely murders if you can connect with it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    I guess I should have elaborated. I'm told that you swap between three characters during gameplay. If you play co-op with a friend, does that change?

Also, is there online co-op as well?

• Options
    DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Co-op forces both of you to use the same trio of characters, just with separate health and musou meters, you still do the swap between three thing.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • Options
    supermechakuposupermechakupo Registered User regular
    It is not like that in Warriors Orochi 3. Your partner can choose his own three characters now and the only downside is that they have to repick their characters after every map.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Really? That solves one of the big problems I had with the first game. I guess that's a bonus of the leap from PS2 to PS3.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    For someone with as cool a weapon as he has, Yoshitsune Minamoto's moveset blows.
    He's not too bad if you give his weapon Blast.

I just unlocked Ryu. And when I saw one of his moves was the Izuna drop, I almost squealed. It's so much easier to pull off than in DoA. :p
    It's not that, it's that he has so much delay before some of his Charge attacks and his moves don't have good coverage.

Ryu's moveset is very, very slick.

I tried out Achilles for the first mission that has him in recommended. He's slow as hell but good lord does he hurt. His C5 absolutely murders if you can connect with it.
    I can understand your point about Yoshitsune. That's how I feel about Kanbei Kuroda. The time between his regular attack and his charges mean I get knocked out of them ~80% of the time... Makes for an unfun character.

I keep looking for one of Ryu's swords to have the "Flak" ability, seeing that Ryu and the people that he's murdering spent most of their time in the air.

I'm excited to get to Achilles and Joan of Arc, I never played the Warriors of Troy game (or whatever it was called).

• Options
    For whatever reason, I keep having issues with Sun Ce not targeting properly and attacking basically in a circle around the enemy officer (obviously this does not work well).

Also, just throwing this out there, but missions with fire effects lowering your health combined with powered up officers that can one shot you with their Musou from your lowered health are kind of bullshit.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    For whatever reason, I keep having issues with Sun Ce not targeting properly and attacking basically in a circle around the enemy officer (obviously this does not work well).

Also, just throwing this out there, but missions with fire effects lowering your health combined with powered up officers that can one shot you with their Musou from your lowered health are kind of bullshit.
    I don't remember Sun Ce having that problem in DW7. Though I haven't unlocked him in WO3 yet.

Yeah alot of the negative conditions in the levels are kinda crap. I remember in DW7 there was one ballista-based level that kept kicking my ass because multiple ballistas kept you basically stunlocked if you messed up once.

• Options
    edited March 2012

I don't remember Sun Ce having that problem in DW7. Though I haven't unlocked him in WO3 yet.

Yeah alot of the negative conditions in the levels are kinda crap. I remember in DW7 there was one ballista-based level that kept kicking my ass because multiple ballistas kept you basically stunlocked if you messed up once.
    With Sun Ce, it seems to only happen when he is super super close and off target. Not a huge deal, just mildly annoying.

Other musings:
    God, Kaguya is just awful. Bad stats + bad moveset. At least some of the bad stats people like the Qiao sisters actually have sort of okay movesets and some of the bad moveset guys like Cao Ren have enough beef to make up for it. Kaguya is just awkward and has super low defense, attack, and life.

EDIT: I take that back, Xiao Qiao's moveset is okayish, Da Qiao's C4 and EX have coverage issues.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    More random comments:
    Blahhhhh, Nu Wa's moveset is even more garbage than it used to be. C2 chain is slow and not that safe which is the worst combination. She's a power type but without the stats to really benefit from it. Oh, and she also got switched to a SW-type for her Musou (also blahhhh). Well, I guess her C4 is a bit better for crowd clearing and her R1 is very, very good, but still. I might just stack Agility and spam Square or something.

Hanzo Hattori is pretty meh to me. Just doesn't have good coverage on his stuff.

I really want to like Aya more considering how much I like her character. Great R1, okay Musou, good C4 and C6...but her normal coverage is pretty meh meaning she can have trouble getting her C4 off. She's sort of schizophrenic. Her good Charge attacks are all anti-area, but her normals are mostly suited for anti-officer. Well...now that I think about it, she's useful if you like switching around characters alot, since she's amazing when she has Musou to keep her R1 up to heal and not flinch, but outside that she suffers a little.

edit: Oh, also I guess Osmosis is mandatory now on everyone if you want full effect else otherwise you can't really use R1 much in general.

edit2: good lord Susanoo just killed me from full health to nothing with his Musou -_-

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I really should find someone else besides Wang Yuanji, but range, attack, agility, blast and slay+10 weapons really just.. man. chopchopchop.

