As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Ok, I didn't really like shotgun sneak attack infiltrator.

But that's probably because the only decent shotguns I have are lvl1, and super heavy. Thus killing my cooldowns. So not only do I have to wait forever for cloaking, but I also can't really burst things down like I think I should be for the playstyle.

I did enjoy sniping, but I have the shitty common sniper rifle with 1 shot before reloading.

I can relate to that. I promoted my infiltrator because the game would rather disappear in some CIA detainment camp then give me another sniper rifle--any sniper rifle.

I've resolved to let it sit until the game changes its mind. Seems reasonable.

• ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    Did we ever hear how we did on Op: Raptor?

Target was 150k, we collectively promoted 350k.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Ender wrote: »
    Did we ever hear how we did on Op: Raptor?

Target was 150k, we collectively promoted 350k.

We should each get two victory packs.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    I deserve extra commendation packs, because I deserve a Valiant X

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I was really underwhelmed by the Phaeston. Scoped it's not so bad, but you have to pound on even trash mobs for a couple of seconds to put them down.

Yea... I saw a bunch of people using the Phaeston and I figured I'd give it a go and it was... so... bad. I only have a IV or V though, so maybe it improves dramatically vs the Geth Rifle later?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I was really underwhelmed by the Phaeston. Scoped it's not so bad, but you have to pound on even trash mobs for a couple of seconds to put them down.

Yea... I saw a bunch of people using the Phaeston and I figured I'd give it a go and it was... so... bad. I only have a IV or V though, so maybe it improves dramatically vs the Geth Rifle later?

It's an upgrade in every area over the Avenger, except in weight and reload time.

The Geth rifle does papercuts for damage, but is pretty much a laser-accurate hose.

Dalantia on
    steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    I'm not sure what I'll end up using as an AR in MP. I used the chakram launcher for SP, and that's not in MP. Loved the chunk-chunk-chunk thump-thump-thump as you fired and the disks exploded.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    The Phaeston is great on the Turian Soldier with all the stability and accuracy upgrades.

I dont really have any of the high rate of fire ARs though.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Orca wrote: »

It's going to take ... forever to get that Valiant X, lol. I love that weapon, but I've actually been using the Black Widow a lot lately. Because of its natural armor pen, you can get away with not using the penetration mod. That frees me up to use the extra magazines mod, along with my extended barrel. It's a little slower than the Valiant, obviously, but that thing hits like an absolute truck. I've been scoring around 90-100k on average in Silver games recently, and with the BW, I score around 60-75k. So, that leads me to believe it's a little less effective overall, but I still love that gun.

[edit] I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't think the Valiant is that much better than the Black Widow (and the Widow, since it's comparable to the BW). They require some different strategies, but they're all really effective. I wouldn't stress too much over the Valiant, if it doesn't unlock.

milk ducks on
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »

It's going to take ... forever to get that Valiant X, lol.

Do we know what the chances are of getting an N7 item in a normal Spectre pack? I mean, my jaw kinda fell open when I got the Paladin in one, because I thought they were challenge weekend only sorta things.

• ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    I've got the standard AR up to a V, and nothing else has gone higher, so I just keep using it.

It's lightweight, and satisfying to shoot. Feels good on the Turian Sentinel.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    In trying to make sense of the completely nonsensical, I did happen to think that maybe the thing with the Normandy was supposed to be Joker discovering a garden world very near earth, thus assuaging players' fears that everyone would starve to death. Or perhaps just offering humans a new earth to populate, since the old one is decimated. So Joker sends a message to earth telling them about this amazing nearby planet within FTL that is just waiting for them! The alliance immediately sends a rescue team, as well as researchers to check out the viability of colonizing the new planet. At least, I think that's what they were going for.

It's less of a mystery than you think.
    The planet is Zorya, the one on Zaeed's loyalty mission. Does this skybox look familiar to you?

5042593786_5da674485c.jpg

Zorya also has a dextro population since there were turian mercs there, so there should be food for Tali and Garrus.

