As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East Train Alliance 2012

12345679»

• Options
    Thin Red PasteThin Red Paste Way out in the sticks.Registered User regular
    Tired of wandering around, gonna chill by gate e for a while. They dont have the gate info up yet and this was the first one i came to.

• Options
    WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    Sonic Line checking in, nearing Charlottesville presently. We're mostly (all?) grouped in train car #82688. Look for the East 2011 shirts and DSes and iPads everywhere.

Could we get the car's location in the train (far back, far front, middle, second, etc)?

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Propriety wrote: »
    Kyuss wrote: »
    My friends and I will be taking the early morning Philly train as well.
    GrimRupert wrote: »
    Sitting in 30th Street Station in Philly, though I have plenty of time before the 12:16 train.

Excellent! I am going to be there in... probably an hour, even though my train doesn't leave until 2 PM. :P

Well, I'm currently sitting in the McDonald's on my laptop wearing blue clothing if you want company. I'll also be looking to grab lunch at 11:30 at either the Pizza Hut Express or Subway (I think they have those here), so be on the lookout for a fatty in blue (specifically, a blue messenger bag and purple duffel, a blue shirt over a darker blue t-shirt that says "Press X To Not Die").

EDIT: Just realized last minute I left my badge at home, of all things. I was so busy thinking about toiletries and getting my train tickets I forgot about the stinking badge. I might have to pay for a later train, which would suck, but what are ya gonna do? So I'll be waiting at the front of the station now hoping my brother can get my badge to me in time.

GrimRupert on
    I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    ian.samuelian.samuel Washington, DCRegistered User regular
    Cool, I'm in line for Sonic boarding now. I think I see you all up in line ahead. I'm wearing a red headband and a pax east scarf.

• Options
    TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Union Station checking in. There seem to be about a dozen of us so far. Boarding the back or the train.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Options
    BigSassyBigSassy Registered User regular
    Yup, Sonic line we're in the last train car. I'll be stepping out on the platform at each stop holding a PAX East sign above my head.

• Options
    MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    Just got to the station at BWI. Catch you all shortly.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Just got on the northeast regional in philly headed to beantown. 6:55 am

Pretty sure we are on the same train. We got on at 7:16 am in Trenton. We went all the way to the last car, actually second to last row. Pretty packed on here.

I'm with 2 others. Wondering if we should try to get us all on the same car.

Sorry. I've been passing in and out all trip. Haha. 3 hours of sleep will do that.

One more stop and then victory! I need to find a grocery store.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    gespo89 wrote: »
    Just got to the station at BWI. Catch you all shortly.

Cool. There are a bunch of us in the rear.

#thatswhatshe... well, you get it.

• Options
    GrimRupertGrimRupert Registered User regular
    I made it! Four minutes to go and my brother got me my badge. I am now on the 174 Regional, heading towards Boston.

I'm a website!
    PAX East 2014 Checklist:
    [X] - Pre-registered | [ ] - Train tickets | [ ] - Time Off
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    The Sonic Line is currently making its way through NYC. WARNING: The train is ridiculously full right now, so we are all spread out. Updates to come later.

• Options
    Given that we're all spread out, anyone got games going in the more forward cars? Dining car or whatever? #ttlfg :p

• Options
    UnnDunnUnnDunn New York, NYRegistered User regular
    I'm on board the Sonic Line (176 Northeast Regional), just pulling out of NYC right now. Where is everyone?

• Options
    BinarySamuraiBinarySamurai Code Chef Registered User regular
    Can't wait to see the group photo from the metalgear line.

• Options
    UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Where you guys at, binary? We're in the top main theater lines.

Edit: also yes, that picture will be glorious. We had a lot of people.

UEAKCrash on
  • Options
    We didn't make it in time to get into the Q&A panel. We got stuck in the overflow and just went back down to the convention floor to scout out freebies.
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Where you guys at, binary? We're in the top main theater lines.

