As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

NiryaNirya Registered User regular
edited May 2012 in Social Entropy++
So Wrestlemania just ended. Here are the results in spoilers in case you missed it:
Sheamus beat Daniel Bryan in 18 seconds to become the new WHC.

Kane defeated Orton.

Big Show pinned Cody Rhodes and achieved his Wrestlemania moment.

Maria Menounos and KK beat Eve and Beth Phoenix.

An Era Ended as Undertaker went to 20-0, defeating HHH.

TEAM JOHNNY IS VICTORIOUS!

CM Punk makes Chris Jericho tap out.

The Rock beats Cena. The Rock beats Cena good.

But enough of all that. Because you came here to talk about wrestling. And according to everyone I've ever talked to, the best wrestling occurred on Monday nights.

THIS IS NITRO!

7tlbMj19PzlWrdI.jpg

FEATURING THE BEST IN CRUISERWEIGHTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MviJfs2Mimc

BEST IN MIDCARD WRESTLERS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66FZQsiaHDQ

AND THE BEST IN HEAVYWEIGHTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di2DX_3KStQ

ALSO THEY HAD A BOMB-ASS SHOW ON THURSDAYS CALLED THUNDER THAT I'M SURE EVERYONE WATCHED BECAUSE IT WAS AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX8fOqsC8kw

So let's talk about WCW and not how much we hated the latest WWE PPV. You can even talk about TNpffffhahahahahaha I can't even finish this oh god they're so bad. Also talk about Brodus Clay and the ramifications of keeping a Funkasaurus in captivity.

AND I WENT OUT OF MY WAY TO PUT THIS BACK ON YOUTUBE. YOU ARE WELCOME.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT3MNWn_A3g

t70pctuqq2uv.png
3DS: 2981-5304-3227
Nirya on

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Just saw all of the Taker/HHH match. Holy shit that was worth the price of the PPV alone. I think it deserves 5 stars or at least close to it just for the storytelling alone. So good.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Have The Maxipooch Foundation secured the PA Tag Team titles yet? :D

Assuming direct control O-O
    Seriously they better not have HHH/HBK after this. All three guys walking out at the end was such a perfect moment.

• PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pfffftttt....this thread is just a bunch of millionaire coke-heads stealing talent and ideas from the ECW thread.

Let's dance!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwd4mKyfzaw

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    what is kenny powers doing guarding chris jericho

Oh yeah one more thing I have to applaud Michael Cole for being more restrained and respectful than his usual self, especially regarding his treatment of JR and Finkel. Let's have more of this in the future please.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Geebs with the nice try on the Bogey rule but if Wrestling was a sport and not Sports Entertainment the outcomes wouldn't be pre-determined

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    And also that OP is fucking horrible and Nirya should feel bad.

And thirdly, what do Andy Kaufman and and The Rock have in common?

Both are from Hollywood and beat girls in the wrestling ring

Now bask in the glory of a better video than anything in the OP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCefflT-eY

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Goose! wrote: »
    And also that OP is fucking horrible and Nirya should feel bad.

Or it is the best thing ever and you are just jealous. It has the right mix of:

Great match.
    Jericho.
    Hilarious WCW moments.
    Thunder.
    La Parka.

Winning combination.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited April 2012
    It lacks one of the best crossovers and greatest promotions of wrestling ever. Which is far more relevant to what happened today/yesterday than WCW's garbage.

Goose! on
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    watchin a replay of mania now

this is bullshit

if the taker/trips match is bad i'm punching a guy

already mad that someone spoiled it for me

Buttlord wrote: »

this is bullshit

Was it precedent that spoiled it?

Or maybe captain obvious?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    well jeez, now that you've nailed me on technicalities and how CLEARLY inferior this thread is, I shall fall on my sword and lock this thread

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    or I actually won't and maybe you could chillax

this is bullshit

Was it precedent that spoiled it?

