As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] PAX East 2012 Costumes

• girlgamer88girlgamer88 Registered User regular
    MissMoogle wrote: »
    I think we discussed meeting on Friday around 12:30-1PM? Does that conflict with any major panel or event that people will be going to? It won't be more then half an hour. And what do you all think about meeting right near the main entrance lobby area?

Give me your feedback so we can set it in stone! Once we have it all figured out I can make a FB group so I can send everyone updates

So....freakin....EXCITED!!! :D

I'd be at Boston8Bit at that time. I also think one day is kind of inadequate since there are people who are going to be switching costumes from day to day. I know I'm considering doing different things on different days now. I personally think if people are going to be meeting near the main entrance/ lobby why not meet in the mornings around the queue area, that way it doesn't interfere with the panels people want to go to? There probably isn't going to be something that will uniformly work for everyone during the day/ weekend.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Good idea? Each morning we can meet in the main Lobby. That way everyone should be able to make at least one day.

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Good idea? Each morning we can meet in the main Lobby. That way everyone should be able to make at least one day.

That would work better for me as I am only costuming on Saturday.

I meant to put am exclamation point on that"Good Idea" lols, silly phone.
    I know that I'm prouder of my Spartan cosplay than any of the others I made. The ME ones are cool. But I put the most work into the Spartan one, and will be wearing it saturday.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    Getting my karate Gi Pant's hemmed as we speak for sat's costume.

• DaNickaDaNicka Studly Nurd Peoples Republic Of Massachusetts, DunstableRegistered User regular
    Getting my karate Gi Pant's hemmed as we speak for sat's costume.

• EnaylaEnayla Wing Addict New YorkRegistered User regular
    If we had a pick one day, I'd say go with Saturday - that's generally when people bring out their most intense costumes and more people choose to cosplay. And, in general, Friday seems a bit more panel-heavy (although that might just be my personal interests).

Facebook: Enayla Cosplay | Steam: Elliria | DeviantArt: Elliria | Twitter: EnaylaCosplay
  • aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I'm wearing different costumes on Friday and Saturday, and would love to meet up either/both days. 1:00 works for me on Friday (PA Q&A goes until 12:30), and anywhere 12:30 to 2:00 is fine on Saturday.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
    So it looks like we have people who want to meet either in the morning or anywhere from 12:30-2. Mid day doesn't work for me because I have things I want to be doing.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • EnaylaEnayla Wing Addict New YorkRegistered User regular
    Perhaps the evening, since the expo hall closes at six?

Facebook: Enayla Cosplay | Steam: Elliria | DeviantArt: Elliria | Twitter: EnaylaCosplay
  • XX55XXXX55XX Registered User regular
    I won't be there on Friday or Sunday, but I finally got my fedora in the mail. It fits well on my head and I got rid of the ridiculous feather that came with it.

Cole Phelps will be looking sharp on Saturday.

Is anyone interested in a Saturday cosplay meetup?

• RegimentRegiment Registered User regular
    I'd like to do a meetup on any day. Saturday would be best, honestly, but I couldn't say exactly when.

Update: The Medigun is done and functional; the backpack is 95% done and needs to be attached to the suspenders; the coat is 95% done.

I never lose, I just win sideways.
  • RevPicky86RevPicky86 Gloucester, MA.Registered User regular
    I'll be Coming as Batman on Saturday and I'll have my 12 year old cousin with me dressed as Robin (Tim Drake). My buddy will also be dressed as Nightwing and his girlfriend is coming as Catwoman.

There's still panels and other things after 6 though (concerts). Trading card meet ups are at 6:30 at the Westin and those should not be interfered with. What about around 5 pm? I still think the morning would be easier because there are things going on at different times that people are going to want to go to.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
    Saturday works best for me. There aren't any panels/concerts I'm wanting to go to. Anytime works for me. I can peel myself away from the Expo hall morn/noon/eve.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Speaking from experience, with large groups like this mornings usually work best.

The-501st.jpg

DSC_0159.jpg

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    holy crap that is awesome! where were those taken??

also, I did a test run of my mirror's edge tattoo this weekend:
    36801e5a7ad211e1989612313815112c_7.jpg

verdict: pretty good, although a little shiny and too small. I'll print it on two sheets for PAX and that way it will be bigger. also plan to try covering it with makeup powder to decrease the shine.

great suggestion though on the make your own tattoo paper. will save me tons of time not to have to draw it!!

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    It was at Star Wars Celebration V. Tattoo looks good.

• MissMoogleMissMoogle Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ignore this, read my response a couple comments down

Alright so lets put it in stone!

12:30 in the lobby (near the main entrance) You'll know where to go if you just look for the people in costume!

I would still like to get an idea of how many people are going to meet for this, so please reply in this thread to confirm you will come by for photos and fun! :D

Remember, there are no requirements for what kind of costume you wear, this meet up is for everyone and anyone who is cosplaying on Friday!!!

MissMoogle on
    Xbox: totobomb
    PSN: totobomb

Add me! :)

www.facebook.com/msmooglecosplay
    12:30pm works for me!

• wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    browncoatbeth that looks really slick! Do all the improvements you feel like, but even as-is I'm sure you'll get lots of compliments.

Awe geez, hold up, I didn't see some of these responses lol.

Someone get a new chisel and remove what I wrote in stone!

I agree that we should meet on both Friday and Saturday. But I see there's a lot of back and forth on the time...
    How about we meet first thing on Friday and then figure it out from there?

So 10AM on Friday right by the entrance. And if people would still like to meet at 12:30, I can be there :D

Sorry for the confusion, I am just a ball of excitement/overwhelmed-ness

I still really want to meet on Friday. I posted this very early on in this thread because I feel like it will make people more comfortable to know right off the bat that there are other cosplayers to meet and share their experience with! And like I said before, I would really like to get a number of how many people are interested in this because I don't want to stand there waiting for people if only 5 show up lol.

There are a number of cosplaying events happening this year that have to do with specific studios/games, but I want to give people who do not fall into those categories a place to meet up and shine! There are always awesome cosplays at PAX who don't fit the mold, and this will be your opportunity to show off your craftsmanship, and get some photos!

verdict: pretty good, although a little shiny and too small. I'll print it on two sheets for PAX and that way it will be bigger. also plan to try covering it with makeup powder to decrease the shine.

great suggestion though on the make your own tattoo paper. will save me tons of time not to have to draw it!!
    Holy hell girl. That looks amazing!
    I agree with the two sheets to make it bigger, and the make-up powder to decrease shine. You've thought of everything!
    How well does it move with you arm movements/ does it buckle/crack?

Friday around 10am is better for me. I have no plans until 1ish.
    *thumbs up*
    I'm game for a Saturday meetup too.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
  • AmandaGCGAmandaGCG Registered User regular
    tumblr_m1v3v2qwYf1r158nro1_500.jpg

This is my other costume I'm probably bringing if I get the courage to wear it in front of so many people haha.

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    I shall be watching this thread for news of the cosplay meet-up. I won't be dressed up, but sounds like a great opportunity to snap some photos.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • xenoglossyxenoglossy Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd like for there to be a meetup on Saturday as well; I don't know how early I'm going to be able to get to the con on Friday, so I might miss that one, and given that Friday is a weekday, I imagine I'm not the only one with that problem.

• BonniesBonnies Registered User regular
    Hi MissMoogle, count me in on Friday. I should be able to make it to Saturday meet as well. Would be nice to meet a little earlier on Sat cause there's are events I don't wanna miss.

• Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Friday is good with me.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • ValdataValdata Registered User regular
    I'd love to go to a meet up. I think it's a good idea to do it Friday and Saturday earlier in the day.

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    i has an idea,idk if ital be good or not but i was thinking,putting tally marks on my arms like the doctor and amy did from the doctor who series to count how many times they saw the silence.ital be free to do and still be sorta cosplaying.would this be a good idea or should i scrap it.

TBH 10 on Friday is probably not the best idea. The keynote starts at 10:30. :|

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
  • browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular

Holy hell girl. That looks amazing!
    I agree with the two sheets to make it bigger, and the make-up powder to decrease shine. You've thought of everything!
    How well does it move with you arm movements/ does it buckle/crack?

It doesn't crack, but it does make it a LOT easier to tell it's fake. I'll have to remember to keep it straight for pictures!!

I can't do a meet-up on Friday as I'm only cosplaying saturday, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for a Saturday meet-up. Do we have a twitter hashtag just for cosplay? like #cospax? or #paxplay? or #paxcostumes?

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
    Do we have a twitter hashtag just for cosplay? like #cospax? or #paxplay? or #paxcostumes?

This is an excellent question. If we don't, we should!

• kaine23kaine23 NJRegistered User regular
    May bring my fire luigi to pax east.

Well the morning seems to work better, but not 10 because it's too close to the keynote. How early are we willing to get there for the meet ups? I'd have no problem with 9-9:30 but I also don't know who's going to be in a hotel and who will be driving in. As far as a twitter hash tag #paxcosplay or #paxcostumes would be my vote.

8BitBek

Future game art lady!
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm up for meeting on Friday and/or Sat. I'll add it to my calendar so I have a chance of remembering.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • stardust462stardust462 Leominster, MARegistered User regular
    I'll only be cosplaying on Friday, and if the meet up is after 10am and before 3pm, I'll be there.

• LucaLaSmokeLucaLaSmoke GM "Gamers With Kids 2012" Astoria Queens, New YorkRegistered User regular
    I just want to scream out how excited I am for the event!! I'm 31 married with one child, I've been playing games for almost 3 years before that I owned a sega genesis . I wish I had a trooper suit

• PinkRangerPinkRanger Registered User regular
    Question for those of you who have travelled with your costumes before...

I have a toy blaster for my power ranger suit. If I put the blaster in my bag that gets checked on the plane... Is that going to be a problem? Should I tell the airline company when I am checking in that it is there?

And also... Will I have a problem getting trough security with my helmet? I want to carry that on the plane with me.

Cosplayer and a gamer.

Find me on twitter- @pink_4ssass1n
    and twitch- twitch.tv/pink_4ssass1n