So since I've never bothered to find out, is there something special in regards to using recommended teams? I've just been kind of rocking who I want through pretty much everything.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I will probably end up getting this when I find it. Did they include any other multi game modes like Sugoroku from the Samurai Warriors games? My friends and I played the shit out of that, probably more than the actual game.

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I really should find someone else besides Wang Yuanji, but range, attack, agility, blast and slay+10 weapons really just.. man. chopchopchop.

So since I've never bothered to find out, is there something special in regards to using recommended teams? I've just been kind of rocking who I want through pretty much everything.
    You're missing cutscenes and in-battle conversations from taking the recommended people around the map.

---

Unrelated, but this has a list of all the special items and how to get them: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BzH6WJbj8avIVlBkb05hTEJRSld5dldDZlFXblpmZw/edit?pli=1

EDIT: Actually, yes you really should just so you stop experiencing the overlevelled effect and see what people are talking about when mentioning Yuanji's stagger issues.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Goddamn poison mist is the worst fucking thing

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    I feel like Bow is alot worse in WO3 due to pop-in and lack of penetration. There'll be like 40 guys in front, Bow will hit the first line of 5, then get run over before they can get a penetrating charge attack off.

Which is a shame since it was one of my favorite weapons in DW7.

EDIT: Okay, Kaguya is night and day with Osmosis. Her R1 triggers elements, so you can use it much much much more frequently with Osmosis and she needs its coverage.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    Woo, I've got a little money! Not a lot, but a little. So let me ask you guys something. I haven't been keeping up with the latest Musouriffic games.

If you were just going to pick up one for a good while, which would it be? WO3, DW7, DWN, or something else entirely?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    DW7's story is actually all right. The main criticisms seem to be tied around the fact that since weapons are interchangeable, it feels a little "cloney" since everyone has the same movesets for weapons barring EX attacks. I haven't heard great things about DW7XL but have no experience with it personally.

WO3's gameplay is probably a bit better, though with the unified story and no Dream Stages outside of Gaiden recruitment, there's alot less of the cute crossover stuff. It's sort of there if you're looking for it if you knew about it from previous games, but if you didn't, there's nothing there.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    So, as the folks in the PSVita thread say, I tripped and accidently bought WO3.

• Options
    There *are* some hilarious conversations in WO3.

Da Ji: Lord Orochi, why are your arms to strong?
    Orochi: The better to devastate the world with.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    See,.when I first used yuanji it was late chapter 2 so she was level 1. She totally still killed 1600 dudes and gained like 20 levels.

I think people just don't run when they should. If I can make a custom with her move set I'd totally clear a hard mode chapter 3 at level 1 just because I know I could. Hax, as it were.

Still, need to put more time in this and finish it up. Wo3 was definitely worth the buy.

Basara 3 is probably still more fun though. Just wish it had the jp va. Can't enjoy that wonderful Masamune engrish.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's not a matter of running, it's that guys with power armor give no fucks and rushdown like crazy (Nezha I am looking at you -_-). She also has issues with swarms of officers sometimes because of that. Like, I can jump cancel her EX all day for safety, but it doesn't matter if you don't have enough clearance to even start the C4 to begin with.

Anyway, acquired all endings, so starting to power my chosen team up. My WO2 mains were Ina and Da Ji, so using those two and Yuanji for now. I'm not sure if I want to keep Ina...getting swapped from Speed to Tech and losing her broken as hell WO2 R1 kind of hurt...used to be able to just R1 spam and kite around with jump dashes, both of which she no longer has. Her C4 doesn't have good coverage and her C5 gets her knocked out of the air by archers alot.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I've done most of c3 without issue, even on hard. Its more I just never bother with c-anything. With attack speed up and range, using charge moves really just slows down your ability to literally have a solid wave of knives in the air and melt everything. Hitting officers some odd 15 times before they can close the gap seriously hampers their survivability.

