As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    RazalgrimRazalgrim Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    Looks like Ezreal and Nocturne had a lovechild

This sounds incredibly correct. Seems he's some sort of oily-shadow-monster-thing that can make his bow disappear and reappear at will.

I don't like it.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    One spell per wave for 30HP doesn't mean much when Ryze overloads twice for ~150. She definitely worries about early trades

Anyway, I picked Morg first again last game, this time my excellent instincts told me that the Ryze they picked wasn't going to be retarded, so I swapped spots with Rend and gave him mid battle Soraka.

Morg/Ashe apparently too strong for Trist/Sona when they like tanking Bindings with their face.

If Ryze is sticking around long enough to overload you twice then you are able to bind him. Morgana should have both the minion and sustain advantage in the lane, even if Ryze has more burst at level 3 (though taking shield at level 3 still leaves you with a net advantage in damage during a trade).

Binding is a skill shot.

Yes, and this means it always misses all the time even at 600 range when the other guy is moving towards you so he can land his combo. Morgana is going to miss a lot at 1000+, but at 600-650 her binding should be pretty reliable.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Apparently both Hecarim and the Eznocrealturn fellow are playable at PAX East this weekend. Anybody there?

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Oh man I have never bought someone at launch but I really want to buy this guy

Who has arrows - varus, ashe, vayne... Anyone else? Want to run an all arrows team and just keep asking people if they get the point when they die

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    Oh my sweet christ, why did nobody tell me about smartcasting before?
    My tornadoes have never been so fast
    Katarinas have never been so disappointed

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Who has arrows - varus, ashe, vayne... Anyone else? Want to run an all arrows team and just keep asking people if they get the point when they die

Ezreal launches a huge "arrow" for his ult

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    tehjester wrote: »

Also, twitch

• Options
    tehjestertehjester Tampa, FlRegistered User regular
    Rend wrote: »

i know right! i am having some issues with the transitioning between the shift and control keys for when i cast and level my abilities, respectively. i'm just going to blame that poor coordination on trying to learn smart-casting while learning to play without my camera locked

PSN: JesterKing13 Blizz Battletag: tehjester#1448
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular

Also, twitch

Yesssss that's five!

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular

Also, your shields should be a little faster now too. Janna is one of those support champs that really benefit from smartcasting, IMO. Lulu's another.

I have a Razer Naga and I've actually bound leveling up abilities to the mouse's number keys. Ultra convenient.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Whoa whoa whoa.

There are keybinds for leveling up?

Also, what's smartcast?

• Options
    Yeah, you can bind a keystroke (usually Modifier+QWER, like Control or Shift) to put a point in a skill after you level up. Helpful for those champs that like to jump immediately on the enemy when they hit 2 or 6 or whatever. It's in the options menu.

Smartcasting is... say for Annie, normally when you press Q you get a range indicator and a targeting crosshair. You left-click on your target and then the Fireball is shot. With smartcast for Q, you press Q and the fireball is immediately shot at whichever enemy unit your mouse is hovering over.

Basically it lets you fire off your skills faster; much faster. But you have to know your ranges because with this method you can't see them.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    ctrl+1/2/3/4 to level abilities

Useful if you level in a fight

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    ctrl+1/2/3/4 to level abilities

Useful if you level in a fight

It's useful if you level anywhere, imo. I use it every time, because when I level, my cursor is usually on the screen, because I'm usually doing something :p

So I level it on the fly and don't stop to click.

• Options
    vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    They brought back the League Judgement thing. I like those, and this one is pretty good.
    Edit: Nevermind, I guess it's a one time thing.

vallav on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Ryze vs Fizz mid: Early Game CS

Ryze: 50
    Fizz: 15

Fizz has 2 kills from really good noctune ganks by 15 minutes.

End of the game CS (20 min surrender)

Ryze: 109 (3 kills/2 assists)
    Fizz: 62 (3 kills/0 assists)

Ryze: Fizz is a really bad pick into Ryze, you shouldn't have done that
    Fizz: "Lol is that why i shat on you in lane?"

Sometimes the people in this game...

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here are the true secrets:

Shift + 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Leaving for IPL in a few minutes, hopefully I'll bring back a boatload of Riot skin codes!

Saldonas on
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular

Also, twitch

and LAZERZZzzZ

• Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The new champ looks fantastic. I picks the lol sivir today at pax. Trying to get the jax pax skin as well. Will do my best to pick up extras and give them out!

Also everyone hates support crank on the opposing team. It's like he has a global taunt during team fights. This is great for my team, but bad for my kill death ratio.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    In today's news, support Lux is ridiculously fun! Nobody expects her to burst that hard.

• Options
    There really should be a PAX Blitzcrank skin.

Fruit Molester all up in's.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Damn it, now I have two first day heroes to buy...horseman and the new AD carry.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    One spell per wave for 30HP doesn't mean much when Ryze overloads twice for ~150. She definitely worries about early trades

Anyway, I picked Morg first again last game, this time my excellent instincts told me that the Ryze they picked wasn't going to be retarded, so I swapped spots with Rend and gave him mid battle Soraka.

Morg/Ashe apparently too strong for Trist/Sona when they like tanking Bindings with their face.

If Ryze is sticking around long enough to overload you twice then you are able to bind him. Morgana should have both the minion and sustain advantage in the lane, even if Ryze has more burst at level 3 (though taking shield at level 3 still leaves you with a net advantage in damage during a trade).

Binding is a skill shot.

Yes, and this means it always misses all the time even at 600 range when the other guy is moving towards you so he can land his combo. Morgana is going to miss a lot at 1000+, but at 600-650 her binding should be pretty reliable.
    Yeah, that's not the issue. Overload is 675, Morg's attack range is 425. At 1-5, if she just drops Soil on minions, she's probably getting at most 2 last hits from that. If she goes for any others, Overload to the face. From safety behind creeps.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options

Binding is a skill shot.

Yeah, that's not the issue. Overload is 675, Morg's attack range is 425. At 1-5, if she just drops Soil on minions, she's probably getting at most 2 last hits from that. If she goes for any others, Overload to the face. From safety behind creeps.

That game was fun. I shut ryze down pretty hard, though their jungle pretty much had me for dinner. Once teamfight phase hit though, we were golden.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i literally cannot remember a time a morgana has hit me with a binding while going mid as ryze if she didnt ult me first

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Huh. Gabe did the Varus concept art.

• Options
    And Tycho wrote the fluff text.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    i literally cannot remember a time a morgana has hit me with a binding while going mid as ryze if she didnt ult me first
    I like to be sneaky about it. I see him leave for blue, I trail, on the way back from getting blue, Binding from the bushes, ult, ignite, dead, blue stolen.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I was only looking at the pictures.

No wait, I mean I only read it for the articles.

Am I doing this right?

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    lol its Dark Ezreal

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Picks going out. This should be interesting since CLG got Shen. I have my first Riot Nasus skin.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Bought.

Pity ipl is running now so I can't jump into a game with it.

• Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    Oh wow, that sword really does look like a carrot when she's ulting.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    vallav wrote: »

HA HA HA HA HA

OH MY GOD, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

Houn on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Guess I'm buying Riven now.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    vallav wrote: »

WHERE IS TALITH! TALITH YOUR DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!!!

• Options
    Riven's a fun champ, you should.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    And like that, Riot Games' financial future has been secured.

• Options
    Anyone else from the PA forums at IPL?

Let me know if you want to hang.

This discussion has been closed.