As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    *looks at costumes* I resign. Sorry. Haha. No they look awesome!

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    gfish wrote: »
    Team Yellow Gold! We are with Kiashien and RandomFool. We are here to help. Join us.

Poketron: Ampharos
    6900656804_b1bb99a794.jpg
    woolykitten / gfish / paxtacular / boozysmurf

You guys. This is absurdly awesome. I have... no words.

I'm afraid I've put a lot less effort into my appearance, but I'm pretty proud of my mini-costume nonetheless. I'll be wearing a Squirtle Squad Knit Cap. Team Totodile Silver. <3

• Rocco_CRocco_C Art Lead TorontoRegistered User new member
    Great outfits! (wish I thought of that) I'm so pumped to be back in Boston. This and the XMG/ghostbusters party are two of the events I'm most looking forward to.

and there goes the hammer.
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Alright Pokefolks!

I'm heading out from Pallet Town and will be arriving in Johto in a few hours. See you all tonight!

• AurorBKAurorBK Registered User regular
    I got really worried the bars would be packed all night when I realized today is Opening Day, but we dodged a bullet since the Sox are playing away at 1pm.

See everyone tonight.

• TheSeffTheSeff South Boston, MARegistered User regular
    AurorBK wrote: »
    I got really worried the bars would be packed all night when I realized today is Opening Day, but we dodged a bullet since the Sox are playing away at 1pm.

See everyone tonight.
    x2

Same here, thankfully we're out of town. Next weekend is going to be a mess though.

I work at the corner of Seaport and Atlantic and I've already overhead people this morning walking to work talking about PAX. SO EXCITED.

I am literally only registered on this forum for the PAX East PokeCrawl; Red Gold four years running. Feel free to ask questions regarding Boston Area bars, restaurants, attractions, etc around PAX East.
  • ProeliatorProeliator Registered User regular
    I like trains! I like trains! I like trains! I like trains!

On Amtrak s.hipping up to Boston, see you all tonight!

P.S. How awesome is free WiFi on your mode of transportation? Sooooooooo awesome!

• DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    AurorBK wrote: »

See everyone tonight.

That said, there will be a Bruins game starting at 7 (though it's an away game, so shouldn't pose too many complications). I'll be wearing black & gold under my Team Totodile.

5I7JEDi.png
  • GweedoGweedo Just OK Gweedo Milwaukee, WIRegistered User regular
    I see the teams are closed, but would it be a jerk move if me and a buddy just showed up and tagged along with one of the teams?

• FaderFader Registered User regular
    As with previous years, I look forward to the confused expressions of the general populace.

• StarlightslkStarlightslk Cambridge, MARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    @gfish Wow you guys look awesome!

Since I ran out of time to make anything new I'll be wearing Cynthia again. XD

I am super excited for tonight! Yay Team Blue! \^o^/

Starlightslk on
    PAX East PokéCrawl: 2010 Team!Bulbasaur! ~ 2011 Team!Squirtle! ~ 2012 Team!Totodile! ~ 2013 Team!Feraligatr!
    PAX East PokéCrawl Cosplay '10-'13: Cynthia(Pokémon)

PAX East '10 Cosplays: Fri: Cynthia(Pokémon) Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '11 Cosplays: Fri: Tifa Lockhart(Final Fantasy VII: AC)
    PAX East '12 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers) Sat & Sun: Nord (Skyrim)
    PAX East '13 Cosplays: Fri: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt, Fri&Sun: Cammy(Street Fighter), Sat: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)
    PAX East '14 Cosplays: Fri: L.Raptor(Darkstalkers)mb, Sat: Liliana of the Veil(MtG), Sun: Morrigan(Darkstalkers)alt

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Gweedo wrote: »
    I see the teams are closed, but would it be a jerk move if me and a buddy just showed up and tagged along with one of the teams?

Yes, it would be a jerk move. Look for Team Snorlax, they're at a a bar somewhere close to the crawl hanging out, without challenges.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • GweedoGweedo Just OK Gweedo Milwaukee, WIRegistered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Gweedo wrote: »

Yes, it would be a jerk move. Look for Team Snorlax, they're at a a bar somewhere close to the crawl hanging out, without challenges.

Cool, anyone have any info on which bar this will be? I've seen the Hard Rock tossed around a few times. Maybe we will just go there.

• chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Hard Rock is actually a skip this year as they are hosting a private party. I\m not sure there is an official Team Snorlax camping this year, but the crawl is difficult to miss if you go to any bar in that area and look out the window. We ask people to avoid just showing up without being on a team, because herding 100 people through it is already madness. And Sparta.

Also, if you were on a team hitting Hard Rock PLEASE LOOK at the revised schedule! Or Arson's butt. We can all look at Arson's butt.

• ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Made it! Route maps screenshotted (since as a Canuck, I'll be absolutely without internet), drinking stomach ready!

Let's do this!

Okay, well, let's wait for 7:30 or so then LET'S DO THIS!

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    Four green fields is on Washington street in case anyone needs to find it

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    Mentlegen, thank you for not only making this pokecrawl AMAZING, but also giving me a kickass start to my honeymoon. I hope to see you all over the next couple days.

