As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ticket to Ride and maybe other xbla boardgames AKA Catan

Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchscritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
edited August 2012 in Social Entropy++
Okay so

some people just Peer Pressured me into buying Ticket to Ride on XBLA

and fuck it's a lot of fun

everyone buy it so that you can play with me and @T4CT and T4CT's friends that I don't know the forum names of to @ them

here's a picture to make this OP less barren

ticket-to-ride-box.jpg

Speed Racer on

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Does this exist places that aren't the Xbox or smart phones?

Because this is the second time I've heard of it and I've had a soft spot for trains ever since I was a wee laddie.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Is I Am Alive worth buying the full version?

• MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Is this a game where I can become the Rail Tracer

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    SLyM wrote: »
    Does this exist places that aren't the Xbox or smart phones?

Because this is the second time I've heard of it and I've had a soft spot for trains ever since I was a wee laddie.

there's a physical version of it yeah

if you've played settlers of catan it's kind of like someone made an entire game out of just the road-building portion of it

Speed Racer on
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Pfff like I have friends.

In the physical world.

PFF I SAY.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    look not to be snarky because I could totally google this game and look it up

but what is it and is it multiplayer only?

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    yes to @Veretas

did you like the demo @Weaver (you can listen to the new episode of the brocast if you would like to hear about I Am Alive)

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    I think I'm gonna be sad

I think it's todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, yeah

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

WE DOIN' THIS

YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

WE DOIN' THIS

do you own this game

T4CT wrote: »
    yes to @Veretas

did you like the demo @Weaver (you can listen to the new episode of the brocast if you would like to hear about I Am Alive)

I liked the interactions with people, I didn't like the climbing stamina part.

Wait really? I can murder all the people on a train but find out some of them are actually immortal?

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    Game owns, on my list of "Games that will make me hate my friends for at minimum several hours."

Also on the list: Catan, Carcassonne, Risk

Weaver wrote: »
    yes to @Veretas

no, then

yes to @Veretas

no, then

Thanks.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Vivixenne wrote: »

it is a board game

technically you can play against AIs but yes it is basically multiplayer only

you're given a map of the united states and canada (there's DLC for a Europe map), and you're given a couple random cities. The goal is to build railroads to connect the cities. You get points for every section of track you lay down, as well as points for doing a connection, based on how far apart the cities are. Phoenix to Portland is worth 11 but New York to Seattle is worth 23, for instance. If you have any incomplete connections at the end of the game, you take their point value as a penalty. Whoever has the longest railroad gets a bonus ten points. Most points wins.

• KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    I've played the board game, and it's p. sweet.

goomyisall400.jpg

So is anyone gonna play this game right now or what

BdVvFJu.jpg
    in spite of being the one to make this thread I think I am good on this game tonight

I am just trying to ensure that there are people to play with tomorrow!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular

it is a board game

you're given a map of the united states and canada (there's DLC for a Europe map), and you're given a couple random cities. The goal is to build railroads to connect the cities. You get points for every section of track you lay down, as well as points for doing a connection, based on how far apart the cities are. Phoenix to Portland is worth 11 but New York to Seattle is worth 23, for instance. If you have any incomplete connections at the end of the game, you take their point value as a penalty. Whoever has the longest railroad gets a bonus ten points. Most points wins.

that sounds oddly like Settlers of Catan

edited April 2012

it is a board game

yeah like I said a few posts up it's kind of like if they took settlers of catan and stripped out the development cards, towns, and cities, and made road-building a little more complex to compensate

Speed Racer on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    this is pretty great on iOS

8406wWN.png
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    it is better in real life

8406wWN.png
    YEAH MOTHERFUCKER

WE DOIN' THIS

do you own this game

no, but i got like 300 points

it is a board game

it's my favourite board game

• MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    this is a pretty sweet board game, yeah. my brother in law has an expansion that involves a dinosaur so i'm all kinds of over it.

it is better in real life

i wish I knew anybody in real life that liked board games

if we get some people I could be inclined to put pants back on for like one or two games

it is a board game

it's my favourite board game

my current favourite is Carcassonne

and really there's elements of that in this, too, from the sound of things

yes to @Veretas

no, then

Thanks.

like I agree that the interactions are fucking cool and great

but the stamina is just constantly present and plays such a huge role that I think you'll end up finding it detracts from your experience

if we get some people I could be inclined to put pants back on for like one or two games

wait why do you need pants to play this game?

I ain't playing it if it requires pants

eff that ess

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    I have the card game version of the board game, no idea there was a videogame version, too.

uc3ufTB.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://www.shutupshow.com/
    board game thread? meet funny board game reviewers.

i probably could be too

I should go to bed

but if there are trains to be built well

who am I to say no

• QuestionMarkManQuestionMarkMan Registered User regular
    I've got this on my iPad

It's p sweet

okay i am online RIGHT NOW if 3-4 other people would like to hop on and build some motherfucking railroads

Hey @Veretas come play

and also anybody else that is around and is interested

@Vivixenne you convinced me to put on flanel and wake up to play so if you don't even own this game imma be nine kinds of PO boxed

edited April 2012
    man I didn't do SHIT!

I do not own it

I am not even at home at the moment

Vivixenne on