As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo III] The old thread.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    D3 Wii would actually work well. Better than a PS3 version. You'd use the Nunchuk analog to move/face your character, and the WiiMote to aim abilities.

I don't see how you handle ground targeted abilities without a pointing mechanism, it'd be really clunky to target it with an analog stick manually.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    El Guaco on
  • Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    El Guaco wrote: »
    After taking all 5 classes through HC, I think I'm done with the beta. The content is just too stale for me and the only time I had to worry about dying was the fight with Leoric. Only 44 days to go...

Edit: Apparently I've been playing a ton of Dr. Daisy Pet Vet lately! LOL

If you're done feel free to PM me your name and password and I will be glad to continue enjoying the beta for you (I promise I won't change/steal anything...someone on the forum actually let me use their SC2 beta the same way back when).

edit for obligatory :D

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Ya know, before that video I was all like "Yeah its Diablo 3, I can wait till next month and buy the CE edition and what not and have fun with it."

Now? "FUCK FUCK FUCK I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME NOW."

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    mr_mich wrote: »
    April Fool jokes need to be better shopped :P copy-edited
    Seriously, work on your grammar before you make a fake Blizzard press release. I don't know who made that mess, but the writing was pretty bad. I counted at least half a dozen fragments.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I've now played through the beta on all the classes through skeleton king. Only class that felt really weak was wizard. Strongest felt barbarian and demon hunter, with the demon hunter a bit safer to play and higher burst vs single target. Monk was ok. witch doctor had the most "fun" abilities, even though not all that strong. I wish the left side window didn't open for the lore finds, just play the sound. Will definitely have to play through the story on single player first, groups skip every cinematic and talking.

steam_sig.png
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    Ya know, before that video I was all like "Yeah its Diablo 3, I can wait till next month and buy the CE edition and what not and have fun with it."

Now? "FUCK FUCK FUCK I WANT TO PLAY THAT GAME NOW."

Yeah I feel the same way. I seriously need to make sure I have a computer built/bought that can play it by release date.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    I always enjoyed the DH, more than most others it seems. After seeing that video, my first character will definitely be a DH.

• SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    So what's the chances that Amazon will have a CE restock? Missed the last 2 rounds :(

steam_sig.png
  • WhoaFooglesWhoaFoogles Registered User regular
    After having it pointed out to me in the WoW chat thread that last month was not April and D3 was not out in two weeks, I hopped into the beta to see how awesome all of this was for myself. Having been keeping myself in the dark about it, I knew very little about what to expect.

I've played a witch doctor and barbarian through to completion, and I've just started a wizard (playing classes in least-to-most interested). Witch doctor surprised me in how much fun it was to play; I'm usually not fond of pet classes, but I really liked the Diablo-y flavor of this one. Barbarian was fun smashing rag doll zombie corpses across the screen, but getting into the thick of the action meant I had to use the health pots more frequently. The wizard so far has been kind of boring, but I've only unlocked a couple skills yet. Looking forward to giving the monk and hunter a go.

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    So what's the chances that Amazon will have a CE restock? Missed the last 2 rounds :(

There have been 3 times. Back in October when they announced the CE, early in the year for a short period, and right after they announced the release date.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    This looks new.

Demon Hunter Video

That's... Really low quality for Blizzard.

DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    It's an IGN exclusive, so not really proper promotional material from them.

• busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    Quick question, does this mean I'm in the beta? Because I didn't get an email:

NhfH4.png

Also, any word on when the beta will close?

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

Is the hatred / discipline thing they mention in this video actual technical jargon for the class, or are they just being goofy about health and mana?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »
    Quick question, does this mean I'm in the beta? Because I didn't get an email:

NhfH4.png

I would assume so. I don't have a listing for D3 beta on my Battle.net account.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Yeah it means you're in the beta. Download the client from the link and play.

As far as when it'll end, who knows. Probably shortly before launch; but honestly there's not much to do. You can play through the whole thing with one character in a few hours, if you're worried about not having time to invest.

Also to _J_ Discipline/Hate are the resources for Demon Hunter.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Thanks guys. Too bad that for some reason I get horrible performance. The majority of the time the game runs at 100+ fps, but very often it slows down horribly for a second or so. Anybody got any idea what that is about? My hardware is an i7 860, 4 GB and a HD5770, on Win7 64 bit.

B2b1M.gif
  • _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Also to _J_ Discipline/Hate are the resources for Demon Hunter.

Interesting.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I didn't really like Discipline. I very rarely used anything that needed Discipline, and when I did I didn't have enough of it and it didn't regenerate fast enough.

But beta is beta.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Thanks guys. Too bad that for some reason I get horrible performance. The majority of the time the game runs at 100+ fps, but very often it slows down horribly for a second or so. Anybody got any idea what that is about? My hardware is an i7 860, 4 GB and a HD5770, on Win7 64 bit.

There is something in the video options you have to disable/enable. I think it's something about limit fps or something like that.

urahonky wrote: »

There is something in the video options you have to disable/enable. I think it's something about limit fps or something like that.

