As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East 2012 PC Tournaments Info

GammaGamma [E] PC BYOC ManagerCaliforniaRegistered User regular
edited April 2012 in PAX Archive
Yay tournaments!

Will be updating this thread with more information if it is available before PAX, but ultimately the most up to date information will be available at the PC Tournaments table during PAX. The table is in the PC Area on Level 0 and is where you can sign up and queue to play in tournaments.

Magic: Online
Format: 1v1 Swiss followed by Single Elimination Bracket
Type: Cube Draft
Player Cap: 64
Starts Friday at 4pm
Required to have Magic Online account

League of Legends
Format: 5v5 Single Elimination Bracket, Best of 1, Draft Pick
Map: Summoner's Rift
Team Cap: 32 (16 can sign up Friday, 16 Saturday, more info later)
Starts Saturday at 2pm
Playing on Live Realm, accounts are provided with all champions and runes

Starcraft 2
Format: 1v1 Single Elimination
Maps: TBA
Player Cap: 64
Starts Sunday at Noon
Required to have Starcraft 2 account

We are also organizing a Minecraft get together like at PAX Prime:
Scavenger Hunt
Teams of 2
Team Cap: 25
Map: Random :P
Starts Saturday at Midnight

Please do not use this thread for non-official PC tournaments banter. There will be plenty of other things going on in both the PC room and the rest of the convention, information for those will pop up online and on site.

I will try to update this thread if things are not clear or more information is available.

Gamma on

• yockyock Registered User regular
    No TF2 tournament? Is there any particular reason for this?

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    yock wrote: »

That's been discussed at length in other threads. Basically there's been a TF2 tournament at many paxen in a row, they're probably trying to switch things up a bit.

• testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Wait... what's this about Minecraft?

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • Xuri87Xuri87 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Not sure why this comment posted here when I clicked New Thread....disregard.

Xuri87 on
  • scosner56scosner56 Registered User regular
    Sweet SC2. Me and my buddy will be there.

• TroopzorTroopzor Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    I'm looking for a LoL team for the the LoL tournament.

My LoL name is "Troopzor"

Troopzor on
  • LavadmLavadm Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Will we/Can we bring our own gear for the PC tournaments or will we be provided a mouse/keyboard/headset?

Lavadm on
  • yockyock Registered User regular
    You will be provided with mouse/keyboard/headset but I believe you can bring your own. Last year I was able to use my own headphones during the TF2 tournament.

• whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Pretty sure the rule is as long as you don't have to install drivers, you're fine using your own peripherals.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    you can use your own peripherals but they dont let you install drivers.

• KillaDragonKillaDragon Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    Is there going to be one? WIll Nvidea host one?
    I don't understand why this game isn't going to be played there but magic online is?

i am sorry if this was already discussed, I couldn't find it in the search tab.

KillaDragon on
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    The PC tourneys are already posted. They are very very very very very very unlikely to change this close to PAX. If nVidia is doing something, then they'd be the ones to announce it, either on their site or at PAX.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • thr4sherthr4sher Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    TF2 isnt on the list this year, however unless something changes at the last minute and pax/intel/nvidia admins decide to do one, im going to host an unofficial TF2 tournament (and most likely tribes ascend as well). I run the TF2 tournaments for the GXL ( huge philadelphia area lan), and i played competitive TF2 for years so im happy to do it =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB5aPN5KVNs&amp;hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS7VJb6o_is&amp;hd=1

^^ some frag videos from previous GXL lans =)

thr4sher on
  • GoggalorGoggalor Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    I asked this earlier and was told to wait for this thread:

"SC2/League of Legends:
    Being that these are already or increasingly becoming spectator games, is there going to be a way to spectate or watch the final few games (perhaps with commentary)?"

Also, what format is the League of Legends tournament going to be in? Draft Pick, 6 bans?

Goggalor on
  • EricsErics Charming to the last Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    I also am curious if we have more information on the League of Legends tournament, if any is avaliable.

fabulousFantastic.png
    Twitter | Steam | Twitch.tv ~♪
  • delti90delti90 Registered User regular
    I'm shocked that there isn't a TF2 tournament. It's pretty much the biggest PC shooter there is right now, it doesn't make much sense not to have one.

delti90 wrote: »
    I'm shocked that there isn't a TF2 tournament. It's pretty much the biggest PC shooter there is right now, it doesn't make much sense not to have one.
    zerzhul wrote: »
    yock wrote: »

That's been discussed at length in other threads. Basically there's been a TF2 tournament at many paxen in a row, they're probably trying to switch things up a bit.

• darkvirus07darkvirus07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    LF 2 people to play on my Pax LOL team we need AD carry and AP mid please add me in league Darkvirus07 and send me a message here on the site

darkvirus07 on
    we are looking for 3 actually we need a solo top as well

edited March 2012
    LF 3 people for the League of Legends tourny at pax east this year add darkvirus07

darkvirus07 on
  • GentlemanneGentlemanne Registered User regular
    Magic Online? I strongly approve of this! :D

• oberongxoberongx Registered User new member
    Question: why 32 players for a 5v5 LoL tournement? 2,7,12 alternates or subs? just seems odd (or even rather)

Also, I'm a 1600-1700 Elo player looking for a team for LOL, send me a private message.

oberongx wrote: »
    Question: why 32 players for a 5v5 LoL tournement? 2,7,12 alternates or subs? just seems odd (or even rather)

Also, I'm a 1600-1700 Elo player looking for a team for LOL, send me a private message.

It's not 32 players, if you read the listing it says 32 teams.

• darctemplardarctemplar Registered User new member
    edited April 2012

I've played at 1600-1700 ELO and would like to play at PAX. Reply here or PM me.

darctemplar on
  • kyofukyofu Registered User new member
    In regards to the LoL tournament-- the accounts will be in live realm with all champions, are they also provided with all the runes as well?

• DoctorOctogonapusDoctorOctogonapus Registered User new member
    Looking for a 5th for the LoL tourney. PM me if you're interested.

• eireneseirenes Registered User new member
    I'm looking for a team as well. PM or post here if you need another.

• GammaGamma [E] PC BYOC Manager CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Updated information. League of Legends tournament is Draft Pick, 32 teams of 5, accounts are provided on the Live Realm with all champions and runes unlocked.

• rnaicarnaica Ninja Dino! Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Super excited for the LoL Tourney! See you all there :)

<3
    rara

• KittenPandaKittenPanda Registered User new member
    Hey, I'm also looking for a team for the tournament. I mainly play AD ranged and support. Add Kitten Panda in game.

• hueyshueys Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    We need 2 more people who can mid/top/jungle for the league of legends tournament on Saturday. Add me in game as hueys or PM me if interested! Also roles are really flexible, can discuss.

hueys on
  • chenry888chenry888 Registered User regular
    Can someone post Bracket results from the SC2 tourney?

• GammaGamma [E] PC BYOC Manager CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    chenry888 wrote: »
    Can someone post Bracket results from the SC2 tourney?

http://challonge.com/paxeast2012sc2 was the bracket, but they didn't fill out the last 4. Pokebunny won first place.