As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    Does Alliance Training Rank 4's power damage bonus affect Tactical Cloak's Damage bonus?

and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • VicktorVicktor Infidel Castro Rancho ChupacabraRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    "Forar wrote:
    Vicktor wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    Maddoc wrote: »
    They just need to make character cards not drop if you have all the appearance options and that class is already at 20

Ah, so I see someone is reading my twitter feed after all.

Which is to say, great minds think alike.

Now, while I can certainly agree with this in principal, I had character cards bump two different characters from 19-20 this past weekend. I don't think I had all the options for them yet, though so it wouldn't have applied.

I would add 'and the class is currently lvl 20' to that requirement.

... you might want to read the suggestion again. :winky:

Well, there's my reading comprehension award for the day!

Vicktor on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Viycktor
  • RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Got the Valiant, this game loves me. Fantastic weapon. Compared to the Black Widow, which I also love:

* Crazy fast reload speed
    * Fast firing rate
    * Light weight
    * High ammunition capacity

This mean I can swap out my ammo upgrade on my BW for the piercing upgrade to keep the ability to make Guardians super sad. It also means you get more cloaked shots, more energy drain (and more shields back from it) and a better ability to just pump damage into armored targets. I went from usually getting first place by a modest amount to doubling the score of the next person on my team.

(edit) And my super spectre pack had a Carnifex. :D

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    Piercing upgrade for the Widow. Worth it over the improved scope?

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    God, I got a Crusader. It's so awesome. Built in Armor Penetration Mod, Is possibly the most accurate weapon in the game (The cursor is a tiny plus sign. No spread when aiming down sight) Has a massive head shot multiplier?
    Also near infinite range.

Do XBox players get a different Crusader than PC players? The Crusader blows ass on the 360.

The crusader is just as amazing on xbox

I didn't like it much in single player but I am loving it now that I have it is multiplayer

• chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Piercing upgrade for the Widow. Worth it over the improved scope?

Nah.

Widow has piercing already.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Valiant bitches! I'm never playing a non-snipey class again

• PeffPeff Registered User regular
    Man, why is the Crusader so bloody heavy?

steam_sig.png
    Peff wrote: »

Yeah that is a big problem with it

but I don't care about cooldowns on my krogan so its basically the perfect gun for him

along with the revenant I get +150% cooldown time

• Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    Since the RNG refuses to give me a Krogan Sentinel anyone have any tips on specing a Krogan Soldier? To me they have to many useful abilities and not enough points.

• PeffPeff Registered User regular

but I don't care about cooldowns on my krogan so its basically the perfect gun for him

I'm just not sure why I would use it instead of the Geth Shotgun

steam_sig.png

I'm just not sure why I would use it instead of the Geth Shotgun

well its easier for me to decide

ain't got no fancy geth shotgun

• NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    woo... victory pack... a whole bunch of expendables.
    commendation pack... eff the hurricane.

really worth screwing up my silver runners for a bunch of garbage. wont be ready to run anything till this weekend and oh wait! we got another operation this weekend >(

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • ShenShen Registered User regular
    Oh great, so it's possible to get the same effin' weapon again in Commendation packs? I was figuring that at least with the Hurricane and Crusader out of the way I'd have a 50/50 chance of getting the Valiant next pack, but I guess it's actually two down, 38 to go.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Good lord...

It's full of stars...

• BrilliantInsanityBrilliantInsanity Charleston, WVRegistered User regular
    All this talk of commendation packs is making me sad. I still haven't received mine :( I just want a spiffy new boomstick.

steam_sig.png

Sixty -40- on Origin for some ME3 goodness.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/brilliantinsanity/
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    All this talk of commendation packs is making me sad. I still haven't received mine :( I just want a spiffy new boomstick.

Your chances of getting a worthless Eagle is directly proportional to your desire to open the pack.

Just sayin. Sitting here with a piece of shit Eagle II.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    Got a valiant in my commendation pack. woo, hoo?

But the good news is I saved up for a super spectre pack and got me a carnifex!

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Man, rolling with Basil, Tayvaan, and Carb0nFire and Gold ain't a thing.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    *Opens commendation pack*

Hurricane II

Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Between the Predator III, Phalanx I, and Hornet IV, which should I be using on a Drell Adept or Salarian Engineer?

• Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    You want to be using biotics non stop as Drell Adept so use the lightest weapon you have ( The Predator)
    I'll leave it to someone who actually plays engineer to tell you what to use on the Salarian

• EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    I'd probably go for the phalanx. Does decent damage and is still light enough to give you minimum cooldowns.

• envoy1envoy1 the old continentRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Between the Predator III, Phalanx I, and Hornet IV, which should I be using on a Drell Adept or Salarian Engineer?

Just maximise your cooldowns on the drell adept as your weapon will be reave. I just played a silver pubbie round of salarian engineer with a phalanx and I felt utterly useless in between power cooldowns. I really don't like that weapon at all.

envoy1 on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    There is about a half second of dead time between my Pull -> Reave before my Pull is ready again. That's using the Phalanx. Worth dumping it for the Predator to get that extra 10% cooldown?

edited April 2012

Your chances of getting a worthless Eagle is directly proportional to your desire to open the pack.

Just sayin. Sitting here with a piece of shit Eagle II.

If you curse me, I will hunt you down, I swear.

N7 Crusader. interesting.

