As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Castle: Season 8 : Well I Guess It Wasn't Named Beckett For a Reason

• NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Not a fan of tonight's episode for the fact that the drama seemed really forced. This show is not a romantic comedy, but the shit they're throwing into this relationship sure makes it feel like it is. Complication after complication. It feels really contrived.
    Castle suddenly getting a new blonde bimbo at exactly the same time when Kate finally decides to open up to him? Yeah right.

The British stuff was alright, but overall, this was one of my least favorite episodes of Castle, just because the whole relationship stuff was so forced.

They've been doing this all series long. What the hell guys... what the hell.

Hopefully this doesn't just fade away like her nurse friend did. Hopefully there are some actual ramifications for it.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    No, it should fade away ASAP. It should up and vanish in the cold open next episode. But it won't, so they'll spin in out next season too maybe!

But maybe they'll surprise us and get out of the contrived rut.

Oh yeah, Castle's "plan" was too stupid to be funny since they really needed to do it.

And thinking about them surprising us, yet still dragging it out, I'm wishing the episode ended more like:

"So you like her, huh?"

"Yeah, but I loved you. But you knew that already, didn't you? Gotta go."

Or some variation where he gets his beef out in the open.

And then she stupidly lets him walk away, but it be better than this.

Xeddicus on
  • SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    I just liked that his name was blatantly supposed to sound like cunt.

I did not like his awful accent.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    They're clearly setting up Beckett & Castle to become a couple by the season finale.

They're clearly setting up Beckett & Castle to become a couple by the season finale.

You'd think so... but they have an established history of doing this contrived shit for no real gain. I'm going to wait it out and hope they surprise me.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    That bank heist ep was excellent.
    Double twist, I figured "oh they faked their death with the C4" but nope, really dead, seizure guy was behind it all. That there was some clever twisting of the plot.

Oh brilliant
  • BloodsheedBloodsheed Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »

You'd think so... but they have an established history of doing this contrived shit for no real gain. I'm going to wait it out and hope they surprise me.

I feel like they have now passed the line of where the genie can go back in the bottle. This has to be the final push, the only hope is it doesn't take too many more episodes to reach it.

Xbox Live, Steam, PSN: Eclibull
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Calling it now.

One of them will profess their love in the season finale, but the other will not answer/be rendered unable to answer, and it will end with that cliffhanger. Next season, they'll go through some shit and decide it's for the best that they not get together.

edited April 2012
    Double twist, I figured "oh they faked their death with the C4" but nope, really dead, seizure guy was behind it all. That there was some clever twisting of the plot.

Indeed it was. Think best of the season, in fact.

And Houn, damnit, that sounds highly familiar for some reason, yet highly likely...

Xeddicus on
  • RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »

And Houn, damnit, that sounds highly familiar for some reason, yet highly likely...

Well it was essentially the plot to this season.

Anybody think the Detective Inspector Hunt was a reference to Life on Mars?

Houn wrote: »
    Dick Castle was pretty funny.

Contrived relationship complications were not.

I was discussing it with my Director. She said it was very "Middle-School." Having seen the episode, she was correct in her assessment.

Rchanen wrote: »

It is EXACTLY the plot for last season's finale/this season. Stupid sarcasm in text form, work better!

Rchanen wrote: »

It is EXACTLY the plot for last season's finale/this season. Stupid sarcasm in text form, work better!

Oops, sorry I did not catch that.

Damn! They're onto me!

• RedDawnRedDawn Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Not a fan of tonight's episode for the fact that the drama seemed really forced. This show is not a romantic comedy, but the shit they're throwing into this relationship sure makes it feel like it is. Complication after complication. It feels really contrived.
    Castle suddenly getting a new blonde bimbo at exactly the same time when Kate finally decides to open up to him? Yeah right.

The British stuff was alright, but overall, this was one of my least favorite episodes of Castle, just because the whole relationship stuff was so forced.

They've been doing this all series long. What the hell guys... what the hell.

Hopefully this doesn't just fade away like her nurse friend did. Hopefully there are some actual ramifications for it.

Man I'm getting tired of this, it is getting so played out. If this gets any closer to Grey's Anatomy I'm out.

