As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Pre-PAX East 2012 Gaming Night - Thursday, April 5, 2012 - Westin Waterfront Hotel

• Options
    KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    Ohh and i just read the rules for Cards Against Humanity. I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • Options
    OccamsRZROccamsRZR BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    Kail wrote: »
    Ohh and i just read the rules for Cards Against Humanity. I NEED TO PLAY THIS GAME!

I'll be bringing it and since you're a fellow deadpool fan, you're going to have to play. I will not take no for an answer. Also, I'm going to Kinkos to get some blank cards printed up so that I can get everyone I play with at PAX to fill one out and sign their email/forum ID.

• Options
    rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    OccamsRZR wrote: »

I'll be bringing it and since you're a fellow deadpool fan, you're going to have to play. I will not take no for an answer. Also, I'm going to Kinkos to get some blank cards printed up so that I can get everyone I play with at PAX to fill one out and sign their email/forum ID.

Oooh, this sounds fun. I mean, I was already going to be looking for a Cards Against Humanity group to join, but I think now I'mma be keeping an eye out for yours.

• Options
    ukiyo eukiyo e Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Whoops wrong thread.

ukiyo e on
    1EAFQ.gif
  • Options
    OccamsRZR wrote: »

Awesome! I'll make sure i'm there. Just make sure you save a spot for me!

VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • Options
    Awesome! I'll make sure i'm there. Just make sure you save a spot for me!

The game is for 20+ people and there isn't much structure to it. So anyone can join at any time and not feel left out. Its mostly a game just for the LOLs which is nice.

• Options
    LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Update from the Westin Manager:
    1. The hotel will leave the gaming tables in the Mezzanine Area all weekend for our enjoyment.
    2. There will be no table service on the mezzanine, but we're welcome to walk down to the bar to fetch food & drinks ourselves.

Update from The Voice of Experience (aka, not the hotel):
    1. Be discreet with outside, um... items.

2. There's no rule against bringing your own food.

3. Alcohol is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel unless it's sold by the bar (this is about federal alcohol regs, not about being dicks). That said, there probably won't be any hotel-employed babysitters on the mezzanine. While this is still true, better to err on the side of responsibility and not do anything that could cause problems.

4. Be cool, be like Jules:
    "Come on, Yolanda! What's Fonzie like?"
    "Cool."
    "Correctamundo. And that's what we're gonna be like--we're gonna be cool."

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • Options
    1. The hotel will leave the gaming tables in the Mezzanine Area all weekend for our enjoyment.
    2. There will be no table service on the mezzanine, but we're welcome to walk down to the bar to fetch food & drinks ourselves.

3. Alcohol is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel unless it's sold by the bar (this is about federal alcohol regs, not about being dicks). That said, there probably won't be any hotel-employed babysitters on the mezzanine.
    "Cool."

Great News! Nice to see PAX and the surrounding businesses working together. Glad Westin is a short walk from Seaport!

VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    3. Alcohol is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel unless it's sold by the bar (this is about federal alcohol regs, not about being dicks). That said, there probably won't be any hotel-employed babysitters on the mezzanine.

While there may not be any employees watching over us, I'm almost certain the hotel does have security cameras, so bringing in outside alcoholic beverages is highly inadvisable. I'd love to see this event continue for years to come. :]

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    ottoman673 wrote: »

While there may not be any employees watching over us, I'm almost certain the hotel does have security cameras, so bringing in outside alcoholic beverages is highly inadvisable. I'd love to see this event continue for years to come. :]

agreed. they are being kind enough to accommodate us, let's be gracious and show our appreciation.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    Also agreed - original note amended.

• Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    Wow this sure sounds like fun! I am not that familiar with these games but would love to try if you guys are willing to teach an old dog some new tricks.

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    Gumbyx84Gumbyx84 Registered User regular
    I going to do my best to stop by for at least a few hours. I'm bringing my copy of Back to the Future. Its a dumbed down version of Chrononauts but is still a blast to play. Just for random LOLs, I'm bringing two of my best Dragon Ball Z CCG decks if anyone wants to try the game out as well as my Yu-Gi-Oh deck. I plan on buying a few new games (Locke and Key being on of them) and invite anyone who wants to try them out to hunt me down in the handheld lounge or tabletop area. I'll be the random guy with a neon green scarf. :)

• Options
    shibasshibas Registered User new member
    How late will people be around for this?

• Options
    hopefully quite late. also, i very seriously think we should turn this into a pax pajama party, at least for those folks who are actually staying at the westin. it would be so much awesome.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    PuddingSenatorPuddingSenator Registered User regular

3. Alcohol is not allowed in the public areas of the hotel unless it's sold by the bar (this is about federal alcohol regs, not about being dicks). That said, there probably won't be any hotel-employed babysitters on the mezzanine. While this is still true, better to err on the side of responsibility and not do anything that could cause problems.

"Cool."

Awesome! I for one will definitely be showing up Sunday night with a bag o' games for some post-con Gaming. That was one of my favorite parts of the first PAX East and I was very sorry to see the hotel frowning on it last year.

• Options
    shibasshibas Registered User new member
    I'm staying at the Hilton and won't be getting in until 11pm-12ish due to the drive and might stop in.

• Options
    smorggiesmorggie Boston, MARegistered User regular
    YAY! I'll be there Wed night with Munchkin Booty and Munchkin with the Mounts expansion. And I have heard and read about Cards Against Humanity, I've been dying to play it!!

• Options
    Look for the Cookie Brigade sign on one of the tables and stop by for delicious cookies & a chance to earn some good karma on Thursday night! FacelessCog will be available to take donations for Childs Play until around 9:30-ish, then LexiconGrrl will be around after that. We LOVE separating your from your money in the name of charity.

