As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[East] Hungry at the BCEC? Look no further.

1235»

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    Pure Din wrote: »
    Just to clarify here, are we allowed to bring homemade food into the convention center? Like, can I bring a sandwich or fruit or waterbottles on my own or does it have to be from a store?

you can absolutely bring your own drinks and snacks; as long as you aren't selling food, it's cool.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    ShaydeShayde Kitchen Staff Supervisor MargaritavilleRegistered User regular
    griff6659 wrote: »
    Might I recommend the Fire and Ice restaurant? This is more of a dinner, but the food is amazing and if you like beer try the Fire and Ice brew they have there! It's amazing.

I have to second, third and eleventh this. The place was awesome, All you can eat. Been dreaming about this for a year now.

Mongolian Grill, including burgers they grill up. The place is fantastic. Well worth the cab ride.

Shayde

Ex-Agent to the Stars, ex a lot of other things too.
    Pax East 2011, 2012 Veteran. 2014 now loading.
  • Options
    doubleonaddoubleonad Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Irish restaurant? I see a lot of listings on Yelp/Urbanspoon for Irish pubs, but they pretty much just have traditional American bar food like burgers and wings.

• Options
    JerYnkFanJerYnkFan Registered User regular
    Shayde wrote: »
    griff6659 wrote: »
    Might I recommend the Fire and Ice restaurant? This is more of a dinner, but the food is amazing and if you like beer try the Fire and Ice brew they have there! It's amazing.

I have to second, third and eleventh this. The place was awesome, All you can eat. Been dreaming about this for a year now.

Mongolian Grill, including burgers they grill up. The place is fantastic. Well worth the cab ride.

Thinking about eating here Friday night

• Options
    cocowoushicocowoushi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pure Din wrote: »
    Just to clarify here, are we allowed to bring homemade food into the convention center? Like, can I bring a sandwich or fruit or waterbottles on my own or does it have to be from a store?

You can bring in your own food. Just be mindful of cleaning up after yourself!

cocowoushi on
  • Options
    wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    doubleonad wrote: »
    Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Irish restaurant? I see a lot of listings on Yelp/Urbanspoon for Irish pubs, but they pretty much just have traditional American bar food like burgers and wings.

Most of the Irish pubs do offer that kind of stuff, but there will also be a section of the menu for bangers & mash, shepherd's pie, and the like. What part of town is your hotel, near the BCEC?

• Options
    AtallaAtalla Registered User regular
    If anyone is craving cupcakes this weekend, cakeology delivers to the hotels around the BCEC. Had a successful delivery of yummy cupcakes to the Renaissance today.

WWW.cakeology.com

• Options
    FatherFather Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tried it today and it worked. Dominos delivered pizza right to the front entrance at the convention center. Awesome, Awesom, Aweson. tooke them less than 20 minutes from the moment we ordered. The Domino's that does delivery in the area is: Store #3218 163 Old Colony AveSouth Boston, MA 02127 phone#617-268-2900. We placed order over the smarphone and was able to track it untill it went out for delivery. Once the driver was near buy he called me and I came out and grabbed pizza from him near the door. Will deffinately do it again. Highly recommend it!

Father on
  • Options
    Good Looking Fat GuyGood Looking Fat Guy West Hartford, CTRegistered User regular
    I made the mistake of assuming, even at the BCEC, that a fruit cup couldn't be that expensive.

It was 6 dollars!

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I made the mistake of assuming, even at the BCEC, that a fruit cup couldn't be that expensive.

It was 6 dollars!

Convenience costs cash monies

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I just wanted to thank everyone who contributed to this thread, I ate much better at this PAXE than at the last one.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    rewarrewar Boston, MassRegistered User regular
    This thread is amazing! I marked down so many place that I want to go now.

