As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Died During [chat] Creation

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXzFetmvups

I can't believe that this is getting an English language release. I am so happy.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Oh well, I think I'll have to give them something. I'm an old SR geek, so it's a must.

This is how I feel

I feel like I owe Jordan Weisman at least a couple beers

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Oh well, I think I'll have to give them something. I'm an old SR geek, so it's a must.

This is how I feel

I feel like I owe Jordan Weisman at least a couple beers

Exactly. Maybe a keg.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Kickstarter has become practically passe in just two short months. It now feels like everyone's doing it.

Pretty much, after doublefine showed that it could be viable, a lot of developers are practically giddy with the idea of not needing to jump through the hoops that dealing with publishers usually involve and just making the game. So much so that I think they're choosing to ignore how fickle and demanding their customers will become now that they have 'invested' in a title.
    If you thought they were entitled children before this....

My concern with this glurge of Kickstarters is that the public will grow fatigued of it, and certainly can't afford to provide funding to all of them, so that projects that earnestly deserve funding will fail to get it as they are overlooked.

Wasn't one guy asking for $500,000 to translate a game?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Uesugi Kenshin + Mewtwo = sold

edit: also EEVEE

holy shit I am grinning like an idiot

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kickstarter has become practically passe in just two short months. It now feels like everyone's doing it.

Pretty much, after doublefine showed that it could be viable, a lot of developers are practically giddy with the idea of not needing to jump through the hoops that dealing with publishers usually involve and just making the game. So much so that I think they're choosing to ignore how fickle and demanding their customers will become now that they have 'invested' in a title.

My concern with this glurge of Kickstarters is that the public will grow fatigued of it, and certainly can't afford to provide funding to all of them, so that projects that earnestly deserve funding will fail to get it as they are overlooked.

No and that was the problem with it.

Hes asking 500k to make improvements to the game (fixing broken mechanics and whatnot and adding things like voice acting) and to make a really bitchin Collectors Edition (see the Lunar and Growlanser Packages)

The game is already being translated and brought overhere problem is he made an incredible retarded and uninformative Kickstarter page.

He said if it doesn't go through he would try it again in the future he now realizes the page was ass and that the game is really niche and on a dead platform

The only real issue is Japanese Developers and Publishers are very stupid and some are waiting to see how this goes before letting him license their games.

He implies there are very heavily requested games in the pipeline for all the consoles/handhelds.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

Yeah, that's going to happen - it's pretty much inevitable.

It's a shame, but there's not a lot you can do. I think kickstarter is a bubble right now, then it'll pop and level out. It should be fine once we hit the levelling out bit, and it'll be nice way for old franchises to come back but it's not the miracle cure to "evul publishers" that some people seem to think it is.

sig.gif
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    There's a guy in jail in Sweden who has been famously convicted of 12 murders. It's been unraveling over the years that this guy is seriously mentally ill, at the time of trial didn't know what he had done or not, and the prosecutor was a MAJOR fucktard.

So apparently most of the murders he's convicted of is based on him admitting to them and nothing more. They would approach this guy and ask "Did you kill X too?" and he would say that he did.

So basically this guy may or may not have murdered one person in real life, the rest of the murders are what the prosecution convinced a severely retarded person to admit. And so we have about 11 free murderers out there.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    boobs

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    boobs

Amen

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I am so psyched for that Pokemon conquest thing

• Options
    Holy shit, honk

• Options
    Seriously on the manor sim thing

I have an urge to play super-house

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Honk wrote: »
    There's a guy in jail in Sweden who has been famously convicted of 12 murders. It's been unraveling over the years that this guy is seriously mentally ill, at the time of trial didn't know what he had done or not, and the prosecutor was a MAJOR fucktard.

So apparently most of the murders he's convicted of is based on him admitting to them and nothing more. They would approach this guy and ask "Did you kill X too?" and he would say that he did.

