As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Avengers: AvX CHAMPIONS. "wedabes" declares Captain America.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I didn't even try Marvel AR I am just annoyed by the big red logo on every second page.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    ok fair warning. the version of AvX infinite included in the end of AvX on the app doesnt work right it does standard page flips. the seperate version actually works right and it is like night and day reading it.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    They should have put AR codes into the AvX version so you can use another tablet on your tablet to see what you're missing.

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    ok fair warning. the version of AvX infinite included in the end of AvX on the app doesnt work right it does standard page flips. the seperate version actually works right and it is like night and day reading it.

FALSE, just turn on guided view when you get to the infinite part

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular

FALSE, just turn on guided view when you get to the infinite part

Unless that's on by default, it worked fine on my Kindle Fire without any effort by me.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hmm, I was having issues with the Infinite at the end of AvX too. Could have sworn I had Guided View on but will have to try again later.

Edit: hmm, works fine on my phone, never mind. My tablet must have some settings that aren't working right.

Elderlycrawfish on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    One thing I've been thinking about, why did Cap arrive at Utopia on the beach, and not at the usual landing pad area that we've seen?

Did his mind lapse, was he thinking about storming beaches again instead of checking out Myspace?

We have seen that beach section so many times I think it's some official holding ground or edge to Utopia. Everyone who wants some solitude or just to get away from the main breadth of Utopia goes there.

Maybe Cap just wanted a more-even ground.

huntresssig.jpg
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Cap swam there to prove a point.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • cshadow42cshadow42 Registered User regular
    Is it wrong to be looking forward to the double-amputee fight between Cletus Kassidy and Flash Thompson in the Carnage mini-series?

I guess it wouldn't really be wrong unless they threw John Walker into the mix.

MTGO Handle - ArtfulDodger
    Diablo 3 - ArtfulDodger#1572
    Minecraft - ArtfulDodger42
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    marvel-coming-soon.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    What is it teasing?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    We don't know yet

hence it teasing

CYpGAPn.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I saw the SE++ post
    Hawkeye seems like a good bet
    Can he float his own ongoing this time?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    I remain dubious

but I love Hawkeye

and Immortal Iron Fist is my favorite comic ever

so I am willing to give it a shot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Yeah, Fraction and Aja are both great artists, but I am a little skeptical of a Hawkeye-focused book unless they dramatically deepen his mythology.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I think a Teamup style Hawkeye book could work well, in the same vein as Avenging Spider-man's, is done.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    I think a Teamup style Hawkeye book could work well, in the same vein as Avenging Spider-man's, is done.
    Considering Captain America's team-up book's first arc is with Hawkeye and he is going to return in that title I doubt they'll give him a team-up book.

CYpGAPn.png
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Isn't Captain America and Bucky already being retitled Captain America and Hawkeye?

Hensler wrote: »
    Isn't Captain America and Bucky already being retitled Captain America and Hawkeye?
    Nah, it is Captain America and CharacterHeTeamsUpWithThatArc

it's Captain America and Iron Man after the first arc, for instance

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    That logo looks more feminine than most new designs, maybe it's the start of a YA teaser thing and that's Kate Bishop?

edit: maybe Kate joins the Defenders?

TexiKen on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Hmm Purple + Feminine, maybe Galacta gets to return!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    She-Hulk, maybe?

But all the arrow and target imagery definitely screams Hawkeye to me.

huntresssig.jpg
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    GIRL HAWKEYE.

Problem solved.

Honestley though Kate Bishop needs some lovin, she's a goddamn blank slate with a badass character design.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'd buy the shit out of a Kate Bishop/Elijah Bradley teen action duo book

action! adventure! romantic tension! it would have it all.

Plus Captain America and Hawkeye are a classic team, seeing Elijah and Kate team-up as well would be super-cool. They don't need the other stupid young avengers.

woah

I hadn't seen kate bishop before

she looks downright cool

huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Her and Patriot are the best Young Avengers by far

and yet all the stories focus on Wiccan

fuck off Wiccan

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    I liked Patriot a lot better with the whole hood mask - now that he doesn't wear that anymore, Kate Bishop is probably my favorite Young Avenger, even if I didn't like the whole rape origin and the way it was handled.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh hey she looks really cool. on another topic... Don't Google Image search her.

Solar wrote: »
    I'd buy the shit out of a Kate Bishop/Elijah Bradley teen action duo book

action! adventure! romantic tension! it would have it all.

Plus Captain America and Hawkeye are a classic team, seeing Elijah and Kate team-up as well would be super-cool. They don't need the other stupid young avengers.

hot dang, that would be cool

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Finally read the first issue of AvsX and I liked it well enough. Yeah it's a contrived way to start the conflict but Marvel had to make the issue reader friendly and it's not like Bendis is writing the whole story anyway. Look forward to issue two and the start of Versus.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Her and Patriot are the best Young Avengers by far

and yet all the stories focus on Wiccan

fuck off Wiccan

Seriously.

What that book should be teasing is a Hawkeye/Hawkeye book. Clint and Kate doing all kinds of squirrely arrow stuff.

PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    I'm guessing it's an Icon project.

I'm guessing it's an Icon project.

What are those?

huntresssig.jpg
    Creator owned titles.

I doubt it because they never tease them, they just announce them at cons with little fanfare.

CYpGAPn.png
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    Bleeding Cool seems pretty sure that it is a Hawkeye series, and a Hawkeye series by Fraction/Aja definitely has my interest, but it'll probably do similar to Bendis/Maleev Moon Knight :(

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    So Red Hulk seems to be the Avenger's field general in AvX whereas Cap is handling the big plans.

Gotta say it works, Rulk screaming like an angry drill sergeant is hella entertaining.

CYpGAPn.png
    I just cannot get over how great a character Red Hulk is.

Yeah, Parker worked miracles with him and seems that other writers are finally catching on. Bendis writes him wonderfully in New Avengers.

CYpGAPn.png
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    The one thing I noticed about Rulk's rogues gallery profile in #50 is that he doesn't have a Thing of his own; someone to just punch. Omegex is his Terminator, but the problem is that in that analogy Rulk is Kyle Reese. Punching isn't going to ever stop it.

Though Ajax served that role pretty well in #49. Hmm...

This discussion has been closed.