As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    dibs on building the monument to wife-beating

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    everybody has to download the texture pack that replaces the wall-sign texture with a plaque that says

Daddy No
    time immemorial - present

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sinter wrote: »
    Defster wrote: »
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to Pax East? I will be there all 3 days if anyone wants to meet up!

I will be there all weekend, along with TheThreeMagi and YoSoyElJosh. I don't know if you remember them, they only played for maybe two weeks before quitting.

I'm getting excited. PAX is awesome.

I'll be there too! I have a 3-day pass, but have to work on Friday, but I'll be there for the concerts that night.

I remember them, they should come back! We should at least all meet up when the SE++ picture is taken.

Anyone else going? You may even get to meet the lovebot in person and who could resist that?

ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ferret on
    Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    WuShockWuShock Lawful Good South BrownbackistanRegistered User regular
    To paraphrase G.K. Chesterton, drink when you are happy but never when you are miserable.

I do believe, sitting at home, on your computer, playing virtual Legos, is the very definition of 'responsible drinking.' And, for the record, I do some of my best driving while drunk. I can't seem to hit anything with the green shells when I'm sober.

Twixxo wrote:
    WuShock is the best
    He is the very bestest
    I wish I was him

rx9e87jbbz0w.png

• Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    Bleh. The jungle expedition happened on the weekend I was away. I really wanted to make it to this one. Now I guess I'll go over to Ocelotl to nick some saplings (then lobby for trade restrictions and make a killing selling wood to suckers).

I've been working on a design for a little travelers cabin that can be built with easily carried materials.
    2012-04-04_000558.png
    I don't much like the pine planks with regular wood stairs and such. A pine roof with oak walls might look pretty. Too bad that will be while coming.

2012-04-04_000641.png
    The interior in default textures. I like the idea of elevated beds with storage underneath, but I'm not sure fence posts are the way to go.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    DO7Zn.png

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    Oh god my eyes! D:

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I can see the overlap...

• Options
    AeytherAeyther Registered User regular
    Enhance...

• Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    What's even happening in this game anymore?

Jungle cats.

Like, I popped my head in Ispawnbul and people were talking about level grinding and enchantments and I teleported to a giant map of the earth and read signs and only recognized like 3 names and

When was the last time you played? Things have changed quite a bit and aside from the admins who are constant the playerbase tends to change steadily as people burn out.

The last time I put any serious hours in was when the map still had a border just, uh, north? of the spawn city.

Also, north is now west.

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    psyck0 wrote: »
    What's even happening in this game anymore?

Jungle cats.

Like, I popped my head in Ispawnbul and people were talking about level grinding and enchantments and I teleported to a giant map of the earth and read signs and only recognized like 3 names and

When was the last time you played? Things have changed quite a bit and aside from the admins who are constant the playerbase tends to change steadily as people burn out.

The last time I put any serious hours in was when the map still had a border just, uh, north? of the spawn city.

Also, north is now west.

Only on the Dynmap. For all other intents and purposes it's still North.

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    ChokeOnGlitterChokeOnGlitter Amazing San DiegoRegistered User regular
    That's like say...UGH I can't even go into how judgmental is!
    eldercore wrote: »
    can Drunk Town have a building devoted to drunk fathers that beat their wife and/or child?
    can it have a giant bloody car in the middle of the city celebrating all of the people killed by awesome drunk drivers?
    is someone going to build a tall building (to height limit) and call it Date Rape Hotel?

Drunk Town..... not a fan of that idea.

:O There are bad things in EVERY part of life....Doesn't mean you have to put down drinking cause there are stupid people in the world.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    everybody's dumb foreverr :whistle:

guys you should stop playing minecraft and play dwarf fortress and tell me about your adventures okay?

deal? okay good meet back here in an hour

• Options
    Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    Build your fort next to a village, punch a villager near an Iron Golem, whammo, free gorilla invasion just like DF!

• Options
    PvtCaboosePvtCaboose Halifax NS, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    can Drunk Town have a building devoted to drunk fathers that beat their wife and/or child?
    can it have a giant bloody car in the middle of the city celebrating all of the people killed by awesome drunk drivers?
    is someone going to build a tall building (to height limit) and call it Date Rape Hotel?

I don't understand.

1) PVP is off so I don't see how anyone will beat someone on here.
    2) You can't steer the minecarts so how are people going to get hit by drunk drivers.
    3) The sheep run away the first time you try and grab them so I don't see how this hotel is possible.

