As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Warcry wrote: »
    Saiga and DAO12 are both actually worth a damn now. Yet to try the M0141 or whatever its name is

The dao and the M1410 are great. But they fall to the might of the saiga in reloads. Clip vs one at a time. And the dao is the worst offender as its sooooooo slow.

Now some one (rymes with heihachi) will come along and tell you that Topping off one or two at a time is better than clip loading. While they are topping off, my 1911 is barking fury at my enemys. Suppose to each thier own.

M1014

magazines

I am not a Tekken character

You sure? You are always talking about iron fisting things. And zaibatsus....

And yes I meant magazine. you load your gun with a mag.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • SkajmeSkajme Manchester, UKRegistered User regular
    Since the patch my go to gun has become the G3A3 with the M26 dart. The m26 kills people for fun at a surprisingly great distance!

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Loving the new patch, though this is probably because I'm not that good, and being able to kill someone if I get the drop on them instead of having them whip around in a blink and headshot me to death is nice, or not getting sniped by engies at long range whilst I'm suppressing them.

Definitely loving the Hell out of Support right now. I set up in an area with a bipod and a flash suppressor for maximum recoil reduction, and the damn guns are like lasers. Can't wait till I unlock the M60.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • NailbunnyPDNailbunnyPD Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Definitely loving the Hell out of Support right now. I set up in an area with a bipod and a flash suppressor for maximum recoil reduction, and the damn guns are like lasers. Can't wait till I unlock the M60.

The bipod is optional. The Support guns with a Flash Suppressor are basically how you run and gun now, with the added benefit of maximum suppression. Your bane will be the pistol, though, since it's immune to suppression.

XBL: NailbunnyPD PSN: NailbunnyPD Origin: NailbunnyPD
    NintendoID: Nailbunny 3DS: 3909-8796-4685
    steam_sig-400.png
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

The bipod is optional. The Support guns with a Flash Suppressor are basically how you run and gun now, with the added benefit of maximum suppression. Your bane will be the pistol, though, since it's immune to suppression.

Bipods are still apeshit.

Although the pistol immunity to suppression makes snap headshots with the REX viable.

u4OkoEI.png
  • GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    So, I forgot it can be tough to get into a BF game when starting much later than everyone else. I was getting my shit pushed in pretty good running around with the starter Assault kit.

Does anyone have recommendations for good guns you unlock early for the various classes?

• KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    Ganluan wrote: »
    So, I forgot it can be tough to get into a BF game when starting much later than everyone else. I was getting my shit pushed in pretty good running around with the starter Assault kit.

Does anyone have recommendations for good guns you unlock early for the various classes?

The US starting weapon for Assault is one of the best guns in the game.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Klyka wrote: »

The AK-74m is now one of if not the best assault rifles as well.

Every gun is good guns.

Birgirpall video. Bit different from his standard affairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHpc7ppZMg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    urgh my kingdom for a default setup server.

also screw these tank changes
    HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK HONK

• rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    so this might appeal to a certain demographic:

6902712312_cc1233cf0e.jpg

• SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    I there any up to date weapon stats list/chart for this latest patch?

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Klyka wrote: »

The AK-74m is now one of if not the best assault rifles as well.

Every gun is good guns.

Birgirpall video. Bit different from his standard affairs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHpc7ppZMg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AHHHHHHH!

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Yeah that video is something freaky.

PSN: Honkalot
  • MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    4-day weekend officially begins once the kid goes to bed. Will be shooting mans until I can't see straight.

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
    GAME TIMES MOTHAFUKKKAAAAAS

u4OkoEI.png
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    arrrghhhhhh suppression makes bolt action rifles fuckin worthless now.

So much frustration.

• WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    wakkawa wrote: »

So much frustration.

Hide better.

• SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Guys, could we please stop the fighting?

People have opinions, the new mechanic is definitely different and not everyone will like it, learn to accept that.

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Warcry wrote: »
    wakkawa wrote: »

So much frustration.

Hide better.

Yes hide with a recon rifle.

Let me tell you a little story about scope glint.

Question about the glint, does it only show up when you're ADS?

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Question about the glint, does it only show up when you're ADS?

No. The glint is always there, all the time, even when piloting things.

It's kind of weird seeing a jet flying at you with scope glint coming from the cockpit.

Even when switching to pistol? Gah!

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Even when switching to pistol? Gah!

Well, not when you're not using the scoped rifle, no

Oh ok that sounds much better. Whenever I run with a scope, I switch to my pistol when I don't want to be spotted.

• n0xidn0xid Registered User regular
    Got the pc version today, man have I missed playing on the 64 servers. Sucks that I have to start my stats from the bottom again though :(

n0xids.png
    n0xid wrote: »
    Got the pc version today, man have I missed playing on the 64 servers. Sucks that I have to start my stats from the bottom again though :(

You should get in mumble and play with us.

u4OkoEI.png
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Gotta uninstall this. Had a lot of fun with you guys.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    Shogun wrote: »
    Gotta uninstall this. Had a lot of fun with you guys.

Youre leaving us? :(

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    Yeah, you never want that to happen again...?

Can't get mumble to connect, is it even the info in the op?

n0xids.png
    n0xid wrote: »
    Can't get mumble to connect, is it even the info in the op?

It's the same info as the OP.

u4OkoEI.png
  • SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    Aha, firewall was messed and it couldn't get an update. Of course once everyone is off lol. Perhaps tomorrow!

n0xids.png
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Mulletude wrote: »
    4-day weekend officially begins once the kid goes to bed. Will be shooting mans until I can't see straight.

I hate you man.

Damn, I was the only guy on my team doing stuff. I became a human pin cushion for lead and knives.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    What is the cheapest desktop that will run this game on medium? My notebook lasts about 10 minutes before overheating and shutting down.

Catalyst 11.23 did stop the game from ctding immediately though.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's the new patch or the newest nvidia drivers, but I get ridiculous screen tearing now and again and I never used to get it. Settings are all the same (ultra). I don't use vsync and that's not really an option in a competitive shooter. I use the console to cap my FPS at 60 (which is generally what it stays at) but I still get tearing. I don't know what's causing it to start up all the sudden, especially with a capped FPS. Any ideas?

and this is just happening after I finally fixed my Origin/punkbuster issues.

Are you the magic man?
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    I use vsync and it's extremely responsive

Try going back to the last driver that worked?

n0xids.png