So basically this guy may or may not have murdered one person in real life, the rest of the murders are what the prosecution convinced a severely retarded person to admit. And so we have about 11 free murderers out there.

I guess that's bound to happen from time to time. But for someone who admits to killing 12 people one should think the prosecution is reasonably careful about their findings.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is "extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

Haphazard on
  • Options
    That prosecutor is on some sort of DA esque level now, about 15-20 years after the trials.

I like it whenever the jailed person is acquitted of another murder, the media finds the prosecutor and just goes "You suck a great deal, care to comment?" but in slightly better words.

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    I was having a week long email exchange with someone I went to reply this morning and I got the message "This account no longer exists"

that's a harsh was to say I don't want to talk to you anymore.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

I hear that the doublefine support board is actually quite civil for the moment. This is a surprise and a shock to me. I thought it would be hell on earth as everybody battles to have their $15 of say in the game.

the whining kids have limited allowance

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Ya, he actually confessed to 30 murders. But at least half of them were not even remotely possible that he did.

• Options
    Sparvy wrote: »
    i kind of want a feudal manor simulation game

anyone know of any good ones?

The are the Stronghold series but I hear the last one was pretty shit and the old ones are ancient at this point.

The Guild could be another series I guess but I know very little about it.

Stronghold isn't at all what I have in mind, and The Guild is close but not quite.

Basically I want a social/management/construction sim that it appears nobody has actually made yet

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular

The are the Stronghold series but I hear the last one was pretty shit and the old ones are ancient at this point.

Stronghold isn't at all what I have in mind, and The Guild is close but not quite.

Basically I want a social/management/construction sim that it appears nobody has actually made yet

a game about being an aristocrat in, say, 1600s britain, where you manage your estate, family and holdings?

I would play such a game.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    The Anno series Elldren?

Lots of management at least.

• Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular

I hear that the doublefine support board is actually quite civil for the moment. This is a surprise and a shock to me. I thought it would be hell on earth as everybody battles to have their $15 of say in the game.

I have a horrible feeling that civility won't last. Soon it'll be a running gun battle with stupid bullets.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Abdhyius wrote: »

a game about being an aristocrat in, say, 1600s britain, where you manage your estate, family and holdings?

Yes, exactly

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

There would be a chaotic QTE when you are late to afternoon tea time.

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

Surely it would be mainly about knocking up the help and then having to deal with all your bastards.

• Options

Surely it would be mainly about knocking up the help and then having to deal with all your bastards.

Hooray more stableboys

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    You get me a design doc written up, Elldren and then I'll pitch it to my friends in the business. Those people may be relatives or imaginary. You don't need those details.

• Options
    You get me a design doc written up, Elldren and then I'll pitch it to my friends in the business. Those people may be relatives or imaginary. You don't need those details.

I said I wanted to play such a game, not make it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options

I said I wanted to play such a game, not make it
    You just want the moon on a stick.

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Woo, Android has Instagram.

Gonna make my photos look vintage and photo bomb people.

• Options
    Customize your victorian manor andd raise pokemon in this period drama

Fall 2013

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This bus is full of convention people.

• Options
    Actually I may just draw up some simple rules for a simple game to play by myself for my own amusement

wouldn't be the first time

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »

how can you tell

• Options
    How many utilikilts?

• Options
    This Burma business is pretty great. It seems legit. Can't remember any other time that a junta just decided to gradually decrease their dickness level.

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mim wrote: »

how can you tell

Just lots of talk about it.

• Options

Take photos. I'll judge them for you. How many are in My Little Pony costumes? 50%? 75%? All but you?

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i love how people think the people whining on the internet about computer games are young

theyre not

young people fucking love everything theyre like mw3? THAT SHIT IS SO TITE OMG I LOVE IT

its the older bitter nerds who complain about everything because theyre jaded as fuck

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Take photos. I'll judge them for you. How many are in My Little Pony costumes? 50%? 75%? All but you?

Only him

He is the loneliest brony

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.