As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• DefsterDefster Registered User regular
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to Pax East? I will be there all 3 days if anyone wants to meet up!

I will be there all weekend, along with TheThreeMagi and YoSoyElJosh. I don't know if you remember them, they only played for maybe two weeks before quitting.

I'm getting excited. PAX is awesome.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Whoah whoah wait, there are cats now? And creepers are scared of em?

Hello gamechanger.

Oh brilliant
  • JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ferret wrote: »
    P.s. Also none of your work will matter once drunk town consumes all.
    p.s.s I need a redstone technician and a organic builder to come to me and discuss the plausibility of a giant pooping butt hanging from a mountain.

(Just quoting this one for convenience)
    As for drunk town - is there anything we know about it besides the approximate time it'll be created?
    My only suggestions are the first building being the (glorious) bar. Or liquor store.
    Oh, and every day we have a different mayor. I'm picturing the most perfect drunken mess...

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FRsX9_MqwQ
    From 0:24 on is the guts of this machine. (hehe) I think just from the video I could do this, at least the redstone part.

JpsCrazy on
  • PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Hey guys, I know i've only popped in a couple times over the last week or so, but it's because I've been trying to plan some massive reworks to my base. Right now it's something I kind of haphazardly put together. I think I've got a plan now though, so expect to see me back on in the next few days

• superapsuperap Registered User regular
    nuka wrote: »
    Though we can still have a city in the old location I have moved the Ocelotl teleport to the new one.

Silly question: is there an active teleport to the old location?

• VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    I tried logging on to the server just now, and have been getting some awful lag (about 14 seconds between clicking on a chest and opening it), which hasn't happened before. I've tried logging in and out, and reinstalling completely, but I'm at a loss :/

Also, I tried the updated Freeducks and Frostheim texture packs, the water/fire textures are all screwed up for me? WHY IS EVERYTHING WRONG HERE, GUYS?

• Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    Freeducks and Frostheim have Higher Ds than the default textures and require the use of a patcher to support them.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-124-125update-328-mcpatcher-hd-fix-235-01/

• The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Some people are experiencing a bizarre amount of lag since the update and I'm kind of at a loss to explain it. It appears to be linked to item use in one instance - I'm not sure if yours is as well Vegemyte. I'm keeping an eye on the MC forums and bukkit but so far I haven't seen anything similar reported there. I'll let you guys know if I find something.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • CabbsCabbs Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Vegemyte wrote: »
    I tried logging on to the server just now, and have been getting some awful lag (about 14 seconds between clicking on a chest and opening it), which hasn't happened before. I've tried logging in and out, and reinstalling completely, but I'm at a loss :/

Also, I tried the updated Freeducks and Frostheim texture packs, the water/fire textures are all screwed up for me? WHY IS EVERYTHING WRONG HERE, GUYS?

I've been having a similar lag issue since the server updated, but I find it goes away if I sit there for a while and let the surrounding chunks slowly load, which seems to take longer than before. After a while everything I tried 'snaps back' to normal, and its fine until I move a hundred or so feet and, presumably, more new chunks start to load.

EDIT: Or I could be entirely wrong.

Cabbs on
  • VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    Freeducks and Frostheim have Higher Ds than the default textures and require the use of a patcher to support them.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/232701-124-125update-328-mcpatcher-hd-fix-235-01/

Thank you!

The lag has dropped back down now to a normal-ish level, for some odd reason.

• AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    What's even happening in this game anymore?

• FerretFerret Registered User regular
    JpsCrazy wrote: »
    P.s. Also none of your work will matter once drunk town consumes all.
    p.s.s I need a redstone technician and a organic builder to come to me and discuss the plausibility of a giant pooping butt hanging from a mountain.

(Just quoting this one for convenience)
    As for drunk town - is there anything we know about it besides the approximate time it'll be created?
    My only suggestions are the first building being the (glorious) bar. Or liquor store.
    Oh, and every day we have a different mayor. I'm picturing the most perfect drunken mess...

Also:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FRsX9_MqwQ
    From 0:24 on is the guts of this machine. (hehe) I think just from the video I could do this, at least the redstone part.

Whoever the drunkest person online is, that is the mayor. I shall post my mission statement in a couple of hours when i'm done with my daily tasks

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • SinterSinter Registered User regular
    Defster wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to Pax East? I will be there all 3 days if anyone wants to meet up!

