As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] prePAX Magical Mystery Tour 2012 (Wednesday 4/4 & Thursday 4/5) SCHEDULE POSTED

124»

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I am still not certain on whether or not I will be attending on Wednesday. I will have to decide on Tuesday whether or not I feel my classes are important or not. As for Thursday, I will most definitely just meet you guys at Sam Adams. I have to pick up my sister from the airport at around 8, and we'll go drop her stuff off at my place, which is only 3 T stops from the brewery.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Posted the what-to-bring list in the OP.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I know you already mentioned multiple times to bring cash, but I just remembered that Mike's Pastry only takes cash, so make sure you have cash for that as well.

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    squeakyboysqueakyboy Registered User regular
    I would like to attend for the thursday only.

• Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    septagon wrote: »
    juju wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned this to you but are you planning on taking the T to Sunset Grill and Tap?

There is a bus, the 66 bus, that goes directly between Harvard Square and Sunset Grill and Tap in Allston. They come within 10 minutes of each other if everyone doesn't fit one one bus (although its possible, as the 1st stop of the 66 is at Dawes Island in Harvard Square). It will cut your travel time weekday midday ridiculously. Taking the 66 will be 20 minutes max and it stops right in front of Sunset. Taking the T is 17 minutes to Park St, plus another 25-35 minutes fighting with college students taking the B Line, and then a walk (or the alternate, Green Line to 57 bus, which is not much of an improvement).

I might meet up with you guys that Wednesday if I don't help with Setup that day - I live pretty close and I do love beer :)

This is true, but in Seattle we pretty much overwhelmed a bus that was about the same size as the ones the mbta uses. Its going to end up being a toss up between making better time or having a less chaotic and stressful, if longer, ride on the red and green lines.

The Boston College green line, midday on a weekday, has the possibility of being murder. The trains barely come, and they stop at all points of the B line because of college classes. And yes, there are classes this week, so be prepared for the train to stop fourteen times at every stop between Park St and Harvard Ave.

You should definitely make a decision on the spot for what's best for you guys depending on your group size at that point. I just point this out because if the 66 is there and you are at the Peabody Museum, you cross Harvard Yard, and cross the street over Mass Ave, you're at Dawes Island, where the 66's 1st stop is (read: completely empty bus). All the buses on the MBTA have GPS on them (available at http://www.nextbus.com) so you'll know exactly when the bus leaves so you can plan around it. From there, even with traffic, it's no more than 20 minutes and the bus stops literally across the street from Sunset Grill and Tap, as opposed to 12-17 minutes on the Red Line to Park, 20-35 minutes on the Green Line, plus a 7 minute walk, not including connection times at Park St, which are 7-10 minutes midday offpeak.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    septagon wrote: »
    I don't know if anyone's mentioned this to you but are you planning on taking the T to Sunset Grill and Tap?

There is a bus, the 66 bus, that goes directly between Harvard Square and Sunset Grill and Tap in Allston. They come within 10 minutes of each other if everyone doesn't fit one one bus (although its possible, as the 1st stop of the 66 is at Dawes Island in Harvard Square). It will cut your travel time weekday midday ridiculously. Taking the 66 will be 20 minutes max and it stops right in front of Sunset. Taking the T is 17 minutes to Park St, plus another 25-35 minutes fighting with college students taking the B Line, and then a walk (or the alternate, Green Line to 57 bus, which is not much of an improvement).

I might meet up with you guys that Wednesday if I don't help with Setup that day - I live pretty close and I do love beer :)

This is true, but in Seattle we pretty much overwhelmed a bus that was about the same size as the ones the mbta uses. Its going to end up being a toss up between making better time or having a less chaotic and stressful, if longer, ride on the red and green lines.

The Boston College green line, midday on a weekday, has the possibility of being murder. The trains barely come, and they stop at all points of the B line because of college classes. And yes, there are classes this week, so be prepared for the train to stop fourteen times at every stop between Park St and Harvard Ave.

You should definitely make a decision on the spot for what's best for you guys depending on your group size at that point. I just point this out because if the 66 is there and you are at the Peabody Museum, you cross Harvard Yard, and cross the street over Mass Ave, you're at Dawes Island, where the 66's 1st stop is (read: completely empty bus). All the buses on the MBTA have GPS on them (available at http://www.nextbus.com) so you'll know exactly when the bus leaves so you can plan around it. From there, even with traffic, it's no more than 20 minutes and the bus stops literally across the street from Sunset Grill and Tap, as opposed to 12-17 minutes on the Red Line to Park, 20-35 minutes on the Green Line, plus a 7 minute walk, not including connection times at Park St, which are 7-10 minutes midday offpeak.

And this is why she is called the Juju-pedia. :P

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    FaernFaern Cambridge, MARegistered User new member
    Only just heard of this and if it's not too late I'd love to tag along for Wednesday. This my first time going to PAX or any con without plans to meet-up with friends so I'd love to meet some new faces about.

• Options
    On my way to meet all your lovely faces for day 1. :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    GOD SPEED ADVENTURERS!

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    MrSlothMrSloth Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I owe someone a game of Bohnanza from our chat on the train today. If that's you please DM me. We didn't exchange info but I'd love to play a game tomorrow.

MrSloth on
  • Options
    narnianelfnarnianelf Columbus, OhioRegistered User new member
    edited April 2012
    So I know I'm a few days (weeks? months?) late. But I'm on the forums now & wanted to say thanks for a great time on Thursday. Everyone made me feel so welcome at PAX East. MrSloth & I enjoyed meeting ya'll & are looking forward to next year!

narnianelf on