Still, I should try some of the cross overs. Like Joan. Loved bladestorm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    So Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle just arrived in Europe. As an enormous fan of the franchise, I'm honestly thinking about importing it...anyone here play it yet?
    I am about to platinum this one of these days, so I can tell you a bit about it :-)

For non-Seiya fans, I would rate this game 3/10 or 4/10, it's not very good if you don't know the franchise.
    If you are a Seiya-fan, it's probably a 6/10. It's okay, but not revolutionary...

(spoilered for length)
    It isn't really a Warriors game in that sense, I found that Legends of Troy and Fist of the North Star are much more Warriors games than this one. In a sense it's a boss-battles game, but they've added bits between the boss-levels where you have to get past sets of generic warriors who attack you (but only sometimes it feels like they attack en masse), and when you've defeated one bunch, you're allowed to continue to the next part of the level. So you can't run around the map as you wish, it's really pretty linear.

I can tell you, when you play the story line, after having fought past a few palaces, these road-bits get a bit tedious...

At the end of each road bit you meet a non-generic character, like for example Cassios, who has a bit more life and is actually a mini-boss character.

Other characters you meet are : (they're taking a bit of liberty with the plot here)
    - the Black Saints
    - Mysty (I thought he was killed by Seiya in the storyline
    - Black Saint versions of Mysty, Marine and Shaina

After you finish the Story mode, you unlock additional mini-story-modes, like Ailiolos's Story, Ailio's Story, Shaina's Story and Marine's Story.

You start with several difficulties : Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard. Finishing Hard unlocks Bronze, and then you can go all the way to Silver, Gold and God.
    (Though why you would do that I don't know, you REALLY have to love the game then).

Besides the Story mode you have a Mission mode (which contains Missions set at a certain difficulty with a variety of levels, for example you can have a mission of only 6 boss fights, or a mission of only road fights, and so on); there are 20+ Missions, around 10 Tag Challenges (you can play with two people (though I don't think online) and Survival Challenges. There's also on Online part in these missions, but that's only for posting scores.

There is actually quite a bit of content though it's most of the time "quite similar".

The game is a bit grindy, because you will be playing Mission mode to earn levels and CP (Cosmo Points) to buy Skills/Stat Points.
    At a certain point the game your characters will become quite strong so that they can quite effective wade through the level without too many problems.

The Good :
    The characters are quite well animated. When fighting you see them doing moves you remember from the cartoon. Even in the standard kicks and punches you will see semi-signature moves which is very nice to see.
    Seeing Scorpio Miro do his Scorpion-kick is very nice :-)

There is quite a big roster of characters which you can play :
    - The five bronze Saints
    - Marine and Shaina
    - Twelve Gold Saints : no Libra Dohko but two Gemini's (Gemini Saint with the helmet and Gemini Saga without helmet) and we do have a Saggitarius Ailiolos!

You can do Big Bang Attacks, which require you to press a few buttons at the same time during a specific moment, and then you will receive an animation with that specific signature attack. That's actually quite nice :-)
    So all the special named attacks from the show are present here.

During fights you can unlock "collectibles" which are pictures stored in the Gallery of the actual action figures (and I think it's a pretty complete catalogue, so you can see all the figures from the Asgard/Poseidon/Hades saga there too). That is a VERY nice extra for the fan.

As a fighting game, it is quite fun, you'll see how some characters do well against certain characters, while others seems to be unable to make a dent. Sometimes a generic kick in the head may be more effective than a fancy special attack.

And cutscenes (even special attacks) can be skipped by the touch of a button (but you can't switch them off completely, you explicitly have to press the start button)

Do note that there is an alternate controller configuration which allows you to press the right stick instead of top-right-trigger + O.

The Bad :
    Well, it is quite nice to play in the beginning, but after a while it gets boring if you want to play through all the missions. If you go trophy hunting, you have to finish it in Normal, Hard and Bronze so that's three playthroughs.

The road sections can get quite annoying.

Shiryu sucks in this game :-( He is a close combat fighter and when facing Capricornus Shura, who basically telepors to a distance and the Excaliburs the hell out of you, those fights are very annoying.

They take a few liberties with the story line :
    - the Black Saints and Mysty returning, that's one thing
    - Black versions of Marine, Shaina and Mysty, that's a bit silly
    - They are talking to Aililos that he could've become the next Pope, but that is sometime I totally can't remember from the original storyline.

