As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Indie Game Bundle Notice & Discussion Thread [ NEW - Deep Space ]

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Is it just me or is the version of Jolly Rover on Steam compressed to all hell and back? Looking at the screenshots on its homepage they're all nice and pretty, but in the actual game there's JPEG artifacts abound. And when you're playing it full screen at that low a resolution it's more than obvious.

jollyrover3.png

• alexanderswangalexanderswang Registered User regular
    The Ninja Pack is live now!

There is always a way.
  • starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    For real this time!

I bought it because I've wanted cloning clyde for a while and I remember playing a demo of Keflings on XBL and really enjoying it.

Also the art for the Spring Bundle is super cute. Wish I could get a bigass desktop of it.

camo_sig2.png
  • striderjgstriderjg Registered User regular
    Just a note for anyone thinking about the IR bundle. It was gonna give keflings a try tonight and aborted the install when I got a notice that it required a firewall exception. Did a little googling and it appears keflings uses drm that strongly resembles spyware. Didn't buy the bundle for it but probably would have passed had I know that.

steam_sig.png
  • SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Indie Gala 3 is up.

- Trapped Dead
    - Greed: Black Border
    - Future Wars
    + (pay more than the average)
    - Grotesque Tactics
    - Twin Sector
    and future bonus unlocks.

All redeem on Steam.

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Bought the Indie Gala bundle, but can't find a Steam key anywhere...all they sent in the email was a link to my "profile," which looks half broken and doesn't have any Steam keys. :( Anyone else having this problem?

(edit) Oh...I'm supposed to click the "Indie Gala 3" text halfway down the page. Don't know how I was supposed to figure that out on my own.

AnakinOU on
    picked it up because future wars seems ok.

everything else is el poop-o.

camo_sig2.png
    Groupees' Be Mine 2 bundle speculation is a bit better, numbers-wise. Judging from the sneak peek video after the jump, the new bundle - which launches in the next few days - may include (with Metacritic average) Beat Hazard (70), The Baconing (63), Plain Sight (76), Madballs in... Babo: Invasion (79), Sol Survivor (75), and Killing Floor, if you pay high enough (72). If true, these would make the stronger compilation on Metacritic, with games averaging reviews of 72.5/100. Are these game guesses correct? Video is after the break if you want to weigh in...

from indiegames.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bdMEyToHQ6Q

camo_sig2.png
    IFK preordered keys have been sent. Check your email.

There is always a way.
    edited March 2012
    didnt receive mine. guessing its because i fucking hate paypal and my paypal email was "unverified." Already emailed their support.

edit: and pretty quickly they supply me with codes. Nice!

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    Snuggle Truck added to the HIB Android #2. It was auto added to the bundle and your Steam library if you already bought it, so there's no new key to enter.

camo_sig2.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Snuggle Truck added to the HIB Android #2. It was auto added to the bundle and your Steam library if you already bought it, so there's no new key to enter.

you also get the original Smuggle Truck version for android too, I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but that's pretty cool of them

steam_sig.png
  • CatshadeCatshade Registered User regular
    In case you didn't notice it yet, you can now create a Humble Bundle account here for an easy access to all your bundle purchases and keys.

edited March 2012
    Well, at least Indie Gala did SOMETHING right.

Also, Non-steam bundle but some of you may enjoy it because of the theme http://www.indievania.com/bundles/bundle4dead

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
    Catshade wrote: »
    In case you didn't notice it yet, you can now create a Humble Bundle account here for an easy access to all your bundle purchases and keys.

Now that's a nice feature! I have bought over 10 HIB and my email folder for bundles was getting a little messy.
    Still needs some work and tweaking but that's what a beta is for. :)

camo_sig2.png
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Well, at least Indie Gala did SOMETHING right.

Also, Non-steam bundle but some of you may enjoy it because of the theme http://www.indievania.com/bundles/bundle4dead

God I'm so fucking tired of zombies now. I wish they'd just die (again).

JtgVX0H.png
  • gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Zombies really are the indie equivalent of military corridor shooters, aren't they?

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Pretty much, though I'd say WW2 shooters. I mean, I don't hate zombies or anything. They're just everywhere and in everything.

