As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Got a Falcon last night which I hadn't used before. It's like a bouncy grenade launcher. I doubt I'll use it all that often but combined with some Cryo rounds it's pretty useful.
    Was freezing whole packs of enemies while the rest of the team mowed them down.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    But seriously, is there somewhere where PC players organize games? There are like only 5 people who play it in the steam group chat

Add everyone on this list to your Origin friend's list and invite them to games as needed.

How would one go about getting their name added to that?

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »
    But seriously, is there somewhere where PC players organize games? There are like only 5 people who play it in the steam group chat

Add everyone on this list to your Origin friend's list and invite them to games as needed.

How would one go about getting their name added to that?

The link to do that is in the OP.

In other news, just had my first glitchy multiplayer game, though I'm surprised it's taken as long as it did. After being revived, ended up floating a few feet off the ground and unable to shoot. Such a pain. I couldn't even use a missile to take out an Atlas that was right in front of me.

I was a sentinel, thought it only happened to vanguards.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    You'll want to pick and choose. Origin only lets you add 100 friends.

TTODewback wrote: »
    Sorry about dropping in the middle of a gold match last night. My home internet connection went down during some thunderstorms and didn't come back up before I went to sleep.

No worries. We were three-manning gold for awhile like a baws until Basil came in to help us out in the later waves.

• lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Machismo wrote: »
    Christ. I need to finish this game to understand why everyone's panties are in a bunch over the ending.

This is almost as bad as the Fallout 3 ending... fallout.
    It's a bit limp, and doesn't really make that much sense (at least very little is explained). The guys saying that have a point.

The guys saying it retroactively ruined the whole series and rendered any fun they had, are having, or may have in the future completely null and void... well, those guys are complete fucking menthalists as far as I'm concerned.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I'll be back on this evening, playing around with the Crusader again and buying as much Super-Duper Spectre Packs as possible.

Bless your heart.
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Orca wrote: »
    Sorry about dropping in the middle of a gold match last night. My home internet connection went down during some thunderstorms and didn't come back up before I went to sleep.

No worries. We were three-manning gold for awhile like a baws until Basil came in to help us out in the later waves.

We would have totally finished it too. Salarian Engineer + Salarian Infiltrator + Asari Adept = Perfect Gold Combo
    But Basil coming in to ensure a gold victory certainly didn't hurt ;-)

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The price on the Advanced Training in the datapad app has been reduced. So no taking 8 months to get it now.

OH THANK THE GODDESS!

FFS, there's 3 tiers to that upgrade and the other ones got progressively more expensive. And the first step was 500k, when you can only earn ~16k per day if you did the longest missions 3 times. I'd been hoping that would be tweaked.

Also, killing 2 mooks with a piercing sniper rifle is never going to get old.

Nor is killing things through walls. Not just cover, actual walls.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • lu tzelu tze Sweeping the monestary steps.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You'll want to pick and choose. Origin only lets you add 100 friends.
    This is insane.

How did this even get past a design review?

How did it even get past the first brainstorming session?

I've seen better ideas written on toilet walls... it's not even an idea, it's an anti-idea.

lu tze on
    World's best janitor
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Finally got around to beating it:
    I'm still not entirely sure what...happened. I guess I stopped the reapers and banished Liara, Joker, and Garrus to a jungle love planet for a lifetime of menage-y bliss? *shrug* I really have no idea how my decisions influenced the ending and frankly don't much care. Also, I didn't even get to bone anyone in an awkward manner! I'm pretty over games that have 14 endings or parallel playthroughs that are sold as high content, decision-oriented games. Boring and artistically diluted.

THAT said...I'm not sure why people are so up in arms, either. I may just be a little too apathetic to the series as a whole to fairly understand.

The bolded part would be the reason for a lot of people, although
    The fact that my love interest, Garrus, is stuck on a planet with no food that he can eat was really my biggest concern when I watched the ending the first time, at least until I mentally retconned it to the assumption that Joker just happened to discover a garden world very near earth, so rescue teams and more importantly the Quarian fleet (and it's liveships, filled with a sustainable food source for dextros) are both nearby. Magically discovering a garden world at least makes more sense than the space magic synthesis ending.