The Ugly :
    Gemini's Another Dimension is an attack which, if you don't dodge, it's instant game over, and if you walk against the edge of the arena, it's also an instant game over.
    One-hit kills are not very nice :-(

If you don't know the series, you will understand absolutely nothing of the plotline.

Part of this is that they skip "quite interesting" cutscenes (for example, you don't see the arrival of the Libra cloth and Shiryu demonstrating all the weapons), and when Camus lifts his hand to make the ship of Hyoga's mother sink, you don't see anything at all. That last particular scene is especially bad, because you see Hyoga entering the palace, Camus saying "Haha, I sunk your ship" and Hyoga going all "Mommy!" and if you don't know the story, you don't see it.

So while Fist of the North Star was quite accessible to people who don't know the story, this won't win any people over because it feels very disjointed but that's because they don't know the backstory.

In my version, there are only Japanese vocals. For me, this is a major disadvantage, because they are yapping and yapping and yapping continuously, and if you don't understand them, well...
    And I can't punch people in the face and read subtitles at the same time.

If there are any people on the board who have a French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese version, if that version has non-Japanese vocals, please tell us!
    I grew up with the French version on TV so if the French release has French speech, I would gladly buy a French version :-)

Now Saint Seiya is known for its fantastic musical score, and while I have 8+ CD's of background music from the series, I recognised only two songs, the others are, well, they-sound-like-Saint-Seiya-but-actually-aren't. So I find it a great pity that not more of the great music can be heard. You do have the Pegasus Fantasy intro though.
    So there, I hope that that give's a bit of an overview. Because it isn't a stellar game, you might be able to pick it up cheap in a few months.
    Furthermore, they decided to release a regular version, a deluxe version (with an action figure or a T-shirt, I don't know) and a SuperDeluxe version with a Saggitarius helmet.

While it will sell well France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil and the rest of South-America (where the TV show was a gigantic hit), I think that copies in the UK will hit the bargain bins very quickly.

If you like the series, give it a shot. It's an okay game, and it's fun during certain moments.

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I may need to import that, I've always loved Saint Seiya.

Also, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've been eyeing that Bleach Musou-alike because one of my friends was talking it up recently.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Oh, I forgot to mention one thing : you have to press the Select button to remove your cloth (or in case of Ikki, put it back on).
    They forgot to put that in the manual, but made two trophies where it is relevant.
    And for Shun, you can only use his Nebula-attacks when he is not wearing a cloth.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Shenl742Shenl742 Registered User regular
    Shenl742 wrote: »
    So Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle just arrived in Europe. As an enormous fan of the franchise, I'm honestly thinking about importing it...anyone here play it yet?
    I am about to platinum this one of these days, so I can tell you a bit about it :-)

For non-Seiya fans, I would rate this game 3/10 or 4/10, it's not very good if you don't know the franchise.
    If you are a Seiya-fan, it's probably a 6/10. It's okay, but not revolutionary...

(spoilered for length)
    It isn't really a Warriors game in that sense, I found that Legends of Troy and Fist of the North Star are much more Warriors games than this one. In a sense it's a boss-battles game, but they've added bits between the boss-levels where you have to get past sets of generic warriors who attack you (but only sometimes it feels like they attack en masse), and when you've defeated one bunch, you're allowed to continue to the next part of the level. So you can't run around the map as you wish, it's really pretty linear.

I can tell you, when you play the story line, after having fought past a few palaces, these road-bits get a bit tedious...

At the end of each road bit you meet a non-generic character, like for example Cassios, who has a bit more life and is actually a mini-boss character.

Other characters you meet are : (they're taking a bit of liberty with the plot here)
    - the Black Saints
    - Mysty (I thought he was killed by Seiya in the storyline
    - Black Saint versions of Mysty, Marine and Shaina

After you finish the Story mode, you unlock additional mini-story-modes, like Ailiolos's Story, Ailio's Story, Shaina's Story and Marine's Story.

You start with several difficulties : Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard. Finishing Hard unlocks Bronze, and then you can go all the way to Silver, Gold and God.
    (Though why you would do that I don't know, you REALLY have to love the game then).

Besides the Story mode you have a Mission mode (which contains Missions set at a certain difficulty with a variety of levels, for example you can have a mission of only 6 boss fights, or a mission of only road fights, and so on); there are 20+ Missions, around 10 Tag Challenges (you can play with two people (though I don't think online) and Survival Challenges. There's also on Online part in these missions, but that's only for posting scores.

