As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beauty is the promise of happiness [makeup, skincare, fashion] ONLY COOL BOYS ALLOWED

• Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    I was inspired to try tightlining because of today's posts. I was a bit wary but it worked out great and looks good :)

I am feeling pretty good about my makeup collection right now. I am so close to having everything I need. I just want to depot my nyx eyeshadows this weekend and place them in my MAC palette, more organized that way.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    im really enamoured with the idea of wearing a scent or piece of jewelry that was bought for me, for some reason i really have trouble buying something so expensive and classy for myself!

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    I was inspired to try tightlining because of today's posts. I was a bit wary but it worked out great and looks good :)

hooray! on ginormously beautiful eyes like yours I reckon it'd look awesome!
    I am feeling pretty good about my makeup collection right now. I am so close to having everything I need. I just want to depot my nyx eyeshadows this weekend and place them in my MAC palette, more organized that way.

yes, likewise... once I sort out this mineral foundation (which to be fair I don't know that I will use that much during winter but eh) and get my stuff from overseas, I'll be pretty happy with what I've got

in fact my trip to the US is looking less about cosmetics and more about shoes/clothes, but we'll see :)

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I agree.

I actually very rarely buy myself jewelry, but I love getting it as a gift.

...Perfumes I'm sort of insanely picky about but even those I don't buy myself. I want to switch from what I currently wear (a discontinued scent) to Chanel No. 5 because I've always loved it, but whoops pricetag pain.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    I am super picky about jewelry, and not so into perfume. Getting anything expensive as a gift makes me really uncomfortable! I would feel bad if I didn't like a piece of jewelry someone gave me.

• VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    you have no idea how paranoid I am that I might get a piece of jewelry that I just plain don't like and won't wear but not wearing it will offend the person giving it to me

I have scattered snippets of preferences for a specific type of jewelry among lots of Blake's friends and family so that if he does ask for opinions, he will get the correct ones

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I mean, I think you only really have to feel bad if it's like, extra-fancy and you hate it.

This is just reminding me of how much I want to get my Swarovski heart necklace repaired, though. :( I am not huge into sparkly things but I love that necklace so much, and the clasp broke a while back. I can't quite justify buying a new one for myself, either. For one thing they don't sell the one I have anymore, but more than that, I just... Like, I will go ahead and spend a hundred and fifty on a dress or eighty on shoes, but seventy dollars for a necklace or perfume and I just can't do it.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    My absolute favorite piece of jewelry is a ring I got in Thailand that cost $30 which felt like an extravagance, but i wear it every day and i guess thirty bucks is not much to most people! I bought it to replace a ring that a family friend from Thailand got me that I loved and lost :( but I like this one even better!

I want to see! Do you have a picture?

My favourite piece of jewelry is this gorgeous string of antique French crystal beads that belonged to my great-grandmother. They're a fantastic amber color and the weight and feel and shine are just lovely.

Technically they are my mother's, but I've just realized that, as with all of her other amber and amber-colored jewelry, I seem to have adopted them at some point.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    If the earrings are super dangly, I will love them.

Fact.

Man, I gotta get my ears pierced.

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    The thing about me and jewelry is that I very rarely remove it. Especially earrings. So there isn't much point in buying cheap jewelry because my heavy use will ruin it quickly. And then I have the oddest cravings and can never find jewelry that looks like what I want. Right now I really want earrings that look like Japanese Chrysanthemums, white with gold outlined petals.

Of course no such thing exists >:[

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    I am suuuuuuper picky about jewelry, I have bunches that various family members have given as gifts over the years I just won't wear

Perfume is another story entirely, though I am picky about what scents end up in my regular rotation I will wear almost anything once. Though at this point I have more perfume samples than any sane person should!

• MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular

I'm not the only person who doesn't have them pierced?

ruby-red-sig.jpg
    I mean, I think you only really have to feel bad if it's like, extra-fancy and you hate it.

This is just reminding me of how much I want to get my Swarovski heart necklace repaired, though. :( I am not huge into sparkly things but I love that necklace so much, and the clasp broke a while back. I can't quite justify buying a new one for myself, either. For one thing they don't sell the one I have anymore, but more than that, I just... Like, I will go ahead and spend a hundred and fifty on a dress or eighty on shoes, but seventy dollars for a necklace or perfume and I just can't do it.

ohh dude if its just a clasp you can buy a new, perfectly fine hook/clasp at any crafts store for like 2 dollars at most and stick it right on without anyone noticing a thing! er, unless its not attached to a chain haha

and as for me, i have a very simple pair of gold earrings my mother put in when i was like 2 or 3 and ive removed them maybe 3 time in my whole life, i dont even recognize them as being separate from my body anymore

its really the only jewelry ive ever worn, though last year i bought an adorable little compass necklace from etsy (which i gave away to a friend)

I want to see! Do you have a picture?