That still doesn't explain why Joker fled the battle while Shepard's life was on the line, though. Since when does Joker leave Shepard behind to die? Completely contrary to the character.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    AH HA HA HA HA HA.

It used to be that tier 1 was 500k.

Now it's 10k. T2: 25k. T3: 40k.

I had 225k saved up, upgraded it fully and still have 150k left over.

I'd hoped they'd cut the numbers significantly, but ye gods, it's beyond even what I'd hoped for.

Makes me think that when they set this up, they misplaced a zero or two.

Edit: now to find out how effective it is.

It seems we lose about 1% readiness per 8 hours, and the app let you earn ~1.67% per 5 1/2 hours, so with regular use you could stay at 100% easily. Let's see how good 3 levels of "super awesome commendation" makes it.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    You now get 3.17% Readiness from each 5 1/2 Hour Mission with full upgrades. So yeah, you only have to do 1 mission a day to keep Readiness maxed.

Bless your heart.
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I made the mistake yesterday of joining a game before I realized if anybody's mic was active. I spent the first five waves of Silver Geth in Glacier listening to some stupid teenager say "Wassup ladies?"

over and over and over

Eventually he shut up (the other guy with a mic told him to concentrate on the mission) and we won extraction. Still, near the beginning I went down once and let the geth stomp on me because I was just fine with wiping if it meant I didn't have to hear the immortal unanswered question of "wassup ladies?" again.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Was it up?

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I made the mistake yesterday of joining a game before I realized if anybody's mic was active. I spent the first five waves of Silver Geth in Glacier listening to some stupid teenager say "Wassup ladies?"

over and over and over

Eventually he shut up (the other guy with a mic told him to concentrate on the mission) and we won extraction. Still, near the beginning I went down once and let the geth stomp on me because I was just fine with wiping if it meant I didn't have to hear the immortal unanswered question of "wassup ladies?" again.

That's when I hop into an XBox Live Party and hide. IDDQD can back me up on that :)

Speaking of parties, sorry I didn't hop into parties with a few of you guys last night and this morning. I had "things" to deal with.

• ValleoValleo Registered User regular
    Got the N7 Eagle from my pack (after getting the Hurricane last time). Then, while saving up my 99k I managed to disconnect from a silver match with 12 seconds left on the last round. Fucking game!

:(

I'll be back online tonight.

• CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm pretty sure using the Valiant is some sort of war crime. I have to imagine they're going to nerf it at some point, because it makes all other sniper rifles (except for maybe the Black Widow) look like complete trash.

Everything just melts.

Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Lemming wrote: »
    There's no point in using a sniper rifle with the Salarian Engineer. If you want to use a sniper rifle, just use the infiltrator. That way, you can cloak, then energy drain, then shoot, which gives you a huge boost to damage. Stick with pistols, I can't stand using the predator because you have to click too much and you can't be as accurate. The carnifex is probably overall better than the phalanx, but the higher weight will hurt for a while.

That said I still think that using a sniper for Salarian Winfiltrator is a waste. With proxy mine, energy drain, cloak with 2 powers and a pistol, you're extremely versatile. Sniping can be great, but there are lots of situations where you can get quickly get overwhelmed.

I for one do not think being a whirlwind of death is a "waste". Cloak + energy drain + max fitness already gives you all the escape and survivability you need.

Yep. Proxy Mines for Salinfiltrators are ... not good at all.

Salinfiltrators have everything going for them, with absolutely no downside: Tactical Cloak is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, because it offers huge offensive and defensive capabilities; Sniper Rifles like the Widow, Black Widow, and Valiant, offer essentially unparalleled long-range DPS, and chew through armor; Energy Drain allows you to deal with shields and barriers (and, when upgraded with Drain and Armor Boost, grant you incredible toughness to go along with your already incredible elusiveness); unlike some of the other alien races, Salarians can still roll-dodge, making them that much more defensive.