There is actually quite a bit of content though it's most of the time "quite similar".

The game is a bit grindy, because you will be playing Mission mode to earn levels and CP (Cosmo Points) to buy Skills/Stat Points.
    At a certain point the game your characters will become quite strong so that they can quite effective wade through the level without too many problems.

The Good :
    The characters are quite well animated. When fighting you see them doing moves you remember from the cartoon. Even in the standard kicks and punches you will see semi-signature moves which is very nice to see.
    Seeing Scorpio Miro do his Scorpion-kick is very nice :-)

There is quite a big roster of characters which you can play :
    - The five bronze Saints
    - Marine and Shaina
    - Twelve Gold Saints : no Libra Dohko but two Gemini's (Gemini Saint with the helmet and Gemini Saga without helmet) and we do have a Saggitarius Ailiolos!

You can do Big Bang Attacks, which require you to press a few buttons at the same time during a specific moment, and then you will receive an animation with that specific signature attack. That's actually quite nice :-)
    So all the special named attacks from the show are present here.

During fights you can unlock "collectibles" which are pictures stored in the Gallery of the actual action figures (and I think it's a pretty complete catalogue, so you can see all the figures from the Asgard/Poseidon/Hades saga there too). That is a VERY nice extra for the fan.

As a fighting game, it is quite fun, you'll see how some characters do well against certain characters, while others seems to be unable to make a dent. Sometimes a generic kick in the head may be more effective than a fancy special attack.

And cutscenes (even special attacks) can be skipped by the touch of a button (but you can't switch them off completely, you explicitly have to press the start button)

Do note that there is an alternate controller configuration which allows you to press the right stick instead of top-right-trigger + O.

The Bad :
    Well, it is quite nice to play in the beginning, but after a while it gets boring if you want to play through all the missions. If you go trophy hunting, you have to finish it in Normal, Hard and Bronze so that's three playthroughs.

The road sections can get quite annoying.

Shiryu sucks in this game :-( He is a close combat fighter and when facing Capricornus Shura, who basically telepors to a distance and the Excaliburs the hell out of you, those fights are very annoying.

They take a few liberties with the story line :
    - the Black Saints and Mysty returning, that's one thing
    - Black versions of Marine, Shaina and Mysty, that's a bit silly
    - They are talking to Aililos that he could've become the next Pope, but that is sometime I totally can't remember from the original storyline.

The Ugly :
    Gemini's Another Dimension is an attack which, if you don't dodge, it's instant game over, and if you walk against the edge of the arena, it's also an instant game over.
    One-hit kills are not very nice :-(

If you don't know the series, you will understand absolutely nothing of the plotline.

Part of this is that they skip "quite interesting" cutscenes (for example, you don't see the arrival of the Libra cloth and Shiryu demonstrating all the weapons), and when Camus lifts his hand to make the ship of Hyoga's mother sink, you don't see anything at all. That last particular scene is especially bad, because you see Hyoga entering the palace, Camus saying "Haha, I sunk your ship" and Hyoga going all "Mommy!" and if you don't know the story, you don't see it.

So while Fist of the North Star was quite accessible to people who don't know the story, this won't win any people over because it feels very disjointed but that's because they don't know the backstory.

In my version, there are only Japanese vocals. For me, this is a major disadvantage, because they are yapping and yapping and yapping continuously, and if you don't understand them, well...
    And I can't punch people in the face and read subtitles at the same time.

If there are any people on the board who have a French, Italian, Spanish or Portuguese version, if that version has non-Japanese vocals, please tell us!
    I grew up with the French version on TV so if the French release has French speech, I would gladly buy a French version :-)

Now Saint Seiya is known for its fantastic musical score, and while I have 8+ CD's of background music from the series, I recognised only two songs, the others are, well, they-sound-like-Saint-Seiya-but-actually-aren't. So I find it a great pity that not more of the great music can be heard. You do have the Pegasus Fantasy intro though.
    So there, I hope that that give's a bit of an overview. Because it isn't a stellar game, you might be able to pick it up cheap in a few months.
    Furthermore, they decided to release a regular version, a deluxe version (with an action figure or a T-shirt, I don't know) and a SuperDeluxe version with a Saggitarius helmet.