I have several!

on my hand right now (my nails are kind of crappy looking because I went on a biting spree):
    photo18.jpg

closeup for better idea of colors:
    DSC04284.jpg

the ring I lost:
    ringcloseup.jpg

seems like a good place to ask - I've been thinking about getting a second hole in my ears but I think it might look a little juvenile, and I already look five years younger than I am. opinions?

I am not real picky about jewelry but because I give my pieces such heavy use I may as well be picky and only own things I really like. Things I think are good inspiration for jewelry: moths, butterflies, scorpions, bees, beetles, bunnies, deer, lotuses, chrysanthemums, tulips, orchids, irises. Things shaped like all those things would be nice.

• UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Go for it Bits, I don't think double pierced ears look juvenile

• SassoriSassori Registered User regular
    I have two holes in each ear and one in the cartilage of my left ear.

thanks guys!

my ears were pierced in the hospital after I was born so I don't actually know how the piercing process goes. I assume it's like the ear piercing scenes in grease and the parent trap.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I've got three holes in each ear and I really like the way it looks... I would recommend you go to a proper piercing place though, instead of somewhere that uses a gun!

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I definitely recommend a needle over a gun. I think having my ears pierced with a gun is part of what caused me to not be able to wear earrings at all.

I'd like more nice/expensive jewellery. I have a lot of costume jewellery and it is cute, but the cheapness does show; a lot of it is chipped or the finish is coming off or it's all discolored, etc.

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    Guns, on top of being so much higher risk for things like hep, actually cause blunt force damage to your ear so you can end up with little tunnels of scar tissue in your earlobe! My thirds still have that issue, even though I've stretched them out a bit, I finally managed to get rid of most of it in my firsts and seconds and it took a long time. Also places that use guns usually tell you to rotate the earrings and use rubbing alcohol to clean your piercings with and that's no good either.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    my ears were pierced in the hospital after I was born so I don't actually know how the piercing process goes.

what?

Is it like, a circumcision kind of thing?

doctor all holding you "would you like her ears pierced? It's much cleaner this way and it saves a lot of trouble."

I pierced both my ears with a needle and just slipped bars in after them and kept them in till it healed and I could switch to plugs

so what I'm saying is just poke yourself in the ear it only hurts a little!

Depressperado on
    Also bits that is a really pretty ring and I like it better than the one you lost. :)

• GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bought a new hoodie today for $30. I'll try and get a picture of me in it tomorrow, but for now
    4AIYR.jpg

Gatsby on
    @World as Myth

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE

1f1efca8.jpg
    6320c5a1.jpg

Hooraaaaaaaaay! Thank you so much for helping me out! :D

Omg I can't wait to try AAAAALLLLL of it!

• SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    BPAL is one of those things where I have interest ADD. I'll go a few weeks randomly where I am all over the message boards and making lists of stuff I want. I just really love the idea of it and I can NEVER find perfume I like.

Then I'm torn because I have some imps in my medicine cabinet, I always forget to put them on and then I'm hesitant to because Annie doesn't like smelly stuff anyway. Maybe I could just have fun reading the boards and never buying any, or something.

MadEddy wrote: »

I'm not the only person who doesn't have them pierced?

Apparently not! I got them pierced when I was like 13 and then promptly let them seal up again. Never repierced 'em.

ohh dude if its just a clasp you can buy a new, perfectly fine hook/clasp at any crafts store for like 2 dollars at most and stick it right on without anyone noticing a thing! er, unless its not attached to a chain haha

The unfortunate problem is that it's a silver clasp that was clamped to a leather cord instead of a chain. So I have both parts of the closure but the cord popped out of its little... cord... home... place.

P.S. @Gatsby dig the hoodie

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I pierced both my ears with a needle and just slipped bars in after them and kept them in till it healed and I could switch to plugs

so what I'm saying is just poke yourself in the ear it only hurts a little!

Wow don't do this, you could easily fuck shit up and get a nasty infection.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
    A pair of the most unfortunately sad/unintentionally funny articles online:

Article 1

Article 2

• EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Wow.

I really wonder how her ego even got inflated to that point.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    That might be the best thing I read all day. Thanks Janson!

edited April 2012
    She is just the best Zoolander troll ever.

The thing is though that I just can't help but think that she is not hot enough to complain about being hot. Maybe I have shitty tastes in women but I'd hate plenty of other women for being pretty before I'd hate HER.

Vivixenne on
    edited April 2012
    Haha, you're welcome!

And I know, right? @Erics

Without even commenting on her looks, I have a gorgeous, blonde friend who is tall and has pretty much the perfect body and she has more female friends than anyone else I know! And that's because she's a lovely person - inside as well as out. :) (IMO I have a lot of gorgeous friends, but I'll single her out as she most closely resembles the article writer's physical description of herself).

Janson on
  • FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    I too have felt this sting

Dear god FAQ I had not noticed your new avatar before

It is horrifying

RUVCwyu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.