As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Attention trainers!

If you look at the bar routes, Hard Rock has mysteriously disappeared. This affects Team Yellow the most as this was their starting and ending bar. We are currently working on a solution and will inform you as soon as we find one.

In other patch notes, the Entei challenge has been reworked to bring it more in line with other Legendary Dog encounters.

Thank god! I'm not a fan of the Hard Rock at all!

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »
    Attention trainers!

If you look at the bar routes, Hard Rock has mysteriously disappeared. This affects Team Yellow the most as this was their starting and ending bar. We are currently working on a solution and will inform you as soon as we find one.

In other patch notes, the Entei challenge has been reworked to bring it more in line with other Legendary Dog encounters.

Thank god! I'm not a fan of the Hard Rock at all!

me either, they screwed us last year and wouldn't let blue into it for our last challenge.

wow four green fields is a bit further away than most other bars. Never been there before though.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MxWood wrote: »
    wow four green fields is a bit further away than most other bars. Never been there before though.

We just have to suck it up and get on the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOsdy1ZsXUs

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Maybe we can get @Rdr to lead team yellow via Skype?
    Or else maybe Batman? Is he available?

Without leadership we'll surely be killed and eaten.

I'd volunteer myself, but with me in charge we'd surely be killed and eaten.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    MxWood wrote: »

It's still very close ... The furthest walk between bars is maybe 5 minutes.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
    I shall have a substitute for Hard Rock Cafe no later than 4pm tomorrow. I will also be double-checking with any of the bars that didn't have a manager on duty when I first visited them (I passed out my info packet, but some places didnt contact me)

There are plenty of options in the area, I am not worried. I apologize for the short notice, this situation is entirely my fault.

Red B/Gold Professor

arsonisfun wrote: »
    I shall have a substitute for Hard Rock Cafe no later than 4pm tomorrow. I will also be double-checking with any of the bars that didn't have a manager on duty when I first visited them (I passed out my info packet, but some places didnt contact me)

There are plenty of options in the area, I am not worried. I apologize for the short notice, this situation is entirely my fault.

Did you try Jose Mcintyres? I might be biased though because I love that place.

• forging_realityforging_reality Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Indeed! How dare you do all this work so we can have fun!

In other words: No worries. :) Just let us know.

forging_reality on
  • VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Team Mareep-Silver!

Hey y'all. I volunteered to lead ya. Go easy on me >.>. I promise to make your night fun and safe ^_^. I should be easily distinguishable since my backpack will be a pikachu (it even has bendable ears!) and a pikachu shirt...at least it's an electric type right? Whatever our starting bar is, I will be there early scoping the place so come say hi if ya see me :]

Victoryoftheppl on
    MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Team Mareep-Silver!

Hey y'all. I volunteered to lead ya. Go easy on me >.>. I promise to make your night fun and safe ^_^. I should be easily distinguishable since my backpack will be a pikachu (it even has bendable ears!) and a pikachu shirt...at least it's an electric type right? Whatever our starting bar is, I will be there early scoping the place so come say hi if ya see me :]

It's a good group. @Rdr and I had a lot of fun leading that team last year (I was an impromptu assistant, since some of his assists didn't show).

• Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    Clarke's didn't seem to mind us last year.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm one of the assists for Mareep SilverGold... and I'll be serving your coin-distribution and assassin-badge distribution needs, so I might be running around a wee bit extra :P

edit: My brain was not awake.

Kiashien on
    The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited April 2012
    Maybe we can get @Rdr to lead team yellow via Skype?
    Or else maybe Batman? Is he available?

Without leadership we'll surely be killed and eaten.

I'd volunteer myself, but with me in charge we'd surely be killed and eaten.

Never fear! Team Yellow will survive! A stalwart band of trainers have volunteered to lead you yellow bellied crawlers in to battle... or the auction house. We're still working out the details.

Cheers!

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • frlnfrln Registered User new member
    Crap. Just found out about this. Any way to still sign up?

• University OgreUniversity Ogre Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, good sirs and madames, it is time. Time to head out from my house, do that last shift, and then get to the best part of the year. See you all tomorrow at the mixology department.

University Ogre on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Team Mareep-Silver!