Edit: also yes, that picture will be glorious. We had a lot of people.

• Options
    I'll be trying to get my android out sometime today. I definitely will have it with me tomorrow so feel free to hit me up on twitter. @BinarySamurai_

• Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    anyone have the group photo we took on the metal gear line aka lake shore limited Thanks for the fun time btw

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    Yeah I can't wait to see it, too.

• Options
    Gidgets is the pic taker, I sent her a message but haven't heard back yet. Hopefully we will hear from her soon.

• Options
    We saw her cruising around in a wheelchair during PAX, too. Hopefully she's ok.

• Options
    Hmm wonder what happened.

• Options
    SirCandleSirCandle Registered User new member
    I had so much fun with all you guys! I didn't get a much contact info as I would have liked, but anyone can go ahead and add me on Facebook! (Danny Dellinger). I was one of the 3(?) Dannys on the metal gear line.

• Options
    JudeJenkinsJudeJenkins Registered User regular
    If any of you were on the Metal Gear train, and we played "Cthulhu Gloom" together for the first time...send me a message! Would love to keep in touch!

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sonic Line was another win this year. Getting on at BWI meant that there wasn't really room in the very last car ("official" PAX car) when we got on. However, my buddy and I grabbed two seats in the next-to-last car, which seemed to have a fair number of PAXers in it as well. Around New York I started hovering in the Dining Car and managed to snag a table from a father/son who were getting off in NYC. We then played Cards Against Humanity with a rotating cast of characters for the remainder of the trip to Boston (making it the entire way through the original set + expansion almost twice). I remember playing with @TabooPhantasy and @RoboticCheese and @Frabba and Tara (don't know her handle), but we had probably 10 or 12 different people play at one point or another. Thanks guys!

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    Yeah, Sonic line was crazy fun. A crap ton of MarioKart, then taking over the dining car for tabletop. Thanks to BigSassy and the rest of you guys who played Pandemic, even though we got our buts kicked. It was a great way to finish up the trip.

P.S. If any of you played MarioKart under the name Mac(or maybe Mak), I demand you show yourself! There was like 6 of us in the last car playing, and we never did figure out the identity of the other crazygood racer that joined in and won like two thirds of the races.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sonic line was crazy fun. A crap ton of MarioKart, then taking over the dining car for tabletop. Thanks to BigSassy and the rest of you guys who played Pandemic, even though we got our buts kicked. It was a great way to finish up the trip.

Were you the group with the guy I shall forever refer to as St Makers Mark?

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    flatline wrote: »

Were you the group with the guy I shall forever refer to as St Makers Mark?
    I don't remember anything particularly notable to do with Makers Mark but I am also incredibly unobservant so I couldn't say for sure. I was about 1/2 way back in the last car (across from Taboo) playing MarioKart and the like and then I relocated to the dining car where I was with a bunch of people with flasks(maybe you are talking about one of them) playing Pandemic. We we''re diagonally across the isle from the big table playing CAH (which I'm assuming was you all).

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Options
    gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    Sorry! Photos to come soon! It's a new fancy memory card, so I need to get a new fancy mem card reader!!! I'll put it up as soon as I can!

Also, re: wheelchair. I have a healing broken foot. I can walk ok (with a hopefully unnoticeable limp), but not for 8 hours...so I got a wheelchair. I'm fine, thanks for the concern!

• Options
    Awesome! Any chance we could get a downloadable version of the group shot? Right now Flickr is set to not allowing it. Maybe upload it to Imgur or something? I mean I could always screenshot it and cut it out, but that sounds sloppy!

• Options
    gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    I changed the permissions. You can download now. Let me know if you have any issues. Please credit if shared!
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Awesome! Any chance we could get a downloadable version of the group shot? Right now Flickr is set to not allowing it. Maybe upload it to Imgur or something? I mean I could always screenshot it and cut it out, but that sounds sloppy!

This discussion has been closed.