Seriously though, I don't drink but I have no issue with people that do. There is nothing destructive or harmful about what they are doing here and you are painting an entire group of people with a negative brush. Do you like it when people blame gamers for the violence that is out there? All because some crazy person killed somebody and they play COD, so of course it is the influence of the game that made them a killer.

People can do bad things when they are drunk, but they can just as easily do it when sober. These people just want to drink and have fun together inspite of the distance between them. If you don't like it then stay away the day it happens.

PvtCaboose on
  • Options
    LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I mean....I have a pretty intense drunken libido, but that's about it.

I come from a family line of alcoholism,domestic violence, drug addiction, and mental disorder but it skipped a generation with me (maybe not the mental part). I drink only a few times a year and have never done anything irresponsible while doing so. Ok, maybe I've tried to rape Ferret a few times, but he got away. Most of the time...

DRUNK TOWN!!!!

LAIKKA FOR MAYOR!

----Also, GHOSTFISH.
    I want to add that I am in no way trying to disrespect your opinion. I think drinking is all about being responsible with who you choose to do it around and where. Also knowing your tolerance and what you can't handle. Drinking and staying at home while playing a video game is probably one of the better decisions.

I'm thinking we could all be in vent or skype to help keep the chat annoyance down to a minimum for those who have no tolerance for fools. This event is about letting loose and being completely stupid just to see what we can come up with. It's for laughs when we're sober.

I'd rather wake up knowing that I built a crooked house with no logic to its structure than laying in someone's floor snuggled next to a stranger. I can laugh about that. And the walk of shame (or cart ride of shame) back to my lands won't be as terrible.

Laikka on
    "I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • Options
    VegemyteVegemyte Registered User regular
    Does anyone about the teleporter at Bacchanisle being borked? I just tried it on a whim, died, and lost all my gear...

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular

Eldercore, you seem to be falling into the rut that it is alcohol that causes these problems. It is a common misconception. Assholes are the source of all of these problems, not alcohol. Drinking has been a fundamental part of human interaction for as long as we have had written history. It is a part of human culture that most everything takes part in to some degree. Many drink responsibly and are always in control, some like to use alcohol as a way to loose control, others just like to loosen up or unwind, some drink because they enjoy the flavors and/or the craft. It is a complicated thing.

Now, there are those that are irresponsible and use alcohol as an enabler and excuse for their actions. Driving drunk is terrible, beating on people is terrible, date rape is terrible. But without alcohol, the people that do these things would likely still do them. Someone irresponsible enough to drive under the influence would likely do other irresponsible acts. Someone cruel enough to beat on their family certainly doesn't need alcohol to do that, they would do it anyway with our without the alcohol. As for date rape, most times the folks committing these things aren't using alcohol at all, but are perverting social drinking as a means to manipulate, control, and abuse those enjoying themselves.

Alcohol lowers you inhibitions and pretty much makes it so you do what you would do otherwise. For some, like Laikka apparently(obviously?), it makes you even more likely to rub kittens on people. For others, it makes them more likely to be goofy or silly or whatever it is they repress normally. And for some, it makes them even more of an asshole than they already are by taking away the bonds that keep that inner bastard chained up. That bastard is already there though, and likely shines out whenever the person is roused, with alcohol or not.

So pretty much what I'm saying is that you are blaming the gun for the homicide, which is pretty irresponsible, petty, and overly judgmental.

• Options
    That said, I may not be able to attend depending on the night. You all are usually up way too late for me with my work schedule. If It's on an off day for me I'll be there, otherwise I'll raise a glass of fine imported sake and toast y'alls health.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Can we please stop quoting that and just move on.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    I'll take a look at the teleport to Bacchanisle next time I'm on. Sorry for the trouble Vegemyte.

• Options
    TwixxoTwixxo the Lovebot Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A reminder to all you peeps; don't update unless you want to be forever alone.

I lied.

Twixxo on
    TNBNcdc.gif
  • Options
    HambrabaiHambrabai Registered User regular
    I believe I will make the rare journey from my big stupid castle and join in on Drunk Town, I will of course have to build a Dong of Glory and hope it doesn't come out off kilter.

On a side note I hope no one else ever decides to travel through the mystery house I stumbled on last night. It sucks...

• Options
    Twixxo wrote: »
    A reminder to all you peeps; don't update unless you want to be forever alone.

Actually, you all can update just fine and still connect to the server!

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    Screwing around with plugins, server may be up and down.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    I will update the wiki to reflect this later, but PvP is now available in the main world. To toggle yourself on, type /pvp on. To toggle yourself off, type /pvp off. To check your status, type /pvp status.

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
  • Options
    Am I alone in having the browser version no longer functional? I log in and there is nothing on the screen but the tiled background.