Well... I'll be the guy with the same back-pack... awkward >.>

I've fixed the issues with our routes, posted to the professors/Atlus to verify I didn't do something silly. I'll post the updated routes here shortly, Atlus will update the first post.

TEAM YELLOW - BELL IN HAND WILL BE YOUR FIRST/LAST BAR.

Red B/Gold Professor

• PeasantDavePeasantDave Jersey ShoreRegistered User regular
    One last thing, please remember your IDs as Boston has zero tolerance for that kind of stuff. If you have an out of state ID that is not a driver's licence, you may even want to bring your passport.

I've fixed the issues with our routes, posted to the professors/Atlus to verify I didn't do something silly. I'll post the updated routes here shortly, Atlus will update the first post.

Oh that's cool. The Bell people are super nice.

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.

Does this mean we're doing the bell 3 times? Just checking ;)

Nice, the Bell is a solid choice.

Kiashien wrote: »

Does this mean we're doing the bell 3 times? Just checking ;)

You will spend the entire night there ;)

Nah, I had to shuffle a few of the routes ... It should be all good now :)

Red B/Gold Professor

• UnlnvlslblEUnlnvlslblE Registered User regular
    One last thing, please remember your IDs as Boston has zero tolerance for that kind of stuff. If you have an out of state ID that is not a driver's licence, you may even want to bring your passport.

+1

Some places completely refuse to accept out of state IDs.

• gihzmogihzmo Registered User regular
    I assume this is closed down completely at this point? I had planned to take part in the bar crawl, but I lost track of time and forgot to sign up... damn real life.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So does each team meet up at their first bar? Or do we all meet up somewhere before that?

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Just over 24 Hours until you can all attempt to be the very best, like no one ever was. I look forward to seeing you all there!

+1

Not to rain on RI but most rejected ID's are from Rhode Island. Apparently for a while they had very lax security features on their IDs so they became notorious as fakes in MA.

[img][/img]

+1

Not to rain on RI but most rejected ID's are from Rhode Island. Apparently for a while they had very lax security features on their IDs so they became notorious as fakes in MA.

I ran into that years ago when I lived in RI. The old IDs were basically just a laminated piece of paper, they've updated them to match most other states now.

B4o6XD4.png
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    So does each team meet up at their first bar? Or do we all meet up somewhere before that?

You start at your team's first bar. No place could handle all 400+ of us ...

Red B/Gold Professor

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    what page on this thread are the meetup spots listed? I'm on cyndaquil gold

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    rosaparx wrote: »
    what page on this thread are the meetup spots listed? I'm on cyndaquil gold

Page 1 at the bottom of your team rosters.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Team Mareep-Silver!

Well... I'll be the guy with the same back-pack... awkward >.>

Its OK backpack buddy!

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    I've made some pokeball keychains and earring studs to hopefully get donations flowing. Come and find me at the crawl if you're interested (sorry, no pics). You don't know me yet, but I will be amongst those who cannot be missed on Team Yellow Gold!

TEAM MAREEP GOLD: Your route is: This.

I promise none of it is as far away as it looks- the ENTIRE walking distance is 1.1 miles- easy peasy for Bostonland.

edited April 2012
    I like to double post!

MxWood on
    edited April 2012
    as inspired by Kiashien

Here you go you fine Team Green, Silver people
    Mapsville

Should be the updated map now.

MxWood on
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Team Yellow Gold! We are with Kiashien and RandomFool. We are here to help. Join us.

Poketron: Ampharos
    6900656804_b1bb99a794.jpg
    woolykitten / gfish / paxtacular / boozysmurf

gfish on
    -- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    That.....that is fucking amazing.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    I'm about to update the OP but this is the official, updated bar route for each team including the matchups:
    Team Red Silver

0730 McFaddens with Team Red Gold
    0830 The Black Rose vs Team Green Silver
    0930 Four Green Fields vs Team Yellow Silver
    1030 Bell In Hand vs Team Blue Silver
    1130 McFaddens with Team Red Gold

Team Red Gold

0730 McFaddens with Team Red Silver
    0830 Bell In hand vs Team Green Gold
    0930 The Black Rose vs Team Yellow Gold
    1030 Four Green Fields vs Team Blue Gold
    1130 McFaddens with Team Red Silver