As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

X-Men: Resisting Avengers Oppression For Five Decades

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I don't think Aaron cares much either.

It's Sabertooth! He's here! Go fight!

huntresssig.jpg
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    Haven't read Wolverine and the X-men yet, but over in Jason Aaron's Wolverine...
    A splinter branch of the Hand resurrected Sabretooth and Mystique.

Hensler wrote: »
    Haven't read Wolverine and the X-men yet, but over in Jason Aaron's Wolverine...

Can I get an issue reference for that one? I want to find out what's up with my favourite girlfriend.

huntresssig.jpg
    Arivia wrote: »

Can I get an issue reference for that one? I want to find out what's up with my favourite girlfriend.

Wolverine 300 - 304 is the arc, with 304 coming out next week. But it's probably the weakest arc of Wolverine that Jason Aaron has done.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah but that doesn't mean it is a bad arc

Aaron writes a fucking great Wolverine so even if it isn't on par with some of his other stuff it's still pretty damn good

CYpGAPn.png
    prv11990_pg2.jpg
    see

this is what I hate

they are the fucking Avengers they can help you you idiots

CYpGAPn.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    why the hell would sword NOT want to notify the avengers? that was sword right?

why the hell would sword NOT want to notify the avengers? that was sword right?

Brand is dating Beast. But I think it's more Gillen having a hard-on for SWORD and really trying to force that connection in Uncanny so far.

huntresssig.jpg
  • TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    But... the Avengers are with the X-Men there.

I want to know why the wide shot doesn't show anyone behind Cyke, but the inset shows Spider-Man and Hawkeye behind him. Where did they come from?

Actually, the more I look at that page the more questions I have, so I'm just going to stop.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Thanks for the Sabertooth answers all.

So much for magic katana decapitation.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Tomanta wrote: »

I want to know why the wide shot doesn't show anyone behind Cyke, but the inset shows Spider-Man and Hawkeye behind him. Where did they come from?

Actually, the more I look at that page the more questions I have, so I'm just going to stop.

I want to know what kind of freaky Fastball Special they've pulled off

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »

I want to know what kind of freaky Fastball Special they've pulled off

That was actually the next thing that raised questions.

Yes the Avengers are helping the X-Men contain a breakout from SWORD's orbiting thing

so the fact that Brand and Cyclops decide it is a great idea to just cut out the Avengers then is the dumbest thing

CYpGAPn.png
    I looked up the preview and found the method of extracting Hope amusing.

Blankzilla wrote: »
    Yeah but that doesn't mean it is a bad arc

Aaron writes a fucking great Wolverine so even if it isn't on par with some of his other stuff it's still pretty damn good

Yeah, it's still good and has some good plots ideas, but the execution just feels off. Like Jason Aaron got a new set of toys to play with and got bored with Wolverine. I was hoping for some crazy awesome finale that tops everything before it, like he did when he finished with Ghost Rider.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You would have thought that Scott would

y'know

ask the Avengers for help protecting mutants

seeing as they are cool dudes who would probably be like "sure"

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Last time Cyclops wanted the Avengers help, they wouldn't answer their cry for Justice! so that's probably why he doesn't want their help now. They'd side with that SWORD robot thing and say Hope was asking for it.

edited April 2012
    Some Gambit book or mini in August 2012. Not gonna post the image, because it's just the purple logo on black with August 2012.

Don't know if it's connected to the Fraction/Aja thing, Newsarama thinks so, could just be another book announced this weekend. Unless it's a Purple People Eater team book with Hawkeyes, Gambit, Citizen V and Psylocke (and Machine Man!). I think Gambit works better as a member of Legacy than giving him another solo series; he gives off the aura of needing to be a loner like Wolverine but he's got nothing to really explore outside of the Thieves Guild.

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    The ongoing Gambit had years ago, that was just about him hanging out in New Orleans, and stirring up trouble with his various criminal associates, was pretty good.

