As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    Bama wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    There's nothing more frustrating in this game than jungling when all your lanes push their minions to tower and die over and over again to ganks so when laning ends you're underfarmed and have to deal with a super fed team.

You end up getting fed a shit sandwich with nothing you can do about it.

But I always push bot lane to enemy tower as ad carry with a support that wards. Go counter jungle while I get 30-40 cs ahead.
    This. Counter jungle and counter-gank.

I've been in the situation you describe where teammates recklessly push lanes into ungankability but there are still things you can try to do.

It requires good warding and good teammates, but a well executed counter gank is amazing. So many kills in so little time.
    I actually just had a game where we got an awesome counter-gank going in mid. Our wards spotted enemy Mao camping in the river bush. Creep line was right around the middle, so I hover just outside sight and Vlad blew his pool to bait. Annie and Mao charge in and we almost got the double kill with Annie barely escaping. It was just awesome how quickly this situation went from "noob wasted pool" to "where did this pillar come from and where did my face go?"

Now that was a situation where our lanes were playing smart, but a counter-gank always feels good.

• Options
    I've had Heal + Sivir ult turn a teamfight we were barely losing into an ace for us.

• Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    This is just out of personal curiosity but what does everyone think of counter-jungling and its place in the game?

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    At high levels of play, counter-jungling is super important. I also think the capability to do it, and do it well, separates good junglers from great junglers. Think of it this way: You know someone is over in that other jungle just farming away, no normal lane opponents to stop them...shouldn't you go have a go at stopping them or slowing them down?

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    At high levels of play, counter-jungling is super important. I also think the capability to do it, and do it well, separates good junglers from great junglers. Think of it this way: You know someone is over in that other jungle just farming away, no normal lane opponents to stop them...shouldn't you go have a go at stopping them or slowing them down?

At high levels of play wouldn't they have warded the entrances to their jungle/exists from yours, meaning a counter jungler would have a pretty decent chance of getting caught and/or murdered?

At least outside of like the first 5 minutes.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    raghaghaghgahga

7th dodge in a row for draft normals

can I please play a game...?

• Options

At high levels of play wouldn't they have warded the entrances to their jungle/exists from yours, meaning a counter jungler would have a pretty decent chance of getting caught and/or murdered?

Yet how many times has M5 won because they are masterful counter junglers? People ward Baron and Dragon to, you still go kill them. Counter-jungling is just like any other objective: If you want an advantage over the enemy, you do it, because it's an advantage that is there to be taken.

Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    What do I do for late game dps Mundo anyway?

I'm not really hitting that transition from ABC support to going where I please.

you hit E and punch people

he gets 100 free AD for 5 seconds on a 7 second cooldown without CDR that increases the more health you lose

what else do you need

I suppose it's more of a symptom of support level gold income. I feel like I die too fast if I get attacked to do much in melee. I usually aim for a warmogs, turn my HoG into randuins and get a FoN but I don't usually get that far on gp5 and assists.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Well yeah sure if you're building Mundo for tankiness. Real men build him beefcake AS.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Also, seeing the enemy jungle invade doesn't necessarily mean you can stop it. Like, if the blue jungler is up top and the blue mid is dead/low then there isn't much that can be done about purple jungler taking blue wraiths.

Contesting the enemy blue buff as a team can be a really strong play as well.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I've never played Mundo in a non-support role. If I did I imagine I would get a couple of BTs and PDs.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular

Which is why a lot of junglers buy oracles.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I typically build him Black Cleaver, Warmogs, and Wits End with the rest played by ear.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I've never played Mundo in a non-support role. If I did I imagine I would get a couple of BTs and PDs.

badwrongnope

mundo wants health and defensive stats so he can leave his W on for as long as possible, spam cleavers, and get the most use out of his ult

his E gives him 100 AD and his Q does %-based magic damage, he's not hurting for deeps

interrobang on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

badwrongnope

mundo wants health and defensive stats so he can leave his W on for as long as possible, spam cleavers, and get the most use out of his ult

his E gives him 100 AD and his Q does %-based magic damage, he's not hurting for deeps

Attack Speed and Lifesteal maximize the return from attacking and increase his sustain the most so he can leave his w on longer than if he had simple HP and defensive stats

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

badwrongnope

Maybe, but an IE on him is HILARIOUS. Give him that extra 100AD then watch him crit people for stupid amounts :D

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    I haven't seen Mundo jungled enough to have a feel for how to play him. IIRC the last time I tried him I was getting into pretty low from early clears so it didn't feel like I was in a position to gank. Does he just spend early game farming like a madman or was I doing it wrong?

• Options
    Mundo in jungle really just does whatever the fuck he wants.

Clears super fast, counter jungles like a boss, ganks really well.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Mundo goes where he pleases.
    Sort of like Udyr gives no fucks.