JtgVX0H.png
    The bonus game for IndieGala 3 was revealed; it's FlatOut. Only available for those paying higher than the average.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, we need a zombie game break. This is why I never bother to look for games on my ipod and phone. I just don't want to see the hundred new half assed zombie games that showed up that day.

Steam: offday
    yayyy flatout. I have never played it and I'm sure it isn't anything compared to burnout....but at least it isn't a fish screensaver.

camo_sig2.png
  • rikdalyrikdaly Registered User regular
    Flatout is actually pretty good fun, I bought it in a Steam sale a while back and finished it in a few days

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    edited...

alexanderswang on
    There is always a way.
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Please don't do that.

YL9WnCY.png
    @Rorus Raz, sorry, edited...

Infinity Bundle has been added. http://www.infinitybundle.com/

There is always a way.
    It appears that anyone who has bought a subsoap game in the past, including through steam, can get a free Infinity Bundle code with proof of purchase.

http://help.subsoap.com/customer/portal/articles/460931-already-purchased-in-the-past

camo_sig2.png
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.indiegamemag.com/gamersgate-announces-the-indiefort-bundle/

also, this isn't a bundle, but relevant news for indie fans who are going to pax: http://indiemegabooth.com/

edit: less than 3 hours left on the current humble bundle

SaraLuna on
    edited April 2012
    Indie Royale April Fools bundle is up for preorder:
    Headlining the bundle in an acclaimed tower-defense game with a free built-in expansion (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free). Featured alongside it is a retro turn-based dungeon crawler (for Windows and Mac in a Steam debut, Windows and Linux on Desura, and Windows/Mac/Linux DRM-free), a pair of titles from the same developer spanning platformer shooter and horizontal shmup (for Windows on Steam, Desura, and DRM-free), and an incendiary 2D action platformer (for Windows on Desura and DRM-free).

Those who pre-order the April Fools Bundle receive an awesome vocoder-heavy bonus: Sexy Synthesizer's Japanese '80s-style chip album Rock: Deluxe Edition, available in .FLAC and HQ .MP3 file formats. Those who pay over the minimum while the bundle is live will also receive the bonus.

Any guesses on what are the games?

Catshade on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    TD sounds like it could be Defense Grid, though it having non Steam versions would be new. Turn based sounds like it could be Cardinal Quest. Platformer maybe Explodemon?

edited April 2012
    Preordered!

Looks like the lineup is going to be Cardinal Quest, Explodemon, Astro Tripper, Alien Zombie Megadeath, and Defense Grid.

According to the internet think tank, at least.

starmanbrand on
    camo_sig2.png
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    The Indieroyale new bundle has "leaked." It was showing up in people's Desura accounts that had preordered for a short time. Titles:

Defense Grid
    Hack, Slash, Loot
    Astro Tripper
    Alien Zombie Megadeth
    Explodemon

The latter will not have a Steam key.

may more excited about HSL than I was about Cardinal Quest.

I am pleased

camo_sig2.png
    Slimcea wrote: »
    BeMine 2 bundle is up for preorder, with a minimum cost of $4.

Plain Sight
    Sol Survivor
    Madballs in Babo: Invasion
    Beat Hazard
    The Baconing

And if you donate more than $10, Killing Floor + "1 more special item TBA".

I'll probably grab even though I own Beat and Sol already. I've wanted to try a Deathspank game for quite some time.

camo_sig2.png
    Indie Royale is up, the 'leak' is accurate.

and April Fool's bundle is live at Indie Royale.

camo_sig2.png
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I am intrigued by Hack, Slash, Loot, and may just pick up the Royale bundle for that game alone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    I am intrigued by Hack, Slash, Loot, and may just pick up the Royale bundle for that game alone.

That's pretty much why I got it, game looks cute as fuck.

steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.
    Is it made by the same guy that did Realm of the Mad God? I looked at his site and didnt see it mentioned but the sprites look identical.

camo_sig2.png
  • TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Linux version? Why yes, I will purchase your game!

teriferin#1625
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Adda wrote: »
    DoctorArch wrote: »

That's pretty much why I got it, game looks cute as fuck.

Same. I came to ask about it. It looks fun. Anyone play it yet?

Steam: offday