Or maybe captain obvious?

nah it was a buddy

i was trying to maintain disbelief until i could see it

i mean the streak is like the last thing left to really argue about forever, i wanted to believe it could end

but nope

oh well

or I actually won't and maybe you could chillax

I don't actually care, just what else am I gonna post on a Sunday night at 1 in the morning.

Although I'm sure I'll get a PM about it or something.

this is bullshit

Other than the Bryan thing did you think the show was really that bad up till HiaC? Orton/Kane and Cody/Show wasn't bad and I didn't mind Show getting the IC title. Cody better move on to the main event after he heals up though.

• KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    The one question I have is: Was JR promoting a new Thesaurus during the HHH/Taker match or something?

As previously said, HHH/Taker was worth the price. The wrestling I would say was a bit better than last year, but with the story and the inclusion of Shawn Michaels it instantly became my favorite match of the night.

I wish they hadn't added in the whole Jericho doing personal attacks on Punk's family angle. It would have been such a wonderful match with just those two going at it, instead of wasting the first part with Jericho trying to get punk to DQ himself. Except for Jericho demanding punk hit him in the head with the chair, that was entertaining. Though me and my brother agreed, Punk doesn't have to hand over the title to Jericho if he kills him with a chair shot.

• Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    "Carcinogenic right hands" needs to be in the thread title.

Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    I blame new look Taker for that line.

JR may have been giving a shout out to the late Gordon Solie.

• KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    I know he used noxious for something, don't remember exactly what. Then there was the leg drop on the apron. Wish I wasn't so tired so I could remember how he called those moves.

Jim Ross is the reason I did so well in vocabulary tests as a kid.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    To make this thread live up to its name here's a video featuring the second best wrestler* to play Daniel Bryan's girlfriend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQXfoMFvVT4&list=FLWL5ZYCMRwcnIRrn3QzjKxg&index=1&feature=plpp_video

*I've never seen an AJ Lee match, but I assume she's not as good as Gail Kim.

wirehead26 wrote: »

this is bullshit

Other than the Bryan thing did you think the show was really that bad up till HiaC? Orton/Kane and Cody/Show wasn't bad and I didn't mind Show getting the IC title. Cody better move on to the main event after he heals up though.

didn't care about any of those things

show getting a mania win and the belt is alright though

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    @nirya

how'd we do bro

am i gonna be in charge now

if not, why am i talking to you?

7656367.jpg
    I mentioned this in the previous thread but Bryan/Sheamus just goes to show the WWE really doesn't care what the IWC thinks about it. Whomever made the decision to have that match go 18 seconds had to realize that every internet page, forum, message board, whatever would absolutely hate it yet they went on and did it anyway.

• NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Well, I think I did fairly well, unless EBM is one of those crazies that picked Kane and the Rock to win. Other than that I was basically solid.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    edited April 2012
    I mentioned this in the previous thread but Bryan/Sheamus just goes to show the WWE really doesn't care what the IWC thinks about it. Whomever made the decision to have that match go 18 seconds had to realize that every internet page, forum, message board, whatever would absolutely hate it yet they went on and did it anyway.

From the sounds of things the motivation was less to bury Bryan and give a middle finger to the people who enjoyed this:

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

...and more to have the whole "shortest title loss at a WrestleMania" thing. Which, ok, I get that.

...but the Cody Rhodes/Big Show match is RIGHT THERE. Having Cody lose in an embarrassingly short amount of time would be a great way to payoff the angle with Big Show, a man I could legitimately believe could end a match in 20 seconds. Instead they started off the show by shitting on fans excited to see a good match and then paraded out a train of awful until about half-way through the Taker/HHH match.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Well, I think I did fairly well, unless EBM is one of those crazies that picked Kane and the Rock to win. Other than that I was basically solid.

but

but

But I picked Kane to win

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra

From the sounds of things the motivation was less to bury Bryan and give a middle finger to the people who enjoyed this:

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

...and more to have the whole "shortest title loss at a WrestleMania" thing. Which, ok, I get that.

