As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[YEStling Thread] DJ Hogan in the house

• Options
    GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Ugh...well, better then last ppv but some of those results really screwed me over. Should have realized that Kane would go over when I'd heard the rumor about Randy doing a movie.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Options
    SpoochSpooch Registered User regular
    Goddamn you maximum, you ruined my shot at gold, get your shit together man!!! Also weeeeeeeee handicap victory :D

Assuming direct control O-O
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kane/Orton put on a pretty good match I thought. Orton losing in the end helped me like it more I must admit.

At least only two heels went over last night. Well, one heel and a heel faction. Adding the DQ stip to Jericho/Punk really helped that match I thought cause both guys told a really great story in the beginning and helped give the crowd more reason to care. Speaking of the crowd the only times they were truly "dead" I thought was the Divas match (to be expected), Team Long vs. Team Ace (they got better as the match went on) and during parts of Punk/Jericho although I thought that was them being more burnt out than anything.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Vote Spooch for Gm, I wont leave you midcarders lost at the bottom of the pile ;)

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Kane is way worse than Orton, though. I'm not sure why, after the last year, everyone's still so down on Irton, but whatever

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    VOTE FOR TLB

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TLB is the Mike Adamle of GMs, you dont want that now do you......

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    My issues with Orton is the same as it's ever been. His whole reason for beating people always seems to be 'I'm Randy Orton,' I don't much like the 'Voices' thing, and I don't think he sells in ring stories well.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tag team gold with @Bedlam is a great way to start the season.

• Options
    Also l o l at those d&d championship match scores

• Options
    The Geebs That Is a GM? Could it be? Yes, yes it is

• Options
    kingworkskingworks Registered User regular
    I'm impressed that I didn't end up at the butt-end of the prediction list.

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    anyone who votes for me gets a championship match

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    All of you make compelling arguments... hmm... Spooch may just get my vote due to his pro-midcarder stances, given my horrible picks (better than EC, at least).

What killed my score was the tag match.

I picked Team Teddy to win (because I am a pessimist)...

With Ryder pinning Miz...

Knew I should have picked that match in a mirror.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I'll reiterate what I said in the last thread: If DBry blames AJ for his losing, dumps her, and shacks up with this Bella-gf, I'll be fine with the match because it wasn't what I wanted, but it at least advanced the story.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Bloodsheed wrote: »
    Spooch may just get my vote due to his pro-midcarder stances

You see lads, Bloodheed is going places, you can all go to if you vote for Spooch!

And to anyone who votes for me

who-is-awesome.jpg

Spooch on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    But Spooch, now that I've ended an era, what is in it for me if you bring us new places? TLB is all about taking us back to the past where I was in the main event.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    I will support anyone that will give me one more match. Right now, I know I will do this. Therefore, vote for me.

• Options
    Radius wrote: »
    But Spooch, now that I've ended an era, what is in it for me if you bring us new places? TLB is all about taking us back to the past where I was in the main event.

We'll rebrand you, give you a new gimmick, and stick you right back in there with the best of em

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Gosh dang it. So close to tag titles. If only I would have picked main event right.

• Options
    It's such a shame they had to pull that shit in the opening match because had they let them go for at least 10 minutes with the same finish the show wouldn't have gotten off to such a sour start. I still say this Mania was good though; Orton/Kane was fine with the right finish, Show got to add the IC title to his resume and will have a nice legacy to retire on, HHH/Taker was AMAZING, Team Ace vs Team Teddy was good and had the right result, Punk/Jericho was excellent and Cena/Rock was decent with great crowd heat which is what a Mania main event needs.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Well that was Mania. At least Punk/Jericho was good.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    HjorvarthrHjorvarthr Registered User regular
    I flew too close to the sun

I will have my revenge, some day

also I voted for TLB

• Options
    Dyvim please tell me you thought HHH/Taker was epic like most everyone else. No matter how much you hate all the people involved, it was a 5 star match easily and I'll be pissed if Meltzer short-changes it.

• Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I'll reiterate what I said in the last thread: If DBry blames AJ for his losing, dumps her, and shacks up with this Bella-gf, I'll be fine with the match because it wasn't what I wanted, but it at least advanced the story.

Who cares about real life, their fake relationship has worked out great and established him as a dickish heel. What would the Bellas do? Make him look like an idiot with their awful acting and wrestling? They need to keep AJ as Miss Elizabeth as long as possible.

Anyway, I thought I'd give myself some time to calm down before replying but nope, I'm still angry. Fuck you Vince. You really have to wonder how much he cares about the company when he continually tries to sabotage it.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    I actually thought Taker/HHH was kinda boring in stints. Although I'll readily admit that WM never really got me back on board after the Bryan abomination.

