As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[STEAM] Thread: CLOSE ME! DO IT!

• R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    busfahrer wrote: »
    Suds wrote: »
    I updated the signatures. Do you guys see what's different? It's subtle.

The game picture to the left now seems more pronounced, don't know why, though.

I think they are slightly smaller, leaving a gap between the game picture & background pic creating a border for them.

Edit: TOTP Classiness

vmtdB.gif

R0land1188 on
    steam_sig.png
  • SudsSuds Registered User regular
    No, none of these things have been changed.

camo_sig2.png
  • busfahrerbusfahrer addict GermanyRegistered User regular
    imgur is being strange today. Let's try this:
    Ax9fW.png

B2b1M.gif
    Twitter: busfahrer -- Quake Live: busfahrer -- StarCraft II: busfahrer.184 (EU)
  • R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    No I accidentally did a url instead of an image.
    No, none of these things have been changed.

I see that there is a difference, but I am not sure what.

steam_sig.png
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    In fact, I'm just going to repost my sales pitch for SpaceChem
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Yeah, Tetris follows its own internal rules very consistently. You don't have a lot of leeway in what you're allowed to do.

All puzzle games are this way. Complaining about it in Braid is pretty asinine.

Not all puzzle games. I know I'm a whore for this game, but if anyone wants a puzzle game where you invent your own solution rather than discovering an intended solution...

For example, in one of the earlier levels you get H2 from one input, O2 from the other input, and you have to split them both apart and rebond them into H2O2 before outputting it.

Here was how I solved it:

And here is somebody else's solution:

And a third, for good measure:

Greatest. Puzzle game. Ever.

And then there's my solution
    R0SsO.gif

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Spacechem might be the best game with "space" in the name that I've played.

And I love space and hate chemistry more than anything, so that's saying something. Spacechem is the best. I'm still stuck on the fourth or fifth planet, but I don't care, it's the best.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    busfahrer wrote: »

The game picture to the left now seems more pronounced, don't know why, though.

I think the picture to the left with the logo is new, and the text showing the Steam ID/game/time played has been moved to be to the right of the picture.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

It shows in the little avatars whether the person is online or not?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Cloudbomb's a real classy gent that gave me Dear Esther just now.

• ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    105 is a lot of hours to be playing Dungeon Defenders, Skut.

I guess it's pretty good then?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    i beat Assassin;s Creed 2 today.

That ending was crazy shit. more games should end with
    a barefisted brawl with the pope, who has a magic staff that can kill people at a distance.

But hey, my back's Log is shrinkaging.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

a barefisted brawl with the pope, who has a magic staff that can kill people at a distance.

No, every game should end like that. Name a game that you think wouldn't be improved with that ending. It can't be done.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I really want a weekend/daily where Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity is 10 bucks (as I already have it on Impulse, but I want it on Steam). That way I can buy it, take advantage of Ironclad Games's 10 dollar discount on Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion for previous owners, and then play the beta of Rebellion.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Quote tunnel didn't work right, bah.
    L0IF8-VQEMD-H2Y7X

CheesecakeRecipe on
    edited April 2012
    Shimshai wrote: »
    105 is a lot of hours to be playing Dungeon Defenders, Skut.

I guess it's pretty good then?

If you like watching numbers go up and colorful graphics, yes, yes it is. It's like Tower Defense Diablo in regards to loot and numbers going up. We've also been doing a lot of the challenges and achievements since they actually unlock stuff in game, usually. That and our characters are getting to where we can do endgame stuff easily, so that's always interesting.

SkutSkut on
  • GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    So for some reason I am thinking of buying Unreal Tournament 2004. Do people still play this online? Are all of the people who still play it burly men? If so, will they use lube?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Echo wrote: »
    SteevL wrote: »
    Oh hey, they're kickstarting a Shadowrun game.

Cue tons of people saying it rips off The Matrix. :P

The Matrix is the reason we'll never get a proper Neuromancer movie, and for that I hope the Wachowski brothers get hit by a meteor and die.

SmokeStacks on
  • CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    In all likelihood a Neuromancer movie would be terrible so you may want to pat them on the back.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

No, every game should end like that. Name a game that you think wouldn't be improved with that ending. It can't be done.

