As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Aion] Is Now Completely Free To Play. 3.0 Is Now Live.

• Hunter_KillersHunter_Killers Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    3.0 is dated for the 11th. Given that both the website and game is down for maintainence, that might be what they are doing. Lineage 2 also went free before the content update.

Hunter_Killers on
    4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • QuintessinQuintessin Registered User regular
    Probably to smooth out the F2P update so not everyone and their grandmother is logging in at the same time on the 11th.

Servers are now up and free.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
  • EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Servers are now up and free.

Oh shit. Yayyy

Edit: It says "reserve your character name on April 4th" I guess its only free for people already signed up for now or something?

Edit2: Yup I logged in its free.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    Hooray, I got my account back! Lost it's info like 2 years ago...logged on the website to change the Aion password and...wait what

8e0Ke.jpg

I haven't logged in since the first 2 months of launch.

• LepLep Registered User regular
    Hm my characters got moved to Tiamat now.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Quintessin wrote: »
    Hooray, I got my account back! Lost it's info like 2 years ago...logged on the website to change the Aion password and...wait what

8e0Ke.jpg

I haven't logged in since the first 2 months of launch.

Probably got hacked at some point. You'll need to contact customer service. If you've got your game key you'll get it back probably. Happened to many of us.

Regarding Tiamat, it's the new server for the combined Zikel and Vaziel.

Here's the thing.

I don't know if I should make this huge or what.

If you started playing with PA at launch, you should have ended up with both your Asmo and Elyos on Tiamat due to several merges over the last couple years.

You can only have one faction on a server, so on April 11th everyone will have to choose if Tiamat is going to be Asmo or Elyos for them. At an unknown date (hopefully relatively soon) they will give server transfers to your other faction, as they'll be locked from being played.

Here's what I recommend. Make Asmodian your "active' faction for Tiamat. That way when you get a free transfer you can move your Elyos to Israphel, where the PA Legion was made during the last reactivation.

It's the best way to make sure the few of us that are still around will have their characters on the same server(s).

It means you'll be out of your Elyos on Tiamat till NCSoft gives you the transfer, but it is, in my view anyway, the best solution so an already small playerbase (here) isn't still so separated.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

Yeah they had a big problem with accounts being stolen not long ago. Mine got stolen too and I had to get it back.

PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
    Well I put another ticket in. I had to give them my CD Key to get my Master Account info to begin with, but my Aion was still banned when I got in. Ugh. Having to wait AGAIN is kind of lame. Oh well.

Heh, got my account unbanned. When I left I had a 25 Chanter, and 33 Ranger as highest. I logged in to that Chanter being 53 now, with over 50mill Kinah and sold auctions on other characters. Still checking stuff.

THANKS HACKERS :^:

Yeah when I got my account back I had like 15m Kinah and a ton of crap I sold for more.

I did have to start my Templar over because they had gotten it to 40 something when I was only at 25 or so when I had quit after launch. Felt dirty and no longer "mine".

I sure as hell kept all the other stuff though.

I would start over, but 1-25 Chanter was pretty meh, so I'll just see what I can figure out at 53. Rest of my characters were naked, which is a bummer, but with 52m or so Kinah I think I can get some gear for them.

edited April 2012
    The new pay store is live btw.

There are two options, buying things individually through the Black Cloud Marketplace

Or in bundles in the C.U.B.E. Store

You buy them all with NCoin, which has existed for awhile I think but you found out more here. It has the same conversion rate as Microsoft Points if you're accustomed to those. I.E $19.99 USD = 1600 NCoins. So a large C.U.B.E. is $39.98

They sell the same items either way; but bundling them into cubes makes them cheaper if you're buying multiple things.

It's still preordering, I don't think anything will be delivered till the 11th. You must have a level 30 character to buy things on, and various things have level requirements that can be higher than 30. Some things are temporary (and are labeled as such), other are consumable, and some are permanent. Each item has a little info box at the bottom of its page that tells you if it can be traded, sold etc.

Apparently if you preorder a Large cube (3200 NCoins) you'll be awarded a level (EDIT) 50 Eternal quality weapon that will be "class appropriate". If you buy multiple large cubes you can get multiple weapons (i.e. buy cubes for different characters).

