As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Roshin wrote: »
    anoffday wrote: »
    You guys are crazy with your steam folders. You can't possibly be playing a terabyte worth of games at any given time, right? I only have installed what I'm playing. It's already hard enough to choose a game from my list of installed and uninstalled games. If they were all installed, I'd be even more stressed.

It's like having my own arcade (yes, I'm old). I can look around, see what I'm in the mood for, and have a go. :)

My problem is that I have a fondness for games where I can "live" and that goes on forever and ever. Stalker, Skyrim, Minecraft (I have kicked this habit now), Terraria (this sadly replaced my Minecraft habit), and recently the Towns Alpha (not on Steam). I refuse to play Towns now, because I lose so much time to it. :(

Don't ever play fallout 3 or new vegas and install the underground hideout.

I have the same problem you do. Any game where I can have my own space and customize it and just make it awesome, I get addicted to.

I wish I bought that bundle awhile back now that had Towns in it. It sounds really fun.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Roshin wrote: »
    You guys are crazy with your steam folders. You can't possibly be playing a terabyte worth of games at any given time, right? I only have installed what I'm playing. It's already hard enough to choose a game from my list of installed and uninstalled games. If they were all installed, I'd be even more stressed.

It's like having my own arcade (yes, I'm old). I can look around, see what I'm in the mood for, and have a go. :)

My problem is that I have a fondness for games where I can "live" and that goes on forever and ever. Stalker, Skyrim, Minecraft (I have kicked this habit now), Terraria (this sadly replaced my Minecraft habit), and recently the Towns Alpha (not on Steam). I refuse to play Towns now, because I lose so much time to it. :(

I hear ya. I've been trying to drag myself away from Skyrim for months now, so I can concentrate on shorter games from my gamebank that deserve my attention. Before that there was far too much Fallout: New Vegas and Terraria. Call of Pripyat is also lurking, waiting patiently to suck me back into the Zone for a few months too.

Must stay strong!

Also, echo the curiosity on Towns. Was planning to keep an eye on it for when it moved into Beta or release.

Ashe on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    Slimcea wrote: »
    busfahrer wrote: »
    This is a pic of me on the way home, knowing that there's an awesome Steam sale waiting for me:
    v9jbT.gif
    Disclaimer: Not my pic

That is awesome. Can't remember what powerup gave you the milky eyes though. Was it Megahealth? Or Invulnerability?

I concur. I got a good laugh out of it.

• Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    BeMine 2 bundle is up for preorder, with a minimum cost of $4.

Plain Sight
    Sol Survivor
    Madballs in Babo: Invasion
    Beat Hazard
    The Baconing

And if you donate more than $10, Killing Floor + "1 more special item TBA".

Probably grabbing this for Sol Survivor and Beat Hazard. $10 is a bit steep just for KF though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Whenever I buy bundles like that, I usually give a minimum of $10 anyway. On the other hand, I already have most of the games there that I'd want to play.

• Options
    busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Shimshai wrote: »
    This is a pic of me on the way home, knowing that there's an awesome Steam sale waiting for me:

v9jbT.gif

This. This I love very much.

My favourite is the iddqd guy in the back

Also:

http://www.rainslickgame.com/

busfahrer on
    B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    Looks like Superbrothers Sword and Sorcery EP is getting a PC/Steam release.

http://marlamin.com/cdr/view.php?type=app&id=204079

Fuck fuck yes yes. Now I just need Infinity Blade on the PC and my desire to buy an Apple product is gone!

Infinity blade is not a very good game. I played it a bunch, because it's a novelty and kinda interesting on the iphone, but it's not much more than a techdemo with silly gameplay (and bad controls).

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Oh hey, they're kickstarting a Shadowrun game.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    SteevL wrote: »

Cue tons of people saying it rips off The Matrix. :P

• Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    For any of you guys that are heathens and don't visit the lovely and informative Indie Games thread here, Indie Royal April is up with:
    Explodemon (only non steam game)
    Astro Tripper
    Alien Zombie Megadeath
    Hack Slash Loot
    Defense Grid: Awakening

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Great, now I imagined a Shadowrun MMO.

LF3M Renraku Arcology, need Decker and Rigger (no Street Samurais)

Echo on
  • Options
    starmanbrandstarmanbrand Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

Whenever I see a game is made for tablets I automatically assume it will be dumb. Am I wrong?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Finished Cthulu Saves the World. It was awesome, probably the best dollar I've ever spent.

• Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

Whenever I see a game is made for tablets I automatically assume it will be dumb. Am I wrong?

If this were a tie-in game, you'd be right. But if you're going to build from the ground up, I think it could be neat.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    v9jbT.gif

That is awesome. Can't remember what powerup gave you the milky eyes though. Was it Megahealth? Or Invulnerability?

IDDQD, if my long term memory is firing correctly. But yes god mode.

• Options
    Igpx407Igpx407 Registered User regular
    That Legend of Grimrock video is so hot that I have to pre-order it to support these devs.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    For any of you guys that are heathens and don't visit the lovely and informative Indie Games thread here, Indie Royal April is up with:
    Explodemon (only non steam game)
    Astro Tripper
    Alien Zombie Megadeath
    Hack Slash Loot
    Defense Grid: Awakening

I know Defence Grid is supposed to be good (though I think I'll pass until I start Sanctum/Anomaly), but does anyone have an opinion on Hack/Slash/Loot? It's only £3 or thereabouts, but I'm (or more specifically, Mrs. Croaker is) feeling frugal...so need to find a way to justify even this limited spend!