Ehhhhh, I don't think that they are intentionally referencing a known planet.
    Just like with the Joker animation, it's just another sign they didn't have much time to slap that together. I think they needed a jungle planet for Joker to discover, didn't have much time, so reused stuff they already had.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular

Do we know what the chances are of getting an N7 item in a normal Spectre pack? I mean, my jaw kinda fell open when I got the Paladin in one, because I thought they were challenge weekend only sorta things.

There's N7 rarity items (e.g. Paladin) that you can get in Spectre packs. Then there's the N7 named items (e.g. Valiant) that you can only get in Commendation packs.

The chance of the first one is low (5-10%) and the chance of the latter is either 100% (Commendation) or 0% (everything else).

• TejsTejs Registered User regular

But that's probably because the only decent shotguns I have are lvl1, and super heavy. Thus killing my cooldowns. So not only do I have to wait forever for cloaking, but I also can't really burst things down like I think I should be for the playstyle.

I did enjoy sniping, but I have the shitty common sniper rifle with 1 shot before reloading.

The Claymore is the heaviest of Shotguns and was what I was using. My cooldowns were not significantly slow as far as I remember. Then again, I darn near killed anything I came in contact with in one shot, so it was a non issue. Using the Armor Penetration and +Damage mods.

Tejs wrote: »

The Claymore is the heaviest of Shotguns and was what I was using. My cooldowns were not significantly slow as far as I remember. Then again, I darn near killed anything I came in contact with in one shot, so it was a non issue. Using the Armor Penetration and +Damage mods.

My preferred Shotgun for Infiltrators is the Geth Plasma Shotgun.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    In the beginning of ME3, do we know what city that is (where Shepard is being held and meets the Alliance council)? Is it just generic future human city, or is there some lore or some mention of it in the game? I don't recall if that information is in the codex or not.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    In the beginning of ME3, do we know what city that is (where Shepard is being held and meets the Alliance council)? Is it just generic future human city, or is there some lore or some mention of it in the game? I don't recall if that information is in the codex or not.

Vancouver. Capital of earth?

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    edited April 2012

There's N7 Rarity (Ultra Rare) and then there are the actual N7 event items. As I've been told, I shall tell! They're two different things.

I got a Paladin too from a Spectre thing though. :p

edit: just noticed somebody else posted that already. sorry.

tastydonuts on

Isn't it Vancouver?

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, it's Vancouver.
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    In trying to make sense of the completely nonsensical, I did happen to think that maybe the thing with the Normandy was supposed to be Joker discovering a garden world very near earth, thus assuaging players' fears that everyone would starve to death. Or perhaps just offering humans a new earth to populate, since the old one is decimated. So Joker sends a message to earth telling them about this amazing nearby planet within FTL that is just waiting for them! The alliance immediately sends a rescue team, as well as researchers to check out the viability of colonizing the new planet. At least, I think that's what they were going for.

The planet is Zorya, the one on Zaeed's loyalty mission. Does this skybox look familiar to you?

Zorya also has a dextro population since there were turian mercs there, so there should be food for Tali and Garrus.

Just like with the Joker animation, it's just another sign they didn't have much time to slap that together. I think they needed a jungle planet for Joker to discover, didn't have much time, so reused stuff they already had.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it's
    Zorya, because that's about as far from Earth as Rannoch and would require multiple relay jumps to reach. They just reused a skybox.

It's not Joker discovering a garden world, some of which they could already reach with FTL, to tell everyone else about because the stargazer scene seems to take place on the same planet generations later and they still dream of space travel.
    gjaustin wrote: »

It really is amazing. I fear the nerf bat today.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Is there any word on when PS3 will get its Operation Raptor? Or if next weekend's new op will be on PS3?

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I suspected that (cuz you know, Bioware), but where is mentioned that Vancouver is the capital? Do they say it in the game at some point, or one of the previous games? A lot of the details are locked away somewhere in my head.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it's Vancouver.

Zorya, because that's about as far from Earth as Rannoch and would require multiple relay jumps to reach. They just reused a skybox.

