As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Train Alliance 2012

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    @smerk - Make sure that Danny or Jo checks your luggage in as theirs. Otherwise, your luggage will be unloaded at Albany.

• Nicole452Nicole452 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    On the star fox line and just realized Amtrak has us going to new york for our layover instead of union station dc. Does anyone know if they allow you to trade these out? i.e. trade our NY-boston ticket for a sonic line ticket?

• smerksmerk Registered User regular
    It's cool, Im not checking anyway. Thanks, though.

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
    Jeff, which bus are you on from Albany?

• BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Sitting with my group in the far corner trying to do class work with a shotty connection! They need a few more power supplies in this room.

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    I don't think he's planned that far out. I think he is still expecting to avoid the decision.

• mahshahmahshah Registered User regular
    So what car are you guys in on the Metal Gear Line? I'm boarding at Cleveland at around 6:00AM, and I imagine a number of you will be asleep.

No sleep. That would be silly.

Wont know untill after 9pm.

• alfalfadudealfalfadude ohioRegistered User regular
    mahshah wrote: »
    So what car are you guys in on the Metal Gear Line? I'm boarding at Cleveland at around 6:00AM, and I imagine a number of you will be asleep.

i get on in sandusky at 4am...you can sit by me, i'm a big dude with a big beard.

• ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    Sonic Line checking in. I'll be boarding at DC tomorrow around noon... What's the plan in terms of finding one another? Everybody to the back of the train, or what? Should be a fun time.

There's a group of five of us in the upper left corner of the south lounge feel free to join us I am in a orange griffball shirt. P.S we got a power supply :)

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    ian.samuel wrote: »
    Sonic Line checking in. I'll be boarding at DC tomorrow around noon... What's the plan in terms of finding one another? Everybody to the back of the train, or what? Should be a fun time.
    I'll be catching the Sonic line at BWI and I'm in the same boat. Worst case scenario, I'll just poke around until I find some people I recognize, but if someone on one of the first stops could hop on here and let us know where you all get situated, that would be awesome.

1tLJUH2O.png
    I'm still screwed for a train spot. Amtrak somehow lost my booking, and I only found out this morning. Managed to get a ticket to Albany, but fully booked further. If anyone getting on the megaman line at any point has a sleeper car by themselves, PLEASE let me know. I'll go halves wilt you on the sleeper, and I'll be in the dining car all night anyway.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Haha I found the group!

Only a half hour left of my 10 hour wait...

• BigSassyBigSassy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I'll be there too. There should be between 12-20 of us boarding at Union Station. In previous years it's been pretty easy to spot your fellow PAXers. In the previous two years, it took us a few stops to establish a base of operations, so to speak. We can work out our game plan tomorrow before we board :)

gespo89 wrote: »
    I'll be catching the Sonic line at BWI and I'm in the same boat. Worst case scenario, I'll just poke around until I find some people I recognize, but if someone on one of the first stops could hop on here and let us know where you all get situated, that would be awesome.

The plan is for me to get out at each station stop with a PAX sign raised over my head. So look for a tall guy on the platform when you're boarding the train. No promises on having a sign though (I'll try to make one tomorrow morning).

BigSassy on
  • ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    BigSassy wrote: »
    I'll be there too. There should be between 12-20 of us boarding at Union Station. In previous years it's been pretty easy to spot your fellow PAXers. In the previous two years, it took us a few stops to establish a base of operations, so to speak. We can work out our game plan tomorrow before we board :)

Awesome, can't wait! I suppose we're an easy enough group to pick out...

Nerds. Everywhere.

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    BigSassy wrote: »

gespo89 wrote: »

The plan is for me to get out at each station stop with a PAX sign raised over my head. So look for a tall guy on the platform when you're boarding the train. No promises on having a sign though (I'll try to make one tomorrow morning).
    Well, I'd recognize you anyways, so it's all good. (It was me that caught you at GameFest a couple weeks ago, if you remember)

1tLJUH2O.png
  • walnuttthewisewalnuttthewise Registered User regular
    My wife and I will be on the Sonic line at Union Staton also. Looking forward to meeting all you fellow PAXers. Bringing Fluxx and Zombie Fluxx for some pick up games and 3DS, DS for Mario Karts!