We are staying at Park Plaza (booked late) and I was wondering if there were any places close by that serve breakfast (not a bakery)?

hi adias.. if you don't mind walking a few blocks you could head to Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe, as mentioned earlier, over at 429 Columbus Ave for a great (albeit a tad pricey) diner style breakfast, in a spot with some classic Boston history... Charlie's has been open since the late 20's and used to cater to the Jazz players who used to have gigs at the area hotels, but weren't able to be served in those same hotels due to segregation... they are also great for a lunch spot but they are closed Sunday so you would have to hit it up before the last day of PAX

here's a quick vid about Charlie's from a local tv station..

http://youtu.be/YYhfgHixuAs

or if you are cabbing it/taking the T.. to PAX you could make a stop on the way over at Mul's in Southie at A & West Broadway (Broadway T stop) which is a PHENOM breakfast joint in my book...

http://youtu.be/saNrL0D8iYA

i also wanted to add to the mix a great Hot Pot place right over the bridge in Chinatown.. it's pricey but it's a feast!

HotPot Buffet it's at 70 Beach St. right next to the Chinatown Arch.. they are open until 2am and serve beer.. WATCH OUT SAPPORO'S ARE EXPENSIVE... they basically bring you a sheet of paper with everything they have.. you check off all the stuff you want and what kind of broth (i suggest getting 1/2 house and 1/2 spicy) and they bring it all out and you and your crew go to town... this place is huge and can accommodate large tables.. it's loud and boisterous and super fun and interactive..

http://youtu.be/xcZIhamDfvU

a good cheap eats spot that is also a bit off the PAX trail but not that far.. in Southie is Liberty Bell Roast Beef at B & West Broadway.. tons of fried food goodness awesome subs etc.. the girl behind the counter will call you 'hun' if you are lucky!! good no frills spot.. get it to-go or sit down at one of the tables and chow down.. i was going to try to tell you about how good the roast beef sandwiches are at this joint but i found this yelp review instead...

Magical roast beef goodness
    super sloppy amazing sandwich oozing
    with special sauce and pickles must be ordered to go.
    you cannot be consumed delicately.

yummy hot onion rings emitting greasy steam
    fog my glasses with tangible deliciousness
    stained take-out bag, come with me
    somewhere quiet.

if i think of anymore i'll throw them up!!

• Options
    rewarrewar Boston, MassRegistered User regular
    This thread is amazing! I marked down so many place that I want to go now.

We are staying at Park Plaza (booked late) and I was wondering if there were any places close by that serve breakfast (not a bakery)?

hi adias.. if you don't mind walking a few blocks you could head to Charlie's Sandwich Shoppe, as mentioned earlier, over at 429 Columbus Ave for a great (albeit a tad pricey) diner style breakfast, in a spot with some classic Boston history... Charlie's has been open since the late 20's and used to cater to the Jazz players who used to have gigs at the area hotels, but weren't able to be served in those same hotels due to segregation... they are also great for a lunch spot but they are closed Sunday so you would have to hit it up before the last day of PAX

here's a quick vid about Charlie's from a local tv station..

http://youtu.be/YYhfgHixuAs

or if you are cabbing it/taking the T.. to PAX you could make a stop on the way over at Mul's in Southie at A & West Broadway (Broadway T stop) which is a PHENOM breakfast joint in my book...

http://youtu.be/saNrL0D8iYA

i also wanted to add to the mix a great Hot Pot place right over the bridge in Chinatown.. it's pricey but it's a feast!

HotPot Buffet it's at 70 Beach St. right next to the Chinatown Arch.. they are open until 2am and serve beer.. WATCH OUT SAPPORO'S ARE EXPENSIVE... they basically bring you a sheet of paper with everything they have.. you check off all the stuff you want and what kind of broth (i suggest getting 1/2 house and 1/2 spicy) and they bring it all out and you and your crew go to town... this place is huge and can accommodate large tables.. it's loud and boisterous and super fun and interactive..

http://youtu.be/xcZIhamDfvU

a good cheap eats spot that is also a bit off the PAX trail but not that far.. in Southie is Liberty Bell Roast Beef at B & West Broadway.. tons of fried food goodness awesome subs etc.. the girl behind the counter will call you 'hun' if you are lucky!! good no frills spot.. get it to-go or sit down at one of the tables and chow down.. i was going to try to tell you about how good the roast beef sandwiches are at this joint but i found this yelp review instead...

Magical roast beef goodness
    super sloppy amazing sandwich oozing
    with special sauce and pickles must be ordered to go.
    you cannot be consumed delicately.

yummy hot onion rings emitting greasy steam
    fog my glasses with tangible deliciousness
    stained take-out bag, come with me
    somewhere quiet.

if i think of anymore i'll throw them up!!