It's not Joker discovering a garden world, some of which they could already reach with FTL, to tell everyone else about because the stargazer scene seems to take place on the same planet generations later and they still dream of space travel.

It really is amazing. I fear the nerf bat today.

Uh, that's not how I read that part.
    I mean that part was vague enough to be interpreted any way you want (which is a fucking theme in that horrible ending), but the way I read his line is that he's telling the kid he'll get to go into space when he's older, rather than suggesting that they don't have space flight.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Is there any word on when PS3 will get its Operation Raptor? Or if next weekend's new op will be on PS3?

They're still working on it. It's more so Sony's security things than Bioware, as I understand the issue though.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

Yeah, it's Vancouver.

Some creepy old man calls you my sweet, you would want to get off that rock as quickly as possible.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

There's N7 rarity items (e.g. Paladin) that you can get in Spectre packs. Then there's the N7 named items (e.g. Valiant) that you can only get in Commendation packs.

The chance of the first one is low (5-10%) and the chance of the latter is either 100% (Commendation) or 0% (everything else).

I understand now. Kinda confusing, though.

My Quariinfiltrator loves her some Paladin. It's like a sniper rifle that lets her use her powers sometimes!

I mean that part was vague enough to be interpreted any way you want (which is a fucking theme in that horrible ending), but the way I read his line is that he's telling the kid he'll get to go into space when he's older, rather than suggesting that they don't have space flight.

Yeah, looking at the lines I suppose that's equally possible.
    I just felt the "one day," and "what will be there?" combined with Buzz Aldrin sounded a lot more wistfully speculative than would fit for people with easy space travel like the Mass Effect universe is accustomed to, although maybe that's just a sign that they still don't have replacement relays however much later this is.

6 gigs of clarifying DLC!

s7Imn5J.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular

I just felt the "one day," and "what will be there?" combined with Buzz Aldrin sounded a lot more wistfully speculative than would fit for people with easy space travel like the Mass Effect universe is accustomed to, although maybe that's just a sign that they still don't have replacement relays however much later this is.

Lots of wistful speculation

• Brian KrakowBrian Krakow Registered User regular
    So I guess now that I've taken my femshep through all three games I should probably do a play through as manshep. But, Mark Meer, ugh. Also ME1 gameplay, ugh.

Well apparently there's a script note on that part that someone found saying
    It's around 10k years on the future. The loss of the mass relays certainly threw everyone for a loop, but I doubt it would take more than 10,000 years for galactic civilization to be restored.

The one thing I really, really hope gets patched soon is the import bug. Seriously. I had to work hard to make my Femshep into an attractive example of Homo sapiens, and it's even tougher to recreate her from scratch. Every time I think about starting my renegade run I decide not to because maybe they'll have it fixed soon and I'll waste my time making a bad facsimile of Jane Shepard, but now I'm halfway through the game and don't want to start over.

edited April 2012
    There's a new blog up with John Dombrow. There's nothing super interesting in there except one note that amuses me, but now you know the name of the guy who wrote Garrus, Javik, Tuchanka less Mordin, and the genophage arc for ME3.
    It's around 10k years on the future. The loss of the mass relays certainly threw everyone for a loop, but I doubt it would take more than 10,000 years for galactic civilization to be restored.
    So it was just supposed to be a totally random pair on a random planet in which there's (likely) normal ME travel? Man, I like that even less than the thing I thought it was, because I like the idea of a stranded group making their own society with the remnants of the larger one, just not the who and how of it.

And how does a kid look a little asari, a little human? Aren't all asari kids asari?

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

It's going to take ... forever to get that Valiant X, lol. I love that weapon, but I've actually been using the Black Widow a lot lately. Because of its natural armor pen, you can get away with not using the penetration mod. That frees me up to use the extra magazines mod, along with my extended barrel. It's a little slower than the Valiant, obviously, but that thing hits like an absolute truck. I've been scoring around 90-100k on average in Silver games recently, and with the BW, I score around 60-75k. So, that leads me to believe it's a little less effective overall, but I still love that gun.