Also, the "You end it!" thing was... dude, pin him. Oh, he kicked out? Then shut up.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    The Bryan/Sheamus thing will not "sabatoge the company". Was it stupid and unnecessary? Yes but they sold the show on HHH/Taker and Rock/Cena along with Jericho/Punk to a lesser extent and those matches delivered.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Man, I spent the start of the HiaC match outside of Kyoto Lounge watching the girl I wanted to pull being sick in a gutter, by the time we got back inside Michaels was in the gogoplata and I had no idea what the fuck was happening, it never managed to pull me in from that point on.
    I do have the opportunity to go and see another showing this evening, but it's a hella long way to travel and I'm not really convinced it would be worth it.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    As much as I loved heel Bryan I at least hope this is maybe a way for him to get back to being the underdog face.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    And really, with Brock coming back that's more than enough to potentially draw huge so Vince still knows how to make the company money, dumbass booking decisions aside.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    I would run for GM, but I know TLB will either screw me over because of our match at Vengeance or try to put me in a championship match immediately because he wants to see someone with every belt

Either way, gives me something to do

• Options
    David_T wrote: »
    I actually thought Taker/HHH was kinda boring in stints. Although I'll readily admit that WM never really got me back on board after the Bryan abomination.

Also, the "You end it!" thing was... dude, pin him. Oh, he kicked out? Then shut up.

The beginning was a bit slow I'll admit but by the end the drama and storytelling were completely off the charts. After this if Taker isn't put in the elite workers catagory then people are blind. HHH and Shawn deserve just as much credit too.

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Oh.....I done goofed.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Undertaker requested that JR call the HIAC match weeks ago, so that's why he was there.

The idea of WWE mentioning TNA during the hall of fame ceremony (which airs tonight at 8 on USA) was shot down by WWE. However, WWE did agree to a different provision: to allow a WWE talent to appear on a TNA DVD as one of the "talking heads."

The Rock got some heat for missing the Hall of Fame ceremony on Saturday. No word on why he missed it. JBL left for Texas after the HoF, while Stone Cold never made the trip to Miami.

WWE is worried that, with The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, and Undertaker all leaving this week, that things might go south for them. This is part of the reason why they want to do something with Batista and Brock Lesnar.

Tonight on RAW: Matt Bloom is expected to debut tonight as Lord Tensai, an announcement is expected to be made about Wrestlemania 29, and WWE is advertising a 10-man match for tonight's show with John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, Big Show and Sheamus vs. Kane, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho

The woman Big Show kissed after his title win was his wife, Bess. Also, Big Show is now a Grand Slam Champion (having held either the European or Hardcore, Intercontinental, Tag team, and World Heavyweight or WWE titles).

• Options
    Bringing in Lesnar was a no-brainer. However they better start bringing up the new guys like Cesaro and Ambrose. One thing I will say about WWE right now is they really need some new blood and to cut a bunch of fat from the roster like Zeke. Tensai is fine, he's a veteran and deserves another shot after his improvement in Japan but the future is guys like Moxley, Cesaro, and Hero. Let's hope they get the proper build up and debut like Hunter promised they would several months ago.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    This'll do until it's uploaded by itself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS5YMoVsR6g

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    The only negative I have about HHH/Taker was that it didn't really have to be a HiaC match, since they never really used the "Cell". But it was everything I wanted out of last year, and more.

So now that we've "ended an era", that gave us a 5 star match, we're left with an era that gave us one good but not really WM-quality match (Punk/Jericho) and one really kinda wack-ass waste of a year.

I'd like the old era back, please. Also, how many PPVs in a row has the Spanish Announce table been spared?

(I did mark the fuck out for Punk, though)

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    TLB, your road to being GM is open. So I would like a title match.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LTM wrote: »
    The only negative I have about HHH/Taker was that it didn't really have to be a HiaC match, since they never really used the "Cell". But it was everything I wanted out of last year, and more.

So now that we've "ended an era", that gave us a 5 star match, we're left with an era that gave us one good but not really WM-quality match (Punk/Jericho) and one really kinda wack-ass waste of a year.

I'd like the old era back, please. Also, how many PPVs in a row has the Spanish Announce table been spared?

(I did mark the fuck out for Punk, though)

Depends how well WWE pushes the new guys. Tensai while not new per say is reported to get a big push when he debuts. Clay needs a good feud so hopefully they give him something more to do other than dance. Miz/Ryder might be good if they decide to go that route. They have plenty of potentially good matches and feuds that could happen but only so many spots to give out. Barrett, Cody, and Ziggler need to be promoted to the main event this year though.

Edit: Oh yeah forgot about the draft this year. Even though with the brands currently "united" it's still a good way to shake things up and move certain guys around.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Hopefully what the WWE does is successful push Barrett, Cody and Mr. Ziggles into the main event tier in some capacity, and then bring up some FCW WhateverthefuckCW guys guys like Ambrose and Cesaro to balance out the midcard and actually work with and push them as legitimate midcard or at least slightly less guys. Then figure out what the hell they're going to do with the rest of their developmental.

This discussion has been closed.