As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] PAX East Parties

• Options
    JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    Anyone get an email from Curse yet?

• Options
    zfleemanzfleeman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I'm heading to Boston with a few friends. We're probably just like all of you people, and enjoy a nerdy good time with drinks and music. At Prime, I attended a number of IGN sponsored parties and had a blast. This year, I'm looking for a non-sponsored good time at a bar with many people. Any dive bar would work. I just didn't know if there were any locals that have a favorite place.

What's the best party for my party and me?

zfleeman on
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Does the Brattle theater sell beverages and/or food? If so what sort?

I haven't been in a while, but they sell beer and typical movie theater foodstuffs.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    PurpleBek wrote: »
    Does the Brattle theater sell beverages and/or food? If so what sort?

They have beer and the usual movie theater snacks.

• Options
    LuckMonsterLuckMonster Registered User new member
    zfleeman wrote: »
    I'm heading to Boston with a few friends. We're probably just like all of you people, and enjoy a nerdy good time with drinks and music. At Prime, I attended a number of IGN sponsored parties and had a blast. This year, I'm looking for a non-sponsored good time at a bar with many people. Any dive bar would work. I just didn't know if there were any locals that have a favorite place.

What's the best party for my party and me?

You might want to check this out: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/155608/east-thirsty-for-booze-at-the-bcec-look-no-further

• Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    JayDfromMA wrote: »

I haven't.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Kyuss wrote: »

I haven't.

Me neither.

• Options
    Do we know if the RSVP is for +1 or only for you?

• Options
    email4questionsemail4questions Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    Everyone is saying the Wargaming party is the party to be at, top shelve open bar and Pete Tong Dj'ing. Supposedly they are taking over TWO venues and their GDC party was insane with Diplo and Above & Beyond. Does anyone have an invite, I want to go soooo bad.

email4questions on
  • Options
    FullbobFullbob Registered User regular
    Everyone is saying the Wargaming party is the party to be at, top shelve open bar and Pete Tong Dj'ing. Supposedly they are taking over TWO venues and their GDC party was insane with Diplo and Above & Beyond. Does anyone have an invite, I want to go soooo bad.

Yep, got an invite ;) but on a side note, if you have a World of tank account, just post on their website to "maybe" get an invite ... http://worldoftanks.com/news/1167-world-tanks-anniversary-party-6apr2012/

• Options
    :( I am hoping to plead my case to them at PAX

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    since the Brattle thing is sold out is anything else going on Thursday for an early-comer? My buddy is getting in on Friday and I'm primarily planless, aside from the TTG thing at the Westin.

Anybody know of anything else cool going on that a solo cat could easily slide into?

• Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Welp I'm going to guess that Curse is just going to be emailing directions to the venue in that confirmation email. A lot of people are going to be away from a printer by the time they send it so I don't think they are emailing tickets or anything.

• Options
    ScrumpScrump Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    Man that Wargaming party looks like it is going to be awesome. Here's hoping for an invitation.

• Options
    I heard that Curse may be sending them today. Just a guess.

• Options
    maryboo247maryboo247 Registered User regular
    I heard that Curse may be sending them today. Just a guess.

I sent them a message on facebook and they said confirmation emails should be going out today!

• Options
    MajorPixelMajorPixel Registered User new member
    Looks like Irrational Games has some fun stuff planned... http://irrationalgames.com/insider/irrational-games-at-pax-east-2012/

• Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    MajorPixel wrote: »
    Looks like Irrational Games has some fun stuff planned... http://irrationalgames.com/insider/irrational-games-at-pax-east-2012/

Yup. I've already got my invite to their shindig. Can't wait. :)

Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Krissta wrote: »
    MajorPixel wrote: »

Yup. I've already got my invite to their shindig. Can't wait. :)

I didnt know they were sending invites to this years party. Forums?

• Options
    email4questionsemail4questions Registered User new member
    I contacted the Wargaming host and they said that there will be a line for non-invitees to get in, just have to get there early with your PAX badge. YAY!! See everyone soon. Now for a Curse party invite...

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    To anyone going to the HAWKEN party.