[edit] I guess what I'm getting at is that I don't think the Valiant is that much better than the Black Widow (and the Widow, since it's comparable to the BW). They require some different strategies, but they're all really effective. I wouldn't stress too much over the Valiant, if it doesn't unlock.

Agreed. Compared to the Widow it's just way better. A little less damage, but that's way more than evened out by its three-shot magazine. Not only do you still get the high damage, but you're more efficient against enemies that would take up an entire widow magazine, like a marauder, which you can kill in two black widow shots, and you're better off against assault troopers/cannibals/geth troopers, of which you can take out three per magazine if you don't miss.

Can't compare it to the Valiant though since I don't have it yet. I've read that it's supposed to be inbetween the Mantis and the Viper, and I think both of those aren't bad at all. If it's even better than the Black Widow then I can see why people consider it the best Sniper Rifle.

Blackbird SR-71C on
    steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    There's a new blog up with John Dombrow. There's nothing super interesting in there except one note that amuses me, but now you know the name of the guy who wrote Garrus, Javik, Tuchanka less Mordin, and the genophage arc for ME3.
    So it was just supposed to be a totally random pair on a random planet in which there's (likely) normal ME travel? Man, I like that even less than the thing I thought it was, because I like the idea of a stranded group making their own society with the remnants of the larger one, just not the who and how of it.

And how does a kid look a little asari, a little human? Aren't all asari kids asari?
    ....does this remind anyone else of Warhammer: 40,000? That's like, more or less exactly what goes down.

Also considering humans got from ancient Egypt to FTL travel in 10,000 years...

wut

I think they're just giving a note to the artist
    To make the shape of the person vague enough so that you can't tell with certainty whether it's human, Asari, or some other race. LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE and all that.

To make the shape of the person vague enough so that you can't tell with certainty whether it's human, Asari, or some other race. LOTS OF SPECULATION FOR EVERYONE and all that.

scaredandshyone.jpg

Lots of speculation from everybody

• lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I suspected that (cuz you know, Bioware), but where is mentioned that Vancouver is the capital? Do they say it in the game at some point, or one of the previous games? A lot of the details are locked away somewhere in my head.
    AFAIK Earth still has nation states, there's no planetary capital.

The Systems Alliance has its parliament on Arcturus Station, which is through the Sol relay.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    lu tze wrote: »
    The Systems Alliance has its parliament on Arcturus Station, which is through the Sol relay.
    Not anymore :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'll be on for some matches this evening. Probably a lot of Bronze matches because I need to get all my classes to 20 again. also I just noticed something as I was finishing my 2nd SP playthrough..
    you're gonna hate this. But after I did the Renegade interrupt on Kai Leng, I also did the renegade interrupt on the VI. Shepherd is like Fuck you man, I got this! and walks away. Well, while he's walking away Kai Leng turns his head it looks like and opens his eyes and watches him. Seriously, bitch didn't die?!

Edit: Also I think Vancouver is the capital of the North American States, Looks like Washington got destroyed or messed up pretty bad during the 2nd American Civil War (Which ended shortly before the Prothean Ruins were discovered on Mars.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I'll be on for some matches this evening. Probably a lot of Bronze matches because I need to get all my classes to 20 again. also I just noticed something as I was finishing my 2nd SP playthrough..
    you're gonna hate this. But after I did the Renegade interrupt on Kai Leng, I also did the renegade interrupt on the VI. Shepherd is like Fuck you man, I got this! and walks away. Well, while he's walking away Kai Leng turns his head it looks like and opens his eyes and watches him. Seriously, bitch didn't die?!

Edit: Also I think Vancouver is the capital of the North American States, Looks like Washington got destroyed or messed up pretty bad during the 2nd American Civil War (Which ended shortly before the Prothean Ruins were discovered on Mars.

Spoiler say whaaaaat? I never saw that! Maybe this time.

dN0T6ur.png