I disabled both fps limitation options and I also disabled vsync, but to no avail. Anybody got any other ideas?

B2b1M.gif
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I was experiencing something similar that seemed to be related to the launcher, which would actually start the game twice. Changing the shortcut to skip the launcher and point to the executable instead got rid of the slowness.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    No, but likely in the first week of May.

• TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    So, seeing that somebody else got into the beta, I, as is my custom, went yet again to check if I got in. But battle.net won't even let me log in, the log in box is just a black rectangle.

This means I'm gonna get in, right?

• IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Account access is down for Blizzard right now... I ran into the same thing.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
    I set the max fps to 60 and that smoothed out some gameplay issues for me on my older AMD CPU. It sounds like you're doing the opposite. More fps is not always better. If the game is spending all its cycles trying to update the visuals and physics, then there is little time left for network communications and gameplay mechanics.

The game does lag a bit when first starting because it is loading resources on the fly. Typically I get some stutters for the first 30 seconds or so then it smooths out.

Only once have I experience network/server lag during the entire beta. It was last night right when my HC Barb started the SK event. I thought I was going to have my first HC death for sure, but the lag went away rather quickly.

(OK, I lied about not wanting to play any more. Can someone give me the phone number of a local support group?)

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Tarantio wrote: »
    So, seeing that somebody else got into the beta, I, as is my custom, went yet again to check if I got in. But battle.net won't even let me log in, the log in box is just a black rectangle.

This means I'm gonna get in, right?

I do the same. It's silly, if you try to log in it just sits, but if you click to create a new account it actually goes to a 'we're doing stuff' page and links to their twitter for info...which doesn't have any.

I set the max fps to 60 and that smoothed out some gameplay issues for me on my older AMD CPU. It sounds like you're doing the opposite. More fps is not always better. If the game is spending all its cycles trying to update the visuals and physics, then there is little time left for network communications and gameplay mechanics.

The game does lag a bit when first starting because it is loading resources on the fly. Typically I get some stutters for the first 30 seconds or so then it smooths out.

Only once have I experience network/server lag during the entire beta. It was last night right when my HC Barb started the SK event. I thought I was going to have my first HC death for sure, but the lag went away rather quickly.

(OK, I lied about not wanting to play any more. Can someone give me the phone number of a local support group?)

Yes, I will PM you my phone numer so you can give me your bnet info. Then I will play and you won't be able to log in.
    Boom, cured. Everybody wins. :D

• FalckerFalcker Registered User regular
    ]

I disabled both fps limitation options and I also disabled vsync, but to no avail. Anybody got any other ideas?

Its due to the debugger in the beta client, it loads assets twice which tends to slow shit down a lot. Blizzard says the issue doesn't occur in the internal client.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    If you're having trouble logging into battle.net for your account stuff, I recommend trying eu.battle.net

I haven't been able to use us.battle.net since they started inviting a few hundred thousand people into the MoP beta but the EU site works fine and you can still access your entire account.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

If you're having trouble logging into battle.net for your account stuff, I recommend trying eu.battle.net

I haven't been able to use us.battle.net since they started inviting a few hundred thousand people into the MoP beta but the EU site works fine and you can still access your entire account.

It works!

...still no beta. :x :cry:

Well, the thing is, whenever I get to a boss fight where the boss and multiple adds spawn at once, sometimes the game semi-freezes for 10 or 20 seconds, and I have to mash buttons blindly so I don't die. That sounds like a more fundamental problem to me than badly tuned performance.

B2b1M.gif
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Well, the thing is, whenever I get to a boss fight where the boss and multiple adds spawn at once, sometimes the game semi-freezes for 10 or 20 seconds, and I have to mash buttons blindly so I don't die. That sounds like a more fundamental problem to me than badly tuned performance.

You have physics on high?

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

Did you completely download the game, or did you hit play when the download got to the yellow section?

If the former, then I'm not sure, but if the latter then you need to finish downloading the game completely before you try to play it. That's what fixed it for me, your game is constantly loading new assets which is killing your fps.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular

Did you completely download the game, or did you hit play when the download got to the yellow section?

If the former, then I'm not sure, but if the latter then you need to finish downloading the game completely before you try to play it. That's what fixed it for me, your game is constantly loading new assets which is killing your fps.
    yeah, this is what happened to me
    just gotta wait that download out

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Want....beta....
    Are people at least allowed to stream content so I can feed my need and at least watch?

I can't wait a whole six more weeks to play! GEEEEEZ!

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Are the servers down or something?

It's at "Updating Blizzard Launcher (0%)"

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    To people who are in the beta:

Can you play through the whole game in the beta? How long would you say the content takes to play through with a single class?

B2b1M.gif
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    the beta only has the equivalent of up to blood raven in d2
    except even less

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    the beta only has the equivalent of up to blood raven in d2
    except even less

Can you elaborate please? :)

B2b1M.gif
This discussion has been closed.