• Options
    Well ok then. Maybe I used the wrong mastery page or something. I'll have to spend some time learning him after Trundle rotates out.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    i just don't... why

MqTdA.jpg

i didn't have any problems the entire game personally. Mundo and Trist died every single time I left their lanes, Leona gave up and sold all her items and warded the entire map both sides. I was actually kind of impressed by that. Highest CS out of the jungle though and our carries continuously chased through their jungle only to die by the entire team, but never when i was around just when I was on the other side of the map.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I think I've lost any skill I had at this game. :D

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I don't doubt its importance or the thoughts behind counter-jungling - I actually find it pretty fun. This is more personal intrigue than anything. :D

Do you find that the added dynamic of counter-jungling promotes healthy gameplay? I've rarely been in a game where a team hasn't adapted to counter-jungling so any thoughts from those who get counter-jungled and don't adapt would be interesting to hear.

spacebear on
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Urrgh, I can't play anything but jungle/bruiser with any kind of consistent skill. So annoying that I'm completely out of it with Karthus.

• Options
    spacebear wrote: »

I don't doubt its importance or the thoughts behind counter-jungling - I actually find it pretty fun. This is more personal intrigue than anything. :D

Do you find that the added dynamic of counter-jungling promotes healthy gameplay? I've rarely been in a game where a team hasn't adapted to counter-jungling so any thoughts from those who get counter-jungled and don't adapt would be interesting to hear.

I think anything that creates an advantage to be exploited and controlled makes for healthy game play (within the game rules of course, I'm not talking about cheating). Baron, dragon, wards, buffs, counter-jungling. They all add to an eco system of healthy play and strategic variety. It also opens up avenues for certain heroes to find a niche, like Shyvana being a great counter-jungler (not that she needed a niche, she's just good overall, but you know what I mean).

And their thoughts would be "it sucks", because it does. The only time counter-jungling doesn't really affect you that much if you're running a dual-top/dual-mid no jungler setup, and all you're losing is your buffs, rather than having an actual team member be put behind because of it. Not that losing buffs is good, but that PLUS having a team mate who's levels behind because of good CJ is much worse.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Urrgh, I can't play anything but jungle/bruiser with any kind of consistent skill. So annoying that I'm completely out of it with Karthus.

Hmm, have you tried getting the "R" key on your keyboard fixed?

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular

badwrongnope

Maybe, but an IE on him is HILARIOUS. Give him that extra 100AD then watch him crit people for stupid amounts :D

I was pretty bored so I made up a custom game to test this out for my own amusement. With full pots, 4 fully charged BT's, a black cleaver and an IE with E up I crit the big lizard for 2550. It was the highest crit I've managed, including fiddling with 5bt's and an ie. The maximum amount of AD I hit in the game was 927 with e up at about 14 health.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    I just tried support Ashe for the first time.

And it was amazingly fun. All those slows, extra vision, and of course dat arrow. I just wish Avarice Blade would build into something she could use.

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I am not a good counter jungler but I do it some as mundo

like if you know where they start, and you get a hard leash on your first buff, you can make it into their jungle and steal their buff with your smite

and then wait in the bushes for them to finally arrive and kill them, or gank

• Options
    Fucking fuck urgots. God damnit, fucking again i told him to start damage and fucking again he starts a god damned meki pendent.

I am soraka you fuckwit you have so much god damned mana and HP with me you want a damned dorans sword!

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    You really need to ask in that case if you have a team comp that can compensate for having Urgot over a real ad carry, and what that means.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Wait, what?

You need to think about team comp when people are buying starting items?

Had an Ashe today that went boots3 + manamune. Oh, and he locked in ashe after our graves.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I would like to point out that Soraka > Karthus.
    Also, you can NEVER have too many aura items.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Arivia wrote: »
    You really need to ask in that case if you have a team comp that can compensate for having Urgot over a real ad carry, and what that means.

Uhh no. If we pick an urgot/soraka bottom lane we need to start urgot with a damage item(ideally D sword) and not a meki pendent. Rushing Manamune is good on him when you're top lane because he needs mana to harass. But in bottom lane with soraka he does not, so Manamunue rush is worthless

Our lane was really strong vs theirs (ashe/Alistar vs Urgot/Soraka). Ashe outranges urgot with her w, but she can't keep it up this makes it really easy for urgot to level 2 harass the two of them out of lane...

If he has HP and damage

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    I logged in 2 hours ago to get a win of the day.

6 Dominion games and counting. Yorick bot however, seems nigh unbeatable.

Dancing Bagel
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »

Uhh no. If we pick an urgot/soraka bottom lane we need to start urgot with a damage item(ideally D sword) and not a meki pendent. Rushing Manamune is good on him when you're top lane because he needs mana to harass. But in bottom lane with soraka he does not, so Manamunue rush is worthless

Our lane was really strong vs theirs (ashe/Alistar vs Urgot/Soraka). Ashe outranges urgot with her w, but she can't keep it up this makes it really easy for urgot to level 2 harass the two of them out of lane...

If he has HP and damage

Ask in the case of running Urgot over an ad carry at all.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    Yorick bot is pretty much unbeatable(though kog maw's can bully yorick for a while, with such high range and kiting). However, yorick bot cannot stop your team from being unable to take advantage of 4v3's when they inevitably send another down to help their bot.

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    JimboJimbo down underRegistered User regular
    Yeah Yorick is my go-to for dominion. Call bot and dominate

404 not found
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/hecarim-shadow-war-revealed

I have to admit, I love bruisers the most.

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Ok that actually looks pretty cool. His model is much better than the art.

Boots5 mandatory build?

And if I'm reading it right the movespeed pads on Dominion will make him ridiculous.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.