• Options
    Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I was able to get Cards Against Humanity and the Expansion when they re-released on Amazon. There will be plenty of laughter. Just remember this game is not for the easily offended. There are a plethora of sexual related, racist, sacrilegious, and other insane cards.

I will have Munchkin, Munchkin Zombies, Magic: The Gathering EDH decks, We Didn't Play Test This (With all expansions), Hex Hex XL, and Run For Your Life Candyman.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    Oooooooooooooooh boy. This is happening in just 3 days. I am super hyped. All I have left to do is pack my bags.

Does anyone know how big the tables are that we will be using? I am bringing Munchkin Quest with me and it needs a rather large amount of space. When we play it at home we have to use a smallish dinner table and 2 card tables just to house everything

• Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    I am looking forward to this and hopefully learning a new game or two. I'll head to the Westin after the PPD, but unfortunately I'll have to split a little before midnight so I don't miss the subway back to where I am staying.

• Options
    YodaEXEYodaEXE IllinoisRegistered User new member
    This sounds like fun. My friend and I didn't have any plans for Thursday night, so it sounds like this is where we'll be!

• Options
    TerrorTerror Registered User new member
    YodaEXE wrote: »
    This sounds like fun.
    ++ We will be there too.

• Options
    BarkBark Registered User regular
    I just re-read this entire post and I have to say I am super stoked! I may just watch for a while as I am a tabletop noob but the excitement is contagious !

sl1ao1t19fl8.png
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Final list of games I'll have with me!

Miskatonic School For Girls
    7 Wonders
    Kittens in a Blender
    Grimorie
    Bark wrote: »
    I just re-read this entire post and I have to say I am super stoked! I may just watch for a while as I am a tabletop noob but the excitement is contagious !

Just play, that's the only way to learn.

Chorazin on
    Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    Chorazin wrote: »

7 Wonders
    Kittens in a Blender
    Grimorie

i just watched the learn to play video for miskatonic school for girls and i REALLY want to get in on a game! i've never played any deck builders, but it looks like they have made it very simple. save me a spot!

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    tvethiopia wrote: »

7 Wonders
    Kittens in a Blender
    Grimorie

i just watched the learn to play video for miskatonic school for girls and i REALLY want to get in on a game! i've never played any deck builders, but it looks like they have made it very simple. save me a spot!

Yeah I'd like to get in on this one as well.

• Options
    ohthecommotionohthecommotion Registered User regular
    Can't wait to get some pre-PAX Magic games in! I had a ton of fun playing random new games at the Westin last year, too

COME, my tan-faced children,
    Follow well in order, get your weapons ready,
    Have you your pistols? Have you your sharp-edged axes?
    Pioneers! O pioneers!
  • Options
    LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Damn. I'm debating whether I still want to go to this or Pokecrawl... I'd do both but I don't think I'd make a very good tabletop gamer all inebriated-like. ha Are there others who will try to hit up both?

• Options
    LinkSmash wrote: »
    Damn. I'm debating whether I still want to go to this or Pokecrawl... I'd do both but I don't think I'd make a very good tabletop gamer all inebriated-like. ha Are there others who will try to hit up both?

are you kidding? drunken gaming = silly gaming = awesome gaming.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options

haha If you put it that way....

Do you guys know if we can pick up the special PAX badges at either the Pokecrawl/Game night? I can't remember and the thread's been taken down so AH! Can't find that info....luckily I have the questions/answers saved...so long as they didn't change them from when they first released them!

• Options
    Still not sure on the final list of games I'm brining but I will deffinately have Cards Against Humanity with me. I just printed off 1000 blank white cards for people to fill out. I'm probably only going to bring about 300 with me but still. It seems that a lot of people want to play Miskatonic so I'll bring my copy too. My other games will probably be Red November, Gloom, Teichu, Werewolf, The Resistance, Zombie Dice, and Bang!

The reason this list is so long is because its all the games that my group will be bringing to PAX. I'm not some kind of sherpa.

• Options

haha If you put it that way....

Do you guys know if we can pick up the special PAX badges at either the Pokecrawl/Game night? I can't remember and the thread's been taken down so AH! Can't find that info....luckily I have the questions/answers saved...so long as they didn't change them from when they first released them!

assuming you mean the forum badges, the thread is here, it just got bumped to pg 2 with all the chatter going on lately. a quick skim looks like you CAN get badges at the pre-pax dinner and the westin gaming night, but not the pokecrawl.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    ChorazinChorazin Lancaster, PARegistered User regular
    JerYnkFan wrote: »

I certainly will!

Twitter//@chorazin
    Google+//http://gplus.to/chorazin
    FitBit//Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 3823 8527 9997
    Wii U NNID Chorazin
  • Options
    JerYnkFan wrote: »

I certainly will!

Thanks! Guess I know what I'll be doing after the PPD. :)

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular

Google "Kobolds Ate My Baby".

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    assuming you mean the forum badges, the thread is here, it just got bumped to pg 2 with all the chatter going on lately. a quick skim looks like you CAN get badges at the pre-pax dinner and the westin gaming night, but not the pokecrawl.

THANK YOU! I swear I was looking for that thread earlier like crazy and I can't believe I missed it! >.< I'm getting old. haha And sweet! I will drunkenly stop by for some gaming fun! And If I'm not there, well, chances are it was still a fun night for me haha

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    Hey I actually got my Metagame deck in time...anyone wanna give this a shot? I've been interested in it ever since I read about it on Kotaku.

Does anyone else know what this is?

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Man I wish I could get that post back.

Anyway, check the link for the instructions to Munchkin quest

http://www.worldofmunchkin.com/munchkinquest/munchkinquest_rules.pdf

That_Guy on