Really, if they just turned it into Criminal: X-Men Edition, I'd be cool with it. Just a crime comic, set amid the craziness of the Marvel U, with a cool, witty protagonist to lead the whole thing. I think you could get a lot of mileage out of simple go-there, steal-that plot arcs, utilizing some of the interesting characters and locales, of the Marvel U.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Then Fantomex shoots Gambit, takes over the book, and everyone is happier

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    A Fantomex mini is really something that would make sense, by Remender, just to give his history. A mini, nothing more.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I honestly wish someone would just kill Gambit off.

I honestly wish someone would just kill Gambit off.

Gage is using him for some good effect over in Legacy for a whole bunch of love triangle stuff.

Legacy is basically Rogue's Soap Opera, and he fits really well into that.

huntresssig.jpg
    Gambit was the only good thing about the X-23 ongoing series, despite the creepy flirtation going on between him and Laura the whole time. I like him in Legacy, but he really hasn't gotten much screen time post-Schism. A new ongoing for the character would be cool, but I'd rather see him, Cyclops, Havoc, and Zombie Vulcan form a Summers Brothers Boy Band.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    All the good boy bands have 5 members.

So toss Adam-X the Xtreme in that list.

(I haven't been following this stuff in a while, is that dude still around/useless as ever?)

(I haven't been following this stuff in a while, is that dude still around/useless as ever?)

He was around during Dark Reign

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular

He was around during Dark Reign

Also Fear Itself, for a panel. He was one of Cyke's gajillion failed plans to stop Juggernaut. ("Plan worse than ineffective: unstoppable Juggernaut temporarily turned into unstoppable Juggernaut on fire." Or something to that effect.)

Hahahaha

Kind of want to pick up Fear Itself now just to see that.

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

Kind of want to pick up Fear Itself now just to see that.

I think that happened in the Uncanny Xmen FI tie-in just so you know.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    tumblr_lq4o3wbyxb1qz5y5go1_500.jpg

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    There's something about Adam X's goofy 90s x-tremeness that makes me love him.

Adam-X the X-Treme Pottymouth.

So glad he didn't turn out to be a Summers.

Adam-X the X-Treme Pottymouth.

So glad he didn't turn out to be a Summers.

Would Adam-X have really been worse than Vulcan?
    The correct answer is that nothing is worse than Vulcan.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    I can't hate vulcan because he proves ed brubaker is fallible

7656367.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular

:^:

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »

I have his one-shot sealed up tight in the bottom of my box because it is so damn x-treme (and one of the first comics I bought).

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
    Malkor wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »

I have his one-shot sealed up tight in the bottom of my box because it is so damn x-treme (and one of the first comics I bought).

are you worried its EXTREMITY will leak out and kill your other comics

huntresssig.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    I can't hate vulcan because he proves ed brubaker is fallible

Captain America: Reborn came pretty close. I mean it wasn't a terrible story but just so sub-par compared to the brilliance of his early Cap work.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
    edited April 2012
    I never read SWORD, but this Unit guy, he's kind of a Marty Sue villain that needs to be dialed back a bit.

Uncanny #10 was good, but it felt like it had to rush the story along because of those AvX tie-ins we can't get enough of, Pacheco can't even draw two issues in a row without fill-in help (again), and while I liked the Brand/Cyclops scene (will Beast get all huffy about that?), the book tries to show that the team is falling apart, and you just can't do that right before we get into an us vs. them event that needs to have both sides going at each other in a rather fair strength of roster type thing, you know?

And one thing from the teaser in issue #1 is revealed,
    we get Emma and Namor making out because of a pheromone blast by Unit, it continues to bring up another Emma/Scott tension, which just shouldn't exist between these two. I've said it before, but the great thing about this couple is that they both kind of accept what they were and that the general relationship arcs/jealousy/communication issues you would use for other characters just won't work with these two, yet it seems something that keeps showing up.

TexiKen on
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    The ending to this month's Wolverine was pretty great.
    Wolverine busting up Sabretooth's "I'm the biggest bad ass in Asia" party and beating the shit out of him, saying "happy birthday Creed" as he walked out the door to do some serious drinking.

It just pushes all the right buttons I say.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.