I will be there all weekend, along with TheThreeMagi and YoSoyElJosh. I don't know if you remember them, they only played for maybe two weeks before quitting.

I'm getting excited. PAX is awesome.

I'll be there too! I have a 3-day pass, but have to work on Friday, but I'll be there for the concerts that night.

• Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular

Jungle cats.

• IngramIngram there was only Rage Kage Registered User regular
    Drinking games are needed for drunk city.
    Fall off a building, you take a drink.
    Every time a creeper explodes, everybody drinks.
    Somebody starves to death. Everybody finish your drink.

jswidget.php?username=ingram_&numitems=9&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    So, if people would like to help me out in tracking down the lag problems and murdering them, it would be really useful to have the following information when you report lag:

1) Is the lag server or client based? Server based lag is gravity blocks falling very slowly and boats being slow to respond to direction changes. Client based lag is very low FPS, chat freezing or refusing to send your messages, or the game stuttering.

2) Are you running Optifine? (if you don't know if you are and you aren't using a JAR given to you by someone else, you are not running optifine)

3) Do you have Advanced OpenGL enabled under Video Settings?

4) If the lag is occasional rather than constant, where does it occur?

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    Drunken minecraft mission statement

As many of you know a server invent including drunk community building was proposed awhile back and due to the generally positive response I decided to flesh out the idea.

The event basic concept would be a server gathering where everybody is drunk (possibly on vent) and everyone helps build one massive object(or several slightly smaller objects, ultimately its all up to what drunk group think decides at the time).The object will not be planned in advance and will not follow any theme unless drunk hive mind feels it should at the time.

The purpose of this post is to declare my serious intent on making this happen, Judging community enthusiasm, and getting information from you all on how to go about fleshing out the idea further.

What we need
    A name:
    A catchy name for people to easily remember so far we have; B.U.I(building under the influence),Beercraft and Festival of the drunken creeper. I would really like more ideas on a name and the community to come to a consensus on which is best.

A DATE:
    The Date will be very important for this even, as getting trashed and playing minecraft isn't something everyone can do at the drop of the hat, This date will be on a weekend after everyone's college lets out act so probably late april or early may. It will most likely be on a friday for those of you have church on sunday or work on monday. As with the name I'd like to hear when all of your colleges close for the summer and what time and exact date you feel is best.

A Location:
    With this new patch this part should be easy. Distance is not an issue as we shall have easy transit built by the time of the event. However it needs to be nice and easy for drunk people to build around (No forests). It also needs to be far enough away from civilization that if we create a blocky abomination it will not ruin someone's skyline. I'll be on the lookout for nice areas, anyone else that has a good location PM me and i will come up with a list of possible candidate areas for the server to decide on.

Supplies:
    This event won't last very long If everyone only just brings what they can carry. Someone will forget something or run out of something and then attempt to return home, next time we see them the'll be in Farlands.
    During the time leading up to the event, a community staging area should be built near the location for supplies to be massed. (Your still encouraged to bring your own.)

FINAL NOTES:
    You might be asking me why all this plans for a night of chaotic shenanigans? well my history of planning drunken events has lead me to the conclusion that every single boring thing must be planned out in advance for a drunken event to succeed.
    Also I realize some of you either are not old enough or may just abstain from alcohol, This is fine for the event you can still come and embrace the debauchery, however this leads me to my final topic

!!DRUNK TOWN!!:
    Once the event is over , we will be left with some abomination and not much else but good memories. So depending on the eventual size and attendance of the even I propose whatever is built during the event become the center of a new town called simply "Drunk Town". However unlike the event you will be required to be at least tipsy to even build in this area (shitfaced preferred) . and the mayor shall be whoever is drunkest at the time.

If you wish to help me in the organization and planning of the event send me a pm or yell at me in game FERRET OUT.

And no damn deserts!

• LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    Fleshing....out ideas.....

Fleshy....

Good luck being more shitfaced than I will be!!! :D:D:D

Vote Laikka for mayor! I have sake and bloody marys!

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    :O I can't wait! I will sk for that day off lol whenever we find out what it is. I'm thinking it should start at around....8pm PST what do you thinK? Cause for the east coast it won't be tooooo late and then the west coast won't be missing out due to work or drinking at 5pm lol.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Crowbawt wrote: »
    I guess it really depends on what other people wanna do. My idea is the Aztec/Mayan temple city, which would be deep in a jungle, with stone paths and tunnels and ruins throughout. This by no means has to be a private project if other people are interested in that sort of thing to help build, that's just what I had in mind Ocelotl to be.