Types of items are what is to be expected from a free to play game. There's things that increase item drops, xp gain, ap gain etc. There are weapon skins, but no actually purchasable equipment (aside from the preorder weapon bonus). This obviously is making some players mad, but that was to be expected too.

Personally, even if paying grants you benefits, I'm not sure how someone who can now play the exact same game they were paying to play yesterday for free entirely, can complain about that. Sure, paying players get more, but if you don't pay absolutely nothing changes for you, except that you get a free game. So it's win win, but still, players have managed to treat it like some personal offense.

/sigh.

The Dude With Herpes on

Tahabata's weapons are level 50, not 60. It's pretty much a free twinking weapon and not much else.

http://www.aionarmory.com/search.aspx?browse=1.1&filters=58=tahabata;72=7

4efe575fea51ec35.png
    Ah, ok. I got the level 60 thing from a massively article. They probably just got it wrong.

The preorder thing is the actual weapon; but you can also buy the skins of those weapons in the store.

• XerephXereph Registered User regular
    Hit 40 last night... weeee

PSN - Xereph
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    I'm guessing the game is Free to Play now. Cause I just downloaded and was able to log on.

So how many people play this game, cause so far it seems pretty cool. I want a really fun MMO and so far none of the other free ones really catch my interest.

steam_sig.png
    Everyone is reactivated who had a paid account or a trial in good standing.

The full F2P conversion is Wed the 11th, with 3.0 and the stores going live (they're preorder atm).

What does "trial in good standing" mean? Cause I've never played this game before.

steam_sig.png
    paid account or trial in good standing.

Meaning you had either type of account that isn't in a banned status.

Ok.

So, now that the game is going free to play, is there going to be a guild or something? I hate playing MMOs alone. Gotta have someone to talk to.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah, Elyos on Israphel. @Elimination is in charge of it; I don't recall the name atm.

• heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    It's seven nation army, or something like that. Unless it was changed.

M A G I K A Z A M
    heenato wrote: »
    It's seven nation army, or something like that. Unless it was changed.

That's it. Though people seem to be rather inactive which sucks, because it was very active before the little break between the re-activation and f2p.

I am usually online for a few hours each night if you need an invite. Taemira for my in game name

PSN - Xereph
    I think once 3.0 is out tomorrow people will drop in more often. I don't plan on devoting a significant amount of time to Aion but since it's F2P now I'll hop on now and then when I'm bored.

• grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    Am I missing something on reassigning faction characters to another server? Both my crows and pigeons are on the same server. Checked out the game account page and there wasn't anything there.

Is it tied to an active subscription?

Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    The faction thing won't go into effect till tomorrow; if you have characters from two factions on the same server. You'll be forced to choose then.

No word on timeframe for transfers of the inactive faction yet though, just that they'll happen.

I think once 3.0 is out tomorrow people will drop in more often. I don't plan on devoting a significant amount of time to Aion but since it's F2P now I'll hop on now and then when I'm bored.

You're likely right, I think a lot of people are waiting for the update to hit.

Characters under level ten cannot perform /who and characters under eleven cannot send tells. So, if one of you catches me on under the name Zyrei, please send an invite.

steam_sig.png
  • TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    So, want to try this and is 11 and the patch and the site are down. When it will go live?

Patch is downloading fro me right now.

Their site/servers are probably going to be hammered to hell today, so just be patient.

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    if i had an old aion account that i want to start playing again now that it's f2p, do i need to go through any hoops to reactivate it, or can i just log in as per normal once i'm patched up?

Providing you didn't get compromised/banned between then and now. You can just log in and start playing.

4efe575fea51ec35.png
    About an hour to go until it's patched. But I've gotta go play board games tonight.

steam_sig.png
    Servers are up and everything, in case anyone was wondering.

got my studio room. way too broke to afford an actual house :( been laggy as hell for me all night though

PSN - Xereph
    Wait a second... What's the guild name? I think someone invited me but I didn't recognize the guild so I declined.

steam_sig.png
    Seven Nation Army

PSN - Xereph