By capping out Tactical Cloak, Energy Drain, Salarian Operative, and Fitness, you are essentially an unstoppable killing machine on any difficulty. Proxy Mines add nothing appreciable, in my opinion. Not compared to what you give up on, anyway.

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Was it up?

No. It most certainly was not up.

• Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    Played my Gold for the second time last night, and managed a full extraction. Asari, Drell and Human Adepts with a Human Sentinel pretty much wrecked Cerberus' shit. Got a bit dicey on Wave 6, but I somehow pulled some hero shit and kept us in it for the big payoff.

Then my premium SPECTRE pack gave me an Asari Adept and a Hornet! :)

Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
  • Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    There's no point in using a sniper rifle with the Salarian Engineer. If you want to use a sniper rifle, just use the infiltrator. That way, you can cloak, then energy drain, then shoot, which gives you a huge boost to damage. Stick with pistols, I can't stand using the predator because you have to click too much and you can't be as accurate. The carnifex is probably overall better than the phalanx, but the higher weight will hurt for a while.

That said I still think that using a sniper for Salarian Winfiltrator is a waste. With proxy mine, energy drain, cloak with 2 powers and a pistol, you're extremely versatile. Sniping can be great, but there are lots of situations where you can get quickly get overwhelmed.

I for one do not think being a whirlwind of death is a "waste". Cloak + energy drain + max fitness already gives you all the escape and survivability you need.

Salinfiltrators have everything going for them, with absolutely no downside: Tactical Cloak is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, because it offers huge offensive and defensive capabilities; Sniper Rifles like the Widow, Black Widow, and Valiant, offer essentially unparalleled long-range DPS, and chew through armor; Energy Drain allows you to deal with shields and barriers (and, when upgraded with Drain and Armor Boost, grant you incredible toughness to go along with your already incredible elusiveness); unlike some of the other alien races, Salarians can still roll-dodge, making them that much more defensive.

By capping out Tactical Cloak, Energy Drain, Salarian Operative, and Fitness, you are essentially an unstoppable killing machine on any difficulty. Proxy Mines add nothing appreciable, in my opinion. Not compared to what you give up on, anyway.

Well, proxy mines can be used to "debuff" enemies, and when specced for damage are good when you're engaging multiple enemies. Either kills them or wounds them significantly and staggers.

With fitness and the resistance bonus from energy drain you can withstand quite some damage. And when your shields do get depleted you can just use drain to get them back up, though if you use it regularly that shouldn't even happen unless youre surrounded.

The Talon works pretty good with a winfiltrator as well: Kills normal enemies in two shots, and coupled with energy drain you can take on all other enemies. When you're using the proxy mine for resistance reduction it can go through armor quite well too, if you just keep firing. The downside is that you have nothing except energy drain and the proximity mine at long rangers, and the latter has a high cooldown and isn't very accurate.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Whoa, the Wiki pointed this out.

On the Carnifex page:
    Should the player choose to sabotage the genophage cure, Shepard threatens Mordin with a Carnifex, the weapon Mordin offered the commander as a sign of goodwill.

I'm now convinced that if you take that course of action, you are Hitler.

Worse than Hitler.
    Because Hitler didn't shoot Mordin.

• tralevtralev Registered User regular
    Long time lurker - just have to comment that I'm doing really well with the Mattock on my Human Engineer. Overload works on everyone and I can just throw tons of mattock rounds into the crowd. Only have been doing bronze though...

I did just unlock the Scorpion though, any thoughts on it?

Steam: tralev PS3: GeekMcD
    tralev wrote: »
    Long time lurker - just have to comment that I'm doing really well with the Mattock on my Human Engineer. Overload works on everyone and I can just throw tons of mattock rounds into the crowd. Only have been doing bronze though...

Someone earlier was posting an Asari Vanguard build that used it. I certainly wish I had one.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    tralev wrote: »

Some of its rounds seem to disappear without causing damage. When it works it's good, can take out groups of enemies at once and does good damage against everything. It's pretty heavy though, so I don't know if it'd be a good weapon for an Engineer.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    The price on the Advanced Training in the datapad app has been reduced. So no taking 8 months to get it now.