Best part was how historically accurate the game is! It's like a history lesson! Except not boring!

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Gaslight wrote: »
    So for some reason I am thinking of buying Unreal Tournament 2004. Do people still play this online? Are all of the people who still play it burly men? If so, will they use lube?

I have it on steam, but haven't played for awhile. I also have UT99 on gog. People still play them, and I'm sure more people play 2004 than UT3.

Steam: offday
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Corpekata wrote: »
    In all likelihood a Neuromancer movie would be terrible so you may want to pat them on the back.

Conisdering how bad Johnny Mnemonic was, you're probably right.

• SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Alright, since nobody is getting it. The signatures will now show your most played game of all time when you haven't played anything for two weeks.

camo_sig2.png
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yep. Just realized it when I noticed that I havent played in over 2 weeks but it says how long I've played TF2. He ain't lying

I like it. Makes it not look so bad when you have no free time for games. You still look like a gamer..

b1rdman on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
  • Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Alright, since nobody is getting it. The signatures will now show your most played game of all time when you haven't played anything for two weeks.

That's rather excellent, nice one, good sir.

Probably should have realized when Minor Incident went from "No Games Played" to 34 hours of Payday. Either that, or I missed the most intense Payday game ever.

Lord_Snot on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Oh, wow, I'm amazed that Payday is my most played game.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Holy shit, Deus Ex: HR is coming out for the Mac! Now when I eventually buy it, I won't have to reboot to Windows. Yay, laziness!

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • b1rdmanb1rdman Registered User regular

Oh, wow, I'm amazed that Payday is my most played game.

And it is only 34 hrs. You spend too much time gifting. If that was a steam game, the hours played would be immeasurable.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 1118-0304-5441 | PSN: b1rdman385 | steam:b1rdman385 | BattleTag(Diablo 3): Marticus#1981 | NNID: b1rdman
    anoffday wrote: »
    Gaslight wrote: »

I have it on steam, but haven't played for awhile. I also have UT99 on gog. People still play them, and I'm sure more people play 2004 than UT3.

Hmm. $15 is asking a lot for an 8-year-old game.

So is the $10 GOG wants, for that matter.

• FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    My most played game is Mount and Blade: Warband at 215 total hours.

So I'll just make sure to play a game at least once every two weeks to keep that from advertising. I'm sure it wont be hard.

Are you the magic man?
    Mine's TF2 at uh.
    hours, granted some of that is idling.

TF2, 921 hours.

Some idling in there.

• JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    Frei wrote: »
    My most played game is Mount and Blade: Warband at 215 total hours.

So I'll just make sure to play a game at least once every two weeks to keep that from advertising. I'm sure it wont be hard.

349 hours on Mount and Blade: Warband.

/highfive

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Wow I thought I played a lot of TF2 at 90 some hours.

Also @Gaslight I'd wait for a sale to get UT99 on gog. It's still a good game, but yeah I think I got it during a sale for like 4 bucks or something.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Its coming close to two weeks for me for unactive Steam duty.

• Lord_SnotLord_Snot Живу за выходные American ValhallaRegistered User regular
    55 hours in Skyrim.

I've got some catching up to do.

Big Isy wrote: »

According to your sig it's already there.

Just go play your PS3. We don't care. :cry:

• vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    My most is 78.3 for Fallout: New Vegas.

Annnnd that's going to increase as I want to playthrough it... again. For the third time, a full run with the DLC. I still have sidequests and stuff I haven't done in that game.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
    anoffday wrote: »
    Big Isy wrote: »

According to your sig it's already there.

Just go play your PS3. We don't care. :cry:

Haha, I was restricted to the living room for about a week and then kept busy with a family wedding so its been hard to get some time for PC gaming. Even now I can barely get around to playing stuff on Steam..... Doesn't stop me buying stuff though. Legend of Grimrock get!

Did you ever install the underground hideout? This thing has me addicted. I'm not even really doing quests anymore. I'm just collecting everything.

Must. Feed. The. Wall.

This discussion has been closed.