As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East registration is live! - 3 Day, Friday and Saturday Passes Sold Out

12346»

• _Kino__Kino_ Registered User regular
    edited January 2012
    If I buy two separate day passes does this mean I have to wait in line both days? Or can I just pick both up on Friday?

[edit] Whoops. Just realized that the tickets are mailed to you. Last year I had to buy my tickets much later so I didn't know.

_Kino_ on
  • KhmerrougeKhmerrouge Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    How much of a warning will we have before the single day passes are sold out? (Ex: "90% of the Single Passes are sold out!")

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Khmerrouge wrote:
    How much of a warning will we have before the single day passes are sold out? (Ex: "90% of the Single Passes are sold out!")

probably about when they reach 90%, unless they sell out from under them before they can give people a heads up.

Which really means, buy your passes ASAP because you can never really know WHEN they will all be gone.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    _Kino_ wrote:
    If I buy two separate day passes does this mean I have to wait in line both days? Or can I just pick both up on Friday?

[edit] Whoops. Just realized that the tickets are mailed to you. Last year I had to buy my tickets much later so I didn't know.

this is still a good question for those who do wind up buying later, or international folks who don't do fedex. i'm curious to know the answer, if anyone had this situation last year.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote:
    _Kino_ wrote:

this is still a good question for those who do wind up buying later, or international folks who don't do fedex. i'm curious to know the answer, if anyone had this situation last year.

Any passes purchased after the mailing deadline, or passes purchased for international folks who don't opt for FedEx, can be picked up Thursday afternoon (provided we do this again this year) or during the show proper.

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2012

Based on daily sales, Sat badges for PAX East will be gone in ~10 days.

zerzhul on
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    That_Guy wrote:
    10% is probably under 2000 badges, assuming attendance is similar to last year. PAX East 2011 was sold out and had 23,167 attendees/day (data from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/35775710/PAX Scales 2.1 10percent.jpg).

That brings back some awesome memories. PAX 07 was the best PAX to date and will probably remain the best PAX of all time. It wad the first year in the Down Town Seattle Convention center, more than doubling the available space. Lines were almost non-existant for anything you wanted to see. It was also the year where Will Wheaten did the keynote. I wish evey PAX could be as awesome as 07.

Wait, what? If you look at jaberwockynmt's link, you can see that PAX 07 had 0.66 people per square meter, and was actually MORE crowded than any PAX which has followed. PAX East 2011 was essentially the lowest density PAX ever at 0.27 people per square meter (essentially tying the pre-historic 2004). If PAX 2007 really was the "best ever," it wasn't because they had more space.

This year, if there really were 20% more passes sold, we should have a density of 0.32 people per square meter. Who made that graphic, anyway? It's awesome, but I'd love to see it updated with PAX Prime 2011 attendance figures.

• dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    zerzhul wrote:
    More like based on all the awesome PAX East details they will be dropping in ~10 days. (I hope.)

dalaamprince on
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote:
    More like based on all the awesome PAX East details they will be dropping in ~10 days. (I hope.)

SERIOUSLY. i have been checking the site obsessively, impatiently awaiting a schedule. the only thing more exciting than the schedule release is actually arriving at pax. i can't wait!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • JerzeyLegendJerzeyLegend Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    I have my badge.

Question: A friend on another forum/game clan I am a part of can no longer attend. I forwarded her the money she needed, and she forwarded me her confirmation email which I used to change the name and address on the pass, is that ok? This will be a second pass, for a friend who were are helping fund to get to PAX. I changed the address yesterday, just want to be sure it gets out in time.

JerzeyLegend on
  • CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I have my badge.

Question: A friend on another forum/game clan I am a part of can no longer attend. I forwarded her the money she needed, and she forwarded me her confirmation email which I used to change the name and address on the pass, is that ok? This will be a second pass, for a friend who were are helping fund to get to PAX. I changed the address yesterday, just want to be sure it gets out in time.

Are you saying you physically have a badge? That would make you the first person claiming to have one around here I think... and that would make that whole transaction seem a bit suspect?

Creamsteak wrote: »
    I have my badge.

Are you saying you physically have a badge? That would make you the first person claiming to have one around here I think... and that would make that whole transaction seem a bit suspect?

No, badges have not been mailed yet. I think he means that he already has one of his own on order.

I have my badge.

That's.... likely an ok transaction. However there may not be anything to stop her from just changing it back to herself. Mutual trust is a key component to making something like this work. You could email pax_questions@paxsite.com for an official answer.

edited February 2012
    < 1000 Saturday passes left.

We have less than 1k Saturday badges remaining for PAX East, if you are planning on attending now is the time to purchase.

zerzhul on
    edited March 2012
    75 Saturday passes left.

We have about 75 Saturday badges left that will sell out by today. You can see what's going on in the schedule here: http://ow.ly/9qUhp

zerzhul on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    i am really happy i got my passes for sat, that was close.

And as of now, according to the registration page, Saturday Badges are sold out!

• G33kGrrlyG33kGrrly Registered User regular
    Didn't they have an exchange program last year?
    I could have sworn that there was a way to transfer passes between people before they were mailed out (and securely, through legitimate, official, channels). Did this get nixed with the increased counterfeiting issues?

• JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    G33kGrrly wrote: »
    I could have sworn that there was a way to transfer passes between people before they were mailed out (and securely, through legitimate, official, channels). Did this get nixed with the increased counterfeiting issues?

Yes it did

• G33kGrrlyG33kGrrly Registered User regular
    JerYnkFan wrote: »
    G33kGrrly wrote: »

Yes it did

Well, phooey.

• Carmen SDCarmen SD Queen of the Poultry Minion ConnecticutRegistered User new member
    Is it possible to post a link for people to get refunds if they don't plan on using their tickets? I screwed up and didn't get Saturday tickets before they sold out and now stupid craigslist is flooded with them. Of course I am not getting them there, but it is frustrating that people do that.

Carmen SD wrote: »
    Is it possible to post a link for people to get refunds if they don't plan on using their tickets? I screwed up and didn't get Saturday tickets before they sold out and now stupid craigslist is flooded with them. Of course I am not getting them there, but it is frustrating that people do that.

There isn't a link to get refunds. The best anyone can do is email pax_questions@paxsite.com and plead their case for a refund. It says right on the registration page: "no refunds".

• ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    I'm really hoping that "pleading my case" will work, since I'm soon to be homeless and the money from the PAX badge I can't use any more would really do well going toward food/finding a place to live. Anyone have luck with talking to PAX about a refund?

UyhWici.png
    Considering yesterday was the last day to change addresses, it may be too late as the badge list is likely getting sent to the printer/shipper.

And I sent the email before the end of yesterday. If they can check the emails for last-minute address changes, they should be checking the email that people are being directed to for emergency refunds. Believe me, if there was any way I could go I wouldn't ask for a refund. And I would rather not take it to Craigslist with the new rules about reselling badges.

UyhWici.png
    And I sent the email before the end of yesterday. If they can check the emails for last-minute address changes, they should be checking the email that people are being directed to for emergency refunds. Believe me, if there was any way I could go I wouldn't ask for a refund. And I would rather not take it to Craigslist with the new rules about reselling badges.

yeah, the last minute address changes aren't through email, they're through the registration website :-/

Great. Well I'm still hoping. And if it doesn't go through I really wouldn't have a choice but to try selling them. I understand "no refunds" but at the same time I don't think of PAX as a store and I'm not a customer without a receipt, you know? I'm really broken up about not being able to go, and still having to spend $130 on badges for something I can't go to will really hurt (in the wallet).

UyhWici.png
  • ThundahbeardThundahbeard Registered User new member
    I have already purchased my badge for Saturday, as has my co-pilot. However, we have some friends that wish to go as well and with Saturday Badges sold out we were wondering if access is sold at door or whether you HAVE to have a badge to get in.

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    You have to have a badge to get in. Sold out means sold out. Passes are not held back for door sales.

E6LkoFK.png

• ThundahbeardThundahbeard Registered User new member
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    You have to have a badge to get in. Sold out means sold out. Passes are not held back for door sales.

Bummer.

heels wrote: »
    Just a heads up.

Badges have now been sent to the mailing warehouse, we will no longer be able to offer badge refunds at this time.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    So I have a friend who has his barcode to claim his pass at the will-call, however this friend can no longer attend.

Thankfully, we have another friend who CAN attend in his stead. But does anyone know how he can successfully claim that pass?

Can our original friend, like, copy his passport or something, and explain that This Other Specifically-Named Dude Will Be Claiming instead?

• SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    So I have a friend who has his barcode to claim his pass at the will-call, however this friend can no longer attend.

Thankfully, we have another friend who CAN attend in his stead. But does anyone know how he can successfully claim that pass?

Can our original friend, like, copy his passport or something, and explain that This Other Specifically-Named Dude Will Be Claiming instead?

Unfortunately not. It's too late to change the name on the pass registration.

"we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    Aw crap. So there's literally no recourse at this point? That pass can never be picked up, and will forever be wasted?

I can even have the current pass owner record an embarassing video of himself with photo ID and the guy who's supposed to be picking it up. We're pretty desperate over here.

Actually, nevermind, we just got an email from Reed Expo - they're gonna find a way to help us out.

I will make said friend record the embarassing video anyway.

• TraitoriousTraitorious Registered User regular
    Imperfect wrote: »
    Aw crap. So there's literally no recourse at this point? That pass can never be picked up, and will forever be wasted?

I can even have the current pass owner record an embarassing video of himself with photo ID and the guy who's supposed to be picking it up. We're pretty desperate over here.
    I believe the only available course of action is to have the person that can't attend make time to pick up the pass at will-call on Thursday/Friday and physically hand it off to the other person.

• mongadillomongadillo Registered User new member
    I have a Friday and a Saturday badge I cannot use. Will feel and ship overnight/second day.

edited April 2012
    I'm pretty sure we're solid. We double-checked with Reed Expo, and they said they can help us if we bring a copy of the emails we sent, a copy of the photo ID, etc. They really are swell people there - Mz. Glickstein helped me change my address three times for my first year at PAX Prime because I kept moving.

Honestly, I'm just super-impressed at how well they've managed to handle their end of PAX all the time.

Imperfect on