As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Cookie Brigade BINGO!

2»

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    aerynkelly wrote: »
    All donations go to Child's Play, so it is entirely up to the donor. The donation amounts vary so greatly that it's hard to really say what a "typical" donation amount is. Donations are not required to receive cookies.

i do realize donations are optional, but of course i plan to donate! guess i'll just wing it on the amounts.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    Usually I give them whatever I have on hand - sometimes that means a fiver for a single cookie, or a $20 for a few cookies. I try not to be greedy as far as depleting the brigadier's stock, especially since I know the money is going to a good cause anyway.

Nullzone wrote: »
    Usually I give them whatever I have on hand - sometimes that means a fiver for a single cookie, or a $20 for a few cookies. I try not to be greedy as far as depleting the brigadier's stock, especially since I know the money is going to a good cause anyway.

yeah, that's exactly my problem. normally i would do exactly that, but since i'm planning on getting a lot of cookies from a lot of different people (totally going for the blackout bingo), i need to pace myself.

7YIpfE5.png
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    question for brigadiers: what would you say is an appropriate (or at least a typical) donation for cookies? i certainly don't want to be cheap, but i also plan on getting lots and lots of cookies! trying to plan how much cash to have on hand.
    All donations go to Child's Play, so it is entirely up to the donor. The donation amounts vary so greatly that it's hard to really say what a "typical" donation amount is. Donations are not required to receive cookies.

Donate ALL your monies! ;)

• aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    Nullzone wrote: »

yeah, that's exactly my problem. normally i would do exactly that, but since i'm planning on getting a lot of cookies from a lot of different people (totally going for the blackout bingo), i need to pace myself.

If you're going for blackout, the card may assist you in deciding how much you want to bring for donations. Cards will be emailed tomorrow.

fss_overall.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    "zerzhul wrote:
    Donate ALL your monies! ;)

Thanks! Good to know that we'll be separating you from your last paycheck. :) I'll be sure to sit right next to you with a big bag full of cookies.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    I'll be emailing out the Bingo cards later today. Anyone else for Bingo?

fss_overall.png
    Bingo cards have been emailed out! If you didn't receive one and you signed up, please let me know!

Threeve: Please send me your email address.

We still have some open Bingo spots if anyone else wants to play!

fss_overall.png
  • NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I about had a heart attack when I saw my card until I saw that donations were cumulative. Totes going for the blackout victory, although I don't think I actually stand a chance of winning since I lose a third of my day to Enforcer shifts :P

IT'S FOR THE KIDS OKAY

Yes, donations are totally cumulative, and it doesn't have to be just your money... If say, you had a group of friends pool donation money to get a piece of the grand prize basket.... ;)

fss_overall.png
  • King of MarsKing of Mars A freak among weirdos A city in my mindRegistered User regular
    Card printed! The Cookie Brigands managed to avoid me all weekend last year, but this time, justice will be served! Or, cookies will be served. One or the other. I forget.

Writhe your naked ass to the mindless groove.
    twitter //
    3DS: 2492-5478-6311 // Steam & WiiU: kingofmars2099
    Yes, donations are totally cumulative, and it doesn't have to be just your money... If say, you had a group of friends pool donation money to get a piece of the grand prize basket.... ;)

i also thought i wouldn't be able to go for blackout when i saw the largest donation amount on the card (i am but a poor grad student), but then i realized that whole getting your friends to pool cash thing and yeah, i'm gonna try to go for it. yay cookies!

7YIpfE5.png
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    WHEW! Good to hear the donations are cumulative. I've got cookie cash, but not THAT much cookie cash. :P Hm... so how do the brigaders know how much we've donated? Like, if we get the $5, $10, and $15 square, and then we donate $10 more, they'll know to give us the 25$ square, right?

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    i think my cookies may be a rarity i only have 24 zip locks made up 3 cookies a bag i may make another 12 bags - 24

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    I recommend players follow and use the #cookiebrigade hashtag on twitter, I know several brigadiers will be following it as well and using it.

Propriety wrote: »
    WHEW! Good to hear the donations are cumulative. I've got cookie cash, but not THAT much cookie cash. :P Hm... so how do the brigaders know how much we've donated? Like, if we get the $5, $10, and $15 square, and then we donate $10 more, they'll know to give us the 25$ square, right?

The squares will be marked off, and I've instructed brigadiers not to cover the $ amount so that they can tell what the next donation amount would be (so yes, it would be $25 in your scenario)

fss_overall.png
    I will also be using the hashtag #paxbingo to make announcements during the game (such as winners.)

If you have questions or need to reach me while at PAX, you can PM me here, email me, or tweet me.

fss_overall.png
  • DJ LushiousDJ Lushious Registered User regular
    Wait... So, we have the chance to win cookies by hunting cookie peddlers and eating their cookies?! I feel like I need to sign up for this!

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Card printed LETS GET SOME COOKIES!

NOTICE: Dickerdoodles on the Bingo cards has been replaced with Snickerdoodles

fss_overall.png
    1st, 2nd, and 3rd prizes have been won! Blackout bingo for the grand prize is still out there.. If anyone needs bacon chocolate chip for their bingo, I have a limited few left, find me on twitter @aerynkelly

fss_overall.png
  • AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    This was a great idea....had a blast finding all the yummy cookies!!!!

I'm really glad people had fun - it's kinda crazy that 20 people out of thousands were able to find and enjoy our noms.

Clearly this was our first go at this and we learned a lot, so there will be improvements in the next go.

fss_overall.png