Myself and a friend are planning on going. Is anyone else interested in splitting a cab there and back? It is a rather long bus or train ride there, so I think a cab would be more direct and faster. If we get enough of us we could call a van service.

• Options
    ScrumpScrump Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    FYI: World of Tanks Anniversary Party invitations do not include a +1

• Options
    I contacted the Wargaming host and they said that there will be a line for non-invitees to get in, just have to get there early with your PAX badge. YAY!! See everyone soon. Now for a Curse party invite...

I was told perhaps today.....tomorrow I hope?

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

Myself and a friend are planning on going. Is anyone else interested in splitting a cab there and back? It is a rather long bus or train ride there, so I think a cab would be more direct and faster. If we get enough of us we could call a van service.
    My +1 and myself would be down for this. Would be much shorter than a 40ish minute mass transit ride each way.

• Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote: »

My +1 and myself would be down for this. Would be much shorter than a 40ish minute mass transit ride each way.

Great. Shoot me a PM with your contact info.

• Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    I am up for sharing a cab going to the hawken party....let me know, there is going to be two of us as if now....

• Options
    MC_PrinceMC_Prince Registered User new member
    Curse party on Friday

http://t.co/6Ra5H7a2

• Options
    NoMoreHeroNoMoreHero Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    One of my in touch tech friends just told me this

"Attention all PAX-goers: according to Ross Furman, the Gamers Gone Wild ‘12 at PAX East has been canceled due to legal issues with the venue."

Can anyone confirm/deny this? Also should we band together as a community and get another going?

NoMoreHero on
  • Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    According to their Facebook page, that appears to be the case.
    Due to unforeseen last minute circumstances Gamers Gone Wild has been cancelled. We will issue a full statement tonight.

http://www.facebook.com/events/329912180380991/

Edit:

Also confirmed via Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/#!/DigitalNoob_com
    The venue that we were hosting our Gamers Gone Wild Party Has Been Shut Down Indefinitely due to legal issues

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    ty for the link!

• Options
    We need to be able to do something! This event is so much fun! We must have enough resources at our disposal to finagle another venue?!?

• Options
    d3c0yd3c0y Registered User regular
    Well, this is disappointing. Their event last year was pretty fun.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    NoMoreHero wrote: »
    We need to be able to do something! This event is so much fun! We must have enough resources at our disposal to finagle another venue?!?
    Resources isn't the issue. Timing is. That's not the kind of event you can book a venue for, get the new arrangements reworked on the back end for the new location, and then get the new location out to all the attendees in 48 hours. It sucks, but there isn't a whole lot to be done at this point.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    I am aware of this, just getting hopes of for a fun friday with cool people only to see it go down a bit >_>

• Options
    edited April 2012
    NoMoreHero wrote: »
    I am aware of this, just getting hopes of for a fun friday with cool people only to see it go down a bit >_>
    Don't forget, you are still at PAX! It's never fun to see something like that cancelled, you don't have to go sit in your hotel room for that time block. It's way too late to try and organize something new, but there is all kinds of stuff already going on both Friday and Saturday. Take a look at the parties thread, and keep your eyes peeled at PAX for flyers, and keep an eye on Twitter. There's plenty of other fun things to do on Friday.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    Oh don't you worry. I am aware of this. I live north of boston and most of my friends are attending the Anime Boston event at the Hynes. So I have options just would rather do something as big as GGW

• Options
    Pulling a few strings, seeing if we can get this to work.

• Options
    JewoJewo Registered User new member

Just got mine a few minutes ago!

• Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    wow I DID NOT hear about the GGW party, got-damn. I was all psyched to go this year as last year I couldn't get in the door for showing up too late.

That being said, I DID just receive my Curse party RSVP, so Saturday seems like a lock...

thanks for spreading the info.

• Options
    TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, how are they planning on telling who is a "Registered or Premium Member" at the Curse party exactly? I don't remember having to enter that much information when creating my Curse account.

Edit: Just saw that the people over at World of Tanks let everyone in that requested an invite via the forum/comment link about the party on the worldoftanks.com home page news.
    forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/111220-world-of-tanks-anniversary-party-6apr2012/page__st__120

Traitorious on