I do like the newer jungle better overall although that's just my opinion!

So it depends on if other people are interested in the Mayan/Aztec/Inca aesthetic or if they would rather build a different sort of jungle city separate. I'm also fine with Ocelotl being part of a larger city with different stylistic sections too, as long as the deep jungle temples are allowed to be made. Really, it's up to what everyone would like better, I don't want to exclude people!

I hope that makes sense, I'm bad at saying what I want to say.

I like the mayan theme, I love building that stuff. I might help ya out with it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited April 2012
    Long reply post about Drunk Town. (Trying to keep the forum clean looking, y'know?)
    Ingram wrote: »
    I really, really like this idea.
    What we need
    A name:
    A catchy name for people to easily remember so far we have; B.U.I(building under the influence),Beercraft and Festival of the drunken creeper. I would really like more ideas on a name and the community to come to a consensus on which is best.
    B.U.I is my favorite of the those three.
    Suggestion: The Inebriated Masons
    A DATE:
    The Date will be very important for this even, as getting trashed and playing minecraft isn't something everyone can do at the drop of the hat, This date will be on a weekend after everyone's college lets out act so probably late april or early may. It will most likely be on a friday for those of you have church on sunday or work on monday. As with the name I'd like to hear when all of your colleges close for the summer and what time and exact date you feel is best.
    I'm thinking it should start at around....8pm PST what do you thinK? Cause for the east coast it won't be tooooo late and then the west coast won't be missing out due to work or drinking at 5pm lol.
    The semester ends the second week of May for me - but I drink more frequently in college, and would still prefer it late April, early May. Some Friday at ~8pm PST sounds good.
    A Location:
    With this new patch this part should be easy. Distance is not an issue as we shall have easy transit built by the time of the event. However it needs to be nice and easy for drunk people to build around (No forests). It also needs to be far enough away from civilization that if we create a blocky abomination it will not ruin someone's skyline. I'll be on the lookout for nice areas, anyone else that has a good location PM me and i will come up with a list of possible candidate areas for the server to decide on.
    Depending on how much space we need/how far away from life we want to be:
    bPoyT.jpg
    Supplies:
    This event won't last very long If everyone only just brings what they can carry. Someone will forget something or run out of something and then attempt to return home, next time we see them the'll be in Farlands.
    During the time leading up to the event, a community staging area should be built near the location for supplies to be massed. (Your still encouraged to bring your own.)
    I'm willing to donate a bunch of supplies.
    Also: Rules about what kind of materials and things we can use may be needed. I just see Obsidian, TNT, lava, etc as being more destructive than constructive. (We don't want drunk people getting too angry, now do we?)
    FINAL NOTES:
    You might be asking me why all this plans for a night of chaotic shenanigans? well my history of planning drunken events has lead me to the conclusion that every single boring thing must be planned out in advance for a drunken event to succeed.
    Also I realize some of you either are not old enough or may just abstain from alcohol, This is fine for the event you can still come and embrace the debauchery, however this leads me to my final topic

!!DRUNK TOWN!!:
    Once the event is over , we will be left with some abomination and not much else but good memories. So depending on the eventual size and attendance of the even I propose whatever is built during the event become the center of a new town called simply "Drunk Town". However unlike the event you will be required to be at least tipsy to even build in this area (shitfaced preferred) . and the mayor shall be whoever is drunkest at the time.

If you wish to help me in the organization and planning of the event send me a pm or yell at me in game FERRET OUT.
    The planning, and aftermath of Drunk Town sounds pretty good to me. I'd love to be able to be a big part of this, planning and everything, if that would be possible.

I do have some questions. You have to be drinking to build in Drunk Town, so is it going to be completely community based with no permanent residents? We just can share whatever rooms available (no worries about being too drunk to find your home!) and with the rotating position of Mayor (who will need a lovely office) we won't have to worry about personal belongings too much.
    Also: ...are the non-participating people on the server going to deal with our drunken chatter? Possible to have a separate channel for the people in Drunk Town to talk on? Or just assume this has been posted on the forum and leave it up to the players to decide if they want to be on during Drunk Town?

Sorry it's not a personal message like you asked Ferret! I just wanted some of these ideas to get reviewed by other people

JpsCrazy on

Jungle cats.