BrilliantInsanity on
    steam_sig.png

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Salarian Engineer: Doesn't matter, you're a God.

Serious answer though, I roll with the Mattock and have since I had it at level IV or so. You can stun with Energy Drain and the Mattock does decent damage and can fire pretty fast if you have a quick trigger finger. Headshots on stunned enemies are pretty easy and let you do a lot of damage very quickly plus it's accurate enough that you can hit things from a very long range. Toss your decoy out when needed and burn big baddies with Incinerate otherwise just drain the hell out of everything and mow them all down with your Mattock.

HappylilElf on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There is about a half second of dead time between my Pull -> Reave before my Pull is ready again. That's using the Phalanx. Worth dumping it for the Predator to get that extra 10% cooldown?
    Invest in some recruit packs to get the predator up to X

steam_sig.png
    Valiant I will never let you go...

• eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    Still haven't gotten my Commendation pack yet either, but I'm not expecting a Valiant.

Wow, got my views on my stream than expected.
    Thanks for watching!

Livestreaming makes my fps take a noticeable dip and it seems like the sound quality was pretty terrible. Any suggestions?

LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979
    Spoit wrote: »
    Invest in some recruit packs to get the predator up to X

I've thought about that, but I'm not sure why I would bother when the Carnifex could be the next Spectre pack away!

edited April 2012
    Haven't got my commendation pack yet either. Played more silver today to get extra money for the super Spectre pack, but didn't quite make it. I was fighting Geth on a wave 10 target mission; the timer ran out like a quarter-second before I blew the last target's head off. Rest of the team was dead, and I solo'd the last half of the mission. My credits at the end?

98,275. *sigh*

Dusda on
  • kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    Since people are talking about it, when you play engineer is it optimal to have minimum weight so you can just spam abilities like with adepts? Have actually manged to never play that class in my time with the series. Was thinking about using my black widow when I start leveling one or would that be a bad set up?

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    kaz67 wrote: »
    Since people are talking about it, when you play engineer is it optimal to have minimum weight so you can just spam abilities like with adepts? Have actually manged to never play that class in my time with the series. Was thinking about using my black widow when I start leveling one or would that be a bad set up?

The way I play, I am constantly using Overload to stagger/damage opponents, so I only carry a Phalanx and maintain a 200% recharge bonus. It's fun, and I do alright score-wise, but if you're not big on casting it's okay to carry a heavy gun.

From my experience playing one its nice to have a bit of oomph to your gun - I like my phalanx on my Salarian Engineer and if I had a Carnifex I'd use that.

However I think a Widow would cut into your powers a little too much for the benefit it gives and you don't have any skills to boost the Widow's damage.

You could make it work - you could make anything work - but I think ou'd be better off with a Salarian Infiltrator if you wanted to Widow it up.

edited April 2012
    I've seen two schools of thought on it. Sniper rifle works quite well with the Salarian Engineer, but I prefer the weightless glee of spamming Drain on everything that moves. It makes Geth absurdly easy, especially if you go for the radius upgrades and coordinate with someone for tech explosions. You can hit them with Drain like every 2 seconds and nearly one-shot mooks. It's nuts.

Dusda on
    TTODewback wrote: »
    God, I got a Crusader. It's so awesome. Built in Armor Penetration Mod, Is possibly the most accurate weapon in the game (The cursor is a tiny plus sign. No spread when aiming down sight) Has a massive head shot multiplier?
    Also near infinite range.

Do XBox players get a different Crusader than PC players? The Crusader blows ass on the 360.

Crusader has basically perfect accuracy, extremely solid damage, innate penetration, but only shoots a single slug per shot. Handle it like a Carnifex, or sniper, and it works pretty nice...though it is insanely heavy. I could see a shotgun infiltrator tearing shit up with it. Though it is amusing, if you add a maxed out accuracy mod to it it becomes less accurate.

steam_sig.png

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular

You really want something that'll leave you close to 200% recharge rate, at least as a human engineer. It's all about the overload spam, plus incinerate for anything ugly and the drone for either helping locking down people or assisting with your damage.

• BerkshireBerkshire Earth Federal Forces MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    Finally finished the game tonight (I know, I know, WAYYYY late to the party) and after all the complaining about the ending, I really thought it was going to be something like "Shepard, the only way to save organic life is for you to have 15 hours of sweaty, explicit sex with these 300 batarians while listening to the entire discography of Justin Bieber! Also, Garrus and Tali both died offscreen, but at least Turian Councilor and Barla Von made it!" What I actually got instead was not nearly the trainwreck so many people have described it as, and the ride up to it was pretty awesome.

Could it use a little more explanation? Absolutely. But it was nowhere near as bad as most people are claiming. Next up: DoucheShep run (as soon as they fix the face import bug, because I want my scars.

In MP news, I was all set to get a shitty N7 weapon, having gotten the amazing Valiant the first time out, and to my pleasant surprise, I got Valiant II! Thanks, Hackett!

"And don't you ever stand for that sort of thing. Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back."
    GT: FootlongKaPow
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Orca wrote: »

You really want something that'll leave you close to 200% recharge rate, at least as a human engineer. It's all about the overload spam, plus incinerate for anything ugly and the drone for either helping locking down people or assisting with your damage.

Yeah I think I barely ever even bother shooting at stuff as an engineer :P

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282