...but the Cody Rhodes/Big Show match is RIGHT THERE. Having Cody lose in an embarrassingly short amount of time would be a great way to payoff the angle with Big Show, a man I could legitimately believe could end a match in 20 seconds. Instead they started off the show by shitting on fans excited to see a good match and then paraded out a train of awful until about half-way through the Taker/HHH match.

Except you're the only one who thinks Kane/Orton and Rhodes/Show were awful. They were good matches.

• Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    Other than the Bryan thing ...

This sort of soured the entire show for me. Silly I know.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Other than the Bryan thing ...

This sort of soured the entire show for me. Silly I know.

Not really silly, it did set a bad tone that one of the major title matches was resolved in less than a minute at the start of the show.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited April 2012

ibkaToCCGXEmZu.jpg

Except you're the only one who thinks Kane/Orton and Rhodes/Show were awful. They were good matches.

Have you ever thought that maybe these kind of knee-jerk reactionary WWE Defense Force generalizations miiiiight be part of the reason you don't get to make threads?

Well before this thread starts to stink of Goose lets get back to what really matters in 2012...WCW :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq4wJuU-fJo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie98iPVfTUw
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmcfJI7RQIY

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    1333350067348.png

• EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Insomnia means I pass the savings on to you!

Wrestlemania Results
    Official unless something went terrible wrong in the computron.
    TheSultan 68
    Bedlam 64
    Sweeney Tom 63
    Spooch 60
    Magell 59
    Hullis 58
    PwnanObrien 58
    Dogbone33 57
    Lux 56
    FecklessRogue 56
    Hjorvarthr 55
    SanderJK 55
    Maximum 55
    Radius 55
    Nirya 53
    The lovely bastard 53
    kingworks 51
    Nothing 51
    LBD_Nytetrayn 51
    EvilBadman 50
    Ninja Squirrel 50
    CarbonRod 49
    Temporal Paradox 49
    MyNameIsWalrus 48
    Goose! 47
    facetious 47
    The Geebs That Is A Pony 46
    Triple B 46
    David_T 46
    Martian 45
    Alistair Hutton 44
    Doomsong8 44
    Bloodsheed 43
    Legacy 43
    Schide 39
    Gonmun 39
    411Randle 37
    Shadowen 35
    Matev 35
    MolotovCockatoo 34
    Devlin_Dragonus 34
    Assuran 33
    JABMonkey 26
    Psychotic One 23
    The pain73 18

Gonmun [39] vs Radius [55]
    SE++ Champion Sweeney Tom [63] vs Hjorvathr [55]
    411Randle [37] vs Martian [45] for the Vacant D&D Championship
    Maximum and Spooch [115] Vs. FecklessRogue and Magell [115] Vs. Bedlam and Hullis [122] Vs. Matev and PwnanObrien [93] Vs. Goose and Sweeney Tom [110]
    EvilBadman [50] Vs. Nirya [53] Spooch [60] TheLovelyBastard [53]

Season Standings? Fuck you, get an abacus! Or wait until morning.
    Hey my score looks wrong! PM ME, I fed points into an equation rather than doing it by hand because I don't trust my math at 2am.
    Second GM? A WILD VOTING FORM APPEARS
    THE DRAFT will be based on the results of Extreme Rules. Maybe. Depends on the GM vote. You know what, pretend I only said THE DRAFT IS COMING and acted all mysterious and shit.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
    edited April 2012
    *snip*

Actually, Kane/Orton on paper could've main-evented all day long, but ended up being almost as insignificant and uninteresting as the divas tag match. And Show/Rhodes was only good to see Big Show finally get his WrestleMania binky. Wrestling-wise, it was a mediocre match at best.

Triple B on
    I've seen that, and it would be far more tolerable if they'd looped more than one "YES!"

As it stands, it's just awful.

This discussion has been closed.