The drinks are expensive, but I'm a lightweight and the rum is flowing on Metal Gear.

@UEAKCrash where about's is the train now?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I should probably be sleeping already. Train leaves at 7:16am from Trenton. Oiy.

I will be the guy with a nice hockey playoff beard and maybe a Tron or Boba Fett hoodie.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Whelp this is it, I'll be hanging around the Amtrak terminal in Penn from about 1 to 2 in the afternoon since I booked the train before the Sonic line's planned time. Hope to see some of you there! I'll have a PAX East 2011 shirt on and be with a tall kid with a braided semi-mohawk thing.

• MakMak Registered User new member
    What line you will be on: Sonic
    Name: Matt
    Boarding Stop: BWI, MD
    Ticket Purchased: Yup.

@UEAKCrash where about's is the train now?

I have no idea, its pretty hard to make anything out outside of the train dince it is somewhat lit inside but pitch black outside. They aren't announcing stops because of how late it is.

word. im sitting by some random...dont know how/where to move to...halp!

Oh! Didn't realize you were on the train! We are almost entirely all in the furthest to the front car. There's a couple seats available all the way to the front.

I'm the guy with the blonde mohawk if you make it up there. Pretty much everyone else is sleeping, I'm tying and failing.

Anyone getting on Metal Gear: go as far to the front as you can, if you hit a sign that says crew members only, we are all right there. I'm sorry if there are other signs like this.

Looks like the front seats just got filled though. There are some next to other PAXers available still though.

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    Just got on the northeast regional in philly headed to beantown. 6:55 am

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Kyuss wrote: »

Pretty sure we are on the same train. We got on at 7:16 am in Trenton. We went all the way to the last car, actually second to last row. Pretty packed on here.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    redfield85 wrote: »

Pretty sure we are on the same train. We got on at 7:16 am in Trenton. We went all the way to the last car, actually second to last row. Pretty packed on here.

I'm with 2 others. Wondering if we should try to get us all on the same car.

redfield85 wrote: »

I'm with 2 others. Wondering if we should try to get us all on the same car.

• RoboticCheeseRoboticCheese Doctor Blacksburg, VARegistered User regular
    Sonic Line checking in, nearing Charlottesville presently. We're mostly (all?) grouped in train car #82688. Look for the East 2011 shirts and DSes and iPads everywhere.

• Thin Red PasteThin Red Paste Way out in the sticks.Registered User regular
    Got a long layover in union station, looking around for possible paxers. If you see a guy in a protomen shirt and what can only be described as a brown coat, hauling a big blue suitcase, yell "yo terp" until i look.

• GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    Sitting in 30th Street Station in Philly, though I have plenty of time before the 12:16 train.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    My friends and I will be taking the early morning Philly train as well.
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Sitting in 30th Street Station in Philly, though I have plenty of time before the 12:16 train.

Excellent! I am going to be there in... probably an hour, even though my train doesn't leave until 2 PM. :P

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
    Got a long layover in union station, looking around for possible paxers. If you see a guy in a protomen shirt and what can only be described as a brown coat, hauling a big blue suitcase, yell "yo terp" until i look.

I saw a guy with this description at 6am at the philly station.

• Thin Red PasteThin Red Paste Way out in the sticks.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, it seems like everyOne at union station has the shits, so be aware of that i guess.

Unfortunately kyuss that wasnt me. Nice to know im not the only one with taste though.

Thin Red Paste on
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Currently on northeast regional 172 in the dining car. We're almost to NYC. I have cookie Brigade noms and cookie brigade trading cards.

If anyone is on this train and interested I'm hard to miss. Black hat with a deadpool pin, left side of the train.

This discussion has been closed.