Very saddening.

• Options
    Enc wrote: »
    Am I alone in having the browser version no longer functional? I log in and there is nothing on the screen but the tiled background.

Very saddening.

What browser are you using and is your java up to date? I am using chrome with java 6 update 31 and it worked for me.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    FerretFerret Registered User regular
    Alright I feel that the drama has blown by so quick announcement.

I'm currently scouting and marking areas for the event, If anyone knows any Hidden gem areas that are currently empty yell at me the coords
    I should have a list of places plus screenshots to be decided upon before the end of the week.

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
  • Options
    greygrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If a portal is set up for the event, it should be one way. Drunk walking back.
    Or sober walk of shame the next day.

grey on
  • Options
    DefsterDefster Registered User regular
    Sinter wrote: »
    Defster wrote: »
    Is anyone here going to Pax East? I will be there all 3 days if anyone wants to meet up!

I will be there all weekend, along with TheThreeMagi and YoSoyElJosh. I don't know if you remember them, they only played for maybe two weeks before quitting.

I'm getting excited. PAX is awesome.

I'll be there too! I have a 3-day pass, but have to work on Friday, but I'll be there for the concerts that night.

I remember them, they should come back! We should at least all meet up when the SE++ picture is taken.

Anyone else going? You may even get to meet the lovebot in person and who could resist that?

I've sent you a PM with my contact info. I have never read a single thread here other than this one, so I don't consider myself part of the SE++ community, and I will likely avoid the picture. I can easily show up wherever it is though, if that is where you want to meet up.

• Options
    Sir PenguinSir Penguin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ahh Minecraft. I'm so bad at being productive building-wise but I do so love gathering things. Is the whitelist the same as before or should I PM nuka/ultimak again? I guess it can't hurt to, regardless.
    I should clarify that I've been away from the server for a few updates, that's the reason I ask.

Sir Penguin on
  • Options
    Ahh Minecraft. I'm so bad at being productive building-wise but I do so love gathering things. Is the whitelist the same as before or should I PM nuka/ultimak again? I guess it can't hurt to, regardless.
    I should clarify that I've been away from the server for a few updates, that's the reason I ask.

The whitelist has been the same for a year or so now, try joining and if it doesnt let you PM us.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Ocelotl planning stuff, spoilered for those not interested:
    Currently the jungle has a teleporter, a campsite, and a jungle path to the gates of what will be Ocelotl. To attempt to keep the city somewhat organized, we should prooobably make a plan before we start building the actual city.

I was talking to Sopa and he came up with this:
    nsLlB.jpg

The red line would be the wall of the city, which might also appear to the north, that hasn't been decided. The purple is the area the city itself would cover. The acropolis would be the center of the city, and feature a prominent ziggurat and other temples. Our first task would be setting up a coherent system of roads throughout the area. Once the roads are planned out, people could choose a spot they want and then build whatever temple or building they may desire. The building code would be pretty simple: stone/stone brick with vines in a Mesoamerican style. This is where housing would be, ideally the shipwreck camp would be kept fairly simple and without large buildings.

One "rule" would be if your idea is larger than 45x75, please ask first, as that's the size of the acropolis.

We also have an idea for the "cursed woods" area below the jungle, but it would require mod help. The idea would be to have the woods converted to a swamp biome, and to then manually plant large jungle trees throughout. While Ocelotl would have intact buildings, this area would be full of broken down ruins and huts. Think "witch doctor." Nuka, if you're reading this, this could be where your witch hut would be. Cog/Croc, if you're reading this, and you still want to do huge treehouses, you could do those above while huts and ruins are down below.

If anyone has suggestions/ideas/criticisms/just plain doesn't think it will work, please say! And a big thank you to everyone who has helped with this so far <3

Crowbawt on
  • Options
    1) That is a badass plan.
    2) My minecraft problem cannot be fixed due to recent changes in our office computer permissions. Looks like my time online is now reduced from "all the goddamn time" to "more than I should"

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Do we really want walls around the city? I think we should make it look natural, and have trees and leaves blocking us off

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Enc wrote: »
    2) My minecraft problem cannot be fixed due to recent changes in our office computer permissions. Looks like my time online is now reduced from "all the goddamn time" to "more than I should"
    Clearly the best option is to quit your job.

jrrClpr.gif
  • Options
    nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    We could have ruined walls, like the roads are.

I'll start right away with a logging project in the future swamp. I'll use the logs to trade for materials at the CX, if we so need any. Otherwise I'm putting them in my own stores.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Okay I'm coming back, you guys had best prepare yourselves

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.