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Great, now I imagined a Shadowrun MMO.

LF3M Renraku Arcology, need Decker and Rigger (no Street Samurais)

The Ren would be something more along the lines of the old Naxx40: a place where hopes, dreams, and souls of men are crushed.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ExcisionExcision Old Sport Registered User regular
    Not sure if this has been posted here but it made me think of you guys:

202899d1333502324-funny-strange-random-pics-1276185433656.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Perhaps a way of quickly identifying fellow Steam-threadians would be to wear these at PAX:

31c%2BMTVNAtL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Only 5 bucks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    BeMine 2 bundle is up for preorder, with a minimum cost of $4.

Plain Sight
    Sol Survivor
    Madballs in Babo: Invasion
    Beat Hazard
    The Baconing

And if you donate more than $10, Killing Floor + "1 more special item TBA".

Probably grabbing this for Sol Survivor and Beat Hazard. $10 is a bit steep just for KF though.

Not really. Killing Floor goes on steam for 20 bucks, and it's awesome. I bought it awhile ago on sale on steam and it was 10 bucks then and I didn't get all those bonus games. 10 bucks for all that is a deal if you ask me.

anoffday on
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    Perhaps a way of quickly identifying fellow Steam-threadians would be to wear these at PAX:

Only 5 bucks.

I'll wait till the easter sale.

No I don't.
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    RE: Capsized

KBAM or Gamepad?

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Elbasunu wrote: »

If this were a tie-in game, you'd be right. But if you're going to build from the ground up, I think it could be neat.

There was a Shadowrun game that was on Xbox and PC years ago, FPS/MMO thingie, was that related?

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

Only 5 bucks.

Needs a 4-pack.

Is this GFWL? Ugh.

Are they Steamworks?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular

Only 5 bucks.

Needs a 4-pack.

Is this GFWL? Ugh.

g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos
  • Options
    I think I'm going to get this April Fools bundle. Hack, Slash, Loot looks really cool. Has anyone ever played it?

• Options
    Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to get this April Fools bundle. Hack, Slash, Loot looks really cool. Has anyone ever played it?

Yeah, same here. To be honest, it's only that and Alien Zombie Megadeath I'm interested in, the others don't interest me very much at all. Think I might save my cash on this one.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    v9jbT.gif

I hope you didn't stop for gas!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Enter only if you like tower defense!

signature.png

• Options
    HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular

Only 5 bucks.

I'll be wearing my tophat for at least part of PAX.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    RoshinRoshin My backlog can be seen from space SwedenRegistered User regular
    Ashe wrote: »
    Also, echo the curiosity on Towns. Was planning to keep an eye on it for when it moved into Beta or release.

It's very rough around the edges. Every time I played it, my first thought was "God, there's so much work to be done on this". Pretty much everything needs work, the UI, the visuals, the audio, the game mechanics, etc. What's there is playable and quite enjoyable if you like this sort of thing, but it's a long way away from Terraria and Dwarf Fortress. A long, long way.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Spacechem is the daily, 66% off.

I demonstrated my intelligence by utterly failing at the demo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SlimceaSlimcea Registered User regular
    Spacechem's the daily. Great great puzzler if you don't already owe it. Nothing really beats the satisfaction of FINALLY getting the damn solution.

Just remember to close your eyes when you get to the rest-of-the-world comparison screen, because it can be so ego-crushing :(

steam_sig.png
  • Options

There was a Shadowrun game that was on Xbox and PC years ago, FPS/MMO thingie, was that related?

Well, yes, but it was not looked upon favorably by fans of the Shadowrun universe. If I recall correctly, they basically retconned the whole background story and world lore to fit the FPS.

• Options
    oakkeoakke Registered User regular
    I can't recommend Spacechem enough. If you still don't have it go get it now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Weeell. I hear it was pretty good for the FPS game it was, but it took a steaming dump on the actual lore and setting and just shoehorned it in there.

The dwarves were essentially psychic vampires.

• Options

Weeell. I hear it was pretty good for the FPS game it was, but it took a steaming dump on the actual lore and setting and just shoehorned it in there.

The dwarves were essentially psychic vampires.

I don't know anything about the lore, but I remember being in the beta on 360. I remember it being a big deal then because it was going to let PC players play with 360 players. The beta was fun, but I never played the game after that. It was a pretty big failure I think.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    For me, the difficulty of SpaceChem ramped up pretty fast.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    So Hack, Slash, Loot in the april fools bundle is pretty awesome. If anyone is curious it's worth it for that alone. It's turn based roguelike, dungeon crawler. It's kind of like Desktop Dungeons and Dungeons of Dredmor, so if you liked those you'll love this. It's addicting, and you die a lot, but it's really fun. No inventory from what I can tell, so if the item isn't better than what you have then you leave it. As for potions you can choose to use them or not, and you can't really tell if they will hurt or help you.

There's also cages in some rooms that say caged beast, and if you free them they follow you and fight by your side which is pretty cool. So far I've only found lizards, but I did have 2 lizards at once following me. I'm assuming you take a chance releasing them too and may get attacked, but so far I haven't. Anyway, it's good fun for like 4 bucks, not too mention the other games you get which look pretty good too.

http://www.indieroyale.com They have a video of Hack, Slash, Loot as well as the others.

anoffday on
This discussion has been closed.