As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] Gamers Gone Wild '12 is CANCELLED

2»

• Options
    AcidicAcidic Registered User new member
    I see what you did Luca. >.< Though wouldn't we be going through time and space all the time?

• Options
    lucazzolucazzo Registered User regular
    We're doing a little contest/lottery drawing, with a dash of scavenger hunt thrown in.

The prizes? Two lucky winners will get the chance to be on the VIP list for Gamers Gone Wild, rub elbows, and brag away. Even better, you get to skip the line!

All details are here http://www.digitalnoob.com/contests-events/win-vip-pass-gamers-wild-12/

Hint, hint: a few of the Noobs will be found during the Pokecrawl. Team Totodile Gold ;-)

PAX East '11 Team Squirtle Group B - Professor.
    PAX East '12 Team Totodile Gold - Professor
  • Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »
    We're doing a little contest/lottery drawing, with a dash of scavenger hunt thrown in.

The prizes? Two lucky winners will get the chance to be on the VIP list for Gamers Gone Wild, rub elbows, and brag away. Even better, you get to skip the line!

All details are here http://www.digitalnoob.com/contests-events/win-vip-pass-gamers-wild-12/

Hint, hint: a few of the Noobs will be found during the Pokecrawl. Team Totodile Gold ;-)

This will be my first year at pax east, I'll be at the party and i hope to run into you for the contest on Friday

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    LinkSmashLinkSmash Registered User regular
    Man! I'm way too excited for PAX and the GGW right now! Can't wait to meet you guys!

• Options
    Gamers Gone Wild has been cancelled despite every last minute effort to pull it off. A full statement is here: http://www.digitalnoob.com/events/gamers-wild-pax-east-party-cancelled/

• Options
    triggerpappytriggerpappy Registered User regular
  • Options
    Here's the story of everything that happened. It hurt writing it. http://www.digitalnoob.com/events/communityevents/gamers-wild-pax-east-party-what-happened/

• Options
    ottoman673ottoman673 Registered User regular
    lucazzo wrote: »
    Here's the story of everything that happened. It hurt writing it. http://www.digitalnoob.com/events/communityevents/gamers-wild-pax-east-party-what-happened/

If i were you, I'd almost consider hiring a lawyer to overlook that contract for you, and then seeing if you can then move forward in making some kind of claim or suit against Royale.. I hate litigation just as much as the next guy, but they really seemed to work you over for a quick dollar. Following my math, you had managed to have all of about $500 come in through cover charges [50x$10] plus whatever you may have recouped in raffle ticket money [which went to CP anyway, so that number lies insignificant]. But there were [according to your article] three major breaches of contract - one, they did not open in time, two, they turned your guests away for a dress code that you had previously negotiated, and three, they should have extended your timed exclusivity, considering they opened late and [i'm assuming] the contract specified one whole hour.

I am by no means a professional when it comes to situations like this, but I've seen far more frivolous suits go far... maybe it'd be worth a shot? [and as a bonus, take the extra money you don't need to recoup your losses and donate to Child's Play?]

PAX East 2012 Checklist: [x] 3 Day Pass [x] Time off Work [x] Flight [x] Hotel
  • Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    I have a couple questions.. and some advice.. just because I don't want this sort of thing happening to you in the future. Again, I'm not trying to criticize your handling of it- I'm trying to help you avoid it in the future.

1) Do you guys have an actual local presence?
    - The first reason I ask, is almost no local I know would have chosen Felt.
    - The second reason I ask, is that I can tell you that no one outside of Boston City Hall could have helped you at all with your issue- or Felt's. MA doesn't really manage liquor stuff on a state level to any large degree- and Boston is very, very strict on its own laws for liquor and whatnot. I can tell you that Boston City Hall was the only people who could have helped you- The state was a useless step.
    - You absolutely, positively, should go through Boston City Hall before using a Lawyer. I can't divulge why in detail, but I absolutely promise you that they can help you- But the absolute short version is, Boston is happy with PAX being here, and while you aren't directly PAX, you're a side affect of it- and more business for local businesses. And those businesses screwed you. Catch what I mean?

2) Do you want some locals to help you out?
    - Several PAX forum locals I'm sure would be willing to recommend venues, and possibly handle initial negotiations for you. Size of party is the largest issue, as is dress code. I'm one of them, but depending on when you ask for help, I may or may not be able to- But I'm not the only Bostonian. We Are Legion.

3) Did you make Felt provide proof of revoation of Liquor license? If not, I suggest you force Felt to provide proof of revocation of Liquor License. They might have just been trying to get out of it. They're known to be... less than fun... to work with in the Boston community. It might have been, as Boston does that. But if they can't provide proof- they're actually liable for everything you spent trying to get it running somewhere else... even if your lawsuit against the first company fails.

4) Arsonbro is trying to set up a Boston PAX meetup in May, if you didn't notice. He probably wouldn't mind you all showing up in a low-key fashion and helping out your supportors.. and he's another of those Boston Pax People that have lots of Bar contacts that could be useful.

Anyway. Short version...

Ask us Locals. We would have told you to curse Felt out and run for the hills.

Ask us Locals. We have options for you- at least ahead of time. Even short term, we might make it work, but we need to know, and we'll help!

Let's make it happen next year, dudes.

~Kiashien

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    @Kiashien - Luca and Waterborn are both locals. Waterborn has run it for the past few years, with Luca helping out and taking over this year because Waterborn's getting married this month. If you look in the original GGW thread, you'll see Luca and Arson going back and forth about Felt a bit. . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    AcidicAcidic Registered User new member
    @Kiashien Yea, a lot of just wanted to find the nearest wall and just bang our heads. Also, I'm in full agreement that next year will be the best ever.

During PAX so many companies came up to us would pat our backs, talk a bit, and back us up that we tried our best. Even a few CEO's from some companies said they've got full support for 2013 and on. We really can't wait to start work on getting Gamers Gone Wild ready for 2013!

• Options
    KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Khadour wrote: »
    @Kiashien - Luca and Waterborn are both locals. Waterborn has run it for the past few years, with Luca helping out and taking over this year because Waterborn's getting married this month. If you look in the original GGW thread, you'll see Luca and Arson going back and forth about Felt a bit. . .

Good to know.

Yea, I saw a glimpse of that before I realized I couldn't make it and stopped following the initial thread.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.