• VictoryofthepplVictoryoftheppl Community Outreach Coordinator @ Gamers Outreach Registered User regular
    *PLEASE READ* hi guys! Wallet is missing. It was a rectangular wallet with American McGee's Alice character on there. Please PLEASE call 616 828 8151 if you have it.

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Thanks to everyone for making the Pokecrawl such a success this year! Arsonbro got auctioned for a large sum of money to Child's Play, and I didn't have to peel anyone out of any gutters. SUCCESS!!

• ArighArigh Registered User regular
    Dear other Pokecrawlers,

That was a fucking blast. I'll be waving at you all you Red Silver and Silver general people tomorrow.

Sincerely,
    Arigh

ps. I'm amazed more drunk people haven't posted odd things. So, here's a sweet picture of a guy yelling at a llama: tmhfinale.jpg

• KyussKyuss Registered User regular
    love rubikscube and sexy dave. not the alcohol talking. :)

• jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    Hi barcrawl!

One of my participants handed me a dead phone that was lost on the crawl.

It was found at Four Green Fields. If someone has an accurate description of what it is, HOLLER. AT. ME.

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    I must say the pokecrawl was a success, I was the High Fives for PAXEast Guy! thanks for everyone who gave me a high five!

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • forging_realityforging_reality Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Oh sweet jeebus save me from myself...and house elves

forging_reality on
  • KailKail Keeper of Awesomeness WMASSRegistered User regular
    onestoptoglory.tumblr.com some of the activities of tonight.

PAXEast 2013 Status - [] 3-day badge [] Hotel [] Challenge Coin
    VP of 5x5Servers.com
  • Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    There is only one mo fo I want right now. I sent my girl to bed and now I'm showering and sleeping. but you have my number and please call me tonight. <3 cell is 972-342-5572 I don't know if it will work honestly. <3

Oh my glob.

I am not that kind of girl, Brad.

• arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    soooo ... if someone happened to grab the brofessor's lab coat, he would appreciate its return ...

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    Fantastic night everyone! Thanks to everyone on Team Yellow who came out!

Bell in Hand dance party was totally the highlight of the night.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    There is only one mo fo I want right now. I sent my girl to bed and now I'm showering and sleeping. but you have my number and please call me tonight. <3 cell is 972-342-5572 I don't know if it will work honestly. <3

Oh my glob.

I am not that kind of girl, Brad.

Le...Oh...jeeebs.

I'm glad I'm classin' this place up so much. Really.

• The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What a night! Great job yellow gold, and thank you for helping me have a night to remember. All challenges complete, plus some for good measure, and was still able to get up before 8.

And you other teams? You all rock as well. Can't wait to grab drinks with you peeps again.

The_Saves on
    Ummm...
    But for reals. I did lose my wallet and I do need a new phone. I know you're all very shocked by this. But if I made friends last night and I don't call you today, that's why. See you guys at the expo!

• ArcticXCArcticXC Registered User regular
    Good game folks. I danced, I drank, I laughed and I may have faceplanted on the walk home.

And damn you Arson for stealing my sunglasses then forcing me to spend way more than they were worth at the auction to get them back. Good times.

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    I had a really fantastic time last night, see you all at PAX

• rosaparxrosaparx Registered User regular
    anyone else from last night at BYOC?

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I am almost recovered. I still have Juju's lab coat. Apparently I won an auction too. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    Dear Team Yellow Silver!

I had an awesome time leading you all. This was the best thing ever. It was awesome seeing you guys open up from getting our cardio in finding the third bar to half the team doing parkour back to the bell in hand (you guys were scaring me to death!) It was so freaking memorable. Thanks and I want to do this again...just not lose my wallet. Also the leaders from team yellow gold. Thanks thanks thanks. You guys are so amazing and comforting! <3

MEfw2yy.png

Team [E] <3
  • EQVEQV Spaceteam Champ 2013 Registered User regular
    Team Blue/Blue Gold/everyone else: Had an awesome time partying with you guys and yelling at folks with the Squirtle Squad. Got all of my badges!

BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE BLUE

TOURNAMENT CHAMPION - SPACETEAM, PAX EAST 2013
    Team Yellow (S) 2013 - The Ampharos Association
    Pokécrawl Episode 4

Team Blue (G) 2012 - The Fightin' Totodiles
    Pokécrawl Episode 3

PAX East 2012 - Rookie - Saturday, April 7
    PAX East 2013 - Twice as Nice - March 22-24
  • MilpoolMilpool Registered User new member
    Hey I just wanted to say we had a great time last night with you guys. Although we were as little late to the party, team Red/Gold was kind enough to adopt my friend and I. We made it all the way to the last bar but I was too far gone and had to go back to the hotel. We did all the challenges but didn't get our cards signed on the last one. Thanks for an awesome time though. Hopefully I"ll see some of you guys around PAX!

• gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dear Team Yellow Silver!
    Also the leaders from team yellow gold. Thanks thanks thanks. You guys are so amazing and comforting! <3

You did great!

-- PokeTron: Ampharos