Just in case you needed any more proof that Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin should work together. Forever. On everything.

<3

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Well.....I loved the premise, but I didn't like the execution so much. Baldwin's character was a little too much of a caricature for me.

Good ep, though. And we need the whole cast of Firefly to make guest appearances.

I don't think they made any Firefly references...too bad.

And they do need the rest of the Firefly cast to show up. Except maybe Morena Baccarin. They'd turn that into another roadblock somehow...

• SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular

And they do need the rest of the Firefly cast to show up. Except maybe Morena Baccarin. They'd turn that into another roadblock somehow...

There were two or three in there. "I like to keep my options open" is from the start of serenity I think, and "that's a very fine coat" seemed like it was one, even if it actually wasn't.

It was a play on "very fine hat".

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    I liked Castle realizing that a relationship with Beckett is worth getting hurt from thanks to the "Alexis solves the case/problem moment"

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I'm up to the Pandora episode.

It's 24, complete with O'Brian style technobabbles.

Oh brilliant
    Karrde1842 wrote: »
    I liked Castle realizing that a relationship with Beckett is worth getting hurt from thanks to the "Alexis solves the case/problem moment"

Unless next episode she decides to fire bomb Stanford instead of going. :P

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular

There were two or three in there. "I like to keep my options open" is from the start of serenity I think, and "that's a very fine coat" seemed like it was one, even if it actually wasn't.

Castle playing with a dinosaur toy at the beginning of the episode a nod to Wash in the Firefly pilot, maybe?

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular

Castle playing with a dinosaur toy at the beginning of the episode a nod to Wash in the Firefly pilot, maybe?

Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Mine is an evil laugh!

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Haven't seen it yet, but I assume Castle doesn't dress up as Mal Reynolds again, like in that first Halloween episode, right?

Is there a Jayne-hat?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Nope X 2, but I am now convinced I wasn't paying close enough attention to the start because I didn't know it was the Baldwin ep.

• Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Man, fuck Alexis. She's all "boohoo" about not getting in on early acceptance? Really? Man, she is dumb.

Well, they had to shoe horn her non-'problem' into Castle's contrived-'problem' mainly. Probably could have come up with something that flowed a lot better, yeah.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Pffft. Getting accepted to Oxford is no big deal. I got accepted to Oxford. I couldn't afford it but I got accepted.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    I can actually sort of understand Alexis' position. When I was applying for universities, there was a program that rejected me in April (at the regular notification timing), and then sent me an acceptance in June, I guess because they fucked up their admissions counts or something. And my response was a resounding, "Fuck you."

That being said, I'm not sure how you could make the brilliant, hard-working, private school, white daughter of a rich, New York author any less empathetic than having her freak out over only getting a "regular" acceptance to Stanford.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Thank god she doesn't carry around a tiny dog in her purse.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    I think it would have made a bigger impact if they didn't say "you got accepted to everywhere!"

If Stanford was the only place she applied to and got rejected, than accepted... maybe it would make more sense. But it is a bit contrived.

Thankfully, she didn't seem that upset really.

• THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I didn't like it either considering on another ABC show (Modern Family) they made a huge deal about someone being waitlisted and the whole family was in such high spirits over it and in Castle the daughter gets so many and is unhappy because she got accepted by a college that had denied her before.

Alexis just seemed more like a teenager than usual especially since she is portrayed as wise beyond her years in the show so it was an awkward shift for her character. They could have made a less subtle comparisson between her and Ashley maybe working things out rather than comparing Kate and Rick's love to college admissions.

As for Baldwin. Loved it. Dinosaurs at the beginning.. loved it. Great A plot, really bad B plot.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    There was also a Baldwin line that was something like"keep you flying". But really no direct references, sadly.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • BlazeFireBlazeFire Registered User regular
    I liked tonight's episode. Fun investigation, the Castle/Beckett stuff seems to be moving along (oh god please don't push it back with someone else), and his daughter's college stuff seems to be done (hopefully).

Ah season finale already next week.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Yet another show where I have a "is there any way that would hold up in court" response to the resolution. Seriously, threatening a confession out of a guy?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • CabezoneCabezone Registered User regular
    The answer is no...no it would not hold up.