Thanks for pointing this out - I just went from almost 20% of the way to tier 1 to fully upgraded... Nice!

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    milk ducks wrote: »

Proxy mines with the 20% extra damage upgrade from all sources are pretty damn good. If you can hit with them they do a ton of great area damage too. They are good. The only negative is a terrible delivery system. I don't know what groups you roll with but bringing down Boss types 20% faster is a massive boon in pub group. Mostly because I end up doing it myself.

Blood Drive on
  • jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    Huh... I promoted two dudes on Saturday night / Sunday morning. Went into my account today and there's no special packs.

Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    gjaustin wrote: »

over and over and over

That's when I hop into an XBox Live Party and hide. IDDQD can back me up on that :)

Speaking of parties, sorry I didn't hop into parties with a few of you guys last night and this morning. I had "things" to deal with.

Had a funny XBox live moment this weekend. Guy's mic just kept broadcasting. But what was weird was this sort of bubbling sound that was happening every 20 seconds or so. It took me a second to realize what it was.. but he was playing really well. So finally I said, Damn dude, you play really well when stoned! He said, "Hell yeah!". No 420 in his name or constantly saying how high he was... just a good player. bong hit every 20 seconds and he's good to go.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

over and over and over

Had a funny XBox live moment this weekend. Guy's mic just kept broadcasting. But what was weird was this sort of bubbling sound that was happening every 20 seconds or so. It took me a second to realize what it was.. but he was playing really well. So finally I said, Damn dude, you play really well when stoned! He said, "Hell yeah!". No 420 in his name or constantly saying how high he was... just a good player. bong hit every 20 seconds and he's good to go.

Every twenty seconds? Like even in the middle of a wave? Dude's a boss.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    jeddy lee wrote: »
    Huh... I promoted two dudes on Saturday night / Sunday morning. Went into my account today and there's no special packs.

I haven't changed any settings and I got the last challenge packs

0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    Opposite for me. The last challenge glitched out and my packs deleted themselves but everything worked fine this time.

Bless your heart.

I haven't changed any settings and I got the last challenge packs

Oh here is why. Bioware posted this

Hi all,

We granted the Victory and Commendations Packs from Operation Raptor last night but this morning it was identified that many people were using an exploit to get multiple packs. In order to stop the problem we had to suspend the granting of packs immediately. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. We will restart the granting of packs once this issue has been fixed.

Scylla Costa.

0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
  • IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular

over and over and over

Indeed my friend, indeed.. I will say this though, the ME3 MP community on 360 is remarkably friendly - only ran into 1-2 people that just wouldnt shut the hell up. The worst offended thus far? Someone that had probably 5 screaming kids in the background, seriously on meltdown status. Ahh parenting.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • stratslingerstratslinger Registered User regular
    Every now and then I'll get a weird audio feedback loop thing going... Like, I can hear two or three guy's TV's audio back through their mics. Makes for some pretty trippy matches.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    We granted the Victory and Commendations Packs from Operation Raptor last night but this morning it was identified that many people were using an exploit to get multiple packs. In order to stop the problem we had to suspend the granting of packs immediately. We are currently working on a fix for this issue. We will restart the granting of packs once this issue has been fixed.

I wonder if the exploit was "promote four/eight/ten/etc" characters. :p

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Someone, find me a use for the Arc pistol

because I've got it at rank IX now

It's the only rare I've got remotely that high. :(

Shadowhope wrote: »

I wonder if the exploit was "promote four/eight/ten/etc" characters. :p

I wish :). My guess is that it's related to people disconnecting or shutting off their system right as they purchase the pack. I could see that confusing the server enough to give it to you multiple times.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Someone, find me a use for the Arc pistol

because I've got it at rank IX now

It's the only rare I've got remotely that high. :(
    i'm so sorry

the only golds i've never gotten are the arc pistol and geth pulse rifle

truly i have been blessed