Like, I popped my head in Ispawnbul and people were talking about level grinding and enchantments and I teleported to a giant map of the earth and read signs and only recognized like 3 names and

edited April 2012
    Long reply post about Drunk Town. (Trying to keep the forum clean looking, y'know?)
    Ingram wrote: »
    I really, really like this idea.
    What we need
    A name:
    B.U.I is my favorite of the those three.
    Suggestion: The Inebriated Masons
    A DATE:
    I'm thinking it should start at around....8pm PST what do you thinK? Cause for the east coast it won't be tooooo late and then the west coast won't be missing out due to work or drinking at 5pm lol.
    The semester ends the second week of May for me - but I drink more frequently in college, and would still prefer it late April, early May. Some Friday at ~8pm PST sounds good.
    A Location:
    bPoyT.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/bPoyT.jpg[/img] looks like a good candidate, I'll go investigate it later.

TNT would probably be a banned block, However as far as everything else goes, All The Building blocks, tools to alter the land, Torches to ward off creepers,wood, food etc etc

Drunk town is still a ways off and honestly that drunken rule will probably not last. Yes we do have a channel mod but it is currently out of date.

Ferret on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular

Jungle cats.

Like, I popped my head in Ispawnbul and people were talking about level grinding and enchantments and I teleported to a giant map of the earth and read signs and only recognized like 3 names and

When was the last time you played? Things have changed quite a bit and aside from the admins who are constant the playerbase tends to change steadily as people burn out.

hLeTR.png
    edited April 2012
    Ignore this foul double post

Ferret on
  • IngramIngram there was only Rage Kage Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    bPoyT.jpg
    This is close to my island. I am like directly east (?) on that map. If it is decided this location is suitable I can run a branch off my underground rail out under the ocean and come above ground at the coast. So ferrying supplies would be easier before the momentous occasion.

Ingram on
    jswidget.php?username=ingram_&numitems=9&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&addstyles=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    There is a player already situated on that continent need to see how they feel about drunk people being so close.

edited April 2012
    Note: I did section off a second, larger, more deserted area in the bottom right.
    bPoyT.jpg

JpsCrazy on

Jungle cats.

When was the last time you played? Things have changed quite a bit and aside from the admins who are constant the playerbase tends to change steadily as people burn out.

The last time I put any serious hours in was when the map still had a border just, uh, north? of the spawn city.

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Jungle cats.

The last time I put any serious hours in was when the map still had a border just, uh, north? of the spawn city.

Ah ok, a lot has changed since then, the big ones being potions and enchantments. Potions can be brewed using mob drops primarily from the nether while enchantments can be applied to either armor or weapons using xp you have collected from killing mobs. People built xp grinders to get high level enchantments because its takes far, far too much time to hit the level cap in the traditional way.

edit: Another note about enchantments, they are randomly applied. So you select the item you want enchanted and then are given a choice of 3 different exp levels to spend on the enchantment. If you dont want to spend any of those amounts then you can take the item out and put it back in to get another 3 choices. After you find the right amount of exp you want to spend you select that option and it enchants your weapon with at least 1 random enchantment, possibly more.

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    Working on a "small broken boat" design. But I never design anything. This be my first attempt. Thoughs?
    broke_boat.png

Huh...
  • IsaIsa Registered User regular
    I don't really have anything to contribute to the idea but I am SO excited for drunk town event you don't even know.

• eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Drunk Town..... not a fan of that idea.

eldercore on
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    well you are clearly from the enemy province of buzzkill city

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    eldercore wrote: »
    can Drunk Town have a building devoted to drunk fathers that beat their wife and/or child?
    can it have a giant bloody car in the middle of the city celebrating all of the people killed by awesome drunk drivers?
    is someone going to build a tall building (to height limit) and call it Date Rape Hotel?

you sure got a lot of issues, huh

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Wow okay I'm pretty sure that Drunk Town falls well within the realm of sensible and responsible drinking but hey, okay I guess not?

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    nope you're a wife-beating drunk-driving raper

eldercore wrote: »
    can Drunk Town have a building devoted to drunk fathers that beat their wife and/or child?
    can it have a giant bloody car in the middle of the city celebrating all of the people killed by awesome drunk drivers?
    is someone going to build a tall building (to height limit) and call it Date Rape Hotel?

Overreaction: you're doing it right.

• RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    Welp. Now we all know who the least fun person on the forums is

that guy right there

This discussion has been closed.