While it will sell well France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Brazil and the rest of South-America (where the TV show was a gigantic hit), I think that copies in the UK will hit the bargain bins very quickly.

If you like the series, give it a shot. It's an okay game, and it's fun during certain moments.

Thanks for the lengthy insight. I've ordered it. Yeah, I know I shouldn't expect a HIGH QUALITY game, but it definitely looks fun enough, and as a big Saint Seiya fan, I just can't say no to being able to play a game for it english (well, english subbed)

FC: 1907-8030-1478
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

I don't know any Japanese, but in all honestly, I would probably pay for a Paris DLC. Though I'd prefer Odysseus, Hector or Penthesilea.

• Options

I don't know any Japanese, but in all honestly, I would probably pay for a Paris DLC. Though I'd prefer Odysseus, Hector or Penthesilea.
    CAW based on Samurai Warriors Chronicles
    Shin Sangoku Musou Multi Raid 2 characters (Shi Huangdi, Xiang Yu, Xi Wang Mu, King Mu)
    KENSHIRO from Fist of the North Star
    Raoh, same
    Paris from Troy
    Areus from TRINITY
    Opoona from the game of the same name

It's a very cruel, cruel joke

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    I would definitely pay money for Kenshiro and Raoh

• Options
    Areus would be pretty great, too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    FYI, for anyone who was deceived, the Special weapons in WO3 (Big Star) do not have linear attack gains from compatibility. They max at +54, 4 Star weapons max at +18.

Also: Wow, Ina's C3 is actually pretty good in this game. Just rear guard occasionally with R1 and she's usable again. Ignore her mediocre C4 outside of dueling where the autoparry makes it okay.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Well, it's not really a KOEI Warriors game, but it's close

Just ticked off a few more trophies in Sengoku Basara 3

Also finally finished Mitsunari's unique accessory, so now he can outrun horses aw yeah even though it's gimmicky and not very useful it's still awesome

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

But I wamt that game.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Oh my god, you guys. Huang Gai can outwrestle giant demon elephant men. That is fucking awesome. I don't even like his playstyle and I just keep subbing him in to WRESTLE anything big.

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I may need to import that, I've always loved Saint Seiya.

Also, and I'm ashamed to admit this, but I've been eyeing that Bleach Musou-alike because one of my friends was talking it up recently.

It is really bad. Really, really bad. It is one of the very few times I've been pissed I spent $60 to buy a game at launch.

Do you like Bleach? You will hate this game even more, beyond it just being a bad game. You can barely play as anyone, and it only covers the final big arc before the end of the main story. You get to play as each of (some of) the good guys for one stage each. The stages are really, really short and rather pathetic. There's a conquest mode that is the meat of the game, but it's pretty shit too. Leveling up is horrible as well. You require TONS of exp to gain a level, which is one slot on a gigantic map. Imagine those things in FF10 or 11, except for twenty characters. And you need to fill the whole thing with each character to max them out. And, as said, each slot takes a completely ridiculous amount of experience compared to what you get per level.

Even beyond that, one major part of the game pissed me off. I might remember things slightly off, because I literally haven't played this game again since the day after it came out. Basically every character has a base stage and two powerup stages. In this universe, this makes perfect sense, because characters usually have a base stage, a middle powerup (shikai) and a final powerup (bankai). The main character has no base stage, but has another powerup after bankai. So, obviously everyone will start in base (or middle stage for Ichigo) and move up the chart?

Nope.

Base stage is shikai for everyone but Ichigo, who starts in bankai. So their middle powerup in game is their final stage power in universe. And their super final stage in game?

Glowing. Yeah.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Oh, hey, WO3 question. What's the best thing to do if I'm stunlocked by an enemy? I just lost like half my health because two midbossy types managed to corner me and play catch with my ruined body.

• Options
    yalborap wrote: »
    Oh, hey, WO3 question. What's the best thing to do if I'm stunlocked by an enemy? I just lost like half my health because two midbossy types managed to corner me and play catch with my ruined body.

Punch your swap character button (as long as you have any musou in your musou bar) it will call in your teammate for a moment, they'll do some sort of attck, probably a knockdown/back manuver and leave. Hopefully giving you a chance to get back on your feet. It's kinda like calling in an assist in MvC 2 or 3.