As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chaos] CitOW Game 71 - In doldari's 3rd Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

• doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game71state30.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Morrslieb Eclipsed : Khorne cannot play Chaos cards.
    The Warrens Erupt! : In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Kislev : Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions)
    Bretonnia : Choking Stench (During the battle phase, each opponent rolls one fewer battle die for each of your Chaos cards in this region)
    Estalia : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    Tilea : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)

Khorne rest.
    @Jebu active.

doldari on
  • JebuJebu Registered User regular
    Bolt of Change to The Badlands, replacing the Rat Ogre with two Clan Rats.

4/6 PP

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    You know, I'm not sure whether that hurt or helped the Rat.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    Seductress to Kislev
    1/6 PP

Aegis wrote: »

It made it easier for Khorne to get a DAC out of the region, which makes it slightly less likely for the rat to double-tick this round. (Khorne will probably double-tick, though.)

It didn't really help anyone except Khorne. I mostly did it as a stalling tactic.

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    Clan Rat to Norsca

2/6 PP

• texasheattexasheat Registered User regular
    jakobagger wrote: »
    Well that's just awesome. Please do that a lot more, Darian. That would make me super happy.

Rat Ogre to the Badlands

3/6 PP

He has two more pp....it wouldn't supprise me for him to do it and hope he gets the last pp from a festival to put his last troop in play....

I'm curious, if there had been a rat ogre in kislev...would i be able to target the demonette controlled rats before the rat ogre? Or would the ogre defend even the controlled rats?

• jakobaggerjakobagger LO THY DREAD EMPIRE CHAOS IS RESTORED Registered User regular
    I don't think you would, no. Controlled Clan Rats are still Clan Rats. Which also means they don't place corruption.

Round 3-3. Summon Phases

game71state32.png

- Old World Card Effects
    The Warrens Erupt! : In the end phase, players who collected only one dial advancement counter do not advance their dial.

- Upgrade Effects
    Mystical Disregard - Once per round, you may play a Chaos card on top of an opponent's Chaos card, canceling its effect. The card you play must have power equal to or greater than the card you cover
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn
    Rat Ogres - Opponents cannot assign hits to Clan Rats until they first assign enough hits to kill all Rat Ogres in the region

- Chaos Card Effects
    Bretonnia : Choking Stench (During the battle phase, each opponent rolls one fewer battle die for each of your Chaos cards in this region)
    Estalia : Warp Shock (Each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region counts toward your domination value)
    Tilea : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point) and Festival of Sinew (When an opponent summons a figure to this region, gain one power point)

Khorne rest.
    @Aegis active.

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Leper to Kislev.

1/6 PP

Characters
    Acolyte to Estalia.

3/6 PP

Summon a Clan Rat from Kislev to Tilea
    Rest (for now?)

+1 VP

Characters
    Clan Rat to Norsca

1/6 PP

Creeping Death to Bretonnia.

0/6 PP

Characters
    edited April 2012
    Now to watch as my plans to simply gain 2 DACs so I at least tick once fail completely.

Also helping Darian, but that's incidental. I really could have played this round better but fuck that Old World card.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Clan Rat to Norsca

1/6 PP

Where is the Clan Rat coming from? You don't have any left in stock.

That's something you don't hear every day.

Characters
    When Korne is sleeping, do you think he has a snot bubble made of blood? BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!! Snot bubbles for....aww you get the joke...

Jebu wrote: »
    Clan Rat to Norsca

1/6 PP

Where is the Clan Rat coming from? You don't have any left in stock.

Hadn't even considered that a possibility, whoops. Let's take it from Kislev I guess. That's a lost battle anyway.

Acolyte to Estalia.

2/6 PP

korne nurgle slaanesh resting

hr up

(M) Strength in Numbers - 1

In the Badlands

0/6 PP

Heh, cute card.

Characters
    I didn't find it nearly as cute....

edited April 2012
    btw, unless you over write a card in brettonia, tilea might ruin.......and give points only to slaanesh and nurgle...your only vp compitition....you can't have that....can you?

texasheat on
    Or he could play cultists to Tilea to pickup second place and not bother the guy just trying to get 1 tick.

Characters
    Or he could play cultists to Tilea to pickup second place and not bother the guy just trying to get 1 tick.

Although i see your point. I think your point of view might be a little scewed....

I'd just like to say that I spent most of that turn trying to figure out some way to screw over Darian, and came up with nada. So sorry Aegis, but you'll have to do.

Transmogrify to Bretonnia, covering Choking Stench, and rest.

If it makes you feel any better, I managed to screw myself by not thinking through the whole "no tick unless you have more than one DAC" thing.

Round 3-4. Battle Phases

game71state33.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Bretonnia : Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (The defense value of your figures is increased by one)

Battle Dice.
    Troll Country : 4 Dice, 3 Dice
    Kislev : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Empire : 3 Dice, 1 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 2 Dice

Troll Country: 5 hits
    http://orokos.com/roll/66696

Kislev: 0 hits, darian escapes my grasp again....
    http://orokos.com/roll/66697

Troll Country: 1 useless hit.

Kislev, round 3: 2d6h4 1
    Take out a little rat.

Darian wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I managed to screw myself by not thinking through the whole "no tick unless you have more than one DAC" thing.

It looks to me like only me and the HR will be getting a tick this round. Tzeentch stoped nurgle. Slaanesh is in a corner. And Tzeentch looks like he may have forgot about the need 2 DAC's to advance at all...and i guess i could stop the hr....if i score 10 hits...on 2 dice....lol

The Empire: 1 hit. Kill a Bloodsworn I guess.

edited April 2012
    Round 3-4. Battle Phases

game71state34.png

- Old World Card Effects

- Upgrade Effects

- Chaos Card Effects
    Bretonnia : Transmogrify (During the battle phase, roll one battle die for each Warpstone token and magic symbol in this region) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region)
    The Badlands : Strength in Numbers (The defense value of your figures is increased by one)

Battle Dice.
    Troll Country : 4 Dice, 3 Dice
    Kislev : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Empire : 3 Dice, 1 Dice
    Bretonnia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice, 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 2 Dice

doldari on
    he didn't do anything to you.....