As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mass Effect] Operation Beachhead Next Weekend. Fun in the sun? MARK SPOILERS

19495969798100»

• Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    In trying to make sense of the completely nonsensical, I did happen to think that maybe the thing with the Normandy was supposed to be Joker discovering a garden world very near earth, thus assuaging players' fears that everyone would starve to death. Or perhaps just offering humans a new earth to populate, since the old one is decimated. So Joker sends a message to earth telling them about this amazing nearby planet within FTL that is just waiting for them! The alliance immediately sends a rescue team, as well as researchers to check out the viability of colonizing the new planet. At least, I think that's what they were going for.

It's less of a mystery than you think.
    The planet is Zorya, the one on Zaeed's loyalty mission. Does this skybox look familiar to you?

5042593786_5da674485c.jpg

Zorya also has a dextro population since there were turian mercs there, so there should be food for Tali and Garrus.

Holy.

Shit.

They reused the same stock photo skybox AGAIN.

BIOWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEEEEEE

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That's... well spotted.

Although given how lazy they were with the Tali photo, it could just be a reused skybox.

Still, where about is it in relation to Sol?

Edit: get out of my fucking head Klyka!

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    In trying to make sense of the completely nonsensical, I did happen to think that maybe the thing with the Normandy was supposed to be Joker discovering a garden world very near earth, thus assuaging players' fears that everyone would starve to death. Or perhaps just offering humans a new earth to populate, since the old one is decimated. So Joker sends a message to earth telling them about this amazing nearby planet within FTL that is just waiting for them! The alliance immediately sends a rescue team, as well as researchers to check out the viability of colonizing the new planet. At least, I think that's what they were going for.

The planet is Zorya, the one on Zaeed's loyalty mission. Does this skybox look familiar to you?

Zorya also has a dextro population since there were turian mercs there, so there should be food for Tali and Garrus.
    It would also mean they are all completely fucked anyway.
    persistent problems with rot and rust
    "Bring firearms and antihistamines" is what veteran guides say about this lush garden world. First colonized in 2160, Zorya's temperate and tropical zones are overrun with plants and fungi of all kinds. As a result, the air in most habitable areas is choked with pollen and spores that range from benign to deadly. The scattered colonies across the planet have resorted to clear-cutting and slash-and-burn farming to create habitable zones, and the more rural areas, where the spores are thickest are populated only by vorcha.
    They will all be dead soon from spores and pollen. Even assuming they managed to make it to a colony, the colonies aren't self-sufficient so will collapse when the machinery breaks down. They won't bea ble to effectively clear cut the shit out of entire regions to create habitable zones, causing the forest and pollen to encroach on areas.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

Holy.

Shit.

They reused the same stock photo skybox AGAIN.

BIOWAAAAAAARRRRREEEEEEEEEE

Is there any part of the end that isn't lazily done?

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Okay.

Seriously.

How do I use medigel in multiplayer? I die, and the word "spacebar" is flashing next to my death timer, I press it, and nothing happens.

Dhal, I love you, never change.

Also, as the man above me said: Keep pressing spacebar to slow down your bleeding out and Medigel is default on "7" in the power bar. If you have medigel, there should actually be a little prompt popping up saying "Press 7 to use medigel".

I have like 40+ medigel because I've never used one. I have no prompt.

• Options
    Sometimes the prompt takes a while to appear.

World's best janitor
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    lu tze wrote: »

I've never seen anything other than spacebar flashing.

Be nice if they told you what the spacebar does.

• Options
    Be we know what the spacebar does already... fucking everything!

Just at the wrong time.

World's best janitor
  • Options

Do you have hints disabled?

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options

I think I disabled them for singleplayer.

Also my spacebar doesn't do anything in normal gameplay

I have the Use/Cover/Sprint rebound to E and Shift - Shift for Sprint and Cover and E for Use, like any proper FPS that isn't designed by retards.

• Options

I have the Use/Cover/Sprint rebound to E and Shift - Shift for Sprint and Cover and E for Use, like any proper FPS that isn't designed by retards.

Did you do this via changing the files?
    I think I read somewhere that you can get banned for that.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options

Did you do this via changing the files?
    I think I read somewhere that you can get banned for that.

No I just set E as the primary and Shift as the alternate. Both keys perform all functions. But I don't use E to sprint or Shift to use.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I have no idea how it works for PC, but for the 360, there's just an omnipresent HUD of the control pad off to the side with all the items on it, medigel mapped to down. When you die, you just hit down at any time to pop back up. There's no prompting of anything. Well, except for the "Hit A to die slower" prompt, that is.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    gjaustin wrote: »
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    I just failed another bronze match on wave 10 because everyone ran in separate directions instead of heading to the objectives. Then no one will revive each other and I'm suddenly left fighting a ton of Cerberus by myself. And I still out survived for a long ass time.

How do people die so easy?

I've noticed that random pubbies almost never use cover. They just stand there like morons, or violently jerk around, trying to run somewhere they won't get shot. Which produces mixed results at best.

I actually don't use sticky cover a decent amount of the time. Unless you're trying to hide behind a chest-high wall, taking cover only gives you a minor bonus to accuracy.

It's useful, but it the second or so it takes to leave cover can get you killed by something that charges you.

The thing I find irritating about cover is that it's sometimes hard to get away from it. I tend to stand next to cover, and physically dodge-roll back and forth to avoid damage whenever possible, because there have been so many times where I'm in cover, and someone comes to flush me out ... and I just can't get off the damn wall. Or I'll have a target in my sights while I'm in cover, and when I pull the power trigger, the character leans out of cover, pulling the sights away from the target, and the power veers off course into nothing.

The worst thing, though, is that the button you use to run, pick up dead teammates, activate objectives, etc, is the same button you use to take cover. So many times, I'm standing right next to a fallen teammate, and I just can't pick him up, because my character keeps taking cover on the wall. Or I'll be running away from a Banshee that's teleporting after me, and I'll inexplicably take cover against a low wall or something, and I can't get off ... then it's pretty much stab-chest.

This right here. Surely there has to be some way to split up the functionality. Even though I reload obsessively, I'd gladly move the reload command to the right stick click and then have the A button run/revive while the X button grabs cover. Nothing makes me feel worse than trying to evade a Banshee, accidentally stick to cover, then accidentally grab another cover as I try to unstick myself. It makes me feel as